• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Tassotti wasn't our youth, but he was bought young and way before Berlu.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ireland, Robinho, Benarbia, Goater, Kinky
When people have a go at City/Chelsea for buying success without realising Milan's history, it is a bit foolish, however whilst Milan also bought success, I think the difference is how many of the key players in the successes were brought through the ranks, the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Tassotti, for example. City don't have anything the likes of this in aid of their most recent titles. Especially the first two I mentioned were complete legacies in football and would walk into any historic world XI.

I agree with that, but on the flip side, showering your team with players likeRijkaard, Gullit, Van Basten, Papin, Savicevic, Boban etc allows players like Maldini to have the platform to become greats.

Just like Micah Richards looks much better now in a team with Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure, etc...in comparison to a team with Richard Dunne and Joey Barton. :lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Please don't quote me. You haven't earned the right.

Because it looks pretty.

I do find it funny how much of a joke you are, tbh.

You're like the kid that David locked under the stairs.:lol:

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
Tassotti wasn't our youth, but he was bought young and way before Berlu.

oh? i was under the impression he was brought through! my bad!

I agree with that, but on the flip side, showering your team with players likeRijkaard, Gullit, Van Basten, Papin, Savicevic, Boban etc allows players like Maldini to have the platform to become greats.

Just like Micah Richards looks much better now in a team with Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure, etc...in comparison to a team with Richard Dunne and Joey Barton. :lol:

Yeah I was gonna allude to the fact that the players brought in raised the game of those around them. I mean seriously, Gareth Barry? No Toure and he looks Championship quality.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

That reminds me...does Damocles still want the Arabs to resign over the sale of Dunne? That thousand word essay he sent to the club calling for their resignation was a real tearjerker.

I do find it funny how much of a joke you are, tbh.

You're like the kid that David locked under the stairs.:lol:

I'm more like Harry Potter tbh. I'm magical. Now run along and count your spots :o

It's a star for everytime we've ruined football

:lol:

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
dunne :lol:

It's like Milan fans crying over the sale of bonera :lol:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He was the best CB in the league in his first season with Villa too. In the right system he's immense.

Reserve league (or Elite Squad league, as City call it) doesn't count Kalac.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
oh? i was under the impression he was brought through! my bad!

Yeah I was gonna allude to the fact that the players brought in raised the game of those around them. I mean seriously, Gareth Barry? No Toure and he looks Championship quality.

Problem with Barry is, if he doesn't play with Toure, he plays with De Jong. When he plays with De Jong, De Jong drops a little deeper and creates a big gap between himself and Barry. It leaves Barry with a lot of covering to do and because he isn't the quickest, he often looks really laboured because he's not mobile enough to cover the entire centre of the pitch.

And also we keep the ball much better with Toure. He always makes himself available, wheras De Jong isn't really that kind of player. I prefer Barry over De Jong though. But yeah, it's easier to look a better footballer when you're in a better team.

When you're in a team who dominate possession, you make less mistakes because you're tested less. Pique at Barcelona was an example of this. Throw in a few passes with the outside of the boot, and you get a defender who nearly everyone raves over. Kompany would no doubt make more mistakes at somewhere like Sunderland. Not many more though because Kompany is a G.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Reserve league (or Elite Squad league, as City call it) doesn't count Kalac.

No to be fair to Kalac, when he's in a battle, he's amazing. When he's up against movement and intelligence, he turns into a prime Titus Bramble.

Put him in a team who are under severe pressure in a game, and he is a brick wall. Not sure so much about him now as i don't watch an awful lot of Villa (thanks to McLeish.)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No to be fair to Kalac, when he's in a battle, he's amazing. When he's up against movement and intelligence, he turns into a prime Titus Bramble.

Put him in a team who are under severe pressure in a game, and he is a brick wall. Not sure so much about him now as i don't watch an awful lot of Villa (thanks to McLeish.)

Under MON in a counter attacking deep defending team he was basically flawless. Can't be overpowered, doesn't back out of anything. And for his size, when he gets going he's quick. It just takes him a few yards.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Under MON in a counter attacking deep defending team he was basically flawless. Can't be overpowered, doesn't back out of anything. And for his size, when he gets going he's quick. It just takes him a few yards.

Yeh he's deceptively quick. He's been a good player.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Has anyone here finally find out why did Fregie become such a pussy in the last Derby?

In the FA cup Man U played much better but this time it was truly awful. Starting Park? WTF?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Has anyone here finally find out why did Fregie become such a pussy in the last Derby?

In the FA cup Man U played much better but this time it was truly awful. Starting Park? WTF?

He fucked up - big time. Happens to everyone though.

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
That's a bit elitist.

And the statement about class. :

What's classy about Totonero and Calciopoli? Sorry not trying to have a dig, but you can't just make throw away statements like that. It's like you think football only began to exist from the moment you started watching it.

at least I'm sure I started waching footbal before you.
so I found out:

footbal was invented by British
fair-play was invented by British
the best football is played by British
the best managers in football are British
the best league in the whole world is EPL

football match fixing was invented by British..... oops!

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players

In the FA Cup match they spent the first ten minutes camped just outside their own penalty area. They then scored a great goal, the first time they got anywhere near our area.

Then Kompany got sent off. Then United started playing.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
so I found out:

footbal was invented by Chinese

football match fixing was invented by Asians..... oops!

:o:o:o:o:o

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
oh I forgot the red card in FA cup.

anyway Man City should easily win the league next 3 seasons. that squad is just too good.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so I found out:

footbal was invented by British

football match fixing was invented by British..... oops!

:fp:

I never said anything about British football being brilliant or devoid of any match fixing scandals. I just questioned your statement that Milan were classy in comparison to City. Your answer tells me everything i need to know. ;)

TheoLeo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:fp:

I never said anything about British football being brilliant or devoid of any match fixing scandals. I just questioned your statement that Milan were classy in comparison to City. Your answer tells me everything i need to know. ;)

good! now you know.
so go back to school & come back when City become as classy as Milan and some other clubs in Europe!

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
He's on his way to back-to-back CL winner. At Milan. :g:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I forgot that cups are awarded based on how classy :-)proud:) a club is. Some of the Milan fans on here are so full of themselves. Jesus christ.

Family club :star::proud:

Class :star::proud:

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule