Oguchi Onyewu

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Oguchi Onyewu's move to Fulham has been put on hold, and now the American defender may be headed to AC Milan, according to speculation out of Italy.

The Cottagers certainly crave the Standard Liege defender, but Standard Liege has been balking at agreeing terms with the Premiership side -- the asking price for the American a little higher than what Fulham boss Chris Coleman originally thought.

Onyewu, who saw Standard block a move to Real Madrid in August, actually took a medical at Fulham in London, but he returned this week to join up with Standard for training and also to discuss terms with suitors from France, Spain, and Italy.

One of those suitors appears to be AC Milan, who would not be put off by the estimated $4 million asking price for "Gooch."

The Rossoneri, however, still are trying to obtain highly-touted Lazio defender Massimo Oddo, who recently admitted his Lazio future was in doubt because of the offer from Milan.

11692_news.jpg

source : goal.com

And now , where the hell they digged to find this player ? :conf:

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
never heard about him,
(it means tha we are gonna buy him :D )

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
ORez said:
Hooo God! T_T

This 2 words posts are going to my nerves , really mates , its not neccessary to write somewhere if you just dont have what to write.. its annoying..

:head:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, goal.com is the CRAPPEST site of all. (no offense, resident goal.com author :tongue: )

Channel4 at least take their stories from here or calciomercato, but goal.com dare make the shit up themselves ;)

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini(cesare&paulo), desailly, kaka, kaladze, altafini, Henry(come to Milan!)
MIlan PLEASE BUY GOOCH!!!

Gooch is a HUGE stud of a central defender.
I can't believe any Italian wouldn't know about him! :eek:
He owned the azzuri strikers during ther game in the World Cup, I guarantee that is what Milan have looked at when thinking about him.
He is BIG Strong and Fast and has good positioning.
He has the full potential to be by far the best player ever from the US.
I know that may not be saying alot though.

Maldini&Inzaghi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta
This guy is no way in hell ready for seria A!!! I am sorry I would be furious if they signed this bumb. I think Fulham has him locked anyway. For Milan to be linked to such a player is garbage. He belongs at Fulham.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Besi said:
This 2 words posts are going to my nerves , really mates , its not neccessary to write somewhere if you just dont have what to write.. its annoying..

:head:
I agree and I am sorry, but those two word DO describe that what we here on the forums should really be discussing and not be discussing. I know this is your thread and you would like some good replies to it but I havent heard of him, so all I can say is he is a no body. Milan are already having troubles signing want away players, our attentions are stifled and distracted with rumours like these and we end up signing players like Favalli. No offence to Favalli fans, but I really think Milan should be concerned with signing few players with alot of quality.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AdrianoUSA said:
Yea yea.... I remember him from the WC, he looked bad against the Czechs :tongue:

But he sure's got sth to offer.... to the ladies ;)

shirtoff.jpg
t1_onyewu.jpg

On a less jocular note, the Belgian league suits him just fine. I mean not even Metz wanted him back.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
ORez said:
I agree and I am sorry, but those two word DO describe that what we here on the forums should really be discussing and not be discussing. I know this is your thread and you would like some good replies to it but I havent heard of him, so all I can say is he is a no body. Milan are already having troubles signing want away players, our attentions are stifled and distracted with rumours like these and we end up signing players like Favalli. No offence to Favalli fans, but I really think Milan should be concerned with signing few players with alot of quality.

1. You cant tell others what to discuss and what not.. there is source.. you can reply .. or just leave it if you dont have to say something with sense..

2. My thread? From where you go that? If I opened it , it doesnt mean its my thread .. since I cant moderate it ..

3. Dont go off topic please , there is Favalli thread.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besi said:
1. You cant tell others what to discuss and what not.. there is source.. you can reply .. or just leave it if you dont have to say something with sense..

2. My thread? From where you go that? If I opened it , it doesnt mean its my thread .. since I cant moderate it ..

3. Dont go off topic please , there is Favalli thread.
Whoa, take it easy partner! All I can say to the topic is its totally idiotic, Goal.com need content to put up, and they can spin up crap as Passion said, they are crap. We should realize that, and spare others from useless crap.

Oguchi Onyewu to Milan?
No thank you :)

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
But he sure's got sth to offer.... to the ladies ;)

shirtoff.jpg
t1_onyewu.jpg
Probably some draft reject. LOL @ stud of a defender :) Our current 22 is just perfect, NEXT!

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
AdrianoUSA said:
I can't believe any Italian wouldn't know about him! :eek:
He owned the azzuri strikers during ther game in the World Cup, I guarantee that is what Milan have looked at when thinking about him.
He is BIG Strong and Fast and has good positioning.
He has the full potential to be by far the best player ever from the US.
I know that may not be saying alot though.

gooch is NOT a huge stud. he may be big, but hes clumsy and is too physical. hes not the ideal person for milan...unless we keep him as a 3rd or 4th choice person and use him to market milan in usa.
he was a disaster in every game except the italy game - the world cup is all ive seen of him, but even if he plays well at leige or used to play well in usa, that doesnt say much.
no more than 2-3m - and NOT A SOLUTION to defensive problems.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Hell, hell, hell no!!!!

This guy really sucks, I know, I have seen him play for several years here in Belgium. Don't get him. He has a good condition and is strong but that's all he's got. He would be a good wrestler or something, but he has no football skills whatsoever. As someone said before, this is guy really is clumsy. His positioning is terrible and he isn't good technical. I'd prefer Roque Junior or Laursen back instead of him

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Pirlo, R. Baggio, Kompany, Bergkamp, Van Basten, ...
Yeah, I saw him playing in Belgium as well and his position is quite terrible. He is too good to play in Belgium, but I don't see him playing in AC Milan for the next few years. He's still young and might improve his potential in a smaller team in the Premier League or so ...

cosmin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Bucharest, Romania, Ghencea Stadium, Curva Nord
teis said:
Hell, hell, hell no!!!!

This guy really sucks, I know, I have seen him play for several years here in Belgium. Don't get him. He has a good condition and is strong but that's all he's got. He would be a good wrestler or something, but he has no football skills whatsoever. As someone said before, this is guy really is clumsy. His positioning is terrible and he isn't good technical. I'd prefer Roque Junior or Laursen back instead of him

I've seen him play against Steaua and Vali Badea (not a very good foward) owned him and scored 2 goals in that game.

EDIT: Look at the first Steaua goals and you will see Oguchi on his ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2OehjvHF20

Last edited:

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Crespo, Pirlo, Nesta, Shevchenko
Nothing to worry about, the guy is staying untill the end of the season with Standard

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
black-eagle said:
how old he is ?

Full name Oguchialu Chilioke Onyewu
Date of birth May 13, 1982 (age 24)
Place of birth Washington, D.C., USA
Height 6'4" (193 cm)
Nickname Gooch
Position defender

Current club Standard Liège
Number 5

Youth clubs
2000-01 Clemson University

Professional clubs*

2002- 2004 Metz
La Louvière (loan)
2004-... Standard

National team**
2004– United States 17 (1)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he was voted as best american soccer player of the year in the States. But what does that mean for a country that thinks soccer is for girls ? And over here we call it Football :cool:

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have to correct myself; he hasn't signed a new deal, but he hasn't got an agreement yet with another club. And here in Belgium they don't speak about Ac Milan, only Fulham and Real Madrid

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rahja said:
And here in Belgium they don't speak about Ac Milan, only Fulham and Real Madrid
I had heard about it from a fan of Standard before it was on this forum here ... so they do ... but it's just gossip really . I sure hope so .

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probably because they read it on the same source, whatever, on the Belgian soccer sites I haven't read anything of this! Don't shoot me if I'm wrong :)

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Rahja said:
Full name Oguchialu Chilioke Onyewu
Date of birth May 13, 1982 (age 24)
Place of birth Washington, D.C., USA
Height 6'4" (193 cm)
Nickname Gooch
Position defender

Current club Standard Liège
Number 5

Youth clubs
2000-01 Clemson University

Professional clubs*

2002- 2004 Metz
La Louvière (loan)
2004-... Standard

National team**
2004– United States 17 (1)

OMG...i wouldn't know how to pronounce his name :eek: :eek: :eek: we'll just use da nickname.. :)
as i see here he is american, no offence to americans but we'd get a guy who would call da game for "soccer"?? NO THANKS :D
second, he has never played for a professional team?? OMG, no for sure ;)

and third, he is ugly..sorry but he got nothing to offer ladies or guys LMAO..those abs etc looks crepy instead of hawt :)

what abt going for proffessionals?? i don't get milans problem, i know this is just another rumour but still WTF? milan should make a move in da transfer market, we've been linked with lots of guys, and da first days we did have lots of deals on da table suddenly everything died & all we got is grimi....GRIMI... grimi for gods sake :rolleyes:
scouts in south america and all we get is grimi??? OMG OMG da world has gone kookoo :eek:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
crazymilangirl said:
OMG...i wouldn't know how to pronounce his name :eek: :eek: :eek: we'll just use da nickname.. :)
as i see here he is american, no offence to americans but we'd get a guy who would call da game for "soccer"?? NO THANKS :D

and third, he is ugly..sorry but he got nothing to offer ladies or guys LMAO..those abs etc looks crepy instead of hawt :)

what abt going for proffessionals?? i don't get milans problem, i know this is just another rumour but still WTF? milan should make a move in da transfer market, we've been linked with lots of guys, and da first days we did have lots of deals on da table suddenly everything died & all we got is grimi....GRIMI... grimi for gods sake :rolleyes:
scouts in south america and all we get is grimi??? OMG OMG da world has gone kookoo :eek:

He's currently playing for Standard Liege. All the clubs he has played for are listed there.
Unlikely that we get him however. Not exactly world class yet or not even approaching it for that matter. He should go to Fulham.

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazymilangirl said:

Are you drunk? :D

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rahja said:
Are you drunk? :D

LOL i was kinda ...hm......well kinda not myself...wouldn't say completely drunk but yeah you get da point :D

agree with pirlo fan, he should go to fulham..i dunno why peepz make a thread whenever they se "ac milan" in sum crap site :rolleyes: no offence though, atleast i saw an american soccer player being linked to milan...NOW I'VE SEEN IT ALL

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazymilangirl said:
LOL i was kinda ...hm......well kinda not myself...wouldn't say completely drunk but yeah you get da point :D

agree with pirlo fan, he should go to fulham..i dunno why peepz make a thread whenever they se "ac milan" in sum crap site :rolleyes: no offence though, atleast i saw an american soccer player being linked to milan...NOW I'VE SEEN IT ALL

You were on drugs then? :D
You shouldn't! Shame on you :D

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rahja said:
You were on drugs then? :D
You shouldn't! Shame on you :D

LMAO..pass da joint :) :)
just kidding, no i wasn't completely drunk..

Rahja

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazymilangirl said:
LMAO..pass da joint :) :)
just kidding, no i wasn't completely drunk..

Ok then :D

Schedule