The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
Excited to have the Hauge kid join us. Look forward to seeing him play and grow as a player. This has all the signs of being a shrewd buy with so much upturn!

Am I being greedy if I still want us to get Chiesa, Bakayoko and Fofana, in addition to other possible reinforcements (while getting rid of the so-called fodders)?

Whatever happened to that young Ukrainian LB (Mykolenko) we were supposedly linked with?

RE: Other discussions.

As the saying goes, success has many fathers. While some teams in Serie A (and perhaps counting other leagues as well) may have overtaken Milan with more success in recent years, they (mostly) haven't reached the same levels of achievement as Milan prior or built up a rich history that the club has.

I'm pretty certain that the owners and management understand the micro (club) and macro (Serie A) critical success factors and constraints for the club in terms of brand value, marketing and finance, and to achieve its short and long term objectives. All indications show that the club is gradually moving in the right direction while working to address some of these concerns both individually as a club and also collectively with other teams.

My understanding is that the footballing objective this season is getting back to the CL and playing attractive football. I consider both highly achievable from what I can already see both on and off the pitch.

Last edited:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Conti
Calabria
Musacchio
Duarte
Laxalt
Krunic
Castillejo

Remaining fodder at Milan..

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I'm very excited about the Hauge transfer. It was easy to see his talent last week. He stood out in San Siro like only few players at his age do.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everyone needs to seriously calm down and bring their expectations in check. He's 20, playing in new environment and a much better league. This is not Kaka. He will probably struggle at first especially as we need him while Rebic is out, so he can't be eased in gradually. He's going to make mistakes and we won't be seeing what we've seen in the highlights. The Milan game was just one game and we shouldn't expect him to dominate, not at this stage. He was sold for 5m for a reason, even though his contract expires in Dec 2021. If he was a sure thing then he would have gone for a lot higher.

He has potential but don't expect anything right away.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everyone needs to seriously calm down and bring their expectations in check. He's 20, playing in new environment and a much better league. This is not Kaka. He will probably struggle at first especially as we need him while Rebic is out, so he can't be eased in gradually. He's going to make mistakes and we won't be seeing what we've seen in the highlights. The Milan game was just one game and we shouldn't expect him to dominate, not at this stage. He was sold for 5m for a reason, even though his contract expires in Dec 2021. If he was a sure thing then he would have gone for a lot higher.

He got 30 mins to prove himself.

After that, sell..

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Nah, he'll score 10+ and assist 10+

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
I expect ballon dor performances right away from hauge

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score

Plus he won't understand when he is given instructions in Italian.

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard

Didn't think the forum's expectations needed to be tamed. We can be BOTH excited and at the same time optimistically realistic. Then again, this is the same place where people were calling for Tonali's head after 8 minutes as a sub. :head:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Belgian guys, and I guess I mean joyrider primarly because the other guy can't count to 11, would Kana fit the bill of player being able to slot in at DM for Kessie while also being capable of playing CB?

Is he good enough to play right away in Serie A and what is his pricetag?

My dear Wiener Schnitzel, Kana played more than 11 games for Anderlecht so it got too confusing for me to answer you.

Not even close. Kid's got potential but is nowhere near ready to even leave the Belgian league, let alone move to Milan and contribute meaningfully. Compared to Saelemaekers he's probably more talented but much more raw as well.
I always liked him more as a CB than a DM actually, but Kompany clearly sees potential in him at his current DM role, so who am I to disagree?
Price tag is difficult to say, Anderlecht needs money but last week Kana extended his contract to 2025 (only a few months after extending it to 2023) so they clearly intend to hold on to him for now

Yeah but Company's credibility as a coach cannot be taken too seriously at this moment

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Really fast deal,no BS.Thing about quality players is that they wait for moment like these. I bet talk between Maldini,Gazidis and Massara was ,"wow that kid is really special",we need to start to work immediately after ref whistle.
Ideal profile for this Milan.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Ask Massara, what is his response to Fofana's transfer? :lol:

:lol:

There were less than 30 hours between Massara saying this and the deal being confirmed.

?Bodo fielded several interesting players, including Hauge, but there?s nothing right now in terms of negotiations. It?s premature to talk about this and we frankly have other priorities in different areas.?

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Plus he won't understand when he is given instructions in Italian.

In an interview with Belgian outlet Dhnet (via MilanNews.it), Saelemaekers spoke about his debut with the team, revealing that he didn?t fully understand his position when Pioli decided to bring him on with 13 minutes to ago.

?A historic moment, initially I was a bit tense. Especially when the manager gave me all the instructions in Italian, which I didn?t understand well. To be honest, I didn?t even know my position.

?Then when I saw who was going out (Calabria, editor?s note), I understood that I would play as an attacking full-back, as Verona were down to ten men,? he stated.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
In an interview with Belgian outlet Dhnet (via MilanNews.it), Saelemaekers spoke about his debut with the team, revealing that he didn?t fully understand his position when Pioli decided to bring him on with 13 minutes to ago.

?A historic moment, initially I was a bit tense. Especially when the manager gave me all the instructions in Italian, which I didn?t understand well. To be honest, I didn?t even know my position.

?Then when I saw who was going out (Calabria, editor?s note), I understood that I would play as an attacking full-back, as Verona were down to ten men,? he stated.
Is there no one in the technical area who speaks a bit of English?

Maldini should arrange for English lessons for the entire coaching team.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
#Hauge arrives at airport for Milan flight - "I look forward to playing with Zlatan"

https://t.co/zXA9DX2sPC

9326098650721b045f7dcb56ee1e8bb7.jpg

2466c60e7c8425400acd3ff899cfe1a3.jpg

Yeewewsssasss!!

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Gazzetta: After Hauge, Milan is working on signing Chiesa but they need to sell Paqueta+reach EL group stages for the extra budget. Fiorentina would be open to a loan+obligation to buy deal for around €40M+bonus. Milan intend to make a Tonali-like deal

Sure but why not sell Paq and use EL money for Fofana and Baka/alt CM if that's the rest of our budget?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Qaas crying in bed at the thought of Hauge doing his medicals and then officially signing a contract

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule