Coppa Italia 1/8 Finals: Milan - Torino 12/01/2021 20:45 CET

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gL-38hAQEdN-IBy6zRW_cnITsyUbCKzPdjqHaFVDEWVasHQqjublM8CnIpNLKkcKp0JghfdMpYtbPqEMpAecOuXRUpG2MxIDXHA6PZo

many subs expected from both sides
let's see how they will do

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
from wiki -
XWHrSjD.png

so 5 games in total
home torino -> away inter -> 2 games vs juve -> final
and all teams in this bracket have a similar difficult path (well our half have inter and juve, and juve have sassuolo in 1/4)

anyone knows how much money for winning from figc and tv??

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Bit annoying that this is on Tuesday and then we don't play until Monday.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Field 2nd 3rd string for this

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Tatarusanu
Conti Musacchio Kalulu Dalot
Calabria Kessie
Samu Diaz Hauge
Leao

Ibra for Leao
Hakan in case things aren't going well
Maldini cameo

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
We got a Primavera midfielder in Frigerio we can use. A rest for Kessie would be a godsend, so hopefully Frigerio from first minute. Him and Calabria in midfield? Looks horrible on paper, but we really shouldn't prioritize Coppa Italia this season.

We could've done with more midfielders available. Sadly Torino won't give us Meite before the game.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Field our bench players for this one and let the starters catch a break! Oh wait... we already are playing our bench players every single game! Ba dum tssss lol

Oh well, field primavera players then

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Field our bench players for this one and let the starters catch a break! Oh wait... we already are playing our bench players every single game! Ba dum tssss lol

Oh well, field primavera players then

Doesn't have to be that extreme lol.The likes of Tatarusanu, Conti, Kalulu, Dalot,Hauge,Daniel,Colombo don't get that many minutes so let them play.Leao if he's fit can play too.I think Ibra also keen to get a match fitness so maybe he can play 15-20 minutes.The problem is at the midfield pivot because we are very thin there...

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be that extreme lol.The likes of Tatarusanu, Conti, Kalulu, Dalot,Hauge,Daniel,Colombo don't get that many minutes so let them play.Leao if he's fit can play too.I think Ibra also keen to get a match fitness so maybe he can play 15-20 minutes.The problem is at the midfield pivot because we are very thin there...

Yeah, 20-30 minutes for Ibra in the second half would actually be beneficial. He looked fine in his cameo against Torino.

Need Meite ASAP so we can rest Kessie in these matches.

Great chance for Maldini, Hauge, Dalot, Kalulu, etc. to play with each other and get experience.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It would be a crime to play Kessie in this game.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
It would be a crime to play Kessie in this game.

I agree but on the other hand, who else can we play there? Id give Kalulu a shot but we're short in defence and that would mean Kjaer needs to start which isn't ideal either..Im guessing these will start:

Tata/Donna
Conti-Kalulu-Roma?-Dalot
Calabria-??
Samu-Diaz?/Maldini-Hauge
Leao/Colombo

So that's basically all our reserves, I only left out Musa who I don't even know if he'll play another game for us..so I reckon Kessie/Roma will play this game

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree but on the other hand, who else can we play there? Id give Kalulu a shot but we're short in defence and that would mean Kjaer needs to start which isn't ideal either..Im guessing these will start:

Tata/Donna
Conti-Kalulu-Roma?-Dalot
Calabria-??
Samu-Diaz?/Maldini-Hauge
Leao/Colombo

So that's basically all our reserves, I only left out Musa who I don't even know if he'll play another game for us..so I reckon Kessie/Roma will play this game

I would rest Calabria too. If it was up to me:

.......I spent 5 minutes trying to come up with a midfield. Can't be done. Kessie must play unfortunately.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
I would rest Calabria too. If it was up to me:

.......I spent 5 minutes trying to come up with a midfield. Can't be done. Kessie must play unfortunately.
Frigerio, Coli Saco, Di Gesu, or Mionic. Will it work though? Probably not. :lol:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Frigerio, Coli Saco, Di Gesu, or Mionic. Will it work though? Probably not. :lol:

I feel like we could use a primavera mid but it would have to be next to Kessie..think Frank needs to play regardless, Id also play Calabria and then rest him vs Cagliari (1 card away from suspension) so he can play vs Atalanta

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
These players should be rested tbh

Calabria
Kjaer
Theo
Kessie
Dollar
Hakan

If things get complicated, sub in some of the starters, but I guess Torino will also play with some bench players, so hopefully our B team can take care of the business.

Sent from my CPH1861 using Tapatalk

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
These players should be rested tbh

Calabria
Kjaer
Theo
Kessie
Dollar
Hakan

If things get complicated, sub in some of the starters, but I guess Torino will also play with some bench players, so hopefully our B team can take care of the business.

so who would you play in the midfield if you wanna rest kessie and calabria? :D

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
so who would you play in the midfield if you wanna rest kessie and calabria? :D
We can try Kalulu and someone from primavera.

If shit hits the fan, then bring in the starters.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Kalulu and Musacchio/Duarte

Duarte is gone.

Also if you play Kalulu in the midfield, you're a CB short if you field Musa..I think Kessie, Calabria and Romagnoli will all play, maybe just 1 half or something but we just don't have any other options..and I don't think Pioli will field any primavera players considering none of them have gotten any minutes in any other matches (apart from Colombo and Daniel)

sheva-pippo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Duarte is gone.

Also if you play Kalulu in the midfield, you're a CB short if you field Musa..I think Kessie, Calabria and Romagnoli will all play, maybe just 1 half or something but we just don't have any other options..and I don't think Pioli will field any primavera players considering none of them have gotten any minutes in any other matches (apart from Colombo and Daniel)
I really wanted Kessie and Calabria to get rest but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Let's see what Pioli does about the team selection.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Ref: VALERI
Fassone: ROCCA – PAGLIARDINI
IV: FOURNEAU
VAR: BANTI
AVAR: PAGANESSI

After the 2-0 defeat at San Siro last weekend, the Granata prepare for their second match against Milan in few days and Giampaolo has suggested he will make changes.

“We need to recover energy,” Giampaolo told Rai Sport. “We don’t change only for this, but to be competitive.”

“Moving forward in these competitions is important, we certainly don’t underestimate it.”

Giampaolo said he has not decided if captain Andrea Belotti will start against the Rossoneri in the Coppa Italia.

“For Gallo, I will decide tomorrow,” he said, before he spoke about Daniele Baselli, who has recovered from injury.

“We have no references for the midfielder. He didn’t play any friendly matches, but I can grant him some time and then we will understand who will play in the League, because [Tomas] Rincon is disqualified

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Should be a difficult match, I hope Milan don't underestimate it but I'd like to see us grind out yet another win.

I have a feeling it will go down to extra time or penalties.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Should be a difficult match, I hope Milan don't underestimate it but I'd like to see us grind out yet another win.

I have a feeling it will go down to extra time or penalties.

I hope not.. i hope milan win in 90 mins plz

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Usually, I'd be more pumped for this but given our number of injuries I just want no one winding up being unavailable for the Cagliari game.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I honestly wouldnt play any of Ibra, Kessie, Theo, Hakan, Leao and Calabria from the get go.

I still remember the TSilly injury from the Roma game years ago. Basically fucked up our Scudetto hopes.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I honestly wouldnt play any of Ibra, Kessie, Theo, Hakan, Leao and Calabria from the get go.

I still remember the TSilly injury from the Roma game years ago. Basically fucked up our Scudetto hopes.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

That was a coppa game, wasn't it?

Schedule