Is Allegri the man for the job?

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Dru, I think you should first learn how to kick a ball properly with the inside of your foot. Then you can start offering tactical insite

strawman theories and tactical retardation do not equal good posts. I am too tired to respond to each one of your claims so i'll just do it in general..... It's crap. The teams actually more consistent than they were last year. More points per fixture. All the holes are one year older. The signings made, though nice really didn't address any of the major issues, and for the record ibra, i love him has never been clinical. Oh and as much as it pains me to say it, Nesta had his worst performance since deportivo (2004) v. Man Utd last year when Rooney made him look like an amatuer.

Why do you think that? Consistent in points only you said??
Cos on the field, this team is having hard times igual que last year.. and last year they all were learning to play in a 4-3-3..

The diference is that will take the 4-0 from Inter.. some fechas later now.

Dalilah

Primavera
Reaction score
So far Milan's tactical errors:

"Tactical" is too narrow a description here but yes, these are errors, and definitely Allegri's errors in tactics, game plan, and preparations.

These are purely tactical:
- come up when we are 1-0, or 2-0 down (in 2/3 losses this season Milan scored once vs Juve, but was not enough)
- when we are 1-0, or 2-0 up, finishing the game earlier and by placing 2nd-level players, save the result
In the situations like that, coaches are making substitutions accordingly what their tactics are. Alllegri is flopping that on a regular basis.

-break a 10-man defence (in Italy, if u cannot do it, u will have a big problem getting Scudetto)
Those 10 man are never the same so the coach is expected to have a strategy/game plan accordingly whom he's playing with.

- linking and finishing (players even now seem not to understand each other, esp in the offence...too many offsides and wrong crosses)
- like Mou said "attack in 6, defend in 10"...we are sometimes defending in 3, and attacking in 2...wtf???
Just a question: why do they have their training sessions? What for?

:star: and anchio12's subscription still can be added to the errors' list :)

Last edited:

Dalilah

Primavera
Reaction score
Ooooops, guilty. Only now read the news. Of course, they need their training sessions to punch each other!

Reaction score
I dont fond too much for allegri, coz doesnt hv the guts to benched pirlo and gattuso even when they play bad.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
After a couple of big game failures at the hands of Real Madrid and Juventus, the inevitable questions crop up, Is Allegri the man for the job? Is he handling all the big ego's sufficiently? Are his tactics up to par? Is he able to turn a match? Has he got the personality and backbone? Does he instill confidence in the group? Has he been given the players or tools he requires? Or is slightly out his depth at Milan with Cagliari being more his level? I will reserve judgement until Christmas however if we do not qualify from our champions league group I will be calling for his head

Allegri is hardly to blame for the defeat against Juventus. The opening 20 minutes displayed how he got his tactics spot on. A wasteful Milan and a clinical Juventus outlined there is a fine line between victory and defeat.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
I dont fond too much for allegri, coz doesnt hv the guts to benched pirlo and gattuso even when they play bad.

BS, Pirlo n Gattuso is the most consistent player milan have this season so why Al should bench them ?
You guys not moaning when pato n nesta play bad by that logic.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Why do you think that? Consistent in points only you said??
Cos on the field, this team is having hard times igual que last year.. and last year they all were learning to play in a 4-3-3..

The diference is that will take the 4-0 from Inter.. some fechas later now.

every time a team change coaches it will always takes time to figure things out, not to mention the additional two strikers that enters late that pretty much changed all of the plan worked since the pre-season.

We won't really know if the team will be better than last season until at least the first half of the season. At least this season the Serie A looked much more interesting and no team seems to be dominant (yet)

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
every time a team change coaches it will always takes time to figure things out, not to mention the additional two strikers that enters late that pretty much changed all of the plan worked since the pre-season.

We won't really know if the team will be better than last season until at least the first half of the season. At least this season the Serie A looked much more interesting and no team seems to be dominant (yet)

He is getting there.
The wall in front of defense line is already there.
Next step would be a trequartista that dont get tired with 20 minutes of game.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi
He still needs to imprive a lot. we only won thanks to a penalty today. and leonardo beat juve 3-0 both times. but he is doing slightly better than before

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He is getting there.

This is not his control though. He can't magically make seedorf younger

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
yeah i can see allegri taking us to the promised land.........he haas the qualities for that i really hope he'll do it as it's been a very long time since we were there

Reaction score
He still needs to imprive a lot. we only won thanks to a penalty today. and leonardo beat juve 3-0 both times. but he is doing slightly better than before

Sorry but thats bullshit. Milan played amazing in 20 minute3s and could have scored 3-4 goals. The team felt that they was in control and decided to just secure the game. Incredible good job by Allegri. The tactic was perfect!

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
He is getting there.

Cant blame him for the Trequartista, hes done the best possible that he can/could with the squad presented to him including the new signings. Hes getting the best out of them.

One should realize that in 12 matches played in Serie A so far we have 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. Total of 26points. Compared to last season, we had 6 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses in 12 matches. We had a total of 22 points then and had only played Inter, Roma and Napoli who were more or less the top teams. This season we have played about 7 games already against top quality side and to be 4 points better than last season and in first place is a fantastic achievement for now.

Of course after out next 2 matches (Fiorentina and Sampdoria) we will have it much easier when we play the lesser teams so i hope Allegri maintains the good work hes doing and the team doesn't complacent.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi
Sorry but thats bullshit. Milan played amazing in 20 minute3s and could have scored 3-4 goals. The team felt that they was in control and decided to just secure the game. Incredible good job by Allegri. The tactic was perfect!

but they didnt. and the last 15 minutes were spent repelling inter attacks

that tactic didnt work against madrid. it worked today but it wont work all the time in the future.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Of course, they got +1 more player.
The main point is our defensive plan is spot on.
Inter can't get ino our penalty box.

And don't tell me his madrid tactic not works, he's lock CR n oezil, same stuff he doing against eto'o n sneijder last night.

Last edited:

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Notice i never said hes doing a terrible job. I just said he has areas to improve on. With the squad we have wins and consistency are a must

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
We are top of the table, beat Inter, ended their home streak, extend our winning streak, f~ the haters. Forza Allegri! Forza Milan! :proud:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Well I still don't like him :o

Never have I seem my Milan play vs printer of all people like SUCH underdogs.....I dunno about you guys but seeing my boys run up to the corner flag vs Real and Inter of all ppl is kinda humiliating. Yes yes the results I know..We got the penalty then locked up shop.....Perhaps the excuse for when Abate got sent off?. Allegri's getting the job done. Top of the table, beat printer and all. But I can't remember the last time my team showed such little attacking ambition...even the commentators were remarking about us having no attacking intent. Yeah I was proud of our defense but this is a WEAKENED Inter and we had 10 men behind the ball for long spells....to ME (the forum's official idiotic n00b) we're playing like a SMALL team. That's how teams that wanted to beat US played US up to last season.

Yes the haters will flock in to shit on me with pics, and their empty rhetoric but really are you proud of what Milan has become? Led by a cunt like iHomo? Seeing your players intentionally dribble down to the corner flag to waste time? (Weren't we complaining about that up to last year?) Really don't give a fuck who disagrees it's my humble (possibly idiotic) opinion

Last edited:

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Notice i never said hes doing a terrible job. I just said he has areas to improve on. With the squad we have wins and consistency are a must
A must? We have decent fullbacks (Abate is getting better true), a 34 year-old trequartista and constantly injured Pato. Also, our midfield is 30+ (most of it) and Allegri should take some credit for enabling them to perform the way they do.

And,you can`t blame the coach if the team misses clear scoring chances, as once the player is in such a position,it`s upto him not the coach. He should be praised for getting players in such positions as that`s his job.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Yes the haters will flock in to shit on me with pics, and their empty rhetoric but really are you proud of what Milan has become? Led by a cunt like iHomo? Seeing your players intentionally dribble down to the corner flag to waste time? (Weren't we complaining about that up to last year?) Really don't give a fuck who disagrees it's my humble (possibly idiotic) opinion

It`s never good to see the team waste time by getting to the corner flag and keeping the ball, but it`s far better than stealing time by pretending to be injured or what not. Time wasting is something every team does (we have done it before too), it`s just that it`s not always so obvious. How many times did we spend most of the last 10 minutes passing the ball between our back line and the midfield, just to kill the game and take the points? It`s the same thing, just a little less obvious.

Also, no matter how much of a cunt Ibrahimovic is, he should rise in everyone`s eyes after the Materazzi KO:devilfuc:

FaraJ

;}
Reaction score
I actually like him more when the team does that :D Haven't really seen this type of 'game play' from milan in a long time, all the 'samba midfield' (as Sven like to call it :tongue:), winning games while not playing 'beautiful' football, etc.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Well I still don't like him :o

Never have I seem my Milan play vs printer of all people like SUCH underdogs.....I dunno about you guys but seeing my boys run up to the corner flag vs Real and Inter of all ppl is kinda humiliating. Yes yes the results I know..We got the penalty then locked up shop.....Perhaps the excuse for when Abate got sent off?. Allegri's getting the job done. Top of the table, beat printer and all. But I can't remember the last time my team showed such little attacking ambition...even the commentators were remarking about us having no attacking intent. Yeah I was proud of our defense but this is a WEAKENED Inter and we had 10 men behind the ball for long spells....to ME (the forum's official idiotic n00b) we're playing like a SMALL team. That's how teams that wanted to beat US played US up to last season.

Ahem.

And running to the corner-flag is not a new strategy in the stellar history of Milan, when wasting time. Damn, can't even be sure whether you are trolling or not, with such a ridiculous post.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Did Carlo ever send his entire team down to the corner flag? Did Carlo ever keep the opposition box completely empty? lolz brain smarter!

Lolz

1 - 0, 10 players.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Seriously Dru, if you want to troll, please do a better job at it... I'm waiting for the moment to troll back but your recent posts are very meh trying to play the martyr and "ohh- I'm such a fan" card.

Schedule