Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Chiellini out of quarter-finals
By Football Italia staff

Italy will have to make do without Giorgio Chiellini for their Euro 2012 quarter-final, after the defender’s thigh strain was confirmed.

The Juventus man suffered the injury during the Azzurri’s final Group C game against Republic of Ireland on Monday night, with initial fears that he had suffered a thigh strain in his left leg.

Unfortunately for the defender and for Cesare Prandelli, those fears have been confirmed after tests carried out today.

“Unfortunately they confirmed the feelings from yesterday,” chief medic Enrico Castellacci explained to reporters today.

“We tested the player with an ultrasound that showed a stretch of the first degree in the left bicep, which is a previous injury.

“The defender has already started treatment but won’t be there for France [or whichever team Italy face in the last eight].

“It is hard to forecast his recovery, we will see. It is clear though, we are in no hurry with his recovery, the player must return well.”

The player is likely to be unavailable for the duration of the tournament, as this type of injury generally takes up to 20 days to fully recover from.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
I said it before, italy are an average team, but in football sometimes average teams with luck win ;)

Italy an average team compared to who exactly? I agree they aren't a great team or a very good team but average?

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
I can't wait for this clash. Brits will have to pack their shit and go back to their shitholes. Italy to the finals! :)

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I can't wait for this clash. Brits will have to pack their shit and go back to their shitholes. Italy to the finals! :)

i agree, i want italy to pass too. :thumbsup:

AnTakTau

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Borriello, Abate, Pato, Akinfeev, El Shaarawy
Italy an average team compared to who exactly? I agree they aren't a great team or a very good team but average?

clown always be a clown. to a clown, Cassano is just a midget, cant even do a header :D

IMO, italy have a competitive team, above the average; bar any injuries.

the only lack is the finishing, which balotelli really need to sort it out.

p/s: kinda afraid of bonucci especially during counter and defending a cross.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
clown always be a clown. to a clown, Cassano is just a midget, cant even do a header :D

IMO, italy have a competitive team, above the average; bar any injuries.

the only lack is the finishing, which balotelli really need to sort it out.

p/s: kinda afraid of bonucci especially during counter and defending a cross.

It is sad they have to rely on Bonucci.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
533424_3895596442394_167623704_n.jpg

omg, I'm even more mad now. Isn't it the same referee that gave Barcelona that PK against Milan, when the ball wasn't even in play, Wolfgang Stark? :lol:

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
533424_3895596442394_167623704_n.jpg

omg, I'm even more mad now. Isn't it the same referee that gave Barcelona that PK against Milan, when the ball wasn't even in play, Wolfgang Stark? :lol:

Are you sure it was him who called foul On Nesta?

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Just checked, Bjorn Kuipers was referee that game.

Stark gave Barca a PK when Xavi in the 3-2 game in the group stages.

Schedule