who dou you think should be the next captain of milan?

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
Abate or Silva

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
Silva, best defender in the world, he deserves to take over as captain

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
Our next captain will be when Ambro, Rino, Seedorf, Nesta, and Abiatti all leave or retire.....

But yeah, my vote goes to Thiago Silva or Abate :thumbsup:

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
I think Abate is to hot headed, captains need a level, calm head in the face of adversity

Silva

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Baresi or Maldini

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Abate hot headed?
tumblr_lk3903rR8f1qg4qimo1_500.jpg

Do you want this man to make you

x350.jpg

Abate is no way hot headed. not calm either but his passion and will burns for milan. The dude runs all day, never gives up and is playing awesome. He is definately Captain material, something he truly deserves especially, since he is underrated by the rest of the world.

Abate can be our Ambro/Gattuso
Silva can be our Clarence

We are all set.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Abate will never be our captain

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
As far back as I can remember, Milan has always given the band to the player who has been with Milan the longest. So interestingly, after the Senatori and Bonera quit, that would be Pato.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As far back as I can remember, Milan has always given the band to the player who has been with Milan the longest. So interestingly, after the Senatori and Bonera quit, that would be Pato.

THat policy is going to change because of two abnormal entities called Baresi and Maldini

25 years they carried and retired the shirts :eek: Shit

Not going to happen something like that

Berlu wanted to give it to gattuso but it would have been unfair to ambro. I think we will give it to Silva or an italian who is worth it, not abate he will have to improve a lot as a player to be the first choice RB in case management will splash at that place.

Milans dressing room is controlled by oldies , so those godfathers are the natural captain in the team.
Silva is the right choice

That said I am very much impressed by seedorf the captain

Last edited:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Silva and Abate were both integrated into the squad in the same season, with Silva coming in like Pato (6 months before)

They are worthy to don the captaincy, however Abate shouldnt be snubbed just cos of the possibility that Mgt would get a new RB.

Pato is like van Persie. Coulda been captain, but we gotta see if he can be there more often than not, and that can only happen once the injuries start to leave him

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
THat policy is going to change because of two abnormal entities called Baresi and Maldini

25 years they carried and retired the shirts :eek: Shit

Not going to happen something like that

Berlu wanted to give it to gattuso but it would have been unfair to ambro. I think we will give it to Silva or an italian who is worth it, not abate he will have to improve a lot as a player to be the first choice RB in case management will splash at that place.

Milans dressing room is controlled by oldies , so those godfathers are the natural captain in the team.
Silva is the right choice

That said I am very much impressed by seedorf the captain

Silva and Pato both are ambitious players. I doubt whether they would stay in Milan for a long time.

Dont see any reason for the policy to change, especially since we are rather vocal about it.

So, in case Pato is still around when the Senatori and Bonera are gone, he will be the captain.

Silva and Abate were both integrated into the squad in the same season, with Silva coming in like Pato (6 months before)

They are worthy to don the captaincy, however Abate shouldnt be snubbed just cos of the possibility that Mgt would get a new RB.

Pato is like van Persie. Coulda been captain, but we gotta see if he can be there more often than not, and that can only happen once the injuries start to leave him

We signed Pato in the summer after winning the 07 CL. Due to the age rule, he could play only in January 2008 though. Silva was signed in winter 08. So Pato came 1.5 years before Silva..

Abate? The guy was brought back only in Leonardo's season.. He has displayed nothing so far which merits captaincy. He is like the little guy in the team. Lets see what he does in the next 2-3 years to even consider him for captaincy.

Edit - Silva and Abate would be behind even Flamini in the seniority order.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah i know, but i was referring to their situations

Abate not meriting captaincy??? Apart from the Senatore's who else does merit it for milan?

Silva is obviously, he came in and was a bright spot in what was the Leo Experiment. Gotta credit Leo for putting Abate RB though... that was a long term win.

Who else merits captaincy, yeah we got Van Bommel and Ibra. But VB is over 30 and Ibra is months to turning 30 too. Its between Pato, Silva and Abate. But i wouldnt mind seeing Prince lead us for the odd games 3-4 years from now.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Flamini :proud:

treble for first time :beer:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Abate not meriting captaincy??? Apart from the Senatore's who else does merit it for milan?

He's a kid! A captain needs his team to respect him - whether it be for his talent or for his effort. That's broadly the two types of captains. Abate, to me, hasn't shown the kind of effort/passion Gattuso or Ambrosini shows on the field. Nor is he talented enough to inspire..

This is all as things stand. It is possible that he might turn out to be an Ambro-like figure over the next few years. I doubt it though.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
He's a kid! A captain needs his team to respect him - whether it be for his talent or for his effort. That's broadly the two types of captains. Abate, to me, hasn't shown the kind of effort/passion Gattuso or Ambrosini shows on the field. Nor is he talented enough to inspire..

This is all as things stand. It is possible that he might turn out to be an Ambro-like figure over the next few years. I doubt it though.

he is hitting 25 and you can see the maturity in him when he didnt jeer Leonardo along with the fans and Gattuso (who was entitled too, based on his treatment)

Not talented enough :fp: He happened to be converted from shitty winger to a very decent right back. He also stopped Ronaldo, Eto'o and Bale *for the short period he was on*. I think Abate has proved himself defensively, all he has to do is more efficient attacking work and we've got our RB for the next 7 seasons.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he is hitting 25 and you can see the maturity in him when he didnt jeer Leonardo along with the fans and Gattuso (who was entitled too, based on his treatment)

Not talented enough :fp: He happened to be converted from shitty winger to a very decent right back. He also stopped Ronaldo, Eto'o and Bale *for the short period he was on*. I think Abate has proved himself defensively, all he has to do is more efficient attacking work and we've got our RB for the next 7 seasons.

I dont think you comprehended my post. A successful captain is one who is either -

1. Inspirational through effort and passion - Such as Gattuso or Ambrosini or Roy Keane. Sweat and blood.
2. Inspirational through prodigious skill, that other teammates aspire to emulate - Such as Kaka (who I think could have been an Excellent captain for us had he stayed), Totti, Del Piero and so on.

Abate doesn't fall into either bucket, AS OF NOW. He is not really prodigiously skilled, he's a good RB, but not inspirationally fantastic.

He could fall into category 1 over the years, and then we can consider him.

Moot discussion anyway, as seniority matters in Milan. Alexandre Pato, it shall be.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Abate is a shoe in for option 1.

As if Abate doesnt put in effort, i cant imagine him standing still. Passion? Overflows with it.

Pato can be captain, his injury problems are his main obstacle though. But without dispute, we both know that Silva can be captain

Dravidian

Primavera
Reaction score
It is unlikely that all our senatores will be shown the door in one go. Abbiati, for one, doesn't seem to be close to retirement and is most likely to take over if Ambro, Gatt & Dorf leave at the same time.

While Silva has shown that he wants to take over captaincy, he can't yet lead the defence. Once he can do well even when Sandro doesn't play, he can be considered for captaincy.

Most of the Non-Senatores are too inexperienced to be captain of a team which aspires to win the CL. None of them have even played in a CL quarterfinal yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nest should be the captain ! and Silva vice captain.. How can u say Abate is captain ?!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Abate is highly overrated tbh here, I know its like me loving flamini but flamini was 10x better than abate was at his age but then spiralled down.
Kaka would have been an excellent excellent captain becuase he had respect and love for all the oldies and the man had a milan heart. even sheva would have been a decent captain
Seedorf has refined himself and is a good captain material but his credentials as a player is in doubt.
gattuso flamini will kill die for milan and has seen a lot with milan, ambrosini has seen a lot
Nesta is :thumbsup: captain simply graceful I want thiago to follow that lead.

Pato has to stamp his authority on the squad before claiming the band, others in attack are just kids or mercs to milan captain except antonio :proud: :star:
I hope aqua becomes atleast a vice captai nafter two years :p

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Most of the Non-Senatores are too inexperienced to be captain of a team which aspires to win the CL. None of them have even played in a CL quarterfinal yet.

acmilan.flamini.gattuso.jpg

:lol:

Dravidian

Primavera
Reaction score

Forgot he is still around. :lol: Though by the time he starts playing regularly, he might become a Senatore. Is Zlatan a Senatore already?

Seriously though, the jury is still out on him and while Flamini has played important matches, he is as yet a misfit here.

And he declined to play wingback. Milan captain should be willing to be at the service of the team in whatever capacity :o

Cassano for captain :proud: NT captain, Milan captain :cool:

Dravidian

Primavera
Reaction score
Abate is highly overrated tbh here, I know its like me loving flamini but flamini was 10x better than abate was at his age but then spiralled down.
Kaka would have been an excellent excellent captain becuase he had respect and love for all the oldies and the man had a milan heart. even sheva would have been a decent captain
Seedorf has refined himself and is a good captain material but his credentials as a player is in doubt.
gattuso flamini will kill die for milan and has seen a lot with milan, ambrosini has seen a lot
Nesta is :thumbsup: captain simply graceful I want thiago to follow that lead.

Pato has to stamp his authority on the squad before claiming the band, others in attack are just kids or mercs to milan captain except antonio :proud: :star:
I hope aqua becomes atleast a vice captai nafter two years :p

Appears so. Nothing wrong with it though as we all have our baises. You've got the Flamini love and ..... hate. Not naming him :D

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
why are we even having this discussion when pato is banging the president's daughter :b:

gucciluc

Nesta
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Maldini, Ronaldo Fenomeno, Thiago Silva, Zidane, Pirlo, S. Cazorla
Nesta should be the captain.. Not only hes team, but also he's opponents respect him as he's the worlds best defender! Pitty he promised lazio he wont wear the captainband anywhere else.. it was always my dream to see him wear the captains band for milan! Mio Idolo! After nesta i think Thiago Silva fits the best.. he's got all the characteristics! A great defender too! thiago should wear it!