The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:07   #1
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default Week 30: Milan vs Udinese 02/04/2019 19:00 CET

Mighty important match, gentle people.

We need 3 points to get the swagger back, and anything but a win could really push this team down the drain mentally.

I saw Udinese against Genoa on Saturday, and Igor Tudor has very quickly changed a few things. Okaka's role coming in from the left is critical, while Pussetto, De Paul and Fofana will also cover the pitch quickly. All these guys are athletic and good on the ball, and they can be devastating on the counter.

We need to be clever in this match and not go all out crazy on the offense thinking it's home and just Udinese. High balls to Piatek will be valuable, since their central defense isn't as strong as Inter's or Samp's. Move the game through the middle more, but quickly pass to Hakan on the left (he should play as the left forward and not in the midfield), leaving Castillejo the free man (and he should play as the right forward).

No matter how, 3 points is a must.

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 01-04-2019 at 18:11.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:13   #2
Pingu
Maldoban

3pts or the commode will be in ultimate meltdown ahead of Juve at the weekend.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 15:19   #3
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
3pts or the commode will be in ultimate meltdown ahead of Juve at the weekend.
This is true.
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 16:34   #4
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

We must win that is all that matters.

Forza Milan!

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 18:07   #5
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini

We need to win this and go to Turin believing we can win at a time when Juventus have the title in their pocket, Ronaldo is injured, they have a CL QF to play a few days after...that is as good as it is going to get.

Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!
nonsonoqui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 19:21   #6
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I think the idea of playing Paqueta behind Piatek and Cutrone is solid. Paqueta already showed glimpses of the potential of such a tactic in the few minutes he had against Samp.

The question though is the rest of the team. I'm not a fan of a 3-man defence ever, and I don't think it's the right move to bring back the defensive solidity. Our defensive excellence was due to the positioning of the 4 defenders and the 5 guys ahead and the cagey structure they created.

I'd like us to stick to the 3-man midfield and create the same structure with 7 guys instead of 9, letting go of the two wide forwards who used to drop deep - resulting in a shorter span of the field covered. Which means a higher line than usual and Piatek + Cutrone going to wider areas more than usual to receive the ball.

So this is what I'd like to see:

----Piatek----------------Cutrone

--------------Paqueta-----------
--------Hakan---------Kessie-----

-------------Bakayoko--------

Paqueta, Hakan and Kessie really need to sharpen their goalscoring skills to win with such a tactic.

Signature
Old 01-04-2019, 20:34   #7
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post

Paqueta, Hakan and Kessie really need to sharpen their goalscoring skills to win with such a tactic.
That would an awesome line up.
Who could dominate the flanks in the attacking phase? Without the assistance of both fullbacks.

Last edited by joyrider; 01-04-2019 at 20:37.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 23:00   #8
Raghav
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

I’d rather use Samu as SS moving out wide than Cutrone from the start . Gives us pace and a lot more technical ability . Cutrone too limited imo . Would like to see him come off bench

Deffo 4-3-1-2 way to go though . Fuck moving to 3 man at such a crucial period
Raghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 23:20   #9
Quan
Primavera Player

I really don't see Cutrone + Piatek partnership working.

If we going to play with 2 strikers then I prefer Samu with Piatek.
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:11   #10
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Cutrone is simply not good enough to be a starter.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:50   #11
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
I think the idea of playing Paqueta behind Piatek and Cutrone is solid. Paqueta already showed glimpses of the potential of such a tactic in the few minutes he had against Samp.

The question though is the rest of the team. I'm not a fan of a 3-man defence ever, and I don't think it's the right move to bring back the defensive solidity. Our defensive excellence was due to the positioning of the 4 defenders and the 5 guys ahead and the cagey structure they created.

I'd like us to stick to the 3-man midfield and create the same structure with 7 guys instead of 9, letting go of the two wide forwards who used to drop deep - resulting in a shorter span of the field covered. Which means a higher line than usual and Piatek + Cutrone going to wider areas more than usual to receive the ball.

Blegh. Where do this love or belief in double CF systems(with two conventional CFs) stem from?

Conte's Juve survived by having great finishers in the midfield and some SS qualities in Vucinic, before proper second strikers(Tevez, then Dybala) arrived and elevated their attack.

Ibra's 4-3-1-2 was a lot more fluid(and better) next to second strikers, rather than CFs.

Sheva-Pippo and Sheva-Crespo were anything but perfect partnerships. Christmas tree with RuiCosta(or Seedorf) and Kaka behind the striker was a lot more effective and also pleasing to the eye.

Milan, under B&G and then F&M, spent most of 2013-2017 trying to make a double CF system work, with no SS, and it failed every single time.

I like both Piatek and Cutrone, but they're both 9s, not versatile attackers.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:14   #12
Tantalis
Heyoka

hope both sadboy and pistol score so yall stfu

Signature

Fabio Borini: "My nose is bleeding and we should finish every game by bleeding!"
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:35   #13
Y-Bido92
il-Faraone

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

cutrone is a con, don't trust him in our lineup.

Signature
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/585/416/hi-res-186352787-kaka-of-ac-milan-celebrates-scoring-the-first-goal_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
Y-Bido92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:01   #14
leaf
Dead man walking

Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Blegh. Where do this love or belief in double CF systems(with two conventional CFs) stem from?

Conte's Juve survived by having great finishers in the midfield and some SS qualities in Vucinic, before proper second strikers(Tevez, then Dybala) arrived and elevated their attack.

Ibra's 4-3-1-2 was a lot more fluid(and better) next to second strikers, rather than CFs.

Sheva-Pippo and Sheva-Crespo were anything but perfect partnerships. Christmas tree with RuiCosta(or Seedorf) and Kaka behind the striker was a lot more effective and also pleasing to the eye.

Milan, under B&G and then F&M, spent most of 2013-2017 trying to make a double CF system work, with no SS, and it failed every single time.

Signature
Sage & Necro on Romagnoli:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender.
Quote:
Musacchio is a fair bit better than Romagnoli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
worst defender we've ever had
Necro on Bertolacci
Quote:
Bertolacci may very well be a must sign player, considering everything. He could be to us for the next five years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
#Expertz
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:14   #15
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:

Against Udinese it's not a big deal but against better teams with attacking fullbacks, who would track them?

Having Cutrone at the start limits our in game options. I think it will be Piatek + Castillejo

Last edited by brk; 02-04-2019 at 08:20.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:53   #16
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

I'm sure Castillejo will be dropped for Paqueta to start and Biglia will go to make way Kessie.

Either the usual 4-3-3 again with Paqueta in midfield and Hakan left.

Or possibly a 4-2-3-1 with Bakayoko and Kessie in front of the defence and Paqueta moved closer to Piatek. That would be my preference, he looked very dangerous there.

Last edited by Tobinho; 02-04-2019 at 08:57.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:00   #17
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

The probable formation of Milan - Kessie and Paquetà are back, three hypotheses are being examined by Gattuso
01.04.2019 20:30 by Redazione MilanNews Twitter: @Milannewsit article read 56928 times

The difficulties faced by Milan in the last few weeks have left their mark. Gennaro Gattuso, in fact, is ready to change in view of tomorrow's match against Udinese, although the 4-3-3 hypothesis is still not entirely possible, for an important match for the Rossoneri. The Milanese team, in fact, will have to get back on track as soon as possible after the two defeats against Inter and Sampdoria and arrive in this way with the right moral to the match against Juventus next Saturday.

4-3-1-2 - The defense will be the only department not to be changed. Donnarumma's goal will once again be defended by the pair of central Musacchio and Romagnoli and by the Calabria and Ricardo Rodriguez wings. What will instead be subject to changes will be the midfield and the attack. The first hypothesis under consideration by Gattuso is a three-line midline, composed by Kessie, Bakayoko and Calhanoglu, with the advancement of Paquetà in the role of trequartista. However, the main novelty of this module would be the presence of the two spikes, with Cutrone which would support Piatek.

4-2-3-1 - The second formation hypothesis concerns the 4-2-3-1, which would involve only a small modification to the classic Rossoneri line-up. In fact, this possible deployment would include a pair of midfielders, consisting of Kessie and Bakayoko, slightly behind the trio of midfielders Suso, Paquetà and Calhanoglu. In this case, the attack department would not undergo changes, with Piatek the only offensive terminal of Gattuso's team.

4-3-3 - Finally, it is always worth considering the hypothesis that Mr. Gattuso does not make substitutions or changes and, against Udinese, he resumes what has by now become the typical Milan team. In this case, Kessie and Paquetà would return as owners in the midfield trident, on the flanks of Bakayoko. In attack, instead, Suso and Piatek would be confirmed while Calhanoglu will again wear the clothes of the external offensive on the left, instead of Castillejo.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:01   #18
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Conti is out with 'muscular fatigue in the right thigh flexors'

GOALKEEPERS: Donnarumma A., Donnarumma G., Reina
DEFENSORS: Abate, Calabria, Caldara, Laxalt, Musacchio, Rodriguez, Romagnoli, Strinic, Zapata
CENTROCAMPISTI: Bakayoko, Bertolacci, Biglia, Kessie, Mauri, Montolivo, Paquetá
ATTACKERS: Borini, Calhanoglu , Castillejo, Cutrone, Piatek, Suso.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:16   #19
necromancer
Il Diamante

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
That would an awesome line up.
Who could dominate the flanks in the attacking phase? Without the assistance of both fullbacks.
The forwards need to go wide and combine with the fullbacks. The 4-3-1-2 as we did during the Ancelotti years is difficult to work these days due to the increased importance of narrow passes in wide spaces.. so we need to spread the field using forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post

I think both of them have the physical ability to hold their own in wide areas. That's really necessary to play them together. Cutrone particularly has been deployed wide in a 4-3-3 before and I found him adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Against Udinese it's not a big deal but against better teams with attacking fullbacks, who would track them?

Having Cutrone at the start limits our in game options. I think it will be Piatek + Castillejo
Castillejo - I dunno. He pulls off those great games sometimes, but often it's back to being dominated by whoever is tasked to defend against him - which is also why we often use him in a roaming role. I'd definitely use two strikers against Udinese and then evaluate the Juventus options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinho View Post
4-3-1-2 - The defense will be the only department not to be changed. Donnarumma's goal will once again be defended by the pair of central Musacchio and Romagnoli and by the Calabria and Ricardo Rodriguez wings. What will instead be subject to changes will be the midfield and the attack. The first hypothesis under consideration by Gattuso is a three-line midline, composed by Kessie, Bakayoko and Calhanoglu, with the advancement of Paquetà in the role of trequartista. However, the main novelty of this module would be the presence of the two spikes, with Cutrone which would support Piatek.
There you go, that's what I'm talking about. Kessie and Paqueta are super critical in this tactic though. They will get several goalscoring opportunities and we can't afford more fuck-ups in front of the goal.

Signature

Last edited by necromancer; 02-04-2019 at 09:18.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:44   #20
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Football Italia thinks that will be the line-up.

Milan could switch to a 4-3-1-2 with Lucas Paqueta behind Krzysztof Piatek and Patrick Cutrone against Udinese this evening.

Milan host Udinese on the back of successive defeats, and Gazzetta dello Sport claims Gennaro Gattuso is preparing to unleash a new-look attack.

Piatek would be partnered by Cutrone in a front two, with Lucas Paqueta slotting in just behind them as the No 10.

Franck Kessie is also likely to replace Lucas Biglia in midfield, in his first appearance since rowing with the Argentine during the Derby della Madonnina against Inter.

It also marks a throwback to the era of Silvio Berlusconi, who made no secret of his fondness for the 4-3-1-2.

Udinese, on the other hand, beat Genoa 2-0 in Igor Tudor’s first game back at the helm.

The former Juventus defender is expected to stick with virtually the same team, which means another run-out for the attacking trident of Nacho Pussetto, Stefano Okaka and Rodrigo de Paul.

Milan (probable): G Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu; Paquetá; Piatek, Cutrone.

Udinese (probable): Musso; Ter Avest, Troost-Ekong, De Maio, Zeegelar; Fofana, Behrami, Mandragora; Pussetto, Okaka, De Paul