THE FOURTH STRIKER?

Please, pick your favorite for the role.

• Javier Chevanton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernardo Corradi

• Herman Crespo

• Fabio Bazzani

• Alberto Gilardino

• Didier Drogba

• Luis Fabiano

• Total voters

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
This is a simple poll question, about who would you like to see as the fourth striker at milan... there are many separate topic about certain strikers but I would like to see a overview of opinion here i possible, thx. please just pick one, and give a reason if you like... with so many roumors pick your favorite...

FORZA MILAN!!! :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil:

PLEASE IF YOU GOT THIS FAR ...VOTE!!!

jazz_iz_4eva_milanisti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini
it is really really tough to only choose one. it would be better to buy a combination.

i guess out of the whole list we are only likely to see chevanton or crespo at milan next season because
1) drogba allegedly isn't leaving marseille
2) crespo has specifically expressed he wants to come to milan
3) juve seem to be most likely to sign corradi
4) gilardino has said he will stay at parma so long as no one else leaves but he wants to win CL, so i suppose that means he'd like to play in milan
5) chevanton is said to be "strongly linked with milan" but lecce have said they want at least 7.5 million pounds for him
6) though ancellotti has expressed an interest in bazzani, at the weekend sampdoria did say that bazzani will ne staying with them

i think chevanton will be at milan very very soon and if he isn't then galliani will have made a big mistake...he is such a promising youngster with so much talent

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
I choose Gilardino mainly because he has scored 23 goals this season....in fact he almost pipped Sheva for the golden boot....luckily he didnt :). Ide rather Gilarindo because he is only 21 and is a proven goal scorer for a big club. I know it sounds wierd bu i would rather a striker who has scored for a bigger club...like Parma..than a smaller club...like Lecce....i know it sounds wier but it makes me feel as if Gilardino wont be overwhilmed or overshadowed by the prescence of Milan and its player.

Secondly i would take Crespo just ahead of Chevanton. His record is simply superb...he has scored so many goals for most of the top teams in Italy....he has the best record i know in the Serie A. The only thing is that he is 29 and would cost a bit.....i think Parma and Lecce can be persuaded for a little bit of a cheaper price than Chelsea.

Thirdly Chevanton because he is class and is a superb footballer. Everything he does on the pitch is good and those 19 goals prove that......any of these 3 would be excellent as long as be get that all important 4th proven striker...Borrielo isnt ready yet IMO.

FORZA MILAN

walid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva,Costacurta
I like Gilardino but not to be the fourth striker(the third).

riva11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
if u bring gilardinho , chevanton or crespo .........they should accept the bench........thats the first thing...................if pippo gets well next season and we bring a new striker , then shall pippo be benched?? i really dont know what will happen..............................

where is luis fabiano???... i think that luis fabiano would be the best , i think we need a brazilan forward , coz brazillians are really good at dribbling , thats what we need now , gilardinho is good , be he is not good in dribbling and the same goes to chevanton .........................

and crespo is 29 ..........we should not take players above 28 , they wont be much use in the future............and plus crespo had a bad season , what if he screws up in milan also?? and he demands really high wages..........

well............whoever comes . i hope he just helps milan ......

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
GILARDINHO PLZ!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My favourite out of the bunch to choose from is Gilardino. I don't think he is a one-season wonder but belongs to the new generation of soon-to-be superstars. To step out of Adriano's shadow within half a season is impressive + I don't deny I've become a fan of him + would love to see him play for Milan. Unfortunately he is tied to Juve by more than just sympathy, so chances are slim it will happen before he is in need of a retirement deal in 10 or 12 years. Pity.

My 2nd choice would be Drogba. He has a goal instinct like few others + absolutely phenomenal positioning, control + surprising off-beat ideas of how to put the ball in under pressure + being man-marked. He is great, simply great + entertaining to watch too (OK, tonight he was pissed + unable to produce due to match circumstances).

3rd is what I call the lesser evil compared to Crespo... Chevanton. I still don't see how he can be that useful for Milan. I have doubts because Milan is not Lecce + he is a counterattack player + I don't know if he fits into our gameplan + can reproduce for us what he did for Lecce. Another fact that goes not in his favour IMO is his shortness. The plus of course is his age + long-term usefulness if he turns out to be worth keeping. I definitely wouldn't offer him a long-term contract immediately.

Then come the no-no's:

Corradi. 2 plain + simple reasons: 1) His age 2) His meagre goal tally year in year out. Really that simple.

Bazzani. Sorry guys, not every dude who outs himself as a Milanista is worth becoming a player at Milan. He certainly isn't. Small team material 4 life.

Crespo. Even giving him consideration is a joke if the objective is immediate + prospective squad improvement + an economically sound decision. Not only is he a player of an Inzaghi format (solid but not top5 in the world) + thus doesn't add an extra in quality... he is 29 + has been going downhill for a couple of seasons now, he won't come for a small fee + he makes 90.000/week at Chelsea which means even his generous offer to accept a salary reduction would still cost us dearly + what we'll get in return is a bencher + future retiree. Any player who comes for more than 5 million should at least be one thing: a long- or at least mid-term investment.

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Where is Luis Fabiano???

My Choice:

1st: Off Course Luis Fabiano is the best option as he is not that expensive. He would cost us around 7 Million Pounds.

2nd:Alberto Gilardino. He is young and I'm pretty sure he'll be one of the best striker. He plays lik eInzaghi but better.

3rd: Chevanton or Corradi. Both have 50-50 chance of moving to Milan.

Not my choice and I don't want them to be in Milan:

- Crespo. Although he is younger than Inzaghi but he is not better. Plus, too expensive stupid Chelsea.
- Bazzani, No....He is about the same age as Crespo but he is not better than Crespo.
- Drogba. How old is this guy? 28? He plays well for Marseille but I don't see him partnering with another striker like Sheva as Drogba is alone type of striker.

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
Where is FABIANO in the poll ???

...ups I knew I was forgeting someone... SORRY ...

also CASSANO,TOTTI,MUTU all have been linked I think those rumous are highly ridiculous...so I didn't include them on purpose ...because who wouldn't like totti in milan...?

:devil2: FORZA MILAN :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
I'd be happy with any of them with the exception of Bazzani or Corradi.

Bazzani just isn't Milan material and Corradi scores about as much as French people bathe.

Chevanton, Gilardino, Crespo any of them would be fine

Mutu would be my ideal choice

Kamara from Modena might be the best to go for. Cheap and probably more willing than any of the above to sit on the bench.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
acmilan1988 said:
1st: Off Course Luis Fabiano is the best option as he is not that expensive. He would cost us around 7 Million Pounds.

Where did you get that figure from ? His pricetag is 20 million EUR. Too much for a nutcase with a habit of collecting 5 or 6 red cards per season + someone who failed so miserably at Rennes in L1.

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
Our best choise would be either Chevanton or Gilardino as they both have shown they can perform well in such a tough leauge as the serie a.
Buying a player from another country and leauge is always a risk. They can't handle the preasure or score goals when they are marked my some of the best defenders in the world.

If Galliani/Braida are smart, they will go with either one of the strikers I mentioned above, both are pretty cheap, young and hungry for success.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Gilardino! Fast, tehnical, accurate, young, top scorer alongside Sheva in Italy. Nothing more to say!

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Let me do this the Passion for *9*'s way:

First choice: I would go for Hernan Crespo. IMO better than Inzaghi and more complete too. Will probably easily play Inzaghi and Tomasson out of first team and end up pairing with Shevchenko. He has loads of experience playing against defensive-minded teams, which happens 80% of the matches in the Serie A. He's played huge games in Italy and he can cope with the pressure. Headers are no problem for him, strong in the air and shoots goals from the ground just as easy. Isn't easy to break down and can hold up the ball for Sheva or Kaká.

Second choice: Second is Alberto Gilardino. However signing him would create a huge risk: Would he be able to go head to head with Inzaghi and Tomasson for the last spot in the attack? It would be such a shame if he landed on the bench. Our maximum strikers we line up per match is 2. A talent like Gilardino couldn't be a benchwarmer right? We'd have to offload Pippo or Tomasson. Or let him play one more season at Parma and then sign him, but other top clubs could've already signed him by the time that happened.

Third choice: Last but not least: Didier Drogba. Has bagged loads of goals and has no problem adapting to a higher level. Sore loser yesterday but that were probably just the emotions he had. Doesn't need much chances to score and can also create chances for himself. Don't see this transfer happening soon tho.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
K-J said:
Second choice: Second is Alberto Gilardino. However signing him would create a huge risk: Would he be able to go head to head with Inzaghi and Tomasson for the last spot in the attack? It would be such a shame if he landed on the bench. Our maximum strikers we line up per match is 2. A talent like Gilardino couldn't be a benchwarmer right? We'd have to offload Pippo or Tomasson. Or let him play one more season at Parma and then sign him, but other top clubs could've already signed him by the time that happened.

We could get him in co-ownership. That way he will play at Parma for a year or two, and then be completely bought by Milan. In the mean time any other team can not contact him for a contract.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
That's true. But his pricetag could raise through the roof if we bags another 20 next season.

Adriano for example.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
K-J when was the last time you've seen Crespo play ? He is so past it, I can't believe you hype him here, normally your line of argumentation is at least semi-logical but this time you're letting me down, eh ! ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
gilardino is my choice ;)

:devil2: Good choice !

The expertise of an honourable milanista of 30+ years can be trusted... if you can't trust mine :D

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
Acer1899 said:
Our best choise would be either Chevanton or Gilardino as they both have shown they can perform well in such a tough leauge as the serie a.
Buying a player from another country and leauge is always a risk. They can't handle the preasure or score goals when they are marked my some of the best defenders in the world.

If Galliani/Braida are smart, they will go with either one of the strikers I mentioned above, both are pretty cheap, young and hungry for success.

Is sheva not from another country?men buying a striker overseas doesn't mean anything ,van basten,weah have proved us right ,so why not a striker elsewhere i would have preferred drogba or fabiano in d team they are skil;ful and fast. :)

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Yeh i think i forgot to mention Fabiano.....he is my number 1 chioce......112 goals in 151 matches.....incredible - and we need sum extra dribbling power p front.......Adriano is an awesome dribbler and he is strong....the best forward in the world IMHO

Acer1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Entire Milan squad
pixiraver said:
Acer1899 said:

Is sheva not from another country?men buying a striker overseas doesn't mean anything ,van basten,weah have proved us right ,so why not a striker elsewhere i would have preferred drogba or fabiano in d team they are skil;ful and fast. :)

Those were extraordinary players. And you didnt understand me at all. I didn't say buying a player from abroad means the player will fail to produce, I said the risk of buying a high priced player from another country who turns into a flop is bigger.
If you would choose between a 7.5 million striker that plays and scores alot in the seria a, or a 20 million euro player from england, who would you choose?

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
The first choice would be Gilardino, he ain't too expensive, he's young and he scored 23 goals this term in Serie A for a mid-core team...He's brilliant!

All the other options are good, Bazzani, Crespo, Chevanton etc, but Gilardino would be the best.

I don't understand this heavy critism of Corradi, give me a break, he's a stunning footballer, he's pure class!

Crespo is brilliant, but his wages are way to high, so is his price-tag and he's like 29.. :rolleyes:

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Passion for *9* said:
unrossonero said:
gilardino is my choice ;)

:devil2: Good choice !

The expertise of an honourable milanista of 30+ years can be trusted... if you can't trust mine :D

:beer: :beer: :beer:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Passion for *9* said:
K-J when was the last time you've seen Crespo play ? He is so past it, I can't believe you hype him here, normally your line of argumentation is at least semi-logical but this time you're letting me down, eh ! ;)
I see Crespo in action every week and I agree: he's shit at the moment. But what do you expect? Even Adrian Mutu has been shit this season. Same goes for Duff (partly). The newcomers just don't get enough confidence to get back to their old top level that they had at their former team. They didn't get much time to adapt to the new play in the Premiership. Look how Wenger brings Reyes, he lets watch the game from the side letting him know how it works. And he gives him some minutes on the pitch.

Hernan went like this: Ok you're in, now you score. Otherwise you're out. He scored a magnificent goal against Arsenal that proved he can do it. After that it all started to go downwards. I guess the Premiership isn't the right league for him. He's a total striker who would fit perfectly in the Serie A, benefitting from every chance he gets. Signing him would be a top deal.

We could even play the 'Newcastle Utd-way' (not saying that it's amazingly good). Hernan Crespo heading the ball on for the fast Shevchenko. But this guy can also score lots of goals. He's got the experience in the Champions League and in the Serie A. We could get him for a cut price. I don't believe an established striker like Hernan Crespo loses all his qualities and credit thanks to one (huge) mistake by joining Chelski.

Does that sound more than semi-logical ;) :D

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
Acer1899 said:
pixiraver said:
Acer1899 said:

Those were extraordinary players. And you didnt understand me at all. I didn't say buying a player from abroad means the player will fail to produce, I said the risk of buying a high priced player from another country who turns into a flop is bigger.
If you would choose between a 7.5 million striker that plays and scores alot in the seria a, or a 20 million euro player from england, who would you choose?

Apparently i would prefer d player d cost less and scores in d serie a,i don't know why much clubs are fussing for that alan smith i can't buy that guy for free!!!! :devil2:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
K-J said:
I see Crespo in action every week and I agree: he's shit at the moment. But what do you expect? ... The newcomers just don't get enough confidence to get back to their old top level that they had at their former team. They didn't get much time to adapt to the new play in the Premiership. Look how Wenger brings Reyes, he lets watch the game from the side letting him know how it works..

First, you can't have watched him every week cos he didn't play that often ;) Second, you can't compare the slow + careful integration of a youngster like Reyes to the integration of an alleged world class player like Crespo. People who make money moves + noises + have a huge sense of entitlement + self-importance with a 10-year international career under their belt have to fuckin deliver. Plain + simple. He was well aware of the competition at Chelsea + apparently considered himself up to the challenge. A true world class player is adaptable + doesn't need to be babied + pampered through the season + the last thing he does is throw the towel without even bothering to prove his worth.

Btw, Crespo's descent has started long before he moved to Chelsea. I wonder why this fact is completely ignored here.

K-J said:
I guess the Premiership isn't the right league for him. He's a total striker who would fit perfectly in the Serie A, benefitting from every chance he gets.

The easy-to-score-in EPL isn't the right league for an allegedly total top striker ? Did you think before you wrote this down ? ;)

K-J said:
But this guy can also score lots of goals. I don't believe an established striker like Hernan Crespo loses all his qualities and credit thanks to one (huge) mistake by joining Chelski.

When was the last time he did in fact score lots of goals ? Do you remember ? I don't remember too well cos just that season I happened to be cut off from soccer coverage, anyway his last impressive tally dates back to 2000/01. It's been 13-6-10 from there.

K-J said:
We could get him for a cut price.

Says who ? Abramovich doesn't give away freebies (He doesn't offer 100 million for a player anymore either, have you noticed ?). He would cost us anywhere between 12 + 15, maybe even more, and he will not content himself with minimum wages either. All things considered, esp. his level of play for 3 years + his age, I'd go for him with a 1-year deal + an option if he were free + didn't cost us more than 1.5 million/year but that's not what Crespo has in mind :o

K-J said:
Does that sound more than semi-logical

Not really.