0-4
Higuain x2
Suso
Bonaventura

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Cagliari aint no sassuolol, genoa or atalanta.. 3points or be sacked

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
0-4 as well.

A brace each for Higuain and Cutrone who will come on as a sub even though he will probably start against that dude-love club in EL.

Last edited:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cagiari is a 'grinta' team. IMO, their best player is their GK Cragno. I expect a win not a easy one maybe one of 2 goals of difference.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I can see Cagliari being tough to crack but once they tire in the second half, Rino will probably bring on the pace merchants on the left (Laxalt and Castillejo) to break them down. There is also the option of Cutrone, just like the last game.

Would be great to see more facets of Gattuso's tactical nous as well or maybe he'll save it for later in the season.

Once they concede and are chasing the game, it will be easy to stretch the play and I can see them losing by a few goals.

Hopefully, anyway.

Last edited:

m1lan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
They will be tough to breakdown. An early goal for us in this game would make all the difference. I'll happily take 2-0 and 3 points.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
I can see Cagliari being tough to crack but once they tire in the second half, Rino will probably bring on the pace merchants on the left (Laxalt and Castillejo) to break them down. There is also the option of Cutrone, just like the last game.

Would be great to see more facets of Gattuso's tactical nous as well or maybe he'll save it for later in the season.

Once they concede and are chasing the game, it will be easy to stretch the play and I can see them losing by a few goals.

Hopefully, anyway.

i would like to eat ice cream all day and not be sick

somethings in life is impossible

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i would like to eat ice cream all day and not be sick

somethings in life is impossible

How very droll :lol:

You may be correct and perhaps Rino has his limitations. But so far I believe this Milan may be the most attractive version of Milan that I have watched since 2009. Sure, attractive football maybe naive with poor outcomes as Leo's 4-2-fantasia proved but it doesn't have to be. I would certainly hope otherwise in this case.

I'm sure other posters are better at explaining tactics and would be able to put it in words and possibly diagrams, but I like that this Milan has clear ideas, has incisiveness and an identity. Even at this early stage of the season. This Milan passes remarkably well, presses well and if allowed to grow may be better than just good.

I much prefer this team to the timid, sterile tactics of Allegri or the frustrating lack of penetration of Mihaljovic and Montella.

Rino showed against Roma he has another gear. Maybe he's just about maxed out of ideas. Maybe he just stumbled unwittingly onto a winning idea like a gormless mutt prancing accidentally into a meat factory after hours. Only time will tell if Rino is the real deal or totally out of his element.

Personally, until proven otherwise I much prefer the narrative that Rino is more than meets the eye, much like those proverbial robots in disguise.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
As blind as AK is, what exactly could Gattuso do?

There's only so much you can do against a parked bus

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As blind as AK is, what exactly could Gattuso do?

There's only so much you can do against a parked bus

Use Bakayoko as a battering ram ala Fellaini maybe? Stretch the wings with Laxalt and Calabria overlapping the wide forwards? Higuain deep like a trequartista with Kessie and Jack bombing forward like Nocerino?

Top level football tactics are beyond me so I'll be the first to admit I don't have a clue.

Maybe someone like brk will come in with some tactical analysis closer to the game to illustrate what is possible.

Gattuso is probably waiting too and lurks on RnB to steal tactical ideas for all we know. :D

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't get cocky.
We will not automatically win because we are playing a small team.

Few games in Serie A are easy.
But if we play the way we have, we should win.

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Cagiari is a 'grinta' team. IMO, their best player is their GK Cragno. I expect a win not a easy one maybe one of 2 goals of difference.

We got the top grinta coach in serie a

Should be easy then

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Klavan was just rested for minor injury so we might have a chance.

But Ragnar will probably play next one and against us ... ��

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Hopefully Caldara starts. Even if a tough game away to a small serie a team, this game would be good to start easing him into the first eleven

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Hopefully Caldara starts. Even if a tough game away to a small serie a team, this game would be good to start easing him into the first eleven

think caldara will play in el first game for us (vs Dudelange :) 20.09) with zapata maybe.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
think caldara will play in el first game for us (vs Dudelange :) 20.09) with zapata maybe.

Did Zapata play against Pro Piacenza? Can't find the complete list of subs. Musacchio and Simic started so thinking Zapata might still be injured.

Maybe Caldara and Musacchio against Dudelange. Could be a good time for il capitano to rest.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Should be an easy victory on paper. Probably 0-2 or 0-3

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
No one needs rest already!!!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
3 points here are essential, we need to blast/coast whatever these teams that don't have top 4 ambitions.

Rack up the points, keep the pressure on.

Schedule