The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
any coach with good common sense would never put Patrick Cutrone on the left wing, especially during derby.

:lol:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Look at the most successful managers in recent history. Conte, Pep, Zidane... not a single one of them had sufficient managerial pedigree. But all of them had one thing in common - they knew the club inside out.

I know it’s not an easy concept to discuss in the commode, but what’s far more important for a big club coach than clever tactics is a deep understanding of the club, management and fans. You couple that with adequate spending and big clubs are equipped to play in the big league.

Does Pep have a deep understanding of Manchester City??

Having one of the greatest players of all time, Modric, Bale coming off the bench, Isco, Kroos, Sergio Ramos, and so on isn’t why Zidane succeeded at Real Madrid? It’s because he had an “intimate understanding of the club”?

Conte had an intimate understanding of Chelsea, where he went and won the Premier League and FA Cup in two seasons? Or International football for that matter, where he turned a poor Italian squad into contenders?

Allegri had an “intimate understanding” of Juventus when he arrived and continued dominating Italy? Or Milan, where he won a title as well?

Please

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso is a club legend and someone I’ve loved since I first saw him play, but he isn’t fit to be the manager of AC Milan. He isn’t fit, frankly, to manage most clubs in Serie A. If, and that’s a huge if, IF we can get Jardim, Conte, or even Wenger in January, then we should absolutely do it. If not, Gattuso should be fired, an interim manager should take his position, and Leonardo and the rest of the executives should spend the next 6 months pursuing the best possible candidate.

He has not lost the squad, but it’s close. It’s not Gattuso’s fault, he was given a job he should have never been given and extended by buffoons. He did well all things considered, but he’s not up to the task.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Can someone put up a poll for next coach to sign? I really think we have 80% of the squad we need just need to add few big names. But we don't have a coach putting them all up together is the problem. I don't want to see Cutrone on the left wing anymore.

cutrone was barely even on wings yesterday. he was always moving in the center. just goes to show milan fans don't know what the fuck is even the problem is.

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
cutrone was barely even on wings yesterday. he was always moving in the center. just goes to show milan fans don't know what the fuck is even the problem is.

No fluent game, ball movement, fast game, no tactics and Calhanoglu who wears fucking 10 is the problem. Simple as that.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just look at our statistics against relegation/farmers teams. There is no excuse for our coach

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He has not lost the squad, but it’s close. It’s not Gattuso’s fault, he was given a job he should have never been given and extended by buffoons. He did well all things considered, but he’s not up to the task.

:thumbsup: It's commendable he took over from the mess Montella got us into with 3ATB. He faltered early but gave us a great start to 2018. That said, he 100% looks out of his depth now and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better.

I'm just not sure on whether it is a good idea to replace him now or keep for rest of the season. If he can't win vs SPAL after these run of poor results I say he has to go but it really depends on who else we can get.

I don't think we can pull a top coach in January other than maybe Wenger. Else we have to wait to summer. And I don't think any of the other mentioned names are top coaches nor would want to be interim til summer.

All in all, it's a gamble whether we keep Gattuso or replace him. But something needs to change for sure.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
In the event of manager change, Milan will try to appoint Arsène Wenger, who wants a long contract and a big hand on the transfer market. Otherwise, there is Roberto Donadoni, who is liked by Maldini and Francesco Guidolin, who is Scaroni's suggestion.

[@NicoSchira from GdS]

DvaWTaNXcAINQkW.jpg

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Good post. Very underrated. Local you’ll need to work with general on a come back.

He’s not investing enough in you.

I dont even know what he's saying, out of context it looks like some usual kojak post with tons of laughing smileys, im sure its as valuable in context. But yeah, I dont read him. If he means that he and his crew are still on my mind, then of course. Many posters get remembered well, like the 5-3-3 guy, vulture and others, cause trolls are entertaining and become memes.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does Pep have a deep understanding of Manchester City??

Having one of the greatest players of all time, Modric, Bale coming off the bench, Isco, Kroos, Sergio Ramos, and so on isn’t why Zidane succeeded at Real Madrid? It’s because he had an “intimate understanding of the club”?

Conte had an intimate understanding of Chelsea, where he went and won the Premier League and FA Cup in two seasons? Or International football for that matter, where he turned a poor Italian squad into contenders?

Allegri had an “intimate understanding” of Juventus when he arrived and continued dominating Italy? Or Milan, where he won a title as well?

Please

:thumbsup:
I don't care if he intimately knows all the cleaning ladies on Milanello and their daughters, the guy is not fit for the coaching job at the highest level.
His record before Milan is laughable. Anyone with half a brain could predict what was gonna happen when he was appointed.
I will say it again, he will never be a good coach. Not even if he tries his hardest for the next 50 years. Because he simply doesn't possess the tools for it.
Even Stramaccioni at Inter was better equipped to be a professional coach, and he's a nobody.
Shouldn't have been appointed in the first place, shouldn't have been extended, shouldn't have kept with him for so long.
Enough is enough. Get him out of there

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the event of manager change, Milan will try to appoint Arsène Wenger, who wants a long contract and a big hand on the transfer market. Otherwise, there is Roberto Donadoni, who is liked by Maldini and Francesco Guidolin, who is Scaroni's suggestion.

[@NicoSchira from GdS]

DvaWTaNXcAINQkW.jpg
He will fit in great with these soy girls.
9d6463349c585dc08e7f29676e39a3ad.jpg

nvdmrd

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Wenger *
If no conte then murinho/zidane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.
Juve struggled in the exact same way as Milan against Frosinone and didn't manage to find the net before the 81st minute. They are tough to break down. Who scored? Cristiano Ronaldo. We don't have the same quality and Higuain is as some has mentioned struggling both mentally and physically. I agree with necro and localhero80 among others that keeping Gattuso is the best solution for now. Let him have a go at it with a fully fit squad before letting the hammer drop. I hope neither of Conte, Wenger and Mourinho get to set their crooked feet inside Milanello.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve struggled in the exact same way as Milan against Frosinone and didn't manage to find the net before the 81st minute. They are tough to break down. Who scored? Cristiano Ronaldo. We don't have the same quality and Higuain is as some has mentioned struggling both mentally and physically. I agree with necro and localhero80 among others that keeping Gattuso is the best solution for now. Let him have a go at it with a fully fit squad before letting the hammer drop. I hope neither of Conte, Wenger and Mourinho get to set their crooked feet inside Milanello.

You conveniently ignored Inter thrashed them 3-0, stop making excuses. We didn't look bad with just Frosinone, Raz listed all the games where we drew with the minnows of the league.

I am for keeping Gattuso and give him more tools in January until a better replacement comes along, but we absolutely cannot afford to lose points any more and the situation is pretty dire. If we lose against SPAL and he comes back with the same BS, he needs to go, even if its for Donadoni at this point. I am actually surprised they aren't going in retreat training...

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Right... it's not like we need to get to the UCL at all costs, we can continue this experiment. Oh, wait, we need to reach top 4 at any cost...

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You conveniently ignored Inter thrashed them 3-0, stop making excuses. We didn't look bad with just Frosinone, Raz listed all the games where we drew with the minnows of the league.

I am for keeping Gattuso and give him more tools in January until a better replacement comes along, but we absolutely cannot afford to lose points any more and the situation is pretty dire. If we lose against SPAL and he comes back with the same BS, he needs to go, even if its for Donadoni at this point. I am actually surprised they aren't going in retreat training...

Inter played at home didn't they? Of course it is not good enough playing 0-0 away at Frosinone, but Higuain had at least two massive chances which he would have converted last year. The Juve game broke him and I fear he is beyond repair.

Last edited:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People say serie a is not competitive.

Look at us, spent 300mil cant beat shit.

On a different note. Wenger is 70. Will he make it until the end of the season?

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

Bologna was tough to break, Frosinone actually attacked us pretty well and we didnt struggle to score, we struggled to play in general.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
People say serie a is not competitive.

Look at us, spent 300mil cant beat shit.

On a different note. Wenger is 70. Will he make it until the end of the season?

what has the fucker done to get appointed as our coach? :lol: Srsly, why not get Lippi, Capello? Compared to Wenger's success theirs is even more recent

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I would rather keep Gattuso than bringing these useless managers.
The only feasible target in the market i would really like is Leonardo Jardim.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Gattuso fake fan fanboiz suggestion so far:
- famous coach won't promise anything
- after all, we can't hire them, becauss ffp
- just let this season end without even fight
- let's reset our target to be just avoiding relegation

:lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter played at home didn't they? Of course it is not good enough playing 0-0 away at Frosinone, but Higuain had at least two massive chances which he would have converted last year. The Juve game broke him and I fear he is beyond repair.

Bro, it did not just start with Frosinone.

Higuain does have weak mental strength, I have not disagreed with that point. But you can ask the exact same question that people are doing to defend Gattuso: who can we replace him with in January with no money to spend and 18m already spent for this season's loan?

I'm sorry but I just disagree with you guys here, especially with necromancer. He thought CF is our biggest problem since we had Luiz Adriano/Bacca combo even though we spend money every summer. How many more CFs do we need to buy only to spit out at lower value 1 year later to realize we need a real manager? I rather take my chances with even Donadoni or Wenger + proceed with Higuain than stay with Gattuso and get Morata :fp:

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bologna was tough to break, Frosinone actually attacked us pretty well and we didnt struggle to score, we struggled to play in general.

I disagree to an extent with your view that we struggled to create play against Frosinone. It was more a case of failing in being decisive when the opportunity arose.

Last edited:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

[@NicoSchira from GdS]

DvaWTaNXcAINQkW.jpg

I keep telling myself it won't be Wenger because this is exactly what Gazidis doesn't want - Wenger with extensive control for a long time just like before at Arsenal.

However the rumours keep coming back. Is it just lazy journalism or is there some truth to it.

No to Wenger please. And x100 if he is coming for more than 6 months and establishes another Arsenal full of Diabys, Cygans, Senderoses and Joel Campbells.

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bro, it did not just start with Frosinone.

Higuain does have weak mental strength, I have not disagreed with that point. But you can ask the exact same question that people are doing to defend Gattuso: who can we replace him with in January with no money to spend and 18m already spent for this season's loan?

I'm sorry but I just disagree with you guys here, especially with necromancer. He has asked for a different CF since we had Luiz Adriano/Bacca combo. How many more CFs do we need to buy only to spit out at lower value 1 year later to realize we need a real manager? I rather take my chances with even Donadoni or Wenger + proceed with Higuain than stay with Gattuso and get Morata :fp:

I haven't said that we should replace Higuain. I'm hoping he will rediscover himself, but I fear he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule