Nikola Kalinić Thread

How does Kalinic's departure to Atletico Madrid make you feel ?

• Should have given him another chance

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Finally! Thank god he's gone!

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • I'm 12 and what is this?

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Rino is a tough guy and I think he respects Kalinic, who comes off as more of a tough guy than Silva, who looks like he'd be open to referring to himself as a feminist.

KMzYj.gif

ples..

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
What other reason could there be?
Kalinic is a tough player who (you'd think) would be more willing to do the dirty work.
That and he has Seria A experience.

In reality, though I think Silva holds up the ball better and at least gets involved in the build up more. Also, there is the issue of the abject wastage of sitters by Kalinic....I think Silva should be ahead....I'm not sure what you're confused about :conf:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
idk...maybe rino gattuso is more convinced by kalinic in training? to the point that he would rather call on kalinic even though he is not 100% fit?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
idk...maybe rino gattuso is more convinced by kalinic in training? to the point that he would rather call on kalinic even though he is not 100% fit?

Could be. But how players perform in training isn't everything.

I remember someone of the coaching staff remarked at a missed headed goal from Silva that "he scores them all the time in training".

From my understanding and my experience, and the things I've heard some players are amazing in training and not so much on the actual field and vice versa. It's a bit of what you see, what you know and your gut instinct imho.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
gattuso needs to scold both kalinic and silva and have them fighting for a spot as a vice-cutrone. maybe make some goal scoring contest in training

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
I don’t think kalinic had a thigh injury and “grit through his teeth” whoever said that was just trying to calm the fans down towards him. Gattuso wouldn’t risk playing with an injured player in the semi final of a coppa

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don’t think kalinic had a thigh injury and “grit through his teeth” whoever said that was just trying to calm the fans down towards him. Gattuso wouldn’t risk playing with an injured player in the semi final of a coppa

:thumbsup: Yeah that's fairly obvious.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kalinic plays much better than Silva, his presence, his passing and his shielding have been very good lately, the finishing is the missing part.
Silva has much more holes in his game.

I don´t understand how anybody could favor Silva over Kalinic, if he was a player who´s laking in overall play but scores ok, but Silva is as harmless as a kitten and unlike Kalinic has bad positioning and a slow understanding of movements and the game.

Both are not dangerous but with Kalinic the team performs much better while with Silva the attack is disjointed.

Last edited:

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Kalinic plays much better than Silva, his presence, his passing and his shielding have been very good lately, the finishing is the missing part.
Silva has much more holes in his game.

I don´t understand how anybody could favor Silva over Kalinic, if he was a player who´s laking in overall play but scores ok, but Silva is as harmless as a kitten and unlike Kalinic has bad positioning and a slow understanding of movements and the game.

Both are not dangerous but with Kalinic the team performs much better while with Silva the attack is disjointed.

pretty sure you didnt watch last game :fp: :fp:
he was trash in every aspect

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pretty sure you didnt watch last game :fp: :fp:
he was trash in every aspect

I did and I can´t agree with that, for example he received and distributed two balls to Hakan from the left side of the box, such target man play is what I really like about him.

Also it shows the double standards how one match or really one bad shot is used against Kalinic, if we apply these standards to Silva he would be the most hated player in the world.
I know that Silva is younger but he not such an experience-less player to warrant these differences.

In reality too many users are just waiting to praise Silva for every little success and bash Kalinic for every little failure.

I have no problem with Silva being better than Kalinic, but only if it is the case in reality and just not because people want it to be.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I did and I can´t agree with that, for example he received and distributed two balls to Hakan from the left side of the box, such target man play is what I really like about him.

Also it shows the double standards how one match or really one bad shot is used against Kalinic, if we apply these standards to Silva he would be the most hated player in the world.
I know that Silva is younger but he not such an experience-less player to warrant these differences.

In reality too many users are just waiting to praise Silva for every little success and bash Kalinic for every little failure.

I have no problem with Silva being better than Kalinic, but only if it is the case in reality and just not because people want it to be.

lol are you on the wrong forum, all i can see is people are just waiting for every single mistake from silva to add their lame instagram joke

cmon, just admit it, the only reality is he was trash last game, no contribution at all, he lost the ball countless time, his passes were awful, he missed 2 easily chance in the last 2 games, didnt recall silva missed that kind of chances, luckily for him it didnt affect the final results at all, just imagine we lost 3 pts and knocked out in coppa after played 120 mins :fp: :fp:

the other fact is he played already 3-4 years in serie a, tons of experience, and 10 years older than silva, he should even be silva mentor, not the guy to be compared with silva about who is worse

from what i saw he is worse than matri, no reselling value, no future potential, old and huge wage, and we paid 25M for him
atleast we can sell silva for some cut losses, but if this guy plays bad, he is just a burden for this team

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol are you on the wrong forum, all i can see is people are just waiting for every single mistake from silva to add their lame instagram joke

cmon, just admit it, the only reality is he was trash last game, no contribution at all, he lost the ball countless time, his passes were awful, he missed 2 easily chance in the last 2 games, didnt recall silva missed that kind of chances, luckily for him it didnt affect the final results at all, just imagine we lost 3 pts and knocked out in coppa after played 120 mins :fp: :fp:

the other fact is he played already 3-4 years in serie a, tons of experience, and 10 years older than silva, he should even be silva mentor, not the guy to be compared with silva about who is worse

from what i saw he is worse than matri, no reselling value, no future potential, old and huge wage, and we paid 25M for him
atleast we can sell silva for some cut losses, but if this guy plays bad, he is just a burden for this team

I don´t see why Kalinic should not be able to pull a Dzeko, it´s not like he is the only player that needs/needed time.

I agree that the hype around Silva has luckily died to a certain degree but if he shows some glimpses there is still some instant praise.

Silva played for Porto and in one of the better leagues of Europe and in the CL, I never got why people act like he is some 17 yo talent who only played primavera.
He obviously is not a finished product but he should be 95% there with his age and experience. He should be much closer to Kalinic than to Cutrone in terms of readiness and in reality he appears as one of the most green players in the squad.

Last edited:

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
I don´t see why Kalinic should not be able to pull a Dzeko, it´s not like he is the only player that needs/needed time.

I agree that the hype around Silva has luckily died to a certain degree but if he shows some glimpses there is still some instant praise.

Silva played for Porto and in one of the better leagues of Europe and in the CL, I never got why people act like he is some 17 yo talent who only played primavera.
He obviously is not a finished product but he should be 95% there with his age and experience. He should be much closer to Kalinic than to Cutrone in terms of readiness and in reality he appears as one of the most green players in the squad.

idk what are you trying to say, people take time to adapt in other league, its just as simple as that
suso even played for premier league and laliga before but he still need 2 seasons to become as good as he is atm
about the bold part i cant help but laugh, how on earth is the 22 years old guy is suppose to be 95% of his potential :lol: :lol:, he could be better for sure
about kalinic it is very unlikely, he is not dzeko level at all, btw i will just wait and see, because we cant get rid of him anyways

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
My point is that Kalinic isn't treated in a fair way at all.

by whom? and in comparison to Silva?

a 20 year old Cutrone benched Kalinic, and deservedly so. as much as i like cutrone, he's not even close to being a finished product and is living more on momentum, will and grit and actual ability. his game doesn't help out the team nearly as much as one would want from a CF.

Kalinic touch is just bad in almost every sense.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Yep, 2 less than "killa"

what a fucking joke he must feel like. Reason for that is, you're using Lapadula as a reference point for what you feel is a poor player. I aint gonna argue that.

But your "killa" only got 2 goals more than him this season. With such a close tally, there's no telling if Lapadula would have missed, just like "killa"

Mighty "killa" indeed.

I'd feel like a joke too if I was him. This is Huntelaar all over again. No wait. Huntelaar would have put that chance away.

Kalichenko has 8 goals this season.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Rino is a tough guy and I think he respects Kalinic, who comes off as more of a tough guy than Silva, who looks like he'd be open to referring to himself as a feminist.

If there's any truth in this we should cut our losses and get rid of this snowflake.

#MMGA

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
By who? Milan fans or the coaches (montella/gattuso)?

by whom? and in comparison to Silva?

a 20 year old Cutrone benched Kalinic, and deservedly so. as much as i like cutrone, he's not even close to being a finished product and is living more on momentum, will and grit and actual ability. his game doesn't help out the team nearly as much as one would want from a CF.

Kalinic touch is just bad in almost every sense.

By the fans, coaches treat him fairly in my opinion. (Cutrone>Kalinic>Silva)

Apart from what I said about the internet/forum the moments where he got whistled at at some points of the season despite always being motivated and professional was really painfull for me.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
By the fans, coaches treat him fairly in my opinion. (Cutrone>Kalinic>Silva)

Apart from what I said about the internet/forum the moments where he got whistled at at some points of the season despite always being motivated and professional was really painfull for me.

so does silva deserve those instagram jokes? silva is even much younger and just moved from another league so he has even more excuses than kalinic

its part of the game and you have to live with the pressure, you get blamed when you play bad, no one can stop that

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so does silva deserve those instagram jokes? silva is even much younger and just moved from another league so he has even more excuses than kalinic

its part of the game and you have to live with the pressure, you get blamed when you play bad, no one can stop that

The difference is that Silva gets a lot of not really earned positive responses while in Kalinic's case if he plays well he is tolerated at best.

I never liked hate against Silva either, but at least there is some sort of balance, in Kalinic's case it's an extreme amount of pure bashing.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Kalichenko has 8 goals this season.

The 4 he scored in training does not count unfortunately. but hey, if it works for you, that's kewl. It definitely must be sad to be you. Having to convince yourself of so many illegitimate things, all at once.

I'd say I'm concerned...but we both know that's not true at all.:lol: