Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

OneUnited

Reaction score
Prospects look a bit lame of late. It annoys me that they can promote a fight on the undercard to main event. No wonder my interest fluctuates between MMA and boxing so much.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Watching UFC 133 right now.Im at the third fight,what the fuck was Dennis Hallman thinking with does shorts????????????????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

First two fights where boring,especially the second between that Portorican guy and whoever was the other guy.Lots of boxing(which i find shit)and no knockout :thumbsdown:

Also Brian Eberlsole with that arrow up his chest :lol:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Damn i wanted Akiyama to win ,but Belfort really knocked him the fuck out .Spectacular K.O :star:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Watching UFC 133 right now.Im at the third fight,what the fuck was Dennis Hallman thinking with does shorts????????????????:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dana white (ufc president) always gives out knockout, fight and submission of the night bonus to the fighters after the event.

Ebersole also got a bonus. "For winning against someone with those shorts" :lol:. Dana announced it at the press conference after the event.

he got 60 000 dollar for that :eek:

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
I used to watch this a lil when AXN aired 2/3 seasons of reality show "The Contender" (previous ones were on boxing). Muay Thai version it was IIRC with few Aussies, Thai guys and Europeans.

Can choose to watch recorded championships on likes of ESPN but there's no fun unless its LIVE. :(

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dana white (ufc president) always gives out knockout, fight and submission of the night bonus to the fighters after the event.

Ebersole also got a bonus. "For winning against someone with those shorts" :lol:. Dana announced it at the press conference after the event.

he got 60 000 dollar for that :eek:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yesterday i was discussing this with a friend,what actors would you like to see in the octogon ?

Statham vs The Rock,would be epic:D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
The rock is not fast enough and has become pussy in hollywood, too much weight

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dominick Cruz just became my new favorite fighter,his fighting style is just to awesome:star::star::star::star:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
There's no fight I'm looking forward to more than the fight between Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez! Fight of the year definitely.

Two best heavyweights on the planet right now.

OneUnited

Reaction score
After Cain dismantled Lesnar, the way Junior made a mess of Carwin set this one up nicely. I'm thinking it will be a close fight, although I don't like that Velasquez will have had a year out by then.

This weekend's event should be good for the change in scenery as much as anything else. Pierre headlining events in Canada gets a little tedious after a while.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There's no fight I'm looking forward to more than the fight between Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez! Fight of the year definitely.

Two best heavyweights on the planet right now.

I for one dont really like heavyweights ,there not as spectacular as the lighter categories.But it should be a good fight:D

OneUnited

Reaction score
That was quite a good event. Naturally, Silva's performance was stellar in giving the Brazilians a reason to create all of that noise. He's unreal.

UFC should definitely visit there again. Considering all of the fighters the country contributes to the sport, it's the least they can do, especially if Canada's getting one every time St-Pierre fights.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That was quite a good event. Naturally, Silva's performance was stellar in giving the Brazilians a reason to create all of that noise. He's unreal.

UFC should definitely visit there again. Considering all of the fighters the country contributes to the sport, it's the least they can do, especially if Canada's getting one every time St-Pierre fights.

Just watched that fight earlier,Silva is simply amazing.At times he looked like his not even trying.First he drops him with a punch and lets him get up,then before the knock out he drops him again and for a few seconds he looked like : hmm should i finish this or not?Then decides to go down and pound the shit out of Konami :lol:

P.S: Ronaldo was in the crowd also :D

OneUnited

Reaction score
Silva's simply a phenomenon in terms of natural talent. The way in which he can stand in front of an opponent and dictate the next move is unprecedented. After taking the bait by striking him and getting knocked down in return, Okami looked scared to try it again. It was reminiscent of how he finished Griffin. I dare say it was better. Nobody comes close to Silva, not even the extremely talented St-Pierre.

P.S: Ronaldo was in the crowd also :D

I noticed him celebrating Silva's win as much as he did any World Cup win. He had that big, toothy smile that you can't fail to recognise :)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Was so happy to see Ronaldo in the crowd, it really surprised me :lol::proud:

Silva is just supernatural, can't find words to describe that man. If he continues like this he'll surpass Fedor as the best ever. Time's ticking though since he's 36 already (older than Fedor :eek:)

Re: Silva vs St Pierre. Obviously Silva is the bigger talent, but IMO GSP is a bad match up for him. Why? Good game plans, very athletic, well conditioned, GREAT wrestling, better BJJ-defence than Sonnen. The wrestling part will be the decisive factor, GSP will hump Silva for the entire 5 rounds and get a decision victory. He's just a much much better version of the troll Sonnen.

Off course, Silva can end a fight at any given moment though.

Az, heavyweights is the shit man, THAT POWER!

OneUnited

Reaction score
I'd still back Silva. I can see Anderson having seriously worked on his defence following the Sonnen fight. It was the best chance somebody had of bettering him with a game plan, however good St-Pierre's wrestling is. I can't see him making that mistake twice.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Was so happy to see Ronaldo in the crowd, it really surprised me :lol::proud:

Silva is just supernatural, can't find words to describe that man. If he continues like this he'll surpass Fedor as the best ever. Time's ticking though since he's 36 already (older than Fedor :eek:)

Re: Silva vs St Pierre. Obviously Silva is the bigger talent, but IMO GSP is a bad match up for him. Why? Good game plans, very athletic, well conditioned, GREAT wrestling, better BJJ-defence than Sonnen. The wrestling part will be the decisive factor, GSP will hump Silva for the entire 5 rounds and get a decision victory. He's just a much much better version of the troll Sonnen.

Off course, Silva can end a fight at any given moment though.

Az, heavyweights is the shit man, THAT POWER!

Silva is going to destroy him,his wrestling wont mean for shit.Actually Sonnen was pretty spot on how to beat Silva,you have to go all out on him and keep the pressure on and hope his gard eventually cracks.

You cant fight him on the ground cause his got amazing ground defense,and you cant fight him tactically cause his movement again is amazing.You gotta be more faster then him like Sonnen was and keep pounding on him till he eventually cracks.

I just dont see a GSP lasting 2 rounds with him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I hope they'll fight some day, so that I can prove you both wrong :D. (Boring) Decision win for GSP.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We got some good stuff coming up as well. Jon Jones vs Rampage.

"It's gonna be some black on black crime!"

Quentin Rampage Jackson is one of my favourite fighters, I want him to crush Jones. But I guess Jones is a clear favourite to win this bout.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rampage is a crazy person. Lives in irvine. I have a friend down there, says he sees him around town, drives a monster lifted truck

ramp-truck.jpg

I like both jones and jackson. But I'll side with Jones

BTW friends trying to organize us to go to vegas for new years, and be there during Lesnar/Overeem fight. I'm undecided. Truthfully, I'm not a huge UFC follower andless so to heaveywights (I think Welterweight to light heaveyweight are most intriguing), i'll watch it but i don't follow it way i follow football for ex. So I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I like Jones for his talent, but he's such a little bitch. Jackson is definitely my type of person.

I'd give anything to visit a UFC even, do it if you can. There's talk about having a even in Sweden, hope it materializes.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I like Jones for his talent, but he's such a little bitch. Jackson is definitely my type of person.

I'd give anything to visit a UFC even, do it if you can. There's talk about having a even in Sweden, hope it materializes.

yah ive been to strikeforce, since they fight alot in norcal

::star:Urijiah:star::

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm a pretty big UFC fan. I was in the habit of watching every event for a while but I've been distracted by my studies lately... so I'm a few events behind. Has anyone managed to give Anderson Silva a solid beating yet? I have to give the man respect for his amazing skill but his personality makes me dislike him intensely.

My favorite UFC fighter is GSP. As far as I'm concerned that man is the poster boy for UFC; he embodies skill, experience, strength, and honor. Top notch fighter all around.

Not sure when the next event is but I'll try to give that one a watch so I can comment about it with the rest of you guys. :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Not sure when the next event is but I'll try to give that one a watch so I can comment about it with the rest of you guys. :D

saturday

jon jones v. rampage jackson

excited about it. To be honest I'd loveto see Jones and St. Peirre fight, but it's unlikely they could ever meet in middleweight.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
excited about it. To be honest I'd loveto see Jones and St. Peirre fight, but it's unlikely they could ever meet in middleweight.

will never happen, jones could easily be a heavy wheight.

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
Has Jones fought since he won the title? That might be the last UFC I watched. I don't recall how long ago that was. Jones is an exciting fighter... youngest to hold a belt, right? I want to see him keep his belt for a while but he needs to be tested for the experience. It will be interesting to see how he deals with Rampage.

As for Rampage himself... I don't care much for him. I have a bias against showy fighters and certain things he does annoy me (like that howl :fp:). Rampage is a good nickname for him. I don't get the impression he plans much... just goes in and unleashes the fury. On one hand I can say I respect him for what he is capable of but it's more respect for his body rather than his mind. I tend to prefer the more intellectual fighters. Plus Jackson seems to want to pursue an acting career. I say he should go for it and get out of UFC while his career is still respectable.

Jones is a fighter I can get behind but Jackson is not.