Week 9: FC Internazionale vs A.C. Milan 21/10/2018 20:30

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
fc753194.jpg

who could forget this iconic picture ?

k8ur2Rj.png

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Derby on my birthday, can only mean 1 thing:

WIN. Am fucking pumped, was planning on going to sansiro again this year but couldn't get any tickets... so will be watching from home but man am i psyched for this!!!

Forza Milan <3

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Fabio is ready
nqCPC9p.jpg

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
I need that as my new avatar ^, can someone resize it?

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Mattia Caldara will return to the team for the match against Inter and should be available on the bench for Gennaro Gattuso's team.

Meanwhile, Conti, who has been battling a lengthy knee injury, will get called up by the Rossoneri for the first time against Inter. This is an important sign that the fullback's recovery is going well and soon coach Gattuso will be able to count on him on the field.

Nice. Let's not rush Conti back though.

I hope Caldara can start against Betis next week.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Andrea Conti is very close to returning from a lengthy injury that kept him out of action for more than a year. His agent Mario Giuffredi spoke to Milannews.it and described the process and expected recovery times of the fullback.

"He is training with the team. In the next 15 days, he will play with the Primavera and then gradually come back. Derby call up? No, absolutely not," he said.

"He has a great desire, but he is a balanced boy and has his family and girlfriend nearby. The injuries never made us think badly about his football life. We have always been very positive.

"Now that he is about to return to play he sees a great light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously, it takes some time. The experience I had from other players who suffered a bad injury is that the first 3-4 months are a bit problematic. He must not think that he is immediately the same as before because it takes time to readjust," Giuffredi concluded.

This makes more sense.

Last edited:

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
I'm worried that with the long time out + physical impact of injuries that he would never be the same as before. which sucks because it's why we signed him in the first place

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Hopefully Gagliardini starts. We should target him.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm worried that with the long time out + physical impact of injuries that he would never be the same as before. which sucks because it's why we signed him in the first place

True that. I really, really hope he will recover, stay healthy for a good many years and play as the player we expected him to be.

But then I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him reach previous levels.

I just pray he has a steel will and impressive regenerative powers to overcome the odds.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
No need to rush Conti back at all. Calabria has improved tremendously and is good enough to start right now. Abate has been a more than serviceable backup as well. In fact even when Conti is fully fit and gets back into a rhythm then he will have a serious fight on his hands with Calabria for the starting RB position.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Would much prefer Reina to be starting, Donnarumma inspires no confidence.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Would much prefer Reina to be starting, Donnarumma inspires no confidence.

Donnarumma is a big match player though

Ain't no way he's not going to be present in the spotlights. The face of Milan needs to be on the field.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Win + a clean sheet would be nice. Our defensive record is Serie B worthy atm.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“This is the kind of game that prepares itself, so we must if anything try not to feel it too intensely and avoid losing too much energy to stress,” said Gattuso in his Press conference.

“Inter are a strong side and not just on paper, as they showed in the Champions League. They have quality, are physically imposing, and we mustn’t make mistakes or show fear. We’ve got to respect Inter and play our style of football, keeping a particular eye on set plays, plus the movements of Mauro Icardi and Ivan Perisic.

“If we look at each individual player, we have different characteristics to Inter, and certainly less in terms of physicality. On the other hand, we have something more on a technical level.

“Luciano Spalletti is a Coach who can always find solutions and is someone for a younger Coach like me to learn from. He knows when to make changes and can mould his teams to the situation.

“We are not relying on Gonzalo Higuain, but on the collective. Someone has to give Higuain the ball for him to make any impact, after all. The team is more complete compared to last season and we do create more chances.

“Over the last month, my team has improved a great deal in terms of mentality. Perhaps some players hate me, but my vision of football demands a very professional attitude in training and I don’t keep my opinions to myself. I’m well aware some love that, while about 20 per cent probably hate me.”

Gattuso hinted that Hakan Calhanoglu has been struggling with off the field issues.

“He did very well on international duty in the last two games and I hope to see the Calhanoglu that played for Turkey. I often speak to him and Hakan perhaps needed to talk more than others and work on his mentality, as he had some family problems to deal with. He needs more affection and is coming off a tough time personally, so we’re trying to be close to him.”

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:monto: Who are the 20 percent who hate Rino?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
bertolacci bakayoko with montolivo as leader probably

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
No need to rush Conti back at all. Calabria has improved tremendously and is good enough to start right now. Abate has been a more than serviceable backup as well. In fact even when Conti is fully fit and gets back into a rhythm then he will have a serious fight on his hands with Calabria for the starting RB position.

:thumbsup:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Donnarumma is a big match player though

Ain't no way he's not going to be present in the spotlights. The face of Milan needs to be on the field.

:lol::lol::lol: juve game wasnt too long ago

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Concern is not misplaced and it can always fail but his youth gives him the best chances to recover from this physically. The big challenge won't be healing physically imo as it should work out with a sensible schedule and proper PT rehab work. I am more concerned with how long it takes him mentally to trust his body again in order to become the player he has been before and improve on that.

:monto: Who are the 20 percent who hate Rino?

Basically small club mentality players - so no wonder he clashed with Montoleader as he did. Every great man has always been open to learn and improve. If you want to be world class, you have to be a psychopath in terms of always wanting more and getting better(Kobe, MJ great examples). Never settle - I am sure guys like that love Gattuso.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
good game for clean sheet don't you think, guys?