Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
monty has similar characteristics of pirlo we are missing now (vision, passing, positioning, control) but he also has the qualities allegri wants and didn't find in pirlo anymore (more industry, stronger and faster physically, better defensive cover), and as a bonus, he has a better shot.

Poor man's bread.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
has Honda gone to the EPL yet?

We wont get him though, he's non EU and it looks like Ganso will get that in January...

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
its a huge joke and a shame that montolivo's talent doesnt get respected.
im saying this now! if he comes to milan, he will become a legend!! mark my words

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
im saying this now! if he comes to milan, he will become a legend!! mark my words

Agreed.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I'm sure if we actually did some research into the ages of those not getting what Monty would bring to Milan it would be young... He's not a gold star signing who they'll get his name on their shirt so they dont want him. They only want whatever player the media is whoring about this week!

El Sharaawy gets a better reception than a current Italian international, a player ready now to make the step up and fits exactly what we need in midfield :fp:

BerluBungaBunga

Il Capitano
Reaction score
has Honda gone to the EPL yet?

We wont get him though, he's non EU and it looks like Ganso will get that in January...

He is still in CSKA but soon he will sign for some other club (my opinion). He is 25 and he need to go to another level and i hope he chose a good club for him( not Balckburn).

Monty + Honda = Very good mercato for us,but that's not going to happend as you said our non-eu place is reserved for Ganso.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm sure if we actually did some research into the ages of those not getting what Monty would bring to Milan it would be young... He's not a gold star signing who they'll get his name on their shirt so they dont want him. They only want whatever player the media is whoring about this week!

El Sharaawy gets a better reception than a current Italian international, a player ready now to make the step up and fits exactly what we need in midfield :fp:

true, a sqaud cant have gold star signings in every possition though. this is how madrid suffers, monto is exactly teh kind of player we need to stay under the radar, doesnt be so flashy but really contribute to the team.

BerluBungaBunga

Il Capitano
Reaction score
true, a sqaud cant have gold star signings in every possition though. this is how madrid suffers, monto is exactly teh kind of player we need to stay under the radar, doesnt be so flashy but really contribute to the team.

If we get a WC player for LCM then he will be squad player but now i see him as a player in the first 11.

He can bring us more than anyone else in the team on that LCM role and when Fiorentina was a club with a good coach(Prandeli) and had ambitions Montolivo was a great player,he was playing good in CL too.
I hope we dont miss this oportunity,he is cheap and he will perfectly fit in our midfield.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

Madrid suffers because they have "gold star" players in every position?

What?

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Madrid suffers because they have "gold star" players in every position?

What?

I'd say he was meaning that Real actually suffer from having too many stars in the team. Mou is the best guy to foil all the ego's and behind the scene primadonna shit, but till him most managers have found regular success with a team of new star toys hard.

Milan has always had true stars, but has been more about having a team, a squad, a unity of players... Ego's soon fall by the weighside at Milan.

Monty isn't the World name some might want, but since we're building a new squad,bringing in 3 massive names with massive ego's might not be the best route to take?

Now I'm just saying what I think he ment...

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'd say he was meaning that Real actually suffer from having too many stars in the team. Mou is the best guy to foil all the ego's and behind the scene primadonna shit, but till him most managers have found regular success with a team of new star toys hard.

Milan has always had true stars, but has been more about having a team, a squad, a unity of players... Ego's soon fall by the weighside at Milan.

Monty isn't the World name some might want, but since we're building a new squad,bringing in 3 massive names with massive ego's might not be the best route to take?

Now I'm just saying what I think he ment...

yeha thats what i meant to say, for example say we bought pastore and fabregas and say hamsik. it would be way too much indivual talent in the team to acutally gel together and have good teamwork.
monty would be a good buy in this sense becuase he obvs has the talent, he just needs a more united and technially better team around him, which milan i think would really provide

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
yeha thats what i meant to say, for example say we bought pastore and fabregas and say hamsik. it would be way too much indivual talent in the team to acutally gel together and have good teamwork.
monty would be a good buy in this sense becuase he obvs has the talent, he just needs a more united and technially better team around him, which milan i think would really provide

How can you suffer from too much talent? What do you mean individual talent? Everyone has individual talent...

Are you confusing talent with an inability to play with a team?

Even then, in what way have any of those players ever shown the can't play as a team?

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How can you suffer from too much talent? What do you mean individual talent? Everyone has individual talent...

Are you confusing talent with an inability to play with a team?

Even then, in what way have any of those players ever shown the can't play as a team?

I think speaking for him he's saying if we bought the biggest stars out there like many on here want us to do we'd have issues... If we got Messi, Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney et all, it would be too much for the coaches and dressing room. You cant have enough talent, but many on here translate whats best for the team as the being the biggest media story rather than whats actually good for the team. Monty isn't a huge star but is a decent player so therefore will do well for us. He's not the media darling that many want, because of this he's deemed shit by some!

Teams need stars, team players, squad players and players that simply get on with it, everyone knows there places, thats why one player who is more important wont complain that Flamini is on double his wages. We need balance on the pitch and in the dressing room...Low media exposure and youtube hits doesn't mean a player is shit!

Last edited:

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
Monty + a world class CAM or we shouldn't even think about wining the CL. Even with two good signings in the midfield, CL would be very difficult.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
If you realistically look at it... It's true...

Montolivo and WC CAM would be still very difficult and hard for us to win CL...

When Teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Possibly Man Shitty are better then you...

We should just aim at the Serie A title and the Cup...

Easy Double there if we focus on it...

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
If you realistically look at it... It's true...

Montolivo and WC CAM would be still very difficult and hard for us to win CL...

When Teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Possibly Man Shitty are better then you...

We should just aim at the Serie A title and the Cup...

Easy Double there if we focus on it...

Realisticly speaking, what you say is logical. But then, this mentality is not for a club like ours. We are football royalty. We must expect to win everything every time we set a foot on the pitch.

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
You know what angers me the most. It is that B&G have developed a nasty habit. They never complete our squad. We need a few touches and we can go for CL. We pulled off some nice signings like the incredible Zlatan Ibrahimovic himself. One of the most talented players of our times and Milan's history. We also got Robinho and Cass while having Pato. Defense has two gems in Nesta and Silva. We have a squad with all the backbone and foundation we need to dominate. JUST COMPLETE THE DAMN MIDFIELD BALDIES!! If not, then, why bother buy Ibra or anyone else for that matter. Why do anything if you're not gonna aim for the top, especially when you run an intity like Milan.

We need a complete squad for CL. We are not that far behind. We should complete this potentially great squad.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I am kind of pissed off little bit, we dont have a leader in the midfield right now, we should have had alpha midfielder by now, van Bommel is an extension of Silva Nesta branch of defense anchor wall thing. After shevchenko we never had a leader in attack and it was under performing till ibra cameby. In defense Maldini admirably stood for an injured nesta as leader in his last year[I am talking about paolo in twilight who was a shadow of his formerself] then the brasilian number 33 cameby

In goal keeping area it was a fucking chaos, Dida fucking around, kalac starting, abbiatti being insecure now Abbiatti is lord over there and we are fine.

We should be looking for a ace in the midfield, gattuso ambrosini seedorf they are expired , they will be the elderly statesmen and spokesperson/mentor/life coach whatever shit but we need a man in the midfield. Boa is fucking out of his mind if he thinks he is something with that kind of discipline and consistency.
I wont mind montoliva man hasnt done anything great yet but he being the general in florence and have a good technique will surely a cheap solution for a leader in the LCM position but he is the last resort. I believe in berlusconi and hope we sign a world class player to fight for our ambitions else Stephan El Shaarawy in we trust.

Last edited:

zizousama

Milanisti Forever
Reaction score
I am kind of pissed off little bit, we dont have a leader in the midfield right now, we should have had alpha midfielder by now, van Bommel is an extension of Silva Nesta branch of defense anchor wall thing. After shevchenko we never had a leader in attack and it was under performing till ibra cameby. In defense Maldini admirably stood for an injured nesta as leader in his last year[I am talking about paolo in twilight who was a shadow of his formerself] then the brasilian number 33 cameby

In goal keeping area it was a fucking chaos, Dida fucking around, kalac starting, abbiatti being insecure now Abbiatti is lord over there and we are fine.

We should be looking for a ace in the midfield, gattuso ambrosini seedorf they are expired , they will be the elderly statesmen and spokesperson/mentor/life coach whatever shit but we need a man in the midfield. Boa is fucking out of his mind if he thinks he is something with that kind of discipline and consistency.
I wont mind montoliva man hasnt done anything great yet but he being the general in florence and have a good technique will surely a cheap solution for a leader in the LCM position but he is the last resort. I believe in berlusconi and hope we sign a world class player to fight for our ambitions else Stephan El Shaarawy in we trust.

Agreed. In fact I wouldn't mind El Sharaawy to be our AM (IF) he was chosen for his talent like Kaka or Messi. However, Stephan most likely needs time to develop into a WC leader and center of the midfield. Right now, sadly, we have no top AM basically. No one to guide Stephen and allow him to develp in a healthy manner. We need a WC AM right now.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Galliani loves this club more than anyone else. And that's why he knows these problems better than any of us. And that's why he has probably signed Fabregas already, and possibly Montolivo or Kaka as well.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Nassi: "Going to Milan may be a risk for Montolivo" 29/07/2011 19:00

"Going to Milan may be a risk for Montolivo"

Former Fiorentina's sporting director, Claudio Nassi, interviewed 360 degrees from "Violanews.com" on the situation of the club's Valley, also addresses the case Montolivo, on which states: "According to me if he left Florence Montolivo makes a big mistake , in Florence is a sample while in Milan it would only be a good player. Risk of being lost, I would choose Florence to life. "

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Galliani loves this club more than anyone else. And that's why he knows these problems better than any of us. And that's why he has probably signed Fabregas already, and possibly Montolivo or Kaka as well.

don't exagerate too much, G is the best man for milan

but he's also a cheap ass

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

f** Nassi, if they actually want their players to succeed and add some class to the nazionale then they should want a player like montolivo to jump at a chance like this, to go to a top tier team where we have a starting spot open. it's not like he's goig to have t battle with 5 guys for a spot like cassano has to, he is guaranteed since we lack a player of his characteristics right now.

also, if it comes down to montolivo v. aquilaini I would prefer montolivo. i think he has more presence and charisma and he's a better player defensively too. plus, if you can captain a team then that goes for something too.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
lol 'going to milan may be a risk'; sums up ENTIRE PROBLEM with italian national team.

I'm not saying montolivo is world class, but he'll never get the chance to prove it until he gets a chance to play for world class club which means milan or (sadly) inter or outside italY atm. This isn't just him, it's criscito, it's bocchetti, it's so many players who are comparable to spanish or german counterparts at 18-22 and fall behind.

Prandelli sums up the problem.... telling Cassano to go to fiorentina. Yeah genius you dumb fuck. Tell your most TALENTED player to give up motivation to earn a first team spot at milan (something he's CAPABLE OF IF MOTIVATED) to go to a midtable club where he doesn't have to work hard.

i'm not an azzuri fan nor hater, but if i was an azzuri faithful, i'd hate this. Italy won world cup based on a team of 9-10 players based in milan/jube... 2 of top 5/6 clubs in world at the time. Players like pirlo, gattuso, buffon, cannavaro... players who were ucl mainstays. Look at spain... same shit. If you want to compete on national team level, your players need to be playing at highest levels.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
lol 'going to milan may be a risk'; sums up ENTIRE PROBLEM with italian national team.

I'm not saying montolivo is world class, but he'll never get the chance to prove it until he gets a chance to play for world class club which means milan or (sadly) inter or outside italY atm. This isn't just him, it's criscito, it's bocchetti, it's so many players who are comparable to spanish or german counterparts at 18-22 and fall behind.

Prandelli sums up the problem.... telling Cassano to go to fiorentina. Yeah genius you dumb fuck. Tell your most TALENTED player to give up motivation to earn a first team spot at milan (something he's CAPABLE OF IF MOTIVATED) to go to a midtable club where he doesn't have to work hard.

i'm not an azzuri fan nor hater, but if i was an azzuri faithful, i'd hate this. Italy won world cup based on a team of 9-10 players based in milan/jube... 2 of top 5/6 clubs in world at the time. Players like pirlo, gattuso, buffon, cannavaro... players who were ucl mainstays. Look at spain... same shit. If you want to compete on national team level, your players need to be playing at highest levels.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Thats exactly why I support his move to Milan, and he has mature character on the field and thats what we need.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
f** Nassi, if they actually want their players to succeed and add some class to the nazionale then they should want a player like montolivo to jump at a chance like this, to go to a top tier team where we have a starting spot open. it's not like he's goig to have t battle with 5 guys for a spot like cassano has to, he is guaranteed since we lack a player of his characteristics right now.

also, if it comes down to montolivo v. aquilaini I would prefer montolivo. i think he has more presence and charisma and he's a better player defensively too. plus, if you can captain a team then that goes for something too.

:star::star:

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
lol 'going to milan may be a risk'; sums up ENTIRE PROBLEM with italian national team

:thumbsup: terribly true and i'd even go further : thats what ruins the entire italian football.

...and having De laurentis the (fucktard) film producer wont help.

:fp: