Marco Giampaolo Thread

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I have no doubt he will make this work and that we one day, hopefully sooner than later, will see his system finally click.

It's his choice of players that makes me confused as fuck.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Considering that RR is shit offensively, but good at defense, I would try a sort of a 4-3-3 with Leao at LW, but moving more as a striker next to Piatek and Paqueta at LCM going forward aggressively.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If your arent gonna play Paq in AM, no point playing him

Paq and piatek up front gives us ability to hold the ball up and arial presence

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We need someone to drive the ball up to the front... that is where Paq is good at

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Players trying to figure out the system.

giphy.gif

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
0-0 in the derby and he's my new hero

Last edited:

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I rarely post but.......hes fraud.
I d take printerista mourinho over him.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Quotes of great coaches -

GP July 2019
"It's impossible to look good in a friendly."

GP September 2019
"There is no such thing as a perfect squad in the middle of September."

:proud:

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
No better than Gattuso so far.

If we don't improve massively we could well get smashed in the Derby. We would have lost our first three games had the opposition had any above average players.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Outdate tactic haha 4-3-1-2? Still used now in modern football? This guy dont like creative player as paqueta, leao... and use cátijello... he should coach as samp,udinese as alway in

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
So far I can't say that I've liked anything Giampaolo has done with the squad thus far. From tactics, to formation, to starting lineup it just seems wrong and that he's not the guy for the current Milan. I want to give him a chance but he just seems like such a dud... He wants to take all of the creativity away from the team, take paqueta's 'brazilianness' away, and just have everybody be rigid pegs in a formation... seems uninspired to me. He even doesn't start our new talents wen they are clearly better than what we currently have...

Why did Bennacer not start last game when he was among the best on the field in the game prior???

Why have we not seen Leao at all??

Why do we not at least give Krunic a small chance when Kessie or Hakan are not playing well?

I just don't get it at all and I haven't seen anything inspiring from Milan in the first few games of the season to suggest he's any upgrade over Rino... at least with Rino's Milan the team fought their asses off and there was a feeling of unity. This just seems disjointed right now... hope it improves.

Also, I think GP is faar to obsesed with formation.. I loved seeing Conte's quotes about formation basically saying yeah they matter some but its more about how the players move and the effort they give and the spaces they take up. Definitely the difference in a coach who believes in his players v a coach who believes in his tactics/formation.

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Official: Marco Giampaolo Thread

Giampaolo isnt obsessed about formation - no serious coach is. Commoders and the likes are obsessed about formation.

Managers think in terms of spacing and characteristics. When the problem with Suso and Piatek was spotted, the solution tried out is to change their relative spacing so that Suso gets more opportunities to get the ball in his left foot in a central-wide area.

This doesn’t mean we are playing a 4-3-3. We aren’t playing a 4-3-1-2 either. We are playing three attackers ahead in an asymmetrical line, with each trying to be in a position that helps them deliver what they are good at.

Give it time, it’ll get better. Rebic, Piatek and Suso haven’t even had 45 minutes playing together yet.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Managers think in terms of spacing and characteristics. When the problem with Suso and Piatek was spotted, the solution tried out is to change their relative spacing so that Suso gets more opportunities to get the ball in his left foot in a central-wide area.

Compared to commoders this is CL worthy.
It’s always funny that people think in one formation.
I remember Silvio complaining about Ancelotti that he used 4312 for only 5minutrs in the start of the game and the team played a mixed formations during the game. Ancelottis answer was that players will move and shift to what they think is best to win the game. A coach can only advise the players depending on analysis they gain from the training.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think that, with GP; he will make borini's value up from 6m to 8million euro, biglia extend to 2021 and paqueta's value decrease 20m, leao's value 15m, bennacer's value:16m;piatek down 20m.boban and maldini should have a meeting with GP

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
So far I can't say that I've liked anything Giampaolo has done with the squad thus far. From tactics, to formation, to starting lineup it just seems wrong and that he's not the guy for the current Milan. I want to give him a chance but he just seems like such a dud... He wants to take all of the creativity away from the team, take paqueta's 'brazilianness' away, and just have everybody be rigid pegs in a formation... seems uninspired to me. He even doesn't start our new talents wen they are clearly better than what we currently have...

Why did Bennacer not start last game when he was among the best on the field in the game prior???

Why have we not seen Leao at all??

Why do we not at least give Krunic a small chance when Kessie or Hakan are not playing well?

I just don't get it at all and I haven't seen anything inspiring from Milan in the first few games of the season to suggest he's any upgrade over Rino... at least with Rino's Milan the team fought their asses off and there was a feeling of unity. This just seems disjointed right now... hope it improves.

Also, I think GP is faar to obsesed with formation.. I loved seeing Conte's quotes about formation basically saying yeah they matter some but its more about how the players move and the effort they give and the spaces they take up. Definitely the difference in a coach who believes in his players v a coach who believes in his tactics/formation.

:thumbsup::star:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Why did he keep Conti on for the full 90 mins? He was the weakest link.

We have talented players but his choices are questionable.

Rossoneri97

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka
Why did he keep Conti on for the full 90 mins? He was the weakest link.

We have talented players but his choices are questionable.

Don't have anyone to replace Conti. But this shit has gone enough.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Criminal to not play Bennacer

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
He got the mentality of Brocchi and the personality of Vinny Montella.

It just won't work out, a la Di Francesco at Roma who was also hired from a mid table club.

Bring me Allegri or Mourinho. The club and the players need someone like those two.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dude folded under the pressure. I don’t blame him, he should never have been hired. The fault is with Maldini and whoever else was involved in the decision making progress. You cannot entrust Milan in this period of crisis to a 51 year old whose best accomplishment to date is finishing 9th in Serie A.

Until we stop with the nepotism (Maldini) and hiring crappy or inexperienced managers, we will be stuck in this purgatory.

Schedule