Leonardo Bonucci Thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
And from what I'd read his son cried so hard when Bonucci forced him to wear Juve's jersey before in their scudetto celebration .. funny indeed ..

He won't have that problem here :lol:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Unacceptable behavior from our captain. He should publicly disown his son.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
I feel like puking everytime jammin

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Leonardo Bonucci has been included in Gran Galà del Calcio Serie A best XI of 2017

tenor.gif

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
yeah, but they named Buffon as MVP ...

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
In the 92nd minute, when Montolivo had the shot on goal outside the box, was the ball going in if bonucci weren't to touch the ball? I'm watching it over and over but can't be sure if the ball is going out or in.

Please tell me the ball was going out anyway.. i cant handle it if Montolivo got robbed of the hero role. What a moment it would have been :(

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ Even if that shot was on goal, it doesn't mean Torino keeper wouldn't have saved it.
In terms of ball travel speed, it didn't look "unsavable".

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
^ Even if that shot was on goal, it doesn't mean Torino keeper wouldn't have saved it.
In terms of ball travel speed, it didn't look "unsavable".

Sirigu looked beaten to me right there. But yeah who knows. Maybe he'd reflex it or something.

Just hurts that Monto on the back of that performance Could have been the hero with that goal.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Bonbon fucked up on their half before Romagnoli had the chance to fuck up on ours.

fuck this defending

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
After every nonsense defeat like this, I hope he doesn't give up and leave.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Pure class today, just a shame about the result.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That backheel clearance was glorious. Very good match overall but what's the point.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
After every nonsense defeat like this, I hope he doesn't give up and leave.

would be very funny, since he's part of the problem after every defeat.

and you're calling people delusional?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
we have to be able to ask more from him, he is showing improvements, but at the same time it feels like he's losing some confidence after all the mistakes. Donnarumma is leading the defense more than him atm.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Overall our defense is WORSE than last season.
He joined the team as our defensive star and as captain.

So, if our defense got worse with him, isn't that his fault to some degree?

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
the whole team looks worse than last season

of course it's his fault to some degree (he's been bad/average in most games), but there are so man factors playing a part in this seasons bad start that it's impossible to single someone out.

in hindsight, we should have had a more humble approach. I put that on Montella and F&M. We should have played defensively until the defensive part of the team was set (with a 4-man backline). When that's done, then we could have started to play an attack minded game.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
His biggest failure at Milan has been as a leader :head: . It's unfortunate he can't turn his mediocre defense partners into something more competent. I guess this is why buffon has always been his captain.

He should focus on his own performance from now on. The rest are a bit of a lost cause and should be weeded out in next few transfer windows.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His biggest failure at Milan has been as a leader :head: . It's unfortunate he can't turn his mediocre defense partners into something more competent. I guess this is why buffon has always been his captain.

He isn't playing better than any of his "mediocre partners".
That's the problem.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He should focus on his own performance from now on. The rest are a bit of a lost cause and should be weeded out in next few transfer windows.

Agree on the leadership but the other defenders aren't that bad, we will not find a better left footed CB than Romagnoli who is willing to join us.
Zapata is easier to upgrade but not a bad fit for the role of the physical CB.

Let's not forget the DM in the equation, a van Bommel typ who really shields the bsck line while being decent in build up would help a lot too.

After all defense is something a coach always can and has to improve, Montella achieved a increase ln defensive stabilty, now its Gattuso's to get back there and improve it further

Last edited:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
He isn't playing better than any of his "mediocre partners".
That's the problem.

He actually is playing much better.

I'll give it 2 or 3 more reds before that point gets across. Or maybe it wont and people will start blaming Gattuso by then.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Agree on the leadership but the other defenders aren't that bad, we will not find a better left footed CB than Romagnoli who is willing to join us.
Zapata is easier to upgrade but not a bad fit for the role of the physical CB.

Let's not forget the DM in the equation, a van Bommel typ who really shields the bsck line while being decent in build up would help a lot too.

After all defense is something a coach always can and has to improve, Montella achieved a increase ln defensive stabilty, now its Gattuso's to get back there and improve it further

Agreed on the Van B type of player :thumbsup:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Leonardo Bonucci Thread

I'll give it 2 or 3 more reds before that point gets across. Or maybe it wont and people will start blaming Gattuso by then.

He is actually NOT
Though very good last two performances against torino and dog shit bonavento.. hope it continues like that

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta

give it how many reds you want. what someone does in one minute doesnt make them worse than bonucci, if what they do for the other 89 mins of regular time is exactly what bonucci is doing, or even better.

This is how your reasoning would work.

"bonucci is actually fucking horrible.

giphy.gif

I'll give it 2 to 3 more fuck ups like the one above before that point gets across."

See how stupid that sounds now?

oh and btw, based on entire games played, bonucci is as mediocre as the rest of our defense.

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Whats with the sad lives here critisizing our best player:lol:

That guy above me showing a gif but failing to add that capitano beasted that game after this mistake.

But tben again, what do you guys expect from Bonucci alone? Without a proper coach, proper team chemistry, etc...

Expecting them to be machines without committing errors? We arent playing Fifa here..
These are humans on the field.. i know it seems weird from your television but they actually are just like you and me with pros and cons but nah... we paid 40 m i expect a machine

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn't expect a machine.
I expected a defender at least half as good as he was at Juve / Italy NT.

Our defense concede 20 goals in 15 matches. Definitely didn't expect this.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
To not acknowledge that has improved in the last 5 or so games is unfair to Bonucci, and probably shows that you are pushing an agenda and falling into the nonsensical Bonucci vs Romagnoli lovers/haters that has happened over the season. Keep up the improvement Bonucci, we need you at your best for us to do anything this season.

Schedule