European Coefficients Watch feat. Dr Galliani & co dominating the corridors of power

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Speaking of top 4 clubs from top 4 leagues goes to CL group stage.

That could be decisive against superliga thing. UEFA

Ceferin for president ;)
So brilliantly got it upside down.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Only one appropriate reaction to this

laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Told you:o

You can beat Calcio on the pitch, but you can never beat Calcio off the pitch.

Oooh. tfatness getting helicoptered in the face with :g:

Is he a true hater tho? That post is mostly trolling. I'd think he's intelligent enough to know Il Dottore's influence.

Off pitch calcio didn't do this. And galliani definitely didn't have much to do with this. From the reports I read it's mostly Barcelona, Madrid, and spain pushing for this because spain went collective rights and that dried up their cash flow a bit. The threat of a break away super league only works if it's those two are talking about it.

What's Milan gonna say ? We won't play in UCL? . /Insertbadassgifhere

What Italy has done well is ride on Spain's and Germany's (surprise surprise) coat tails but their presence or absence was probably irrelevant to these changes happening.

Other notes: historical record is interesting but I assume it will only help if the team gets into ucl by qualifying. So all you are getting is a pot change. Supposedly that will lead to better teams later on and less group of deaths. Not a guarantee of entry. So Milan are still in trouble.

Serie A will find it hard to maintain their 4th spot in coeffs . Coefficients are averaged out after all. And extra garbage in the pile is only going to make things harder. They can maintain it though unless France and Portugal (or Russia ) get some billionaire owners rather than one big money team. The rest of the leagues are behind. What's definitely gonna happen is the front three (Germans , English and Spain) are going to break away from serie A.

I believe some people here really care about calshio. Good for u I guess. The others who wanted fourth spot so Milan's chances went up for playing in ucl, things havent changed much. The difference between us and fourth spot is still very large. We still have to get over inter and fiorentina (and sassuolo lol) .
______

Having said that.
Italy have hit a temporary jackpot. They can take advantage of it if Milan's new owners weren't/aren't bogus and inter had some semblance of a plan. More of Fiorentina, Napoli and Roma is definitely gonna backfire hard on Italy.

All our problems could have been solved if galliani carried through on his threat and moved Milan to another league when italy went collective. Oh well.

Last edited:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
so is 4 spots confirmed?

so league will probably be meaningful 3 or 4 more weeks this season for us.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Someone explain this part to me:

A new system for the club coefficients: clubs will be judged on their own records (deletion of the country share for individual club coefficient unless that coefficient is lower than 20% of the association's coefficient).

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Off pitch calcio didn't do this. And galliani definitely didn't have much to do with this. From the reports I read it's mostly Barcelona, Madrid, and spain pushing for this because spain went collective rights and that dried up their cash flow a bit. The threat of a break away super league only works if it's those two are talking about it.

What Italy has done well is ride on Spain's and Germany's (surprise surprise) coat tails but their presence or absence was probably irrelevant to these changes happening.

Other notes: historical record is interesting but I assume it will only help if the team gets into ucl by qualifying. So all you are getting is a pot change. Supposedly that will lead to better teams later on and less group of deaths. Not a guarantee of entry. So Milan are still in trouble.

Serie A will find it hard to maintain their 4th spot in coeffs . Coefficients are averaged out after all. And extra garbage in the pile is only going to make things harder. They can maintain it though unless France and Portugal (or Russia ) get some billionaire owners rather than one big money team. The rest of the leagues are behind. What's definitely gonna happen is the front three (Germans , English and Spain) are going to break away from serie A.

I believe some people here really care about calshio. Good for u I guess. The others who wanted fourth spot so Milan's chances went up for playing in ucl, things havent changed much. The difference between us and fourth spot is still very large. We still have to get over inter and fiorentina (and sassuolo lol) .
______

Having said that.
Italy have hit a temporary jackpot. They can take advantage of it if Milan's new owners weren't/aren't bogus and inter had some semblance of a plan. More of Fiorentina, Napoli and Roma is definitely gonna backfire hard on Italy.

All our problems could have been solved if galliani carried through on his threat and moved Milan to another league when italy went collective. Oh well.

"almost everything in this post is wrong"

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
so is 4 spots confirmed?

so league will probably be meaningful 3 or 4 more weeks this season for us.

It's for 2018. Next season UCL spots were already confirmed before this season.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, atm club get league points but 2018 changes it to history points.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...ml#evolution+uefa+club+competitions+from+2018

Italy and France (Germany in the past) enjoyed large cuts of the pie because of TV deals. Now England was about to clean the house with a new deal (remember this from way back ... what's the current situation), but seems Gallianiboyz got their hands on thsoe pockets as well. Rightly too. (don't think they'll get more than English ... just a cut)

They mentioned that the history part will be calculated based on three parts:

a) 1953-1993
b) 1993-2008
c) 2008-2018

Each of those periods will have a different weight for the points. Obviously, the most recent period will have a heavier weight than the ones before it.

Like Tfat said, this history part is only beneficial for us in giving us a pot change. But increasing it to 4 spots is hugely beneficial to Milan and Italy as a whole.

Even if Germany, England and Spain breakaway from Italy in the future, it really is absolutely irrelevant. The rules changed and now it's just important to stay in the top 4 countries in Europe and I really, really, really struggle to see how any team can push Italy to the 5th spot.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wtf I was thinking of typing exactly that while reading the post.

Really too much hustle to point out everything. Where is the original? Tried quixkly, but couldn't find it.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
"almost everything in this post is wrong"

Which part is wrong ? I'll make it easy for u.

- Serie A 's and especially Milan's low individual bargaining power in this deal?
- 4th Italian team will find it hard to survive in ucl and there is a probability of lower coeffs for italy in the future? Assuming no changes to country coefficient calculation.
- Milan's predicament is still the same ?
- historical weightage only helps if u get in ?
- top 3 breaking away if point 2 holds?

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ok. But no changes announced in league coeff calculations ?

So it's still getting averaged out?

Can't find that being announced. So I guess averaged out, yeah. But history points come in or not? idk.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Can't find that being announced. So I guess averaged out, yeah. But history points come in or not? idk.

I don't know the details either. But club and country coeff is separated for clubs. So not sure what aspects will be removed from country coeffs. I assumed country coeffs average entirely on results basis. On results basis I can definitely see it go down.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

______

Having said that.

:lol::lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I got that. Does the league coefficients get affected by the historical coeff boost of clubs or are we still looking at 5 year averages?

Also, is the league winner still getting first pick in group stages ?

I'm not sure if the "history points" will affect the league coeff(my guess would be yes) but nothing suggests that the 5 year averages will go away.

They've barely tested this new seeding system. I don't think they've decided yet.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
MIxVjx7.jpg

How many history points?

I don't know how pot change rules are taking place but if the league winner is going into pot 1 then Milan would be going in second pot (maybe lower depending on historical weightage) which is where we have been for a long time. Juventus are winning without a doubt. In that case, the historical aspect isn't helping us much in the champions league as opposed to where we were a couple of years back - Pot 2 drawing barca and Madrid.

Impressive galliani negotiationé.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Are those the same reports that told you this?

Those format changes are focused on ensuring that the Barca's and the Munichs play each other more often and teams like united and Chelsea get their due. No one is sitting in uefa hq thinking about how to get Florentine into champions league :lol:
I am reading the number of teams in the final competition won' be changed (32). Which it shouldn't , since these euros have been an absolute borefest.
So they will take away spots from some existing league? I would like to see how they manage that. At best, I see another qualifier rounds to enter ucl which may include more teams and subsequently teams from bigger leagues. If that's the case, then I'm all up for it. :thumbsup:
Fodder A can't put 3 teams in, I doubt they will manage 4 even if they were given a spot.
It will only help la liga, bundesliga, and EPL.

The 4th placed league got two extra CL spots.......because Real Barca?

They did all this for Bilbao/Sociedad to avoid CL playoffs?:proud:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the "history points" will affect the league coeff(my guess would be yes) but nothing suggests that the 5 year averages will go away.

Then I can definitely see Italy losing grounds in coeff. Big difference having 1 guaranteed mediocre team in ucl and another going through qualifier (losing) vs 3 guranteed mediocre.

Italy got a handout they don't deserve.

Portugal can take it away if they do well in Europa. But it's a longshot since they aren't up to the level when Braga, Lisbon and Porto were all reaching late stages of Europa. Inshallah that will be.

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Are those the same reports that told you this?

No. I read gab marcotti just a few days back. Two months ago I was hypothesizing. I didn't know Spain and Germany were pushing for this along with a reluctant premier league. Admittedly I underestimated UEFA's ability to bend over backwards further than a yoga instructor.

The 4th placed league got two extra CL spots.......because Real Barca?

They did all this for Bilbao/Sociedad to avoid CL playoffs?

Lel no.
They did if because bigger clubs (historically or otherwise) in later stages or group stages means more viewership and sales for them. A game against Milan still gives them more money than a game against Lisbon or whatever.

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I love how an Italian team literally just got knocked out by a Portuguese team, but will now be guaranteed a group stage place next year, while the Portuguese team still has to go through qualification rounds :lol:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
No. I read gab marcotti just a few days back.

Lel no.
They did if because bigger clubs (historically or otherwise) in later stages or group stages means more viewership and sales for them. A game against Milan still gives them more money than a game against Lisbon or whatever.
Italia brings the big bucks, liberal fairtards can't handle it :cool:

Schedule