Leonardo Thread

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
i wonder if this comment about pato had to do with the pass pippo could/should have made to him during the second half of the game against bologna. pippo took a shot and it was blocked and he got ahold of the ball again and pato was wide open infront of the goal...but pippo took a second shot instead of passing and his shot hit the goal post.

while i don't blame him for taking the shot, pato was yelling for the ball because he was totally unguarded infront of the goal. i can imagine he was somewhat upset for not receiving a pass from pippo given the obvious advantage he had at the time

If the pressure on Pato continues, he'll soon became a rebel.

Balbinka6000

Primavera
Reaction score
I am wondering does Leo really sets our tactics or its all M. Tasotti work - we changed coach but we play mutation of Carlo system, with Carlo team selection and similiar subs.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
I am wondering does Leo really sets our tactics or its all M. Tasotti work - we changed coach but we play mutation of Carlo system, with Carlo team selection and similiar subs.

WHAT???????????????????????

wait a sec....

carlo would never bring on abate + ronie + hunter if we are loosing...

he may bring on janku + ambro + ronie...

gimme a break mate...leonardos subs yesterday were perfect....

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
Inter in 5 games has 12 goals. Milan in 5 games has 3 goals.
!!!!!!!!!

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone

Leo tried to change the system on the pre-season it doesn't really work, so he has to adapt with the teams game first as he doesn't have the players needed for his type of 4-3-3 game..
Is it so hard to understand that it is not easy to changed a team that has been set up for more than 5 years!!! and playing the same kind of system especially with not much change on the line up..
Every coach that arrives usually ask for players that suits his character and Leo barely had any:o:o:o
He is forced to adapt to the team with little bit adjustment here and there in times changes will be seen, but with the irrelevant blaming on him by people there is possibility of not seeing that changes that Leo will make..
He was left with a has been squad... he is trying to make them motivated again, but it's not easy and it's only 5 games for a rookie coach
HE is smart but He's no GOD

genc

Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini - Boban - Van Basten - Nesta - Ronaldo - Ronaldinho
Leo tried to change the system on the pre-season it doesn't really work, so he has to adapt with the teams game first as he doesn't have the players needed for his type of 4-3-3 game..
Is it so hard to understand that it is not easy to changed a team that has been set up for more than 5 years!!! and playing the same kind of system especially with not much change on the line up..
Every coach that arrives usually ask for players that suits his character and Leo barely had any:o:o:o
He is forced to adapt to the team with little bit adjustment here and there in times changes will be seen, but with the irrelevant blaming on him by people there is possibility of not seeing that changes that Leo will make..
He was left with a has been squad... he is trying to make them motivated again, but it's not easy and it's only 5 games for a rookie coach
HE is smart but He's no GOD

I almost completely agree with you expect for some selection choices

Oddo over Abbate thats was bullshit in one hand u have a finished unmotivated looser of a player and at the other a young explosive very motivated young man and that made us pay with 3 points in my opinion cuz oddo kept udine player onside on the goal the whole dfence moved expect for him !

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
I almost completely agree with you expect for some selection choices

Oddo over Abbate thats was bullshit in one hand u have a finished unmotivated looser of a player and at the other a young explosive very motivated young man and that made us pay with 3 points in my opinion cuz oddo kept udine player onside on the goal the whole dfence moved expect for him !

Abate is still very new at RB there will the same critics on him if Abate fail to play well against Udinese, Oddo was pretty decent against Marseille that's why Leo choose him IMO..
Leo will learn from his mistakes and maybe Oddo won't play a big part again.. plus to be fair to Leo, he actually already forced Oddo out, but since he is still here, It would be more painful to see Oddo sit and get paid without doing nothing:o

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Leo doesn't seem to be learning though, that is the problem.

We played well when he moved Pirlo, but we all know that he won't start a game like this.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
People give a break to LEO; he has no other players to select them and make a decent squad; and over that he can't take a risk and let youngster player do the job; B&G will not allow him to do that.

He try his best to do something and add method to this group and find solutions; but I can't blame him for anything unless one; he need to convince the management that our young Lads are the only hopes for Milan in this current period; and our Guards can not take Long Season games anymore, and some of them are under retirement status (Kaladze, Oddo, Zambro, Favalli, ect...)

He suppose to find a balance formation of Young Players and Old Ones; and only use the guard for the critical moments in the game.

I can accept a team that want to build it self step by step in Logic way with clear Identity and clear Visions; what Milan Management try to do is to hide its team weakness under the Old Champions Players, and try to foul the Fans with that.

The Management are not trying to face the reality and make trust for the Youngster that they already build its skills and football methods...

Again, as Milan Fans, We want to see a real logic mixture between Old and New Players with less depends on the Oldies one.

We want to know the Identity of this Team when it play inside the Field.

We want to see players COMPLETE a tactical sentences and show it styles inside the field.

at this period Milan can't purchase any new player till the Winter Season is Open; so let us give a full chance to (Abate, Antonini, Borriello, De Gennaro, Strasser, Huntlaar, Pato) at this moments.

i think there are no excuse the management for not going in this Plan at all; what ever it is happening there are no excuses anymore that Milan Fans can swallow it.....

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
WE LACK THE FINAL SPARK
9/24/2009 12:09:00 AM

"From the game point of view, we saw a better Milan side than the one of Livorno. The draw would have been the fairest result, but we must score more". It's the lucid analysis of coach Leonardo.

MILAN - These are the declarationsof coach Leonardo at the end of Udinese-Milan 1-0: "What we lack is the final spark. With regards to the ball possession, the position of the players on the pitch was right. We lack the final metres, in the finishing phase. In my opinion the draw would have been fairer: it's true, in the first half we did not create many goal scoring chances, but until their goal we did not even allow anything. In the second half, then, we created something. We have proven a lot of will to score, therefore from the game point ofview it went better than at Livorno. Now we must work on the movements, on speeing up the final move. The standings are short, the problm is not the amount of points we have in five matchdays, but that we must score more goals."

Edit:- We knew that from the first couple games; for god sake stop supporting and covering the Management Ideas.

Last edited:

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leo doesn't seem to be learning though, that is the problem.

We played well when he moved Pirlo, but we all know that he won't start a game like this.

I'm sure he did, but the problem is our players is not playing consistently one day someone plays amazing on the next match he is shit.. for a rookie it's hard to keep on changing players position and styles each time..:head::head:
I'm giving Leo a break here simply because the guy is a rookie!!! it's not all his fault!
Be reasonable, five games for a rookie needs an understanding, if he had half of tha players he wanted Leo would probably do better than this..

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I remember having a discussion about compilations with Nielsenb41. Though it's not really well done from editing point of view I think it's special because the footage is rare and performance was world-beating. Here's Zico vs Liverpool:

What does this have to do with Leo? Well Zico seems to have pretty similar hair in that video. I think that may be the real reason(Zico is his hair-hero) Leonardo wants us to play like 1982 Brazil.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score

3snapshot20090925214737.png

http://rapidshare.com/files/285089665/Uefa_mag_9-25-09.m4v

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
Leonardo :

Ronaldinho : tactically I see a little as a second toe and a little as half Punta: are not 10 meters in more or less to make a difference to weigh samples. So you just talk about ballot with Pato or with someone else, is not just a question tactic if am a player or another, behind c is also all the work week, and the week of one may be different from that of other

=====================================

Huntelaar : clear that a player again, with certain characteristics, has more easy to enter a team that already runs. In this case, instead, it takes time. He is a man region, has many resources in concluding stage, when both he and his classmates will in a position to speak for as knows how to do, it will unlock and will be very, very important for us. Certainly here in forward will have its opportunities and will be even more frequent ".

======================================

Thiago silva & borrielo : On the recovery of two Silva and BORRIELLO-\ "now we know that the problem of which he suffers two Silva is one stretching. will revert probably only after the break. Instead BORRIELLO will return to work with us from Monday \ ".

===================================

Pato : On the renewal and the time of Pato-Pato is a player very important for this team, has only just over 20 years and a career before. It is not a promise but is already a reality. restate the contract has meaning give a nice sign of continuity, Show that it wants thinking about the future. In more, Alexandre has become a man market, therefore we have this safety was important. Pato is not a case, is good physically, we must only try to put it in the best conditions to express his talent. It calls so much, it is true, must get used to his new role , but has the personality sufficient to deal well this situation.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leonardo :

Ronaldinho : tactically I see a little as a second toe and a little as half Punta: are not 10 meters in more or less to make a difference to weigh samples. So you just talk about ballot with Pato or with someone else, is not just a question tactic if am a player or another, behind c is also all the work week, and the week of one may be different from that of other

Huntelaar : clear that a player again, with certain characteristics, has more easy to enter a team that already runs. In this case, instead, it takes time. He is a man region, has many resources in concluding stage, when both he and his classmates will in a position to speak for as knows how to do, it will unlock and will be very, very important for us. Certainly here in forward will have its opportunities and will be even more frequent ".

Thiago silva & borrielo : On the recovery of two Silva and BORRIELLO-\ "now we know that the problem of which he suffers two Silva is one stretching. will revert probably only after the break. Instead BORRIELLO will return to work with us from Monday \ ".

Pato : On the renewal and the time of Pato-Pato is a player very important for this team, has only just over 20 years and a career before. It is not a promise but is already a reality. restate the contract has meaning give a nice sign of continuity, Show that it wants thinking about the future. In more, Alexandre has become a man market, therefore we have this safety was important. Pato is not a case, is good physically, we must only try to put it in the best conditions to express his talent. It calls so much, it is true, must get used to his new role , but has the personality sufficient to deal well this situation.
Don't use google translate, it might as well be posted in Italian.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Leonardo :

Source for this?

Don't use google translate, it might as well be posted in Italian.

:D

saby

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
MILAN - Here are the declarations made by coach Leonardo today ahead of Milan-Bari, posticipated match of the 6th matchday of the league.

ON THE CONTRACT RENEWAL AND PATO'S MOMENT - 'Pato is a very important player for this team, he's only 20 years old and a whole career ahead of him. He's not a promise, but a reality. Renewing his contract meant giving a good signal of continuity, it means we are thinking about the future. Also, Alexandre has become a marketable player, so for us having this security was important. Pato is not a 'case', he's doing well physically, we just have to try to put him in the best conditions to express his talent. We are asking a lot of him, it's true, he has to get used to this new 'role', but he has enough personality to handle this situation well."

ON THE GOALSCORING DIFFICULTIES - 'We are lacking in our final touches, in the sense that we have to find the ability to score even if we aren't playing too well. Three goals in five matches are few, but we have to be calm because we have the resources. What we are lacking now is a playing style that also gives support when we have to shoot. In the last weeks we've worked a lot to find compactness especially in defence and midfield. In attack, it's true, we have to refine some mechanisms, but without revolutions. We have to find more space, try to get out of the players marking us, trying to find alternatives to find goals. Our characteristic is always to arrive into the area with the ball, but if our opponents allow it we will also start shooting from outside the area more. This can be a solution. But there is no attacking problem.'

ON BARI - 'They're a good team, with great personality and fast players, who play a lot on the wings. Away from home they are dangerous, we have to be careful. The one against Bari is a match we have to get three points from, also for ourselves. From this point of view it's similar to last Sunday's match against Bologna.'

ON THE TEAM'S MOMENT - 'We've had highs and lows, but the basis of this team is great, we re-organising ourselves and that's why I'm very calm. The standings are very close, good results will help us grow and I'm confident this will happen. Enthusiasm and group spirit aren't lacking, it's just that often we struggle to invert the tendency in difficult moments. To get out of difficult situations the road to follow is to play well, and have organisation, which is what we are working on. But it's certainly not a lack of motivation. Maybe some of our opponents have more resources, are doing better, and are favorites also because they are coming off more recent victories: while we are rebuilding. Let's be calm, and think only about us, about growing, and sharpen the weapons we have to compete. This is an expert team, with great individual qualities. We can't be desperate, all we have to do is to handle the different situations well.'

ON RONALDINHO - 'Tactically I see him both as a playmaker and a second striker: 10 meters more or less don't make a difference for champions like that. So let's stop talking about a competition with Pato or whoever else, it's not just a tactical question whether I use one player or another, there's also a lot of work done during the week, and the week of one player can be different to that of another.'

ON HUNTELAAR - 'It's clear that a new player, with certain characteristics, has more ease to insert himself in a team that already works. In this case, more time is necessary. He is a man who plays inside the area, he has many abilities in the conclusive phase, when both him and his team mates will put him in the condition to do what he's able to do, he will unblock himself and become really important to us. Certainly from now on he will have his chances and they will come more often.'

ON THE RECOVERY OF THIAGO SILVA AND BORRIELLO - 'Now we know that Thiago Silva's problem is a strain. He will probably return only after the international break. Meanwhile Borriello he will get back to work with us on Monday.'

acmilan.com

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ah yes, see it now.

My internet seems to have a problem with refreshing pages everytime you go back and visit them. If I leave this forum for one hour, and then come back to it, it will be exactly the same as when I left it, even if new posts have been made in that time.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Though it's not really well done from editing point of view I think it's special because the footage is rare and performance was world-beating. Here's Zico vs Liverpool:

Wow, he's more elegant then any other player I've ever seen, and I don't mean the hair. My God, he's good, and exactly the type of no 10 player I like.:star::star::star::star::star:
Thanks for the video. I never knew he was that good. Honestly, I prefer him to Maradona, in terms of style.

On Leo, I wish him all the best, but I don't really think he can pull it off with the team he's got. Without any winter signings...

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leo: 'We deserve your insults'

Leonardo holds his hands up after a dismal 0-0 with Bari that saw Milan jeered off the pitch. “We deserve those insults.”

The Rossoneri have scored only three goals in Serie A this season and amassed eight points, just one more than tonight’s newly-promoted opponents.

“Bari played very, very well and we struggled a great deal,” confessed the Brazilian Coach.

“At the end of the day the jeers or applause is always deserved and we deserve those insults.”

Marco Storari’s heroics prevented the Galletti from grabbing a shock victory at San Siro, while Ronaldinho and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar were again disappointing.

“Bari based a lot of their play down the wings and did really well. At the end of the day we have to be happy with the work we did in defence, as we risked losing this game.

“It’s true that we find it very difficult to create scoring opportunities, so it’s only normal the fans want to see a positive result at San Siro.

“We had the motivation tonight, but just couldn’t seem to create chances.”

Milan’s next test is also in this stadium for Wednesday’s Champions League tie with FC Zurich.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
you are so gone, we dont have enough players with us but your job to maximize the potential of it not putting a fucking xmas tree with all the oldies available in the world :eek:

come on leo decide on something and stick to it.

best of luck but i think you will lose job after real merda murder us in san siro

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Its not a question of him picking the wrong players ... but him picking a system that works best for the squad at his disposal. This squad can provide better results than they have done this season ... he just hasn't found the right formula, and the longer this search goes on, the more nervous or unsure of himself Leo seems to get.

He's got to settle down and calmly work with Tassoti tactically as fast as they possibly can. Not an easy task under all this pressure.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Leonardo Searching For Answers Following Milan’s Disappointing Draw To Bari
The Rossoneri lost further ground on their rivals, with another poor performance.

Sep 27, 2009 10:35:35 PM

Milan were held to a disappointing scoreless draw to Bari earlier tonight, to continue their woes this season under coach Leonardo, who had no answer for his side’s performance after its completion.

“Bari played very well, and we really struggled against them,” Leonardo explained to Sky in a post-match interview.

“They have a game based on their wings, and again, they played their game very well. In the end, we must be happy with the work of our defensive players, because we almost lost this match.

“You play so many games in a season, so we have an opportunity to make up for this performance in a few days time.”

Incredibly, the Rossoneri have failed to score in four of their six league encounters this term, and according to goals scored thus far, only the bottom two clubs in Atalanta and Livorno have scored less.

He continued, “We do struggle to create scoring chances, and it is normal for the fans to want more from us.

“The motivation to do better is there, but we just could not create anything tonight.”

Milan host Zurich midweek in the Champions League, before an interesting trip to Bergamo to take on Atalanta next weekend.

Adrian Del Monte, Goal.com

Schedule