Week 4: Milan - Inter 21/09/19 20:45 CET

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
This will be very tough. First decent team we have played this season. If GP doesn't get his formation and team selection correct it will be a defeat for sure.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't worry boys.
The system can only be defeated by a vastly superior team.
2:1 for us
A draw if inter gets lucky.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
D'rumma
Duarte - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Theo
Kessie - Biglia - Bennacer
Samu
Suso - Piatek​

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Wasn't exactly scared shitless by the Inter I saw 35 minutes of earlier tonight.

Perfectly winnable this derby if we rise to the occasion.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
------------Gigio------------

Conti---Musa------Romag----Theo

------Kessie---------Bennacer------

Suso-------Paqueta---------Rebic

-------------Tek9-------------------

What do u think about this 4-2-3-1?

---------Gigio---------

Conti---Musa---Romag----Theo

---------Bennacer-------------

Suso----Hakan---Paqueta----Rebic

----------Tek9------------------
Or this 4-1-4-1?

I don't dig the 4-1-4-1, but I've been hoping for a 4-2-3-1 since last year so we'll see. I'd love it if it happened though, I feel its the correct formation for us right now

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't exactly scared shitless by the Inter I saw 35 minutes of earlier tonight.

The inclusion of Lukaku and a 3rd CB at the expense of Perisic and Politano has taken away their ability to outrun teams.
In fact they got overrun by Slavia last night. I don't think they can press the shit out of our back-four the way they've done in the last derbies.
The Rino-Spalleti derbies were unusual in that Inter were the dominating team.
I would expect that to end with this 352 Inter side, but Giampaolo has managed to make Milan more lethargic than ever.

Now I'm expecting an unusually ugly, hard-to-watch Milano derby, and we've had a fair share of those in the last decade.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yesterdays issues make me think it even likelier that they’ll repeat the lineup against Udinese, with Politano instead of Lautaro.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
What about 4231 for this one? Rebic and Suso out wide, Paqueta or Hakan in the 10 role.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

yeah but i've fallen for this trap before...

these fuckers turn it up a notch everytime they play us....

and then go back to being shit the next week...

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hail Mary, full of grace
Our Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Zlatan
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us AC Milan,
now and at the hour of our derby
Amen

280px-La_Madonnina.jpg

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
“Slavia Prague certainly played in a very European way, aggressive and with intensity,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia.

“We didn’t do well to find solutions and get around that. In other games, we were up against sides who sat back and waited for us, whereas Slavia attacked us. We struggled and to be honest, I am not satisfied with the performance

attaccare.gif

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yup, Slavia's performance yesterday should be a good sign for Giampaolo. Dominate the midfield, attack swiftly.

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
“Slavia Prague certainly played in a very European way, aggressive and with intensity,” Conte told Sky Sport Italia.

“We didn’t do well to find solutions and get around that. In other games, we were up against sides who sat back and waited for us, whereas Slavia attacked us. We struggled and to be honest, I am not satisfied with the performance

attaccare.gif

This should always be plan A in the derby.

Press and hunt for the ball like a wild animal. Give 100% intensity and show no mercy, ATTACCAREEE!!!!

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Hail Mary, full of grace
Our Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Zlatan
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us AC Milan,
now and at the hour of our derby
Amen

280px-La_Madonnina.jpg

I think we tried that last season or two seasons ago, didn't work.

a for effort tho.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
people really think we can play like czech team?? aggressive in the midfield and fast on the wings ... for whole game...

:lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

You think we scare any team?

Yea perfectly winnable by accident

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Dont underestimate that Prague team. Theyre better than us in physicality movements and attacking phase

cant wait for suso to do everything in attack and lose possession 30 times while crossing and shooting from his right side

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dont underestimate that Prague team. Theyre better than us in physicality movements and attacking phase

cant wait for suso to do everything in attack and lose possession 30 times while crossing and shooting from his right side
Everybody is better than us.

I love our trademark move, we make every team look like prime barca.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yup, Slavia's performance yesterday should be a good sign for Giampaolo. Dominate the midfield, attack swiftly.

I know this is the right way to play and how Giampaolo wants us to play, I just feel like we're not ready for it yet. Really hope i'm wrong...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know this is the right way to play and how Giampaolo wants us to play, I just feel like we're not ready for it yet. Really hope i'm wrong...

Yes, I also feel we aren't ready yet to play this way. It has to happen eventually and I hope it's this weekend.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Would recommend everyone to check out the Boban interview in the Milan app. Bello

How great is that app btw.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I've queued up the Boban interview, Serginho interview and everything else in the app to watch as soon as I get home after work today. The app is brilliant.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Classic Inter stumbling into the derby and then playing the match of their lives against Milan. I’ve seen this before.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
This is the game to turn on the engines. I don't care if Merda aren't playing well either, Derbies are different.

If we don't turn on the jets this game, we'll be roadkill. Players need to show the desire to win, need to move with and off the ball. No more of that stagnant walking around bullshit, hiding behind their defenders.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Rebic birthday on saturday, mine on friday! Win thus fir us you mediocre boys! Forza Milan! Come onnnn

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
The best preparation for this game would be to make the squad watch Inter's game against Sparta Prague.

Noyon9s

Super Pippo <3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
I've queued up the Boban interview, Serginho interview and everything else in the app to watch as soon as I get home after work today. The app is brilliant.

I feel like the clubs media presence has improved so much just this season. Now just need them to hire a decent Italian translator.

It was really nice to hear Serginho talk about the derby, about how he'd go from giving 100% to 150% mentally in a derby, hope the players get that. Plus pressure from Boban saying it's a 50-50, we shouldn't come in as underdogs.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
we shouldn't come in as underdogs.

Agreed, we have to stop this loser mentality, only then will we start getting back to the Milan of old.