galliani letting off steam --- what the f***?????

is galliani the real evil and should he get the boot?

• 100% YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • you are nuts, he wants nothing but the best for milan!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
GALLIANI: 'I want to speak with the players'
08/25/2003 09:35

MILAN - 'Corriere della Sera' reports some statements by Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani: 'That's enough! I want to speak with the players and for this reason tomorrow I'll move to Milanello. We can't go on like this. I want to understand what is happening because it is evident that there is something which doesn't add up here.'

the only thing that doesn't add up here in my not so humble opinion is galliani's ridiculous transfer campaign this summer and its effects, combined with the aftermath of last season's probs... :o :o :o

THeJaMmi1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ridiculous transfer campaign; but signing 2 world cup winners and a RB/LB with one of these world cup winners being an amazing talent...

just chill we dont need so much; all we need is a new template adapting the way we play!

and besides every year around this time of the mercato season everyone is pissed off by galliani saying he is rubbish and slagging him off ettc, but every year he acquires a coup d'etat which every one then applaudes him for!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Sonny I agree with what you said, but what's with him so angry all of the sudden and wants to have a talk with the players :conf:
This is an important time for us and since we (The fans) are trying to keep calm and not cause any confusion, then that's the least that he can do!!!
This is really wierd, Galliani's mad?!! :eek: :conf:
It just doesn't fit :tongue:

Maldini3

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Old Man
maybe he met Sensi this morning , Sensi said sumthing that pissed him off LOL :D who knows? :tongue:

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
This is just a stupid, pathetic post, not to mention the vote!! :mad:

Our transfer campaign may not have been as spectacular as the last couple of years but maybe you would rather just have the club buy, buy, buy untill we end up like Lazio: In heavy debt and with all the big names leaving.

Galliani certainly can´t be blamed for the players under-achieving in pre season..... which by the way mean absolutly NOTHING if they just hit their best form as of Aug. 29!

If anyone should be blamed it´s the people who does´nt support the players and club when things are not going as well as last season!!

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Vernetti said:
Galliani certainly can´t be blamed for the players under-achieving in pre season..... which by the way mean absolutly NOTHING if they just hit their best form as of Aug. 29!

If anyone should be blamed it´s the people who does´nt support the players and club when things are not going as well as last season!!

I have similar feelings.And to add its just matter of finding right combinations on the pitch.I mean we are trying to field every one on the pitch before season actually begins.For the sake of practice and its ok.
Milan will be more and more motivated once season begins.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't attach too much importance to some disappointing pre-season results either... Yet apparently Galliani has reason to worry, Gattuso has reason to worry.... and the question should be allowed if + how you think this negative tendency can be reversed within only a few days.

Galliani's (Milan's) transfer campaign so far has been laughable, there is no doubt about that. The Cafu + Pancaro signings were idiocies in my opinion, the fact that these idiocies were committed by my fave team's management doesn't make them more tolerable. :tongue:

:devil2: TOTTI TO MILAN !!! :devil2:
:devil2: PUYOL TO MILAN !!! :devil2:

hypnotize

Primavera
Reaction score
It's not an official statement made by Galliani. It's 'Corriere della Sera' statement. As usual, newspaper try to make something bigger than they are. Maybe Galliani just wanted to ask the players whether there's a problem or not. Maybe, Galliani asked for Milan players opinion about the transfer market. Surely, they'll answer "We need Puyol / Bonera". Hahahaha.... :tongue:

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
No way should he be sacked. I mean what if there is a problem within the team? you never know, and kudos to him if he is trying to sort it out. Better now than after a loss that holds meaning

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Gatorbasu said:
mellanie said:
Maldini3 said:
maybe he met Sensi this morning

and probably Sensi offered him too much Grappa! :D

Does SENSI mean Silvio Berlusconi ??? Anyway, the posting was too funnY :)
Franco Sensi, president of AS Roma (right?)

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
u don't need to blame only one man in a big club where many people handle the job (i mean president of the club, vice president, director manager, general coach, working staff and many other people who work at milan also of course the 25 player's). so if the team is not playing well maybe it's something betwen the player and the coach, maybe something betwen the coach and the vice president(galliani and carlo), maybe something about the coach and the president (u rember when silvio asked ancelloti to play two striker's, or betwen the first and the second half he started blaiming ancelloti i think it was the cl semi final agains't inter and and asking him to field serginho), player's family problem's (rivaldo had a big problem whith his wife last season wich saw him off the form), maybe the problem that milan can't score it's betwen two striker's (on this case sheva and pippo maybe they don't get well with each other u never know what hapen's behind close door's ), or who know's maybe it's the doctor's or milan lab that milan player's are geting injured two much. so who know's too many thing's hapen wich we don't know. so i don't see as a good idea to blame one man on this case galliani.

Maldini3

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Old Man
K-J said:
Franco Sensi, president of AS Roma (right?)

Yeah the man "loves" Galliani so much that rather hang himself than sell Totti to Milan :D

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
vernetti said:
Our transfer campaign may not have been as spectacular as the last couple of years but maybe you would rather just have the club buy, buy, buy untill we end up like Lazio: In heavy debt and with all the big names leaving.

in another thread you support the acquisition of puyol, have you changed your mind about buying? the point is not to buy for the sake of buying but to add quality and perspective. not all of milans transfer moves in the past were smart ones either, by the way, jose mari comes to mind, and rui costa was not exactly bang for the buck either ;)

vernetti said:

galliani is responsible for transfer activity, right? i do blame him for useless signings such as cafu and pancaro, i do blame him for holding on to rivaldo.

vernetti said:

here we go again... it's not within the fans powers to make the players play and the officials use their brains. but it is within my power to use my brain and to be outspoken and discuss my ideas and worries with other forum members - also for the purpose of broadening my horizon.

to denigrate every opinion that is not identical with your own as stupid and pathetic is a bit presumptious, vernetti. :rolleyes:

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
to denigrate every opinion that is not identical with your own as stupid and pathetic is a bit presumptious, vernetti. :rolleyes:

god, i was missing that *verve* ;) ... welcome back *rossonera*!!! :D
(although, it's me who's just come back :tongue: )
don't take it badly vernetti, my friend ;)

on topic:
- i won't waste a line to defend zio fester (results since when berlusconi allegedly left him carte blanche are there for comment!)
- some signings (pancaro for one, but there's a long list we can all spare ourselves) are definitely un-defendable

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*rossonera* said:

Well, I agree that every oppinion should be accepted and maybe it was a bit wrong to go as far as calling the post "stupid and pathetic".

But I still stand by the rest of what I posted. I see no point in trying to find one single person (or two for that matter) that should be responsible for bad pre-season results. You´re not dealing with a machine but people who have up´s and down´s.

We have a fantastic squard that Galliani helped put together and if they don´t perform to they max. it is not and never was Gallianis responsibility. We have coaches, a manager and the Milan lab to do that.

We´ve bee looking for a good, attacking RB for a long time and I think Cafu was a good investment although I agree that the purchase of Pancaro does´nt make sense (I´d prefer Puyol). I think it´s been good we kept Rivaldo as also Rui Costa took a season to settle and he turned out to be VERY important last season.

Rui Costa has´nt been worth the money?

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
unrossonero said:
*rossonera* said:

god, i was missing that *verve* ;) ... welcome back *rossonera*!!! :D
(although, it's me who's just come back :tongue: )

thanks for the welcome... :D where have you just come back from, if the question is permitted? i came back from the states 2½ weeks ago, earlier as planned :( ... and i admit i haven't even noticed your absence. shame on me!!! :o

unrossonero said:
on topic:
- i won't waste a line to defend zio fester (results since when berlusconi allegedly left him carte blanche are there for comment!)
- some signings (pancaro for one, but there's a long list we can all spare ourselves) are definitely un-defendable

nothing else to add. ;)

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
... and i admit i haven't even noticed your absence. shame on me!!! :o

... that's nice :rolleyes: ... i wasn't expecting it anyway :cool:

(just a few weeks at the seaside here in italy)

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
makaveli said:
u don't need to blame only one man in a big club where many people handle the job (i mean president of the club, vice president, director manager, general coach, working staff and many other people who work at milan also of course the 25 player's).

That is an interesting point of view. How do you feel about blaming the CEO when a company gets into a problem ??

In US (and even in the Western world but not so much in Japan), it's all about CEO's fault if a company goes awry. On the contrary, it's all about CEO's great leadership if a company does great or even start to turn around from a bad time.

I am wondering, if this same rule can be applied in the world of a soccer franchise. Personally, I can't see why can't we use the same analogy for running the business of MILAN.

BTW, I personally think that GALLIANI is doing a good job. Rather than the transfer market, I am more worried about building our fan base around the world. Because, eventually that would generate money and strength of our club. Man. U and REAL are taking big steps in this direction. We must not FALL BEHIND in this arena.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
*rossonera* said:
galliani is responsible for transfer activity, right? i do blame him for useless signings such as cafu and pancaro, i do blame him for holding on to rivaldo.

Gailliani is responsible for signing as well as Braida the Sports Director & both Berlusconi's (Paolo & Silvio).

I can't believe people are getting so worked up about games that don't even matter (save for the Super Cup). Wait untill it matters before judgement is passed on a man who has done a pretty good job since being here.

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Gailliani is responsible for signing as well as Braida the Sports Director & both Berlusconi's (Paolo & Silvio).

I can't believe people are getting so worked up about games that don't even matter (save for the Super Cup). Wait untill it matters before judgement is passed on a man who has done a pretty good job since being here.

contrary to you i don't think galliani has done such a good job in recent years. the very few super signings [nesta, pippo, sheva] distract from the many other players that came, cost helluva lot of money in transfer fees and salaries and eventually went again without ever making an impact other than the aforementioned negative one on milan's finances.

also, i don't think people are getting worked up. they are concerned. i am concerned because i don't see improvement and changes that i consider necessary if milan want to stay competitive/ become more competitive [we all dream the scudetto dream, don't we?]. i honestly hope time will prove that my concerns are unfounded or at least exaggerated but i've been a fan for too long and my intuition rarely fails... ;)

vernetti said:

that's what i think. do you know how much he cost milan? what has milan gotten in return so far? 2 hands full of assists. he's too in love with the ball, too slow, too predictable. his dribbles may look good but many times they are not efficient. i'm not saying he's worthless but he's not worth the money milan paid for him IMO.

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
*rossonera* said:
vernetti said:

that's what i think. do you know how much he cost milan? what has milan gotten in return so far? 2 hands full of assists. he's too in love with the ball, too slow, too predictable. his dribbles may look good but many times they are not efficient. i'm not saying he's worthless but he's not worth the money milan paid for him IMO.

I'm sorry but I really can't agree...
I know Manuel had a terrible 1st season
I know probably AC Milan got him 1/2 years late
But after last season, after that 75% of his games where how they where, after that his assists make Milan gain CL... I think it's time to stop telling he's too expensive!

CL is the most important trophy available all over the world and AC Milan won it thanks to many (not all) of our old/new players like Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Serginho, Dida, Seedorf, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Rui Costa
Where the "bold" names arrived thanks to Galliani transfer politic! :o

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*rossonera* said:
vernetti said:

He has created quite a lot more than just "2 hand full of assists" and his lack of goals does´nt really bother me at all as assists are just as important as the goals.

... and Rui Costa being slow and predictable?!? Does´nt 99% of his assists come from situations where he passes creativly and UNpredictably?