Official: Davide Calabria Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The wild shifts in the opinions is crazy.

Before the Arsenal game I swear I saw people calling one of the best full backs in Serie A.

He has potential, but definitely still have lots of holes in his game. Especially defensively.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
He needs to become stronger for sure. The way he was outmuscled by Kolasinac and Niles was embarrassing to watch.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
The wild shifts in the opinions is crazy.

Before the Arsenal game I swear I saw people calling one of the best full backs in Serie A.

He has potential, but definitely still have lots of holes in his game. Especially defensively.

Not me. I never rate any italian talent bery highly cause rhey really aren good. The ones that are actually good are too overpriced.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Abate should've played this one. More physical than Calabria and has the experience since he played in CL before against the likes of CR7 and Real so he would have had better composure on the pitch. Calabria got the potential though but still work in progress

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol:

10000000% predictable reaction from rnb. Calabria could have played one hundred good games in a row and people would pretend like it didn't happen after the first error.

admit to yourselves please that you enjoy seeing some of our players fail. Thanks guys.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
wenger is smart enough to realize calabria is the weakest link in our defense and ozil and miki kept playing on his side.. too easy

abate would have been better

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

10000000% predictable reaction from rnb. Calabria could have played one hundred good games in a row and people would pretend like it didn't happen after the first error.

admit to yourselves please that you enjoy seeing some of our players fail. Thanks guys.

:thumbsup: and then if abate started and had similar game comments would be same predictable shit :lol: pls make up your mind people.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:lol::thumbsup:

Its also fascinating how ppl are fast to blame individual players. They had more concrete chances. When you get outplayed in a team game of 11 ppl, its never one players fault.
Its so easy to get exposed as RB if your teammates leave you on wide space.

And to thhose ppl that said Kolasinac abused him, pls rewatch game, that guy wasted chances/attacks alot more than dribbling past Calabria. And if Arsenal didnt win, we would be talking how bad he was.

@rumpelnadjdnfhdhskin Thats like saying Davide needs to build muscle because he got owned by Kessie...Kolasinac is strong guy, its normal that he should be able to abuse Davide

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Did any of you guys actually ask for Abate to start ahead of Calabria? It's easy to be Nostradamus after the disaster.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not about quality it's just experience in these types of games. All of our players need to play together in big games like that to grow, and they will

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
i hope he got a reality check that there's a higher level outside of serie a

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I think it's naive to think Rino is that naive.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He's done decent until now but he shouldn't be excused from criticism.

He was bad defensively and showed that he still has a long way to go.

@rumpelnadjdnfhdhskin Thats like saying Davide needs to build muscle because he got owned by Kessie...Kolasinac is strong guy, its normal that he should be able to abuse Davide

He's right though.

If Calabria doesn't build muscle, he's going to be abused by a lot of players going forward.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He has contributed possibly more than any other player to our increased intensity and movement and for this he has become almost undroppable.

But he was also one big mess against Arsenal. It's bad enough to be treated as a training cone by Mikhtaryan and co. But he would also run into players or pass it straight to Arsenal players once he had the ball at his feet. Those first 20-25 mins were worse than what Mesbah pulled at Emirates in 2012.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He has contributed possibly more than any other player to our increased intensity and movement and for this he has become almost undroppable.

But he was also one big mess against Arsenal. It's bad enough to be treated as a training cone by Mikhtaryan and co. But he would also run into players or pass it straight to Arsenal players once he had the ball at his feet. Those first 20-25 mins were worse than what Mesbah pulled at Emirates in 2012.

I don't know if I agree with the Mesbah comparison.

The reaction here is classic R&B.

Milan win a few games - we're doing well. Lose one - sack the manager, all these players are shit, Romagnoli is Santacroce etc.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if I agree with the Mesbah comparison.

The reaction here is classic R&B.

Milan win a few games - we're doing well. Lose one - sack the manager, all these players are shit, Romagnoli is Santacroce etc.

The post-match reactions have actually been unusually reasonable this time. I see people more disappointed and sad than angry.

I don't see anyone blaming Romagnoli or the CBs for this one. Who would be stupid enough to seriously suggest that we sack Rino?

Bona deserves every bit of criticism. We lack attackers with pace. Kessie was shit against Arsenal. Etc.

As for Calabria, he was a walking disaster in those first 20-25 mins. As poor as it gets. But I think it had to do with nervousness more than anything else, so he's sort of excused. He's still a starter in my eyes since Abate can't provide the same energy.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Calabria to Libero: "What if Raiola called me? I would tell him that I'm fine with current agent, Gianni Vitali”
Calabria asked how much he is worth in today's market: "Zero. I'm fine here."

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The snake should learn one or two things from him

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Calabria to Libero: "What if Raiola called me? I would tell him that I'm fine with current agent, Gianni Vitali”

:proud:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

:star:

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
why the fuck is he injured every 1 out of 2 games?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Very solid game

should be called up for NT

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
one of the revelations of the season. very confident when going forward and getting better in defense. credit must also go to gattuso.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
The most improved player this season. Congrats to him..hope he can keep improving because he's still got a lot of room to improve

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Future legend. Not a new Abate.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Kid gives the ball away constantly

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
“We were 2-0 up and all we had to do was not make mistakes, because Napoli weren’t showing signs of a fightback,” Calabria told Milan TV.

“Instead, they got one back, the crowd lit up and so did Napoli. The psychological aspect means a great deal and if we’d been able to hang on to the two-goal cushion a bit longer, it would’ve been different.

“We’ve got our heads down after this, because we conceded three stupid goals and it mustn’t happen again.”

Calabria scored only his second ever Serie A goal, completing a long passing move.

“We practice that move in training every now and then. I’m glad it worked, but I cannot be happy with the result. We shouldn’t have panicked like that.”

Please put in a good performance next match.