Week 12: Milan vs Juventus 11/11/2018 20:30 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The reactions in here clearly shows that it's not just the players that have mentality issues. People here are losing it after a deserved loss to Juventus. We're still in contention for fourth place, and Bakayoko is showing a lot of promise.

We can still have a great season.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
The penalty will be a regret, but ultimately, Juve are clearly in a different level. Even had we gone 1-1, there's a decent chance they would have raised the game to peg us back immediately.

For me, the positives are Bakayoko, Zapata and the overall stability of the defensive line. Barring the one mistake from RicRod that ended up costing us.

I'm glad the team had visibly improved from the last big match we played, the derby, because that will give them confidence that they are on the right path.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe a 2nd penalty? Benatia should have received a red card.
f42f646dfc6768479300ff16f1535f76.jpg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
which second penalty?

The one where Chiellini spun Romagnoli to the ground, holding his jersey, and got a free kick himself instead.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
He held the jersey, but Romagnoli clearly dived in the end. But these things are all pointless. Juve have got penalties against us for jersey tugging.

We need to utilize this game to get better as a team. If it was a title-challenge game, I'd agree at raging about all these issues. But we are much below Juve in quality and I'll focus on beating the other 18 teams in the league rather than dwell on this match.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
He held the jersey, but Romagnoli clearly dived in the end. But these things are all pointless. Juve have got penalties against us for jersey tugging.

We need to utilize this game to get better as a team. If it was a title-challenge game, I'd agree at raging about all these issues. But we are much below Juve in quality and I'll focus on beating the other 18 teams in the league rather than dwell on this match.

Indeed - it's a painful reality that we are not at Juventus' level at the moment. It was nice to dream for a moment that we might steal a win or a draw, but the players need to move forward and keep their eyes on the prize. This was not a must-win match, nice as it would have been.

The reactions in here clearly shows that it's not just the players that have mentality issues. People here are losing it after a deserved loss to Juventus. We're still in contention for fourth place, and Bakayoko is showing a lot of promise.

We can still have a great season

Indeed, if we beat Lazio we are back up to where we want to be and then hopefully we will have enough gas to finish this half of the season with our current squad. Then it will be up to our all-star management to conjure a number of special surprises in addition to Paqueta.

I don't want to go on about the match itself but what stood out was poor passing on our part - we don't look like the same team that started the season. I hope we can get back on track once we get a new regista.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Dont think the referee is to blame at all especially in a game vs the best in italy where you need to finish half the chances you get

. We played well and im proud of the boys, we had chances and should have taken them

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Many other teams have shitty record vs Juve, its not just us. One team league does that to you.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
we actually have the most wins vs them and possibly the best record. it just hurts that they are increasing the gap slowly. it was like a 9 game difference at one time but now it's 22.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
We were not bad at all and should have got a result.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
I'm just salty we lost because Jube looked tired and poor that game - very beatable. Sure, the ref might've been stricter against Jube overall but we had enough opportunities to take the game. I think a draw would actually be a fair result.

Generally I'd say their squad has more quality but on that day they didn't show much but still won.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this for the hundreth time:

Roman gets pulled out of position to defend crosses, this leaves abate and our weaker CB's in the middle to defend in the box on crosses and they don't have a clue

Roman needs to stay in the middle of the box to defend crosses and let RR and LCM/LW get back to defend no excuses!!!

Schedule