Andriy Shevchenko Thread

Are you for or against Sheva's return?

• Total voters

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
I think the real question here is is there anyone on the market who can replace Sheva and who will cost us less money so we have some left over to go for someone else.Name me that striker,that is basiclly a guaranty for about 20 goals a season in the Serie A which is more less what he has delivered for us over the years.Gilardino has scored a lot of goals for Parma but a transition to a bigger club where he will not be an automatic choice, if Crespo can keep his form and Pippo rediscover his, might be cold shower for him.It's not easy to move to Milan and have a huge first season.I really don't think that we can get someone who can replace Sheva and that's the reason why I don't want to see him go.

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
galliani already said it milion's of times that sheva is not for sale. not even for 100 milion euros so don't believe that he will make any kind of move in the near future. he was proposed as the next Milan captain by gallianin and the milan board. he can leave Milan perhaps for a season ending at dinamo kiev after 2008/09 or who know's maybe he'll finish his career at Milan. And i don't think though that someone else could replace him. Passion even if he would win everything possible and do unpposible thing's (for many he did it already) i'm sure that you would find the space required to judge and critisize him.

FORZA SHEVA

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
would you shevchenko fanatics be opposed if shev's sale meant us getting ronaldinho?

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
when will they learn!?!?!

he is not for sale!!

http://www.capital.it/capital/news.jsp?idContent=1141975 (in italian) and plenty of other places...

but apparently the daily mirror is reporting on an 85 mil euro offer from chelsea... so every few months a reporter gets a story that their club wants sheva and the bite and write something! if they spent 5 min looking at every article written about milan they would know how often this rumor is killed!!!

its just annoying!

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Passion for *9* said:
What a load of crap.

YEAH....Crap a??? Who will score than....tomasson, one leg PIPO!!!
he barely walks my man...
btw...u know shit...
If we sell sheva we have to make a new team...Theare is not constant scorer
like Sheva!! Remeber the game against Lazio...We were loseing 1:0 ...sheva was injured and came in the 2nd half and score an eurogoal and we won the game....
Also against Inter...he was haveing FACE FRACTURE u idiot...and he scored with his HEADDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pipo is ur choice a???:))))))))))))0 BULL SHITT he can retire right now...he cant play a game after a small injury!!!!

So STOPPP TALKINGG BULLL SHITTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!
Passion for 9 my ass...leave the 9 to GILA !!!! and go HOME :)

Let the MIGHTY 7 do his work!!!
FORZA SHEVA

Last edited:

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Demerio said:
YEAH....Crap a??? Who will score than....tomasson, one leg PIPO!!!
he barely walks my man...
btw...u know shit...
If we sell sheva we have to make a new team...Theare is not constant scorer
like Sheva!! Remeber the game against Lazio...We were loseing 1:0 ...sheva was injured and came in the 2nd half and score an eurogoal and we won the game....
Also against Inter...he was haveing FACE FRACTURE u idiot...and he scored with his HEADDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pipo is ur choice a???:))))))))))))0 BULL SHITT he can retire right now...he cant play a game after a small injury!!!!

So STOPPP TALKINGG BULLL SHITTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!
Passion for 9 my ass...leave the 9 to GILA !!!! and go HOME :)

Let the MIGHTY 7 do his work!!!
FORZA SHEVA

A lil harsh don't u think? Did you really need all those expletives to make ur point?

:dance:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
SempreRossoNero said:
but apparently the daily mirror is reporting on an 85 mil euro offer from chelsea... so every few months a reporter gets a story that their club wants sheva and the bite and write something! if they spent 5 min looking at every article written about milan they would know how often this rumor is killed!!!

its just annoying!
Exactly! Especially the english reporters are the most annoying. Always selling rumours. Fck them!

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Congo Powers said:
would you shevchenko fanatics be opposed if shev's sale meant us getting ronaldinho?

Inresting... But then who would score for us.... I guess, if I am the decision maker, in my humble opinion, I would keep SHEVA for strategic reasons ..

1. UNITY... Sheva really likes MILAN and it shows from his desperation to do good whenever he puts on the MILAN shirt

2. We do have a lot of midfielders, of course, none close to the quality of RONALDINHO but still we have a set of midfielder. And they are set up as a team with every one doing their own bit. Now injection of RONALDINHO would make every thing to be rearranged.

3. RONALDINHO loses ball a lot. MILAN is not used to it, even though SEEDORF is trying to coach us in this category of playing, but still we are not quite there yet. So, RONALDINHO's injection to the team would cause extra pressure on our old defense.

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
True, unfortunately..... :rolleyes: But we're not having personal relationships with any of the players. They're not our buddies, let alone more. They don't give a fuck about u or me. How the eff can you *adore* s.o. you don't know at all, you never talked to etc blabla ? :conf: Don't tell me you're all having a crush :D

We pick out something which we like to adore a person - looks, talent etc.
Doesn't mean we want to have a relationship with him or more.
Rest assured i'm no sheva fan.

But after all these commotions, haven't anyone spotted the crucial point?
We are too dependent on sheva for goals.
There's bound to be a day when sheva's out, coz of injury, lose of form, or age.
One thing is for sure: sheva can't continue to do his magic forever.
Who do we have left - one injury prone, one out of form, one in his 30s+on loan unconfirmed.

It is not the sale of sheva that we should be concerned.
The finding of new & young attackers should be the priority.

We don't want to face the same problems as we have now with our defenders, do we?

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
poppy said:
Who do we have left - one injury prone, one out of form, one in his 30s+on loan unconfirmed.

We don't want to face the same problems as we have now with our defenders, do we?

That's a good point.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
poppy said:
We pick out something which we like to adore a person - looks, talent etc.
Doesn't mean we want to have a relationship with him or more.
Rest assured i'm no sheva fan.
I know what u meant but 'adore' is not the word I would choose in this context, either 'crush' or 'fan mindset', depending...

poppy said:
But after all these commotions, haven't anyone spotted the crucial point?
We are too dependent on sheva for goals.
There's bound to be a day when sheva's out, coz of injury, lose of form, or age.

Yea, sometimes you gotta make unpopular decisions for the good of the club + leave emotions out of it + this would be one of those cases...

Last edited:

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
we don't have to sell anybody.Sheva has to stay in milan and Gila to come

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Demerio said:
YEAH....Crap a??? Who will score than....tomasson, one leg PIPO!!! he barely walks my man... btw...u know shit...
Thanks dude. I know what I know + never have I claimed to know it all.... Apparently if we took Abramovich's 85 million we would then have the resources necessary to sign Gila (+ a whole bunch of others !!! + depending on biz smarts we could even see to those nagging lil debt probs) without having to beg B. day in day out to kindly sell some more stock + open the wallet ...

Demerio said:
If we sell sheva we have to make a new team...Theare is not constant scorer like Sheva!!
I'm sick + tired of this bull. You all come across as just being into Milan cos of Sheva + I bet you are :o So listen boywithacrush, of course we would find an adequate replacement for Sheva + I think Gila would be one. BTW, Sheva is not a consistent scorer + had 2 off seasons too but that was a lil before he got the Ballon d'Or so you might not remember.... :o

Demerio said:
Remeber the game against Lazio...We were loseing 1:0 ...sheva was injured and came in the 2nd half and score an eurogoal and we won the game....
Go fuck yourself. It's his JOB to score, he gets paid MILLIONS for it, he gets a lot of accolades + YEA, I do expect s.o. with this rep + contract to fuckin give 110% every fuckin time he enters the pitch. He had enough time to heal from that injury, IDIOT, it was not like they took him from the operation table straight back to the pitch.

Demerio said:
Oh man, IGNORANT IDIOTS like you will never get it. It's about the CLUB + what's best for it, also financially. Pippo deserves his chance on a comeback + I wish him well but I'm the last who would demand holding on to him if he never becomes his former goalscoring self + we don't need to argue that he might be running out of time to get there. All I care is about making Milan #1, not just in your delusional mind but FOR REAL !!! :o

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You know Passion, I kinda get sick of your posts lately. When a say "loyality" - you find it funny. When people say, "Sheva is the only attacking player we have that can score constantly" - you loud them. I said before, you don't sell Michael Jordan, and Sheva is our Michael Jordan of this team, you like it or not. Because no money in the world can create a team worthy of immediate success. And we demand this success, year after year. Look at Inter. Look at Real. There is also a positive sides, like Chelsea - but situation like this this require a combination - team and manager.
Players shouldn't feel that at any moment they can be sold. Not at Milan at least. Stop bullshit us with business decisions...This is not a lesson in free economy.
Juve needed overhaul, they were too dependant on Zidan. They found suckers, Real, who willingly submitted a fat check for a player who was unable to play consistantly in Seria A. But with Shevchenko is not a case. HE ACTUALLY WAS OUR MOST CONSISTANT PLAYER FOR LAST TWO YEARS. Milan had a various experience with "superstars" who came and never delivered. Why to sell man who can do it for sure and bring instead whoever and bite thy ass?

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Congo Powers said:
Ronaldinho is a great player, but can he play in Seria A? ???????
And Sheva can.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Gatorbasu said:
Inresting... But then who would score for us.... I guess, if I am the decision maker, in my humble opinion, I would keep SHEVA for strategic reasons ..

1. UNITY... Sheva really likes MILAN and it shows from his desperation to do good whenever he puts on the MILAN shirt

2. We do have a lot of midfielders, of course, none close to the quality of RONALDINHO but still we have a set of midfielder. And they are set up as a team with every one doing their own bit. Now injection of RONALDINHO would make every thing to be rearranged.

3. RONALDINHO loses ball a lot. MILAN is not used to it, even though SEEDORF is trying to coach us in this category of playing, but still we are not quite there yet. So, RONALDINHO's injection to the team would cause extra pressure on our old defense.

those are all really good points...although i don't really think goals would be that much of a problem. chances would come if we had kaka and ronaldinho in the middle,,all we would need is a decent finisher. with 85 million galliani could sign ronaldinho and gilardino.

i, for one, really like shevchenko. he's our talisman, there is none better in his position currently. but he is 28, and in 2 years will not be the player he currently is. all i'm saying is i think it's foolish to not even consider this deal if it could indeed be worth the amount of money that's being quoted.

if shevchenko left it would be a sad day...but if ronaldinho came to town to replace him...

Oma_B

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA,BLOKHIN,Rui, Maldini, Okocha, Ronny D, Hagi, Cryuff, MVB, Belanov n Yashin
Congo Powers said:
I would die because sheva is one of the greatest strikers 2 ever grace the planet. How can u replace him with Ronaldinho who isn't even in the same position. It makes no sense what so ever, n would not benefit milan 2 have another midfielder, yes he can score but no he is not as clinical as Sheva.

Btw milan are never going 2 sell Sheva as his contract runs till 2009 meaning he will be way past 30, probably he will be offered a board position. :eek:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Oma_B said:
Btw milan are never going 2 sell Sheva as his contract runs till 2009 meaning he will be way past 30, probably he will be offered a board position. :eek:

That is a good business decision... Guess what, we got LEONARDO looking for BARZILIAN talents... Same would be true with SHEVA picking up the UKRAINIAN/RUSSIAN market....

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Sheva....You are the fear of Milano !!!

I LOVE YOU SHEVA, FORZA SHEVA....
you have proven that u are the best striker in the world !!!

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I have nothing against sheva & nothing against sheva fanatics.
But the whole lot of you are just looking at the present,
Which is fine at the moment (i hope),
Coz sheva is still good.

We can just hold on to the past, savour it.
We can look at the present and be satisfied.
Can we say the same thing for the future?

"Tomorrow, you're only a day away"(lyrics borrowed from some song).
The future isn't all that far away, we have to be prepared.
Or face the consequences of milan going down the drain.

WAKE UP, GUYS!!!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
poppy said:
Coz sheva is still good.

WAKE UP, GUYS!!!

And do you know what will happen in the future to be so sure that selling Sheva is the greatest thing?
Why would Milan go down the drain?

It was a good deal, no way I'm going to deny that, specially for a soon to be 29 year old, but there's also other things to take in count when this kinds of things happen, the security factor(we know Sheva, and we know what he can give for Milan; we know Ronaldinho-as an example of someone we could have buy-, but we don't really know what he can give for Milan); we can also sell him, and then have to pay some consecuences(let's say that thanks to a goal he scores against us we are out of CL). If we have to let go Sheva it must be a case in which Sheva is no longer needed around, a case in which we have a great replacement for him secure(right now we don't have, and no one can tell me that with that money Barcelona would be willing to sell Ronaldinho-specially if he is so important in football+publicity; Gilardino is not around here either-yet).
We can take risks, every single transfer is a risk, but there are different kinds of risks, IMO selling Sheva was a high risk deal. We can go on and sell other really useless players or some other players that aren't an important part of Milan's game.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
poppy said:
Coz sheva is still good.

WAKE UP, GUYS!!!

u know shit!!!!!!!!!
How can all of you saying thing like that !!! After all he done for us!!!

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
crazy4milan said:
...IMO selling Sheva was a high risk deal. We can go on and sell other really useless players or some other players that aren't an important part of Milan's game.
But the point here is that we'd get a lot more money for Sheva than for any one of our happy-benchwarmers, no ? If Sheva goes Milan might lose a few T-shirt sales (mostly in the 13-20 female market) but, with a better replacement, win the CL. That's also money in the bank.

Before you jump on me, no, I'm not advocating selling Sheva. At least not now. But it might be prudent in the future, when his age catches up with him, to sell him for profit bf. he becomes a liability. Sort of like Juve did with Zidane & Inter (unknowingly ;) ) did with Ronaldo. Even then we wouldn't get as much money for him as now, when he's the reigning king of Europe, but by then it won't be such a high-risk deal.

In a few yrs. Gila may fulfill his promise & become one of the top strikers in Europe...or maybe he'll remain a 2-hit wonder & smn else will take his place. Either way, it's STUPID not to consider that our Golden Boy will have to be replaced eventually. But then permanence is the illusion of every age... :o

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Do you bite your nails, suffer from anxiety or near heart attacks whenever sheva's banned, injured or out for whatever reasons?
Yes? And do you know why?
Coz we're in a CRISIS!!!

With sheva getting on in years, we face the same problems in our attacking powers, as we do our defending.
We have no one to step into their roles with the same quality to deliver results.
If this isn't a crisis, i don't know what is.

With the two new scrooges, b&g, not wanting to dig into their own coin purse to buy new players, we are doomed to more or less the same players we had last season.

How many more good years do sheva, or for that matter, the rest of the squad have?
One or two? We are running out of time.

The road to cl cup and scudetto isn't getting any easier or smoother with time.
Stop kidding yourselves that we are still the much feared milan of yesteryears.
That kind of thinking will only bring milan down.

BTW, when or where did i state that i am for or against the sales of sheva.
Do read through the context carefully before shooting your mouth.

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
i think... if they really wana sell sheva, i have no objections IF and i say IF they can find someone, get someone as good as him, which i think is not really easy.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
poppy said:
Do you bite your nails, suffer from anxiety or near heart attacks whenever sheva's banned, injured or out for whatever reasons?
Yes? And do you know why?
Coz we're in a CRISIS!!!

Nop, I don't bit my nails, nor do I suffer of anxiety(or near heart attacks) whenever Sheva can't play, I have high confidence on the rest of the team, and so should everybody else, unless you are a Sheva fan only no one should suffer that...that one made me laugh, good exageration.

poppy said:
With sheva getting on in years, we face the same problems in our attacking powers, as we do our defending.
We have no one to step into their roles with the same quality to deliver results.
If this isn't a crisis, i don't know what is.

It's not a crisis, it's lack of renovation, which doesn't mean crisis, but should be taken care of. Sheva will get old indeed, but we can't sell him already since we don't have on our hands a good replacement(nor do we know if that replacement will do his job well).

poppy said:
With the two new scrooges, b&g, not wanting to dig into their own coin purse to buy new players, we are doomed to more or less the same players we had last season.

I know what you mean, but just to clear out things for others, having more or less the same team of last season isn't too bad since a process is needed, and renovation has to be done in a slow way(not too much changes in once).
Indeed is bad that b&g aren't digging their pockets.

poppy said:
The road to cl cup and scudetto isn't getting any easier or smoother with time.
Stop kidding yourselves that we are still the much feared milan of yesteryears.
That kind of thinking will only bring milan down.

That road to cl cup and scudetto have never gotten easier...each year is the same crap....yeah Juventus, ManU, Inter, R Madrid, Chelsea, Barcelona, etc, etc, are getting better teams,and there are "small" teams out there that can do some harm, we know it, it's the same talk every year...on other teams forums we are in that list.
And yes we are still the "much feared Milan" cause Milan will always be Milan, no matter if we go trophyless people still see us as one of the best teams around the world, even when we are in the worst conditions, Milan is still feared...well maybe not feared but respected(no team this time around should be feared).