Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
quagliarella wonder goal or penalty

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Kessie's return flight to Milano did not allow him to train with the rest of the squad so he will work out individually and his confrontation with Gattuso has been postponed. He will most likely not start against Sampdoria [Sky]

damnnn Franck

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Bakayoko rcm... dis what I was looking forward to

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Yup I think that will be his eventual position at Milan. Looking fwd to it tomorrow.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Gattuso: "We need to have to be aware that we are going to face a team that already put us in difficulty this season. Upfront they have incredible players, in the back they concede few goals and are coached by a great manager."

"We will need to deliver a great game. We worked out well this week. There is a big bitterness after the derby but we trained well."

"They compared me to [Nereo] Rocco but you need to know the characteristics of the players. I made a mistake in the derby to press high, I prepared for it like that, we wanted to attack them high on the pitch."

"I had a confrontation with him, it was scheduled for today. I don't hold any grudges, but I believe that in the teams we want maximum respect. I was very disappointed, I clarified with both of them [[him and Biglia], the club acted very well."

"As a footballer, I have been wrong too many times, I have always paid dearly for my behavior, I have always put my face in. After the quarrel with Joe Jordan, Galliani was very furious with me. I was the captain at that time."

"I'm not angry with Franck, there was great disappointment in me but now it's all over. We have to think only of this season finale and think about each game at a time."

"Playing at San Siro is a dream, but in modern football we know how important the stadium is. We need to understand the needs of a club that wants to go back to being big and competitive. It's fine that the management have an idea for something different."

"We lost a match [the derby], it was the most important game in the last few years, but we got it wrong. The match against Inter and that with Arsenal were of the same stature."

"It was a blow but we have to look ahead because we are there and we have to reach our Scudetto, which is the Champions League."

"Bitterness and mistakes have to be set aside. In the first half. If Inter had scored three goals there was nothing to say, just like if the match had finished 3-3. We created goalscoring chances, the first half was embarrassing, but not everything to be thrown away."

"When one coaches a team, he must understand the strengths and weaknesses. At the moment, due to the characteristics of the players, we find it difficult to make a certain type of football with high pressure."

"My future? You will know about it in two months. My future is not the priority, I don't think about my contract. but only in order to achieve our goal. I don't think about myself. In two months you'll know what I think, for now I'm only focused on my job."

"I prefer to win a Scudetto than to finish 4th. As a fan I would trade two scudetti for two seasons outside the Champions League. I understand the president's words from the economical point of view."

"I am not a magician, I do not know which Suso will see, but we need a Suso in the heart of the game and with fewer pauses. He is a player who can give us so much, we must continue to trust him."

"Also at Flamengo he played as a mezzala. Perhaps with Brazil he is given less defensive duties but for me it is nothing new."

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Gattuso: "Upfront they have incredible players, in the back they concede few goals and are coached by a great manager."

Barcelona taking a break from La Liga or something?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling we're going to be seeing something closer to a 4231 than the typical Gattuso 433. I think Bakayoko won't play like Kessie. He'll hang back with Biglia, trying to dominate the middle of the park while Hakan floats in front, with Castillejo starting out on the left but will be floating across all over the place acting as our outball for direct transitions. When we defend we'll go back to 4141 obviously, but i'm very interested to see if Bakayoko plays like Kessie or if he will play a different role alongside Biglia.

I'm assuming Gattuso is resting both Kessie and Paqueta, which seems likely based on reports.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bakayoko definitely wont play like Kessie because his characteristics are completely different. He'll be on the ball more and making less runs. But him sitting back will not be ideal, he will move forward and carry the ball while Calhanoglu becomes the free man more often than he usually does I think.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Match day

Yes!!!!

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bakayoko definitely wont play like Kessie because his characteristics are completely different. He'll be on the ball more and making less runs. But him sitting back will not be ideal, he will move forward and carry the ball while Calhanoglu becomes the free man more often than he usually does I think.

I think Bakayoko and Kessie are a little more similar than you're saying. Bakayoko obviously has far more specialized skills and an incredible sense of positioning when anticipating a tackle, but they can both carry the ball with strength and purpose and also find space to run into (this is where Kessie is better).

You're right that Biglia will most likely sit back and anchor the midfield and also that Bakayoko won't sit back in the same way, but I guess what I was trying to say was that he won't play in the same line as Hakan when we have possession. With Paqueta and Kessie in midfield they usually played on the same line, but now I think Hakan will play much further ahead than Bakayoko who will mainly try to clean up second balls behind the forwards. He won't have as many insertions as Kessie, that's my guess.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Sampdoria (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Calabria, Romagnoli, Musacchio, Rodriguez; Biglia, Bakayoko, Çalhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Castillejo [Sky]

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Match Day!

Forza Milan !!!

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
mate if this ruins your weekend you need life lessons

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Definitely interesting to see how Bakayoko is deployed and how he interprets the role. He's actually pretty good on the ball so I'm excited to see what he can do.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I'm assuming Gattuso is resting both Kessie and Paqueta, which seems likely based on reports.

Yes, Kessie for disciplinary reasons and he'd already been hoping to rest Paqueta, who since then played twice for Brazil.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yes, Kessie for disciplinary reasons and he'd already been hoping to rest Paqueta, who since then played twice for Brazil.

Kessie isn't benched for disciplinary reasons. He arrived late back due to being with his national team and missed some training so isn't "ready". Make of it what you will, but a rest will do him good.

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
Donnarumma;
Calabria, Romagnoli, Musacchio, Rodriguez;
Biglia, Bakayoko;
Suso, Çalhanoglu, Castillejo;
Piatek

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
1-2
Quagliarella, Samu, Piatek

Forza ragazzi

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
D27MlflXgAAr7XS.jpg:small

Milan bench: A. Donnarumma, Reina, Abate, Caldara, Conti, Laxalt, Zapata, Bertolacci, Kessié, Borini, Paquetà, Cutrone.
Sampdoria Xl: Audero; Sala, Andersen, Colley, Murru; Praet, Vieira, Linetty; Ramirez; Defrel, Quagliarella.

I like it.

Last edited:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Ronaldo Vieira and Jacopo Sala are Sampdoria's 2 biggest weaknesses.

Schedule