what do you think about Ancelotti as a coach?

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
After a very bad perfomance Milan has shown in the last games there is a question - what has happened with team.

But as I think there weren't problems in the last couple games with players but with coach!
Please tell me what - what kind of Milan's perfomance have we all seen last season. The same is today. Why Sheva don"t score as mach as last seasons? Even when we have Terim Sheva scored and scored. Anchelotti came and brought all to the end
Why Milan is something better than in last season? - because we have SEEDORF.

Milan has a very good team, the real stars but Milan's need only one more thing - good and strong coach. that's all.
It's a pity that Galliani haven't understood yet! We have lost too much time.
what do you think about Ancelotti as a coach? :conf:

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
carletto is one of the family. period.
we'll see at the end of the season what milan is worth.
as per last season, ancelotti managed to get us through in cl, notwithstanding the disastrous start due to that idiot terim and his lack of ideas.
:devil2:

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Berlusconi told that Ancelotti often losing concentration, like he did with Juve in his two seasons with them.... so he send tasotti as ancelotti partner in case anceloti losing his concentration again.. but who knows what happened out there.. anceloti is a good coach but he must improve himself to be a champions coach

fbvanBasten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It is true that Ancelotti have never win a trophy yet as a coach, but he is a good coach. He guide Parma and Juve to second place in Serie A.
His destiny is to win the trophy with Milan, the club he loves so much and also loves him.

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hi to all!
I try to make analyses for each games Milan played.
And I began to realize that other coaches have revealed the way Milan plays and have understood how to play against Milan.

If we look to the way in which Milan began to attack we will see that -when Milan's players receive the ball the all team stops and in this moment opponent players quickly come back to their side of the pitch and close the free zones making great attention to the Milan's strikers. Than the all Milan's team began creeping very slowly with a lot of passes to the other side. And when they come closer to the opponents gate they stop again and began to understand that there isn't any free partners to whom they can pass the ball. So the best that they can do in this situation is to make a cross or to pass back to the defenders.
And it is a very good if there is Serginho on the pitch who can due to his technique and dribbling break through his wing and bring some deep and space for Milan's attack. But if Serginho isn't in his best or tired or injured or even don't play in the game Milan is not able to create space and break through tight opposition. It is all because Milan's players run too long with a ball and decide what to do very slowly. Especially it concerns to Rui and Pirlo they run with a ball too much and too long. As I think Milan have to learn playing more faster with only one touch.

So Reggina is next. Let's see what Milan can do with another defending and closed team. :conf: :head:

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ancellotti is a long time part of the Milan family but if I had my choice, I'd take Mancini from Lazio as the coach. Now that is a man who'se gonna become a great coach very soon. I'd love to see what he could do with such a team of talents like Milan :devil2:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Carletto sometimes over reacts with the rotation!! He makes changes that are not needed at all ... Yet again it's not fair that the president interferres in his work!! I didn't like that from him at all ...
Also at times he does few crazy things like playing with almost 4 strikers against Lazio!! Our second half against them was very good but I don't know what happens to our team in the first halfs of the matches :conf:
If they can play that good then why don't they simply do it from the beginning instead of giving the opponents a chance to score?!
Before the match we start hoping for the 3 points but after they score, instead of thinking about 3 points we keep on wishing for 1 only!! That's not the way we should be if we wanna compete for the lead :(

I hope we win and Sheva scores today En Sha Allah!!
FORZA MILAN!!

swedishmilanista

Primavera
Reaction score
IMO we should get a really good coach for Milan. Ancelloti is like family since he has been with Milan for ever but I agree with ads what we need for this team is a great manager like Mancini. maybe he can make these overpaid big names perform to the reputation they are having.

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
so now the latest rumor is that berlusconi is really dissatisfied with ancelotti and allegedly has contacted mr. mancini.

hell, it might not even be a rumor but merely wishful thinking of some disillusioned fans... but since it is more unlikely than likely that milan will be able to reverse the negative trend against borussia + juve and it is common practice to axe the coach rather than some of the overpaid has-beens + underperformers i wouldn't be surprised if ancelotti indeed got the boot by the end of next week. and although i'd prefer to see certain players banned from the pitch and the bench, i can't deny that i'm slowly but steadily losing confidence in ancelotti, too.

his most apparent mistakes so far have been 1) exaggerated rotation at a point when it seemed unnecessary because it prevented a team from perfecting their interactions on the pitch and automating playing schemes and 2) clinging to playmaking solutions + tactics which i think are outdated and which albeit once successful have proven to be transparent and easy to be neutralized by the opponents, particularly in midfield (real taught us a free lesson in modern football).

he doesn't appear to be the best psychologist either, as the lack of team spirit + determination + stress-resistance and the overabundance of inflated egos shows.

maybe it's time for a complete overhaul...

however, for this overhaul to become a success, the current club philosophy would have to be discarded, too, and i don't think this will ever happen. instead we will have the displeasure to see another 30 y.o. moneygrubbing "star" with a career on the decline arrive in milan this summer...

d i l e m m a . . . :(

ps:
to the admins/moderators - could this thread possibly be moved to "discussions"? it looks somewhat out of place here...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
so now the latest rumor is that berlusconi is really dissatisfied with ancelotti and allegedly has contacted mr. mancini.
:devilcon: Hmmm... may I ask where you heard/read that one?? I just keep reading that Mr. Mancini will replace Mr. Cúper.

I think everybody heard the VDB rumour. The man does know a thing or two about coaching *big names*. During the Chievo match, the commentator noted that some big clubs were interested in Mr. Del Neri - but didn't mention whom...

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
yeah galiani was a bit pissed by ancelotti because he didn't let nesta start up in the match agaist madrid(which i consider a right choice but galiani is pissed anyway),so now both are not satisfied with carlo.

i hope he leaves.he was a nice player in milan but that doesn't mean he is a good coach...besides,his tactics really pisses me off just because 1-0 is always enough for this guy i mean come on we've got stars of plenty and what the hell have you done with them?

terim is good.at least he barely have the lame matches end with 0-0.

even he loses he ends it with something like 2-3 or 3-4...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'm currently watching Domenica Sportiva and they brought an interesting point which, when you think about it, makes sense. I'm not exactly fluent in Italian but in a nutshell, this is the way I *understood* it: They don't attack from the right or the left anymore. They're crowding the middle and attacking from there, which is easier for the opponents to defend against. Seedorf, for example, had a winger role, but not anymore... They're not spreading the field enough, like Juve are with Di Vaio, Camoranesi and Nedved, as those *analysts* used for example.

They discussed all of that in front of Zambro, of all people... Hope Carletto watched the show...

They also discussed the stikers but spoke too fast... I need lessons... :rolleyes:

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
>>> m4m:

re: mancini - read it somewhere online.... either on it.sport.calcio.milan or some italian message board, can't remember, read too much... mancini declined to comment... the board reaffirmed their support for ancelotti while they're very likely very busy negotiating with his successor (which is common procedure) and if ancelotti + the team don't deliver vs. borussia + juve i wouldn't be surprised to see drastic changes very soon.

midfield, yup, that's the prob, everybody and their dog stumble around in the middle of midfield wasting time and allowing the defense to position themselves perfectly... that's put drastically, of course... we know, they know, but are they capable of applying the necessary changes?

so :cool: you understand spoken italian, it's all greek to me, my reading comprehension has improved tremendously but i have biiiig trouble following a conversation or strike up a conversation (hopeless at this point). :(

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Cant blame our performances only on the coach. He may have gone for tactical risks that haven't worked, played benchwarmers in important pride-fulfilling games like Real and opted for a particularly uneffective lone striker formation (which was good when Sheva was injured, but now he is back, we need both him and Pippo).. But he is a good coach who has proved his worth with late last years form, so we shouldnt doubt him unless he does somthing particularly stupid (Like leave young Ibrahim Ba out of the starting lineup for the Milan Under 12's :D )

Otherwise, keep faith in Carlo, and our Team, Folks :cool:

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I too have been hearing rumors about Mancini going to Inter as well as to Milan and I'm not too sure what to believe anymore. As much as it is true that the coach shouldn't be blamed for the medicore performances by the team, in the case of Milan, Ancellotti has a world of talent available to him and he doesn't seem to do anything with it. Whatever fans may say about individual players, we do have some of the best players in the world but since January we've been playing like a relegation team.

It would be best if Ancellotti is gracefully kicked upstairs into management and Mancini is hired as the coach. Mancini knows how to get the maximum out of his players and his team always seems to overachieve.

As for the question of we being stuck in the middle, we have had many postings about it in the forums and I always believed that we need a good wingback who will take one or two defenders away from the middle so that Rui/Rivaldo/Pirlo can have more room to operate. The way we play now, the opposing team stacks up the middle and we just run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Instead of Luis Figo or Beckham, we should focus on a wingback as well as getting some younger talent. IMO we should sell Rui and give the job to Pirlo and let him make mistakes and grow into the job. And perhaps we should also sell Rivaldo to somebody (I'm sure there's somebody out there who'll pay him a lot of money)

The only thing that puzzles me is Sheva. How can a player who scores 26 goals go down to scoring like 4 goals in the span of 2 years? If he was at the end of his career I can understand that but he's in the prime of his ife and he's playing like an old man. :devil2:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
ads216 said:
It would be best if Ancellotti is gracefully kicked upstairs into management and Mancini is hired as the coach. Mancini knows how to get the maximum out of his players and his team always seems to overachieve.

Isn't that the truth. I think mancio also has the luxury of knowing many of these players from rifts on the pitch. For example, Chiesa and Mancio teamed up together for Sampdoria.....plus, Mancio is just removed from the pitch as a player....what? 1.5 years ago, maybe 2?? So he is young enough to relate in that instance, and its quite obvious, that after 500 Serie A performances, and (I THINK) over 200 Serie A goals......the man knows what he is doing.

But......I must say.......I am really starting to enjoy this Roman fued we have with DonFabio and Mancio!!!!!! We didn't need it to be lit again, but Mancio and DonFabio have added new fire to the Roma-Lazio hatred!!!! It is fun to watch.....especially how DonFabio and Mancio hate eachother. (This of course probably started way back in the early 90s when DonFabio coached Milan and Mancio was one of the star strikers for that Sampdoria team that won the Scudetto and lost a Euro cup finale to Barcelona). :)

zorro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Milan can beat evey team in the world, but can also lose or play 0-0 against teams like Reggina etc. The idea of buying young players and good wing-backs seems great (still can't figure out why Contra left), but all MILAN needs is probably lots of teamwork. Rivaldo, Rui, Sheva, Pippo, Nesta, CAPTAIN,... are all players who can and know how to play football - they just need to find a way to play together. As for Carlo, former Parma player (Mario Stanic) once said that Carlo is a coach who gives everything in training, and is probably one of the best tacticians in Italy so I belieuve that he IS the right man for MILAN, but so is don Fabio, and so are few other experts... We shall see, but he ought to have our full support... As for Sheva - he WILL be back, STRONGER THAN EVER!!!

AC MILAN 3:0 juventus

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
zorro said:
Milan can beat evey team in the world, but can also lose or play 0-0 against teams like Reggina etc. The idea of buying young players and good wing-backs seems great (still can't figure out why Contra left), but all MILAN needs is probably lots of teamwork. Rivaldo, Rui, Sheva, Pippo, Nesta, CAPTAIN,... are all players who can and know how to play football - they just need to find a way to play together. As for Carlo, former Parma player (Mario Stanic) once said that Carlo is a coach who gives everything in training, and is probably one of the best tacticians in Italy so I belieuve that he IS the right man for MILAN, but so is don Fabio, and so are few other experts... We shall see, but he ought to have our full support... As for Sheva - he WILL be back, STRONGER THAN EVER!!!

AC MILAN 3:0 juventus

Totally agree... teamwork is all we need... the stars hanging in milan seems to be played for themself... not for the whole team... each want to be the hero... not like the beginning of the season.. they play together and enjoyed it..

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It looks like pathetic Moratti has the inside track on Mancini and we might see him on the Inter sidelines. What I'm hearing in Rome is that Mancini can't wait to get out of the eternal city due to the financial problems the team is having and players been traded or refusing to play without salaries. Apparently Moratti wants to focus on two people for the off season, they being Mancini and Ronaldinho.

If Carlito is gonna be fired, then here are my top three picks as the next coach.

1). Mancini
2). Matthias Sammer - The man speaks perfect Italian and he has a ton of experience in playing in Italy
3). Ronald Koeman - If we bring him over here, he might be able to persuade some of the youngsters to come with him!

Oh well, all this is wishful thinking and my feeling is if Carlito manages to win at least the Coppa Italia, we'll see him next year as well.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
carlo is gonna stay right there until the end of the season.
in 17 years this management has changed coach only when all possible targets were no more achievable with 2 exceptions:
- capello for liedholm in '85/'86 (but liddas hadn't been a berlusconi's choice)
- ancelotti for terim last season (thank god :o ).
otherwise, tabarez in '96/'97 resigned as team had been sent out of cl (and was substituted by sacchi) and in '00/'01 maldini substituted zaccheroni but the team had been sent out of cl and no way it could win the league or the cup.
as you can see this club has no shameful history with coaches such as inter's, for one :devil:

muhannadrh

Beginner
Reaction score
when we win every one say that he is the best, and the rotation base is the new innovation of soccer. But when we draw or lose he turned to be a loser and bad coach :conf: i think that milan's coaches deserve more consistency like other clubs'. it's non-sense to see 4 coaches in less than 2 years ( zacc, maldini,fatih,carlo) so i think carlo good and need consistency

Stiff_vs_Mr_Oerk

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
muhannadrh said:
when we win every one say that he is the best, and the rotation base is the new innovation of soccer. But when we draw or lose he turned to be a loser and bad coach :conf: i think that milan's coaches deserve more consistency like other clubs'. it's non-sense to see 4 coaches in less than 2 years ( zacc, maldini,fatih,carlo) so i think carlo good and need consistency

Totally agree! ;)

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
like i said about 1 year ago...
If we get to the Champions league qualifyers, Ancelotti has all my trust

and we DID get through the qualifyers, and so fa we made it to the last 8...

id say he has my trust ;)