The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 26-09-2020, 09:16   #101
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Behave.

Schweini's problem as a young piglet was being a bit of a hot-head in his decision making. Not gaping technical flaws.
Bastian was not a DM until played with Germany NT under Joachim Loew. As you questioned, yes there was a player who learned to defend from scratch after 20.

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 09:35   #102
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
Bastian was not a DM until played with Germany NT under Joachim Loew. As you questioned, yes there was a player who learned to defend from scratch after 20.
Bastian was not a dm for Germany under Low. Khedira was.

I don't remember Germany ever playing a 2 man midfield with him and Kroos and if they did it must have been a short lived experiment.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
sex without connection means nothing to me, waste of time
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 09:54   #103
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Gullit?
Blanc
Piszczek

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 19:45   #104
Milan2012
Senior Team Member

Good game from Tonali, but it feels a little redundant starting him with Kessie. Midfield feels square, very defensive.
Bennacer offers that pace and energy to link up the front and back. Makes our play fluid.
My point is, Tonali is good but for me starting mid should still be Bennacer and Kessie. That is if we want to play high intensity football.
Milan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 20:16   #105
Stitches
AC Milan Legend

compilation with packing count, grazie
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 21:24   #106
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Some top notch passing.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 21:48   #107
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

Decent game today. He will grow more and he looks more comfortable.

By the way, extending the conversation from the stats and evaluating Tonali’a talent. They are just nitpicking stats to support their argument, a quick search can find plenty of statistical analysis that also highlights his ability. Last season for example, everyone loves to claim all his assists were dead balls. But at one point late in the season(couldn’t find his full season rate) he was third in the entire league for expected assist rate, basically meaning he set up plenty of chances in general and Brescia was an awful team that squandered them. He also did have a pretty low pass success rate, yet Brescia was second in Serie A at speed of play rate, they play a high risk game built on quick transitions and contentious passes. Tonali was meant to force the ball forward. His long passes per game and progressive passes per game were both solid if not very good.

He also is a better dribbler/press resister than his haters will care to admit. He wins some of the most fouls in the league, and his passing completion percentage is essentially the same under pressure, which is a pretty awesome statistic for someone his age. His running stats and ground covered was also very high in the entire league despite Brescia ranking toward the bottom in kilometers per game. In fact the more you dive into it, you notice Brescia in general was terrible, Tonali was asked to do a lot.

For the record, tonali has a lot of work to do. He is far from a finished player, and I think actually Milan can help him in that. He is behind an established CM pivot and can grow without super high expectations. If you want to claim he is no anchor, I would agree, not at this point in his career. But who cares, we don’t play that position. What he has shown is he has the raw ability, he is a willing runner, he started/engaged a lot of pressures last season, and he is a productive player moving the ball into the final third. He is a good prospect, someone Maldini and them(who have shown good eye for talent) are certainly far more qualified than you armchair eeyores that love to shit on everything about this club. Let the kid play and grow.
Balo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 23:03   #108
Jivara
Forza Milan

I'd like for him to attack more, and think of himself as a classic CM a la Gerrard or Lampard. He needs to asdd some dynamism to his game and shoot from outside. If he tries to play the easy short passes that will not help him evolve because hes not a close control nimble type of player (Bennacer is). He has the physique of a player with a lot of stamina and he should play like a no.8 box to box Vidal type.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 08:24   #109
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Bastian was not a dm for Germany under Low. Khedira was.

I don't remember Germany ever playing a 2 man midfield with him and Kroos and if they did it must have been a short lived experiment.
You clearly don't watch die Nationalmannschaft.

Germany's best time used 4231 with Bastian and Khedira as the two DMs. Schweini's role is like deep-lying playmaker who was the last person opponent faced before the CBs. He started that role pretty late but was a huge success for him and DE NT with Worl Cup thropy.

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 09:26   #110
Stitches
AC Milan Legend

packing count + compliation for my boi, grazie
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 10:40   #111
Casualista
Monsieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
You clearly don't watch die Nationalmannschaft.

Germany's best time used 4231 with Bastian and Khedira as the two DMs. Schweini's role is like deep-lying playmaker who was the last person opponent faced before the CBs. He started that role pretty late but was a huge success for him and DE NT with Worl Cup thropy.
If you're talking 2014 then it was a 4-3-3 with schweini Khedira Kroos. Kroos is the deep lying play maker. The defensive mind of this trio was always khedira.

Bastian has never been the guy to protect the cbs for any successful team. For bayern it was Martinez.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
sex without connection means nothing to me, waste of time
Casualista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 11:17   #112
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Aquilani. Current AC - Ibra, Tonali, Romagnoli,Tătă

Played well yesterday. Solid performance. Would like to see him further up the field more as we saw that delicious through ball to Calabria down the right flank.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 14:07   #113
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default Official: Sandro Tonali Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
It was a facts only post.
Stats and a gif.

But that's okay, I've come to expect imbecilic replies from you.

I did not have high expectations of Tonali.
I've been against signing him since 2018.

However I have high expectations from the midfield backups.
Pioli demanded 4 starting material midfielders for the 2 spots.
I was looking forward to finally having quality midfield backups.
It didn't need to be a hyped name that can bench Kessie or Benna. I wouldn't have minded a cheap veteran signing like Kucka.

What we got is an expensive DM that can't defend.
But maybe this will be the season when he learns.

It was facts only post you say, and then posted a gif of tonali getting turned inside out to prove a point.

Anyways he had a fine game against crotone despite being below average in defending. At least now we know he can start agains below midtable teams.
As for his defending I am sure he will improve when he gets used to the system
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote