\

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Despite his potential importance in 2018-19, Gattuso wants to avoid his team becoming too dependent on the prolific Argentina international.
"We're going nowhere if we just rely on one player, even if it is Higuain. It's not enough," he told a news conference in the Spanish capital.
"In order to be credible, you have to do the work throughout the week, encouraging your team-mates and not insulting them. I've seen all of that since he arrived here."

please can someone help to explain this? especially the second part. Does that mean there is friction in the dressing room even as we don't seems to be discussing it?.Thanks in advance

I think he praised gonzalo for his work ethic and attitude towards teammates

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Nope...both are in the final year of their contracts so can be had for 35m each.

Rabiot perhaps we could get him for around that price but United have an option to extend Martial’s contract another season. He will cost 60m at least!

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I don’t mind if he leaves but we can’t be going into this season with just Higuain and Cutrone.. especially considering we have such a short turn around between Europa League and Serie A matches. Our squad is starting to look quite thin, I really hope Leo and Maldini have something up their sleeves or at the very least sign players who are versatile.

If we sign somebody like Martial he can double as a winger/striker.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Nope...both are in the final year of their contracts so can be had for 35m each.
United have a one year unilateral extension option on Martial's contract. No way they'll sell him for below 60, that's how much they bought him for iirc.

There's going to be a bidding war for Rabiot if PSG decide to sell him. So it's unlikely that he goes for less than 40-45.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
If we sign somebody like Martial he can double as a winger/striker.

Agree that’s why it makes sense to spend big on a player like him. Covers two positions and plays them both at a very high level.

SMS is another who can play anywhere in the midfield, just his price is unrealistic for us but that’s the kind of player we need to be looking for.

Versatility is key for a squad

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
This deal would be perfect if Lazio agrees which I doubt tbh

I think the bigger issue is whether Bona agrees and if Lazio are prepared to match Borini's 2.5m wages.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
sms at 115m is ridiculous tbh

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
About as good as RR is at running.

Defense can always be improved

He was part of a Uruguay team that conceded 3 goals in 5 games in the WC.

I only mention him because if PSG really want RR we can insert him in a deal for Rabiot

Then in turn we can insert Berto in a deal for Laxalt as a cheap option

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I think the bigger issue is whether Bona agrees and if Lazio are prepared to match Borini's 2.5m wages.

I dont think Bona would be a problem. It's not like Lazio are some chump team. They are very capable of challenging for top 4 and would have last season if they didnt bottle it.

Borini I agree with. Fuckin' Mirabelli

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
#Milan #RadioRossoneraMercato tomorrow #Bakayoko(in the evening in Milan, morning visits) then eyes on an outside that jumps the man and goes deep. But even in the midfield it's not over yet. Busy week. @PBPcalcio

(Google translation)

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
United have a one year unilateral extension option on Martial's contract. No way they'll sell him for below 60, that's how much they bought him for iirc.

There's going to be a bidding war for Rabiot if PSG decide to sell him. So it's unlikely that he goes for less than 40-45.

Does Martial have to agree on the extension or Utd can just activate it?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
One insider I trust confirmed bakayoko, sms and martial.

I don't think its out of the realms of possibility to include Rabiot too. He can be had for 30m which is 10m per year spread over years. Leo rates him from his PSG days and was spotted in Paris recently. We were also shielding the faces of agents going in/out of Casa Milan so no reason why his mother couldn't have been one.

With so many mids being linked with exits (Mauri, Monty, Berto, Bona, Locatelli) maybe the plan is to replace them with fewer superior mids who can cover multiple positions e.g SMS, Rabiot & Bakayoko (with Biglia, Kessie and possibly Hakan as cover).

markony

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well, now with Rabiot refusung contract and Leo with us we could actually have a shot. Even for a modest price.

Martial is really perfect signing we could possibly wish for the attacking department.

Rabiot and Martial would make perfect sense. Also, both would cost like SMS.

But, we're gona get them all, scudeto aim this season.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Balcony pictures with SMS and Martial please

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Leobelli after spending 6 days to close a deal for baccayoko

a6622555761d6b8476a7b678cbc852a8.jpg

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Leobelli after spending 6 days to close a deal for baccayoko

a6622555761d6b8476a7b678cbc852a8.jpg

While selling Kalinic, Silva, Bacca and Locatelli, and simultaneously working on SMS and Martial and who knows who else. Obviously a low capacity guy :D

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Is Romagnoli officially our captain?

What place is Donnarumma in the captain ladder? I'd like for him to be vice captain. Feel like he's showing the most passion in our team

armanas

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' Nesta Cafu Shevchenko
Is Romagnoli officially our captain?

What place is Donnarumma in the captain ladder? I'd like for him to be vice captain. Feel like he's showing the most passion in our team

I hope he is sold before it comes to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule