The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This club will be sold again... regardless of the outcome of the hearing in June. If not this year, then in few years. That is how private equity works - structure which Li utilized to purchase Milan.

Last season was a write-off in many ways - lets hope the next season isn't.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Well he has until October to figure it out before Elliott just take it from him ha.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
at this point all transfers are meaningless
keep posting rumours tho (Y)

Worst case scenerio is out of Europa League, that's it. And that's the most severe thing that can happen. And I don't see UEFA pulling one of the biggest clubs out of it's second tier competition that would need Milan's exposure.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just sign Basel’s FFS

This is like the third mercato we’ve flirted with him

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It may be in Li's best interest to quickly just sign on a refinancing deal with someone at whatever interest and start looking for buyers before Elliott leaves him with nothing.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
Worst case scenerio is out of Europa League, that's it. And that's the most severe thing that can happen. And I don't see UEFA pulling one of the biggest clubs out of it's second tier competition that would need Milan's exposure.

but why before the refusal, mirabelli said let's wait and see how many transfer restrictions we will get?
i think uefa can impose something like no transfers, if you do you face elimination fom european competitions for years

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
How is it even possible that a broke businessman can buy a club like Milan without a good background check on this man. He drag the whole club with him into his chinese misery

:lol: considering the financial mire Italy is in as a country. They cannot regulate themselves, so lack of background checks on foreign investment, isn't that much of a surprise.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score

i mean our owners are fraud i dont see anything happening under their rule..even if we get cavani its just meaningless atm cause we dont have owners atm (the chance that we are staying with li is very very small)

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
but why before the refusal, mirabelli said let's wait and see how many transfer restrictions we will get?
i think uefa can impose something like no transfers, if you do you face elimination fom european competitions for years

UEFA can't ban transfers. That's FIFA. If anything UEFA can limit who you can probably register for Europa League.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
UEFA can't ban transfers. That's FIFA. If anything UEFA can limit who you can probably register for Europa League.

Imagine finishing 4th next year to finally get back in the UCL then... our best players are ineligible. FFP will be biting us every year until the revenues rise substantially.

We can't afford to be paying Dolla & Bonucci such a high wage, never mind guys like Fellaini. Now having to wait until October for some sort of resolution.

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score

I see, we might expect some heavy fines.

anyway, what's good about our situation is that we have many pricy frauds to sell $$$,suso,silva, kalinic and few others. Selling them might bring something around 160M€, adding 20-30M€ from budget can make it more than enough to cover our needs, and the good thing is that money can't be spent on something like paying debts (thanks to eliott rules) , so F&M have no other choice but to spend that money to cover the value lost by selling the previous frauds.In another world where there is no eliott , and the club has debts to different parties, Li might sell the players and cover the debts and keep the club , but thankfully this is not our situation,heck we might end up with a better team, not much debts, and new owners in october.

as MR said: it's all good :)

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine finishing 4th next year to finally get back in the UCL then... our best players are ineligible. FFP will be biting us every year until the revenues rise substantially.

We can't afford to be paying Dolla & Bonucci such a high wage, never mind guys like Fellaini. Now having to wait until October for some sort of resolution.

What I don't understand is why doesn't UEFA just wait until next year to deal with Milan. They'll know one way or the other if Li can refinance or lose the club by October. For the time being, he and his backers seem to be getting their payments in on time, everyone at the club is getting paid. No one is complaining.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
Man this is so depressing

yup..but but its also not that different from he last 10 years:lol: (in a way)
hope our next owners are rich af or that they redesign the football market

transfers under b&g were also meaningless cause we knew we had rotten management and uncapable of structurally bringing in good deals

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
TBH, if we look at the long run (5 yrs, for example), there's almost no bad outcome.
If the chinese can repay Elliot, means they have the money, means we're in a good hand for rebuilding.
If the Chinese can repay the Elliot, but they have no money left (which are the worst outcome possible), then we're just going to stay like this. Selling some players, investing, etc. in this case, we might really need a reliable SD.
If the Chinese can't repay the Elliot, then we will be sold to a new owner. (which many of you are expecting).

But this summer will be very devastating, no inflow, only outflow.. but hey, how bad could it be? we survive 13/14 window, though.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see, we might expect some heavy fines.

anyway, what's good about our situation is that we have many pricy frauds to sell $$$,suso,silva, kalinic and few others. Selling them might bring something around 160M€, adding 20-30M€ from budget can make it more than enough to cover our needs, and the good thing is that money can't be spent on something like paying debts (thanks to eliott rules) , so F&M have no other choice but to spend that money to cover the value lost by selling the previous frauds.In another world where there is no eliott , and the club has debts to different parties, Li might sell the players and cover the debts and keep the club , but thankfully this is not our situation,heck we might end up with a better team, not much debts, and new owners in october.

as MR said: it's all good :)

This "best case scenario mentality is so completely distorted its hard to even know how to respond. Basically everything that's happening is working in our favour?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently he asked for Vidal, Benzema, Berardi, Rui Patricio....Mertens, Hamsik ll be sold.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes and I'm surprised they didn't just pay up to keep Sarri seeing that Ancelotti costs more. I think Ancelotti is a bit passed it. He just chases the big paycheck now.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why doesn't UEFA just wait until next year to deal with Milan. They'll know one way or the other if Li can refinance or lose the club by October. For the time being, he and his backers seem to be getting their payments in on time, everyone at the club is getting paid. No one is complaining.

Exactly. Why is the club accountable in this moment when they say FFP has been breached since 2014. At least wait until the debt is refinanced or defaulted on. The timing is terrible with the new season needing preparing for.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This "best case scenario mentality is so completely distorted its hard to even know how to respond. Basically everything that's happening is working in our favour?

If anything this whole thing just brings to light that we'll know Li's outcome real soon.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. Why is the club accountable in this moment when they say FFP has been breached since 2014. At least wait until the debt is refinanced or defaulted on. The timing is terrible with the new season needing preparing for.

Where were these questions last summer when they spent 200m? Now all of a sudden it's important. :lol: From the moment Berlusconi sold the club they knew Elliott was involved.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score

They also want to make an example out of Milan, and, sadly, given our current state, we are the perfect target for UEFA.

By punishing us, they can prove that they don't go easy on big clubs with illustrious histories, that buying a club in the manner Li has will not fly etc.

I don't think this was about the actual numbers and money. It was about the source of the money and how we were bought.

They should have had the refinancing in place. Pure and simple. That was a failure on our part.

I generally have contempt for UEFA, but I am with them on this one.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TBH, if we look at the long run (5 yrs, for example), there's almost no bad outcome

How about this outcome.

We get thrown out of Europe and severely depleat the squad in this mercato.

Potential investors are put off by the fact we can't generate substantial revenue and they know they can't even spend tons of money or risk the same scenario as li.

It takes us a year and a half to find new owners and conclude the takeover.

We're left with second rate owners, a weakened brand, no valuable assets in the squad and a decade without champions league.

I'm not saying this is what I expect to happen but if we constantly talk about the best case scenario we should also discuss the worst

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
Where were these questions last summer when they spent 200m? Now all of a sudden it's important. :lol: From the moment Berlusconi sold the club they knew Elliott was involved.

fassone and mirabelli are adults arent they?
ffps isnt new..we know how it works

u wanna spend 200m? fine u know the rules:lol:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
i'm optimistic, they will fix everything and world is beautiful :D

they won't block our mercato so it's the good thing that we can buy new players with selling other players we don't need as gigi, jack, nikola, silva, abate etc., even bacca, niang, bertolaci can be sold.
in worst case we can bring them here as our back ups, they can be useful.

this is the least they can do this summer.

bernard+may mayer for free.
silva+nikola... ciro or belotti.
veretout 15m + felaini for free... well hell, i suposse we have 15m in budget.

and that's it, i think we will be fine for next season until all this shit with ffp and uefa end.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.