3rd/4th place: Brazil - The Netherlands - Saturday 12/07/2014 22:00 CEST

Team to finish 3rd?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Jasper: 42+120+120+90=372 consecutive minutes without conceding a goal and still going :proud:
tumblr_n8m9e5m3Cd1qg21t4o4_250.gif

Zenga record is at 517 minutes.

I'm coming for you, Walter!
tumblr_n8mc8vDCHw1qz51y7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n8mc53Xzpn1qcgf4ko1_500.jpg

tumblr_n8mc2xRODK1try6hpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n8mc8pO8Ce1rcnnswo1_500.jpg

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sumthin aint right with the Brazil camp... Im sayin infighting... wheres Alves?

Alves? He was freaking mediocre the games he has played.

What is wrong with Brazil?

Like I said before, for 4 years it has been Neymar is the superstar and nobody can outshine him. If they keep it that way Brail is not going to be a contender until neymar retires. This is not a team, this is a one man band and 10 extras.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Robben could have a claim for player of the tournament. With the possible exception of last game he has been a force and had a major impact time and time again. He looks rejuvenated, not that he isn't pretty great for Bayern.

Indeed.

3x0...

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Van gaal you fucking troll

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Like I said before, for 4 years it has been Neymar is the superstar and nobody can outshine him. If they keep it that way Brail is not going to be a contender until neymar retires. This is not a team, this is a one man band and 10 extras.

Nobody can outshine Neymar cause they're not good enough.

Oscar is great but he's not the kind of player who is a focal point of the team.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Well brazil... At least you made it out of group stages... Let no one take that away from you :proud:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
That Brazilian attack is actually nothing without neymar.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Still better than maicon!

Also, Brazil has always had 3/4 superstars not just 1. Neymar isnt even a fully qualified superstar... he will be, but he isnt now.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Huge respect to Kuyt for playing RWB/LWB efficiently when he is almost 34 .

profpk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Brazilian team needs a revamp in terms of coaching and playing style.. Scolari has to go but i am not sure who would the best to replace him

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody can outshine Neymar cause they're not good enough.

Oscar is great but he's not the kind of player who is a focal point of the team.

Pretty much. It's not a mistake that they decide to build around him.

As far as this game, this result isn't surprising. Most of the Brazil players check out of this competition after 2-0 against Germany. They were not were near ready mentally to play this game a couple days later.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
Robben could have a claim for player of the tournament. With the possible exception of last game he has been a force and had a major impact time and time again. He looks rejuvenated, not that he isn't pretty great for Bayern.

IMO he is the player of the tournament.

--

Fernandinho has to be the worst & most thuggish player ever. His fouls aren't even like mistimed tackles, he just fucking goes through the opponent every single time. How he is not red carded every single game he plays is beyond me

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nigel getting his medal :proud:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Pretty much an excellent tournament by the Dutch. Unbeaten, so many standout players, best defensive outfit and some nice tactical matches. Thank you for the entertainment.

I really like this current PSV-Ajax-Feyenoord generation.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Did the slut start crying again? Worst Brazilian captain of all time?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Scolari just said in press conference that Brazil could have beaten Germany 8-7 and Holland 4-3 so why quit?
he will not resign,he is to arrogant for that,they will have to fire him,plus he is getting paid millions by some players to get selected,players henrique paid him to get his call up,so why quite

From comments section of goal. Its interesting abt players payin for a place.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
What a 60 million clearance before that 2nd goal..

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe he was heading it to those 3 Brazilians in the box. Little more power, better direction, and everybody wud have been wanking over the clearance.

Dont get me wrong, guy is still a shit defender.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Quite easily the worse ref quartet in the wc, got everything wrong against both teams, I tend to defend refs cause we judge plays on replays and slow mo (and they cant be on 100% of plays that happen in the pitch) but this one was quite a mess.

Holland rightfully got the 3rd place. Kuyt is possibly my favorite dutch player, smart, hardworking, versatile, and all this at his age. He had a fantastic WC and deserves huuuge credit. But the rest of the dutch team was great too and the 3rd place is a deserved feat, Van Gaal understood his team's weakness and worked on it.

Brazil was an emotional mess. Its very rarely I've seen a team that is so on the verge of crumbling down from day 1. I expected them to grow in confidence and w/ home advantage for it to die down (they didnt have a team to win it per say nor enough official competitive games on their backs but those other two factors could have helped). Here's the thing a 4th place is actually a great feat for Brazill's team, but the lack of organization and discipline (and obviously the scoreline) its a huge flop.

I think with a good tactical disposition this team could have left a better taste in the mouth. But the anarchy it displayed was disgusting and it showed how the team was more driven by emotions than anything else.

Scolari's post game declarations are the worse show ever.