Milan's Transferseason round-up

What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?

• Total voters

Milaneso

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gilardino, Pirlo _ Gattuso
I just read on a football site that Milan said they are talking to two 'champions' of players, and that one of that two would certainly (!) come. :)

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Wild said:
I was jumping like a kid when we won the CL this year.
But there was a part of me that didn’t want 2 win exactly coz of what G&B + A would say : we r the best team in Europe , we don’t need any new players.
Milan , sooner or latter , will face a big crises.
Winning the CL isn’t as important as building the team + playing a better football.

Never in my life I witnessed such stupid + anti ambitious board & I was a Milan fan 4 more than 18 years.
Kaka should leave us exactly coz of that.
He deserve a different board & am sad 2 say so but Milan , with those ppl in charge , doesn’t deserve him.

U put a nicely post there but all u said mean 1 thing : G&B + A should fuck off 4 good.
I think the problem lies in how the management defines success. If they think it's measured in trophies alone, they're deluding themselves. We can accuse them of being unambitious and they can reply "Milan have been the most successful team in the last 20 years, what more do you want?" For our management, I am afraid winning and winning alone has come to define success.

That's quite stupid - in my book at least. It is a given that if you happen to be present at a Milan match, chances are you won't get bored. But that's pretty much to it, save exceptional nights like the first half versus United and the Istanbul first half.

We're not Barcelona or Arsenal. They play at a much higher plane. Manchester United play better football than us. Technically we are, arguably, foolproof. But that doesn't guarantee great football.

Then again, it's depeds on the type of football the club wants to play. There's no doubt that we've had incredible success with the system we've been following, but is it time to be more daring? Or is this the most daring an Italian team can get? Ancelotti, with all due respect, is no Saachi but he can at least play with two forwards...? And if Berlusconi so favours a 2-striker formation, then why aren't we doing enough to get a top class forward?

A club like Milan has to be able to get the players it wants. Otherwise we might as well stop calling us 'giants'.

Last edited:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista10 said:
Fact is, we're being linked to players such as Pato and Julio Baptista. Although neither can be a bad addition to our squad, Julio Baptista is not a pilar of consistency. Pato on the otherhand is quite impressive for a 17-soon-to-be-18 year old. However Pato would only arrive in January. We would not be able to rely on an forward line consisiting of a highly inconsistent duo of Gilardino and Baptista, a reliable but aging Pippo Inzaghi, and an injury-prone Ronaldo.

Although high-quality strikers all 4 would be (implying Baptista were to arrive) they have their flaws. The then adition of Pato in January would not give him time to adapt until maybe the end of the season, to his new surrundings and completely new culture. It would take him 4-5 years before we can see his true potential therefore he is just a future prospect and nothing more for us now. We definetly won't see him have more than 10 goals in his first full season which would be the next after the upcoming one, should we get him in January.

If we were not to get any acquisitions this is our front line compared to Barcelona's, we would see the matchup like this Kaka' vs Ronaldinho, Inzaghi vs Eto'o, Gilardino vs. Messi, Ronaldo vs Henry. Kaka would take Ronaldinho, but i strongly doubt the other 3 would win out vs. their respected matchup, only ronaldo coming out close. Basically proving that Barcelona have a formidable offence, unlike Milan, champions europe, do not. Barcelona also have a vey strong backline and a good midfield, just like Milan, who's midfield and backline are, unfortunately, older.

Barcelona, Inter, Real Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea and Bayern Munich have strengthened their squads to what seems invincibility. They already had a good squad and built upon it. These teams starting line-ups change from season to season and the fans see new, fresh faces in their team each year. There is nothing to a fan who hasn't seen his team play for 2 months, to get a world class acquisition for the new season.

But then you look at 3 teams, Milan, Manchester and Liverpool. They make maybe 1 or maybe 2 big name signing at the most each season, and reinforce the squad with older experienced players considered trash by some teams, and buy 1 or 2 young players for the future, usually to replace a star that seems never likely to leave the team.

These stars usually play out their days with these clubs, Maldini, Giggs, Carragher, Gerrard etc. and they are willing to take a backseat in the later days of their careers for the youngsters bought years back, to teach them, and in return they are valuable substitutes to give the young players a rest once in a while. You look at these 3 teams over the past half decade and you will see that their starting 11 have evolved much slower than al of Europe's major clubs, but also, have won the most over the long period of time.

Yes buying players immediately brings indeed, immediate success, as Inter showed last season, Barca and Chelsea 3 years previous. Now look at Chelsea and Barca, they have slowly faded and haven't really won anything of note. Why is that? Simply because they bought the best they could on the market, rather than buy young future prospects, who are somewhat proven to become good, and older players that bring valuable experience and depth to the squad. These squads have no more room for their experienced players therefore they let them go.

A perfect example was Giuseppe Favalli's purchase last summer. We thought it wa s a waste because he was old. But when he played, he fit into our system very easily because he had experience to do so. He was very solid at the back, more so than Jankulovski, and he was pretty dangerous pushing forward. Seedorf, who was on the road to another dismal season, turned the heater up a notch when he was truly needed. Other major clubs would have discareded him by now. Ambrosini who has finally shown his true value this season, and also starting to get up in years, would never have been given the chance by other major clubs because of his injury problems and inconsistency in the past.

But then you look over the past 20 years. You look at the history books and you constantly see 2 teams that continued winning using the same formula. 2 geniuses in modern football were at the help of each club, albeit in different positions. Manchester United had Sir Alex, and Il Grande Milan, who's legacy of the Berlusconi era is unprecedented, with Berlusconi watching over. Both men realised that the formula to victory is not money and talent: but trust, solidity, faith, and a strong belief in the dressing room that they were united as one team, and they would go out there every game and even though not the best on paper, they were the strongest side.

And if a player did not believe in this winning formula, they were set packing. Van Nistelrooij and Beckham for Manchester, 2 players who seeked a fake sense of glory and money. Same for Shevchenko with Milan. Even though Shevchenko was a heartbreak for us to lose, wasn't Beckham, Manchesters idol also a heartbreaing loss?

Other top clubs would not have the courage nor the balls to let their star player leave, because they cared more about winning quickly rather than have a united group of players. They would win immediately but in the long run, when things go downhill for a while, the locker room is not calm like that of Milan, they start to panick, and tempers flare. The group is no longer harmonious and the team struggles alot.

On the other hand, when Milan goes through a bad patch, players and staff alike always come out and say that the locker room is united and they will get back onto winning ways, rather than the inter or chelsea locker room where the finger is always pointed at someone, or in Real Madrids case where the coach is sacked, or at Juve where fringe players uproar at not being given a chance, or at Barca where we hear constant rumours of discomfort and fighting.

Although I agree with Italian Tsar that our transfer season is highly and worringly dismal, we must continue to trust Milan and its directors. We hve the money, and should we need further re-inforcement it will be spent. Players will eventually come but Milan is as strong a side as any and they will continue to win, because, no other team in history has accomplished what Milan has...find the balance between long-term victory and a long lasting harmony within the club.
I am in agreement that Milan is a club where we value continuity very highly and treat our players differently. But do you think just because we win we're the best club in the world? Doesn't the type of football we play have any bearing on that tag?

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Wot are you ppl bitchin n moanin 4? Are you not Milan fans? When has Milan ever done a Man Utd n done its business in the 1st week? Never. We always buy in the last week. There is still time... chill, relax.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
van Basten said:
Wot are you ppl bitchin n moanin 4? Are you not Milan fans? When has Milan ever done a Man Utd n done its business in the 1st week? Never. We always buy in the last week. There is still time... chill, relax.

Sorry to burst your bubble here but with the way the transfer season has unfolded thus far, with teams like Man Utd and Barca gettin their targets so early there won't be much left in the last week. It will cause another overpriced panic buy.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
^^ Sorry, dont talk football with teenagers... nothin personal, they're just pricks.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
van Basten said:
Coz its really frustrating 2 c all those good players changing clubs when none is going our way.
As mentioned in an article posted by C4M few days ago Milan not fighting with it teeth 2 sign a player like Chivu when he is available is evidence enough that we aren’t as ambitious as we prefer. (Milan need a CB + a LB & Chivu is both)

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pippo, Weah, Flamini, T.Silva, Zidane, Gourcuff, Kaka
Wild said:
Coz its really frustrating 2 c all those good players changing clubs when none is going our way.
As mentioned in an article posted by C4M few days ago Milan not fighting with it teeth 2 sign a player like Chivu when he is available is evidence enough that we aren’t as ambitious as we prefer. (Milan need a CB + a LB & Chivu is both)

And we'll see him playing for Inter... :head:

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Italian Tsar said:
I am in agreement that Milan is a club where we value continuity very highly and treat our players differently. But do you think just because we win we're the best club in the world? Doesn't the type of football we play have any bearing on that tag?

I don't disagree with you, and you definetly do make a point when you say that the quality of football you plays plays a role in being the best team in the world.

But the fact is, when someone looks into a history book and they see that Milan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Inter in trophies won, they wil conclude that Milan is the better team. There is no award for how good a team plays. 3 seasons ago we arguably had the most spectacular team to watch, when Shevchenko, Stam and Crespo were on our hands. But, however, we didn't win that season, although we came close in Serie A and only lost in a dramatic final.

The football we played towards the end of the season was rather entertaining, after all we took Manchester United to school did we not? Man. Utd. at the time we 'the' team to beat, 'the' most spectacular team, but we beat tem by playing an excellent, entertaining and brilliant game.

In the end, it comes down to who really wants it most. Italy wanted it to prove that they were not scandals, Milan wanted it to prove they could overcome a deficit and do it without ever having rest during the summer, and to prove they wer not too old to win as a group. We had our ups and downs, and the fact that we managed to win something, and do it against Liverpool, we were given a second chance by God, to prove ourselves, and avenge our defeat at Instanbul.

**We seem to have struck up a nice conversation btw :)

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista10 said:
I don't disagree with you, and you definetly do make a point when you say that the quality of football you plays plays a role in being the best team in the world.

But the fact is, when someone looks into a history book and they see that Milan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Inter in trophies won, they wil conclude that Milan is the better team. There is no award for how good a team plays. 3 seasons ago we arguably had the most spectacular team to watch, when Shevchenko, Stam and Crespo were on our hands. But, however, we didn't win that season, although we came close in Serie A and only lost in a dramatic final.

The football we played towards the end of the season was rather entertaining, after all we took Manchester United to school did we not? Man. Utd. at the time we 'the' team to beat, 'the' most spectacular team, but we beat tem by playing an excellent, entertaining and brilliant game.

In the end, it comes down to who really wants it most. Italy wanted it to prove that they were not scandals, Milan wanted it to prove they could overcome a deficit and do it without ever having rest during the summer, and to prove they wer not too old to win as a group. We had our ups and downs, and the fact that we managed to win something, and do it against Liverpool, we were given a second chance by God, to prove ourselves, and avenge our defeat at Instanbul.

**We seem to have struck up a nice conversation btw :)
My apologies for the late reply, but I've been caught up here in my college and it's hectic here, trying to juggle classes and the board....

Desire, as you say, is certainly a major part in making a team successful. We had an incredible run in the CL this year and much of it was down to grit and the determination to prove doubters wrong. History does, as you said, indeed prove that Milan are bona fide giants of the game. But history also places those teams that played the best football on a higher plane than teams that just gorged in success.

Take Brazil 1970 and Saachi's Milan. It is true there aren't any prizes for playing beautifully, but it is more than possible if we believe in it. Let's say I am a romantic. I don't want success alone. I want style - more style, in our case - coupled with success :)

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
^
Most of us, in fact all, would love to have Milan play with style and still have success. However, most of the time, one of them have to give way for the other. Not man teams can claim to have played with style and still won. The Brazil 82 team was said to be one of the best, yet they didn't in anything, and not many will remember it. No doubt that the teams that played with style and enjoyed success would be remembered the fondest, but after that would have to come those who enjoyed successes and only after that those who played with style. If i had to choose, i'll take substance over style any day.

Milanista10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Italian Tsar said:
My apologies for the late reply, but I've been caught up here in my college and it's hectic here, trying to juggle classes and the board....

Desire, as you say, is certainly a major part in making a team successful. We had an incredible run in the CL this year and much of it was down to grit and the determination to prove doubters wrong. History does, as you said, indeed prove that Milan are bona fide giants of the game. But history also places those teams that played the best football on a higher plane than teams that just gorged in success.

Take Brazil 1970 and Saachi's Milan. It is true there aren't any prizes for playing beautifully, but it is more than possible if we believe in it. Let's say I am a romantic. I don't want success alone. I want style - more style, in our case - coupled with success :)

well said mate, but again I must bring up one point. With football becoming more of an industry these days, it becomes harder and harder to hold on to valuable pieces of the team. We were playing brilliant football were we not, until shevchenko left, and that destabilized the team. who knows, with ronaldo and oddo in the first team, we might just pick it up again and play some attractive football.

Milanista10

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
you know..now that i think about it, everbody here is so pre-occupied with whom milan will acquire this summer. I just came to the realisation that I would be pleased nonetheless if Milan were not to buy anyone. Does it really matter who plays for the squad. I f anything this past season has shown us is that its not the big names that wins games, its heart and spirit. For all i care we could sign maybe a few young players but nobody of note and i wouldn't give a rats ass.

I've supported Milan for much longer than any kid my age could say. I grew up with this team in my veins. I've seen players come...and go. Some I loved, like shevchenko, like crespo, like beirhoff, like rui costa. And I've painfully watched them go. It stuns me that people in this forum love Milan simply because of a player, or certain players. And when a players decides to pursue a different dream at another team, a part of that fans soul doesn't support milan anymore.

There are a selection of fans, who don't care much for the players. I admit when I was younger, the thrill of a new signing enthralled me. But now, having supported this club for years, having been on football sites every morning and night to read the latest news, having picked up every newspaper or magazine about football i could lay my hands on, i've come to the realisation that I don't support Kaka', or Inzaghi, or Nesta or whomever. I support Milan. If Kaka were to leave, it would hurt me, as I know he was a great player for the club that I love and live for. But it would never change the least bit how much i have a passion for this team.

I've grown up hearing commentators say how amazing Maldini is, being a one club man. Having worn the colours of Milan for almost 1000 games. having put his body and sweat and tears on that line for milan for some 23 years. I've realised that Maldini is not only a footballer. No, he is a part of Milan. He is what Milan represents. You also look at Franco Baresi. No two footballers represent Milan like these two great gods have. They are the only 2 players worthy to be called true Milan Legends.

I still watch every game with every bit as much enthusiasm as I did when I was 8. I still scream and go mental. I will be on my deathbed one day and still go nuts when Milan scores. In 40 years from now, will I still be a milan fan? the answer is quite simple. Yes. In 40 years time, the same players and the same management won't still be there. New faces will be there in place. Some of you fellow forumers might not be fans anymore, because your favourite players are not there anymore. Some of you might grow tired or impatient with milan over the years. But I've seen Milan do bad, I've seen them ridiculed at the hands of calciopoli. I've seen them achieve incredible things..the 2003 and 2007 champions league and 1999 scudetto. Even if in 40 years time, Milan were to be in the 3rd division, I would love them and find a way to watch them.

when I think footballm the first word that comes to mind is Milan. Not ronaldo, or ronaldinho, or terry, or whomever...but Milan. I've learned over the past few seasons that players come and go, but there has always been one constant amidst all the variables. That being, my unconditional love for AC MILAN.

I ask for all of you forumers to understand that we may not sign anyone this off-season. But we will still be Milan, and let not this terrible transfer season ruin our anticipation for the upcoming 2007-2008 season where we will conquer the european supercup, avenge the intercontinental cup loss of 2003, try our cards in the coppa italia, de-throne our rivals inter to the scudetto, and most importantly, retain our title as kings of europe.

MilanFan009

A.P.7.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta, Pato, Buffon
Milanista10 said:
you know..now that i think about it, everbody here is so pre-occupied with whom milan will acquire this summer. I just came to the realisation that I would be pleased nonetheless if Milan were not to buy anyone. Does it really matter who plays for the squad. I f anything this past season has shown us is that its not the big names that wins games, its heart and spirit. For all i care we could sign maybe a few young players but nobody of note and i wouldn't give a rats ass.

I've supported Milan for much longer than any kid my age could say. I grew up with this team in my veins. I've seen players come...and go. Some I loved, like shevchenko, like crespo, like beirhoff, like rui costa. And I've painfully watched them go. It stuns me that people in this forum love Milan simply because of a player, or certain players. And when a players decides to pursue a different dream at another team, a part of that fans soul doesn't support milan anymore.So you should all be happy of this team and what they have acheived, if they decide not to bring anyone, its cause they know what they are doing (most of the time), they no better then us, thats why they are called professionals.

There are a selection of fans, who don't care much for the players. I admit when I was younger, the thrill of a new signing enthralled me. But now, having supported this club for years, having been on football sites every morning and night to read the latest news, having picked up every newspaper or magazine about football i could lay my hands on, i've come to the realisation that I don't support Kaka', or Inzaghi, or Nesta or whomever. I support Milan. If Kaka were to leave, it would hurt me, as I know he was a great player for the club that I love and live for. But it would never change the least bit how much i have a passion for this team.

I've grown up hearing commentators say how amazing Maldini is, being a one club man. Having worn the colours of Milan for almost 1000 games. having put his body and sweat and tears on that line for milan for some 23 years. I've realised that Maldini is not only a footballer. No, he is a part of Milan. He is what Milan represents. You also look at Franco Baresi. No two footballers represent Milan like these two great gods have. They are the only 2 players worthy to be called true Milan Legends.

I still watch every game with every bit as much enthusiasm as I did when I was 8. I still scream and go mental. I will be on my deathbed one day and still go nuts when Milan scores. In 40 years from now, will I still be a milan fan? the answer is quite simple. Yes. In 40 years time, the same players and the same management won't still be there. New faces will be there in place. Some of you fellow forumers might not be fans anymore, because your favourite players are not there anymore. Some of you might grow tired or impatient with milan over the years. But I've seen Milan do bad, I've seen them ridiculed at the hands of calciopoli. I've seen them achieve incredible things..the 2003 and 2007 champions league and 1999 scudetto. Even if in 40 years time, Milan were to be in the 3rd division, I would love them and find a way to watch them.

when I think footballm the first word that comes to mind is Milan. Not ronaldo, or ronaldinho, or terry, or whomever...but Milan. I've learned over the past few seasons that players come and go, but there has always been one constant amidst all the variables. That being, my unconditional love for AC MILAN.

I ask for all of you forumers to understand that we may not sign anyone this off-season. But we will still be Milan, and let not this terrible transfer season ruin our anticipation for the upcoming 2007-2008 season where we will conquer the european supercup, avenge the intercontinental cup loss of 2003, try our cards in the coppa italia, de-throne our rivals inter to the scudetto, and most importantly, retain our title as kings of europe.

I totally agree with you bro, I mean real Milan fans don't only support one or two players. Like me yes, I do love Kaka and Gattuso equally as much, but if they were to leave I would say thank you for everything and move on and keep loving this team because this is the team that I love. I love every player here, they are the ones who bring us trophies. If we dont get anyone I will support their desicion. Who thought Milan could of won Champions League last year with almost the same starting 11, well we can do it again. The atmosphere at this club is amazing, everyone who plays for this team always says it, and they always demonstrate it. Thats what counts, not buying every amazing player there is on the market just because, I mean we are all about experience and people who can bring good atmosphere. I love watching them every Sunday, win or lose. Always a pleasure supporting them, going crazy over a final, watching a semi final game with Milanista10 and celebrating and screaming like retards because you LOVE Milan. Its like a marriage, together forever, till death do us part, through thick and thin. Some people tell us to relax or "its only a game", well you know what, life's a game, Milan's my life. I would die for this team.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think we all forget at times that FOOTBALL is a team game and thus, the atmosphere in the club along with the camaraderie among the players are the most important thing, may be more important than a few individual brilliant talented players without same affection for each other !!

For solid proof, look at MILAN for 2006-07 season.

The Playmaker

Banned
Reaction score
AC Milan - the name of the greatest club on earth. (that's the way I would like to start my first post :D) Our transfer policy over the past decade or more has been the best in the world, and our results prove me right. I trust our management, they will always make sure to let us stay up there at the top.

And, signing Pato was a brilliant signing. Getting a young talented forward, who will be able to come mid season (when Pippo or Ronaldo will be injured :D) and start a promising career.

I know that we may have a lot of old players, but they have the experience. The fact that we have reached 4 champions league semi finals in 5 years, and played 3 finals, and won two. Indicates that we are the best in Europe, and one of the most prestigious clubs on earth.

However, we need to start changing our blood from next season, because we will reach a point that half of the team would retire at one season, and I don't like to see Milan struggle. :)

So, that was my first post over here folks. And here's to a long stay over here.

Cheers :beer:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
IMO there should be no second chances

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
The Playmaker said:
AC Milan - the name of the greatest club on earth. (that's the way I would like to start my first post :D) Our transfer policy over the past decade or more has been the best in the world, and our results prove me right. I trust our management, they will always make sure to let us stay up there at the top.

And, signing Pato was a brilliant signing. Getting a young talented forward, who will be able to come mid season (when Pippo or Ronaldo will be injured :D) and start a promising career.

I know that we may have a lot of old players, but they have the experience. The fact that we have reached 4 champions league semi finals in 5 years, and played 3 finals, and won two. Indicates that we are the best in Europe, and one of the most prestigious clubs on earth.

However, we need to start changing our blood from next season, because we will reach a point that half of the team would retire at one season, and I don't like to see Milan struggle. :)

So, that was my first post over here folks. And here's to a long stay over here.

Cheers :beer:
Nice post Frook... But I doubt it's your first...

The Playmaker

Banned
Reaction score
MilanoMike said:
Nice post Frook... But I doubt it's your first...

We really do have a bond, don't we? :D

Well, I'm only seeking another chance. If it's ok with David, and you of course. ;)

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
The Playmaker said:
We really do have a bond, don't we? :D

Well, I'm only seeking another chance. If it's ok with David, and you of course. ;)
lol well looks like mike beat me to it, but that was my first reponse after reading ur post as well.
I'm not sure why you were banned anyway, but well see if ur given a THIRD chance lol.

The Playmaker

Banned
Reaction score
radioactivenerd said:
lol well looks like mike beat me to it, but that was my first reponse after reading ur post as well.
I'm not sure why you were banned anyway, but well see if ur given a THIRD chance lol.

Well it seems that my style is obvious to everybody. Make a public poll, and vote for who would welcome me back, then log in next time to see me banned again. :D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
The Playmaker said:
Well it seems that my style is obvious to everybody. Make a public poll, and vote for who would welcome me back, then log in next time to see me banned again. :D
LOL looks like we decided to take the last part of your idea seriously, frook.

Reaction score
AC Milan's weak spots

Before any discussion I clearify that this is only my opinion, please dont crusify me!

AC Milan is Europe's champion! But that does not mean everything is perfect,
Many changes need to be made before the opening day of the season, even before Sevillia encounter.
The way I see it, The defence isn't as good as it should be, with all respect to Maldini, he isn't in his best form, and a young refreshing CB must be at hand, Agger from Liverpool, Sergio Ramus of Real Madrid, Sendaros of Arsenal, we need one of those young talented defenders to strengthen our defence (Vincent Kompany of Hamburg is quite a talent also).
In addition to a Centre Back we also need a Right/Left Back, like for example Cicinho! who is available for transfer! instead of old Cafu who looks pretty tired after 5 minutes of game or instead of Jankolovsky whome I dont really like. It is really nessesary to shake the defence a little bit so that we can always say we are typical Italian defence!

Regarding the Middlefield I really must say this, Seedorf has his brilliant moments, but in the final against liverpool he didn't really shine, the opposite, he lost many balls, the same regarding Pirlo, I really appreciate them both but they really disappointed me in the final, we need another playmaker, a good one, like Diego from Bremen! Or atleast a perfect passer like Gutti from Real Madrid.

Please comment!;>

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Milan's weakspot is some of the bandwagoners we have of 'supporters'.

atza|milanist

AC Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini forever, PIRLO, Kaka, Shevchenko, Seedorf, Nesta
It`s not true.

1. We already have many thread with similarly motive.
2. I can understand you, you like AC Milan, and you want to be better and stronger. It`s normal. But you can`t say we have bad side,old squad. It`s not true. You don`t know our squad enough if you said something like that. Defence: We have Oddo-Italian representative,Kaladze-very strong player,who is capable to play either CB and LB,Maldini and Cafu(another one year)-old wolves,Nesta-rules,Simic-not very good but our,Bonera-fresh player,always obstinate,Jankulovski-very fast player who play on few position in the pitch,Serginho,Ba...We have very strong squad.
You say PIRLO and Seedorf play bad in the final of Champions League? So what? Seasons are very long. If they play bad,it`s not super,but it`s normal to happened sometimes. They are men,like we...

I can`t talk about midfield or attack...it`s enough to say: PIRLO,Seedorf,Ricky Kaka,Rino Gattuso,Gilardino,Inzaghi,...

We can buy another young and good players,like Pato,but we already have quality. We are the best.

Last edited:

Schedule