Week 8: SSC Napoli - AC Milan 22/11/2020 20:45 CET

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paqueta's role in that shit first half has already been adressed, however I'm not sure what we have now is an upgrade to the post-lockdown Conti.
Remember, Conti was a starter during the whole great big game run, and lots of other great post-lockdown performances.
Roma, Lazio and Juve. Clean sheets in 2 of them.

Hopefully Calabria keeps up the good form.

Calabria has been doing very well, and I hope he keeps it up. I don't think I remember Conti as being that good during our post lockdown run. Maybe it's because I hate him with a passion, but I remember we were winning in spite of him not because of anything he did well. I wouldn't have been so adamant at the start of the season that RB was our biggest priority if Conti was playing so well. Again, I can't really remember so I might be wrong.

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Le probabili formazioni

Milan:

Donnarumma
Calabria
Romagnoli
Kjaer
Theo
Kessie
Saele
Calhanoglu
Rebic
Ibrahimovic

Napoli:

Meret
Di Lorenzo
Manolas
Koulibaly
Rui
Ruiz
Demme
Elmas
Lozano
Mertens
Insigne

Nipples backline and front is scary :eek:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tough match, but I think the squad will step up and get a big win.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

Calls, video chats and a drone to check training sessions live: how Stefano Pioli is coaching Milan despite Covid.

The Italian tactician tested positive for Covid this week alongside his assistant coach Giacomo Murelli. Therefore, former Milan defender Daniele Bonera, who is one of Pioli's team members, will be in charge against Napoli at the San Paolo on Sunday.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Pioli is still able to follow Milan’s training sessions thanks to a drone that flies above Milanello showing live actions on Pioli's screen at home.

Before the training, Pioli makes videocalls with the team, with his assistants and with the team’s doctor Stefano Mazzoni to have updates about injured players.

As of today, only Rafael Leao is out of action.

Once it's finished, Pioli also analyses the training session with his staff and sometimes he has individual phone calls with players.

That's not the first time a coach in Italy can't be in charge of a game of his team because of Covid.

Italy coach Roberto Mancini was also prevented from coaching the Azzurri in their last three games against Estonia, Poland and Bosnia with his assistant Alberico Evani who led Italy to three wins from three

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Le probabili formazioni

Milan:

Donnarumma
Calabria
Romagnoli
Kjaer
Theo
Kessie
Saele
Calhanoglu
Rebic
Ibrahimovic

Napoli:

Meret
Di Lorenzo
Manolas
Koulibaly
Rui
Ruiz
Demme
Elmas
Lozano
Mertens
Insigne

Why are we playing with a man less?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Depends how you see it. I see Napoli as being able to dominate teams that can't survive their press. We're the most press resistant team in the league. They also like to play short from the back and have a very high line. We have Rebic and Saelemaekers that are excellent at making sure we can force errors, and we have really fast players that can exploit the space behind their defense. They don't have Osimhen who could have really hurt us in the same way.

We have some press resistant players but as a team we are not press resistant.
Besides they have equally as talented players in every position.

If inter merda could create that many chances against us imagine napoli with their pace.

This will be a very tough match and I really hope we win somehow

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Matchday signoriiiiiii

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Win this and send a message to everyone. Including ladri.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
dai
EnXvY29XIAEqT5T

https://twitter.com/Futball_Karim/status/1330232586321473538

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have some press resistant players but as a team we are not press resistant.
Besides they have equally as talented players in every position.

If inter merda could create that many chances against us imagine napoli with their pace.

This will be a very tough match and I really hope we win somehow

Inter didn't create chances because of turnovers. They did because we couldn't physically handle Lautaro or Lukaku. It was purely because of those duels that we gave them so many openings.

Other than that the goals against us were almost entirely set pieces. We don't concede that many chances.

Sure Bennacer and Kessie are almost superhuman in terms of press resistance but the rest of the players aren't bad either. Romagnoli and Kjaer are very comfortable on the ball and rarely panic. Theo is very very good as well, although he did make some silly fuck ups recently with some bad passes under pressure. Hakan is very good at it also. As a team we're built to withstand the kind of game that Serie A teams are going for these days, the high intensity, high pressing game. If players do find themselves under intense pressure we always have the plan B of a long ball to Ibra. This is probably how we're going to play if they try to press us, same way we played against Atalanta where Ibra destroyed Caldara all game.

I think Napoli are great, don't get me wrong, it's just that all else being equal we are the kind of team that negates their best qualities, especially with Osimhen out.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Napoli have lots of speed, even without Omishen. Our defence will have to keep them closed especially our full backs.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Match day woooow. Feels like a year.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Finally, felt like forever ago that we played.

I don't like that we are missing the coach for this one, hopefully he manages to react just as well to the game from home.

Ibra and the boys will have to step it up big time, but I am confident since we have our starting line up ready for this one.

Forza Milan!

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Fuck shitty International break. Time for some real football again :D.

I just hope Hakan is not too tired , rest all fine i think.

A bit scared of Koulibaly owning Ibra too though tbvh

Bennacer masterclass coming up lfg

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
finally game worth to be excited of
wonder about napoli (midfield) lineup
hard game for sure, we need to defend better than in the last 4-5 games
1-2:o

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
I would guess both teams would be happy with 1 point and hope for all 3.

It won't be easy, i cant remember an easy league game against them in recent past.

All super super tight with maybe 1 goal separating it.

we only have 2 wins in our last 5, so i hope the team can pull out a big performance, but id also be just as happy to see us get the point and settle back into some strong performances.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bring on Big Game Bonera

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Theo-Rebic telepathy, dai :c:

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
if we won against verona it would be acceptable to lose points here, but since we dropped points, now we have to win, especially that their main striker not playing, lets do this.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
Le probabili formazioni

Milan:

Donnarumma
Calabria
Romagnoli
Kjaer
Theo
Kessie
Saele
Calhanoglu
Rebic
Ibrahimovic

Napoli:

Meret
Di Lorenzo
Manolas
Koulibaly
Rui
Ruiz
Demme
Elmas
Lozano
Mertens
Insigne
Wherw is gabbia?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Well, not a single result in our favor this round. This is a must win game now. Lets see how the team will take this pressure.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Big nose Ibra... cudve been sitting top of the table with perfect record. Stupid 4 pts dropped.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Well, not a single result in our favor this round. This is a must win game now. Lets see how the team will take this pressure.

Should be a must-win regardless against a top-4 competitor.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Inter didn't create chances because of turnovers. They did because we couldn't physically handle Lautaro or Lukaku. It was purely because of those duels that we gave them so many openings.

Other than that the goals against us were almost entirely set pieces. We don't concede that many chances.

Sure Bennacer and Kessie are almost superhuman in terms of press resistance but the rest of the players aren't bad either. Romagnoli and Kjaer are very comfortable on the ball and rarely panic. Theo is very very good as well, although he did make some silly fuck ups recently with some bad passes under pressure. Hakan is very good at it also. As a team we're built to withstand the kind of game that Serie A teams are going for these days, the high intensity, high pressing game. If players do find themselves under intense pressure we always have the plan B of a long ball to Ibra. This is probably how we're going to play if they try to press us, same way we played against Atalanta where Ibra destroyed Caldara all game.

I think Napoli are great, don't get me wrong, it's just that all else being equal we are the kind of team that negates their best qualities, especially with Osimhen out.

I see ur points, but let us agree to disagree.

Hope we win though. We need it after that big fuck up against verona

Schedule