The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?
<=5 64 27.00%
6-10 44 18.57%
11-15 40 16.88%
16-20 34 14.35%
21-25 18 7.59%
26-30 3 1.27%
>30 34 14.35%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2007, 04:43   #261
Russo-neri
Primavera Player

Pato just scored a nice goal in the 4th minute of the Recopa Sudamericana. Timed his breakout just right and was all alone against the GK and flipped it to the GK's right.
Russo-neri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:04   #262
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Anyone have a clip?

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 18:43   #263
sivlE
Volunteer

Fav. Players: The Entire AC Milan Squad

I'd like Milan to ship out Oli and maybe even Gila and get one veteran striker and one youngster. Pato would definitely be my choice for that young striker purchase. From what I've seen he looks like a complete striker.

For those looking for video clips here are some YouTube compilations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyU4GV_Q2eU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvgS7AM5e1M
sivlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 19:09   #264
MaldiniISgod
designated hippy

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivlE
I'd like Milan to ship out Oli and maybe even Gila and get one veteran striker and one youngster. Pato would definitely be my choice for that young striker purchase. From what I've seen he looks like a complete striker.

For those looking for video clips here are some YouTube compilations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyU4GV_Q2eU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvgS7AM5e1M
wow why haven't we bought him yet?
MaldiniISgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:59   #265
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Anyone can look good on a 3min video.
Pato is still matturing as a footballer. The kid's only 17/18 its a huge risk to take bringing him to European football. Atm we need a proven striker, a machine. IMO Pato would be a good investment in the future but not now.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46   #266
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Thanks sivlE. But, I was referring to the goal he just scored. Anyone have a link?

Signature
SEVEN
Old 02-06-2007, 08:55   #267
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

I have a hunch about this player.
Nothing I v seen in the video justify his price but there is confidence floating all over him like he is bound 2 b great.
So , he should join a team that trust youth & not Milan coz he is 17 & he only need 2 play so he can evolve & in Milan he will sit next 2 Gourcuff + became just another talented player who didn’t evolve.
I hope he stays in Brazil till he is matured enough 2 go 2 Europe.

Last edited by Wild; 02-06-2007 at 08:58.
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 14:39   #268
Dann
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino

pato looks good but we need a proven striker aswell some like eto'o.
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 00:40   #269
Russo-neri
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot
Thanks sivlE. But, I was referring to the goal he just scored. Anyone have a link?

Here you go. You'll find the goal about 1 minute into this clip.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oXsP4P8KfYs
Old 05-06-2007, 04:04   #270
Nicko
Rookie

Fav. Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Aimar, Totti, Salas, Seedorf, Raul, Pato, Boateng, Cassano

oh men we really need this player just imagine if sheva come back and we get pato and ofcourse we get oliveira out ( i think for a loan cause' he may get better again) and also pippo out we would have one hell of a forward xD he's definetly "the" player that milan should focus on this summer
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:11   #271
Russo-neri
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko
oh men we really need this player just imagine if sheva come back and we get pato and ofcourse we get oliveira out ( i think for a loan cause' he may get better again) and also pippo out we would have one hell of a forward xD he's definetly "the" player that milan should focus on this summer

Yes we need to LOAN Oli out. Not because I expect him to get better, but his value is nothing right now. Milan would be better served by loaning him out and hoping he can get better (he can't get much worse) and sell him NEXT year.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:36   #272
Forza AC Milan
AC Milan Legend

We need to get first option on Pato, leave him in Inter for a year and bring him to Europe and send him on loan to an Italian Club to get used to the league for a year or two and bring him back to Milan.
Forza AC Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:22   #273
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

My position stands the same, I prefer the South Americans to first go to small clubs in Europe or not so big leagues in Europe to start adapting. It's highly rare that a player makes the step from team in South America to big team in Europe in a successful way (really, Milan is lucky for the way we got Ricky).
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:41   #274
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-neri
Here you go. You'll find the goal about 1 minute into this clip.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oXsP4P8KfYs
Thanks ... nice run + finish, I must say.

True that the probable lack of playing time at Milan may hinder his development. But this guy deserves to be on our pay roll rather than DurgAdict + Oil. I don't see why we would keep those two liabilities and let talent like Pato's + many others go to other clubs. Sign him + loan him out to Empoli ... where he'll start founding a partnership with Pozzi.

Signature
SEVEN
Old 05-06-2007, 12:02   #275
Dann
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan
My position stands the same, I prefer the South Americans to first go to small clubs in Europe or not so big leagues in Europe to start adapting. It's highly rare that a player makes the step from team in South America to big team in Europe in a successful way (really, Milan is lucky for the way we got Ricky).

yeah ricky was just that rare, exceptional talent that quickly adapted to italian football, chelsea were close to signing him before us but wanted to loan him out to russia or somewhere like that, pato might opt for the same go to a different team if we decide to loan him out.
Dann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:28   #276
rosso_neri
Banned

Fav. Players: Gattuso, Kaka, Ambrosini, Maldini, Nesta, Cassano, Crespo, Montolivo, De Rossi, Batistuta

if milan are prepared to pay 50 million++ for ronaldinho, they should definitely consider buying pato no matter the price
rosso_neri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 16:29   #277
Mystik
National Team Player

We need a proven striker, not just a 17 year old 'prospect'.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 16:56   #278
Maldini&Inzaghi
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
We need a proven striker, not just a 17 year old 'prospect'.
We need a number one striker this year but I think pato would be an excellent replacement for Oli or Bori
Maldini&Inzaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:58   #279
olendgr81
Rookie

Fav. Players: totally milan

well yes its true we need and experiened stricker. but then again, what are we going to do with ronaldo and inzaghi? theyre experienced enough. then there is gilardino who is on the verge of leaving. if he remains he can also help in attack like the other 2. he has been with milan for 2 seasons now and has enough experienece. apart from that, oliveira is still a milan player. i admit he had a bad season, but i know he has a lot more to offer. if borriello oliveira or gila leave, a replacement will surely come. Galliani will only let gilardino leave if he gets 24million. with that money he can surely buy another experienced stricker.
now pato is still young. he is good and surely is a hot prospect. remember what galliani once said about ronaldinho? now is not the time to get ronaldinho. ronaldinho should have been bought from brazil or from PSV. i agree with him. once a player becomes a member of a big club in europe, his value triples. especially if he is young. i agree yes, pato should be bought this summer. ehe must be milans first priority. after all like i already said, he is young and good. so good that his current club were "hiding" him by not letting him play before he signed the new contract with the high release clause. that can give u a better idea of how good he is.

tc all
olendgr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 15:57   #280
Maldini&Inzaghi
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by olendgr81
well yes its true we need and experiened stricker. but then again, what are we going to do with ronaldo and inzaghi? theyre experienced enough. then there is gilardino who is on the verge of leaving. if he remains he can also help in attack like the other 2. he has been with milan for 2 seasons now and has enough experienece. apart from that, oliveira is still a milan player. i admit he had a bad season, but i know he has a lot more to offer. if borriello oliveira or gila leave, a replacement will surely come. Galliani will only let gilardino leave if he gets 24million. with that money he can surely buy another experienced stricker.
now pato is still young. he is good and surely is a hot prospect. remember what galliani once said about ronaldinho? now is not the time to get ronaldinho. ronaldinho should have been bought from brazil or from PSV. i agree with him. once a player becomes a member of a big club in europe, his value triples. especially if he is young. i agree yes, pato should be bought this summer. ehe must be milans first priority. after all like i already said, he is young and good. so good that his current club were "hiding" him by not letting him play before he signed the new contract with the high release clause. that can give u a better idea of how good he is.

tc all
Agreed we should nab him now and as far as any issues with our experienced strikers loan him out then. Fuck Parma does a hell of a job grooming young talent.
Maldini&Inzaghi is offline   Reply With Quote