Week 16: AS Roma vs Milan December 12, 2016 • 21:00 • Stadio Olimpico, Roma

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
This fucking game was so annoying.

giphy.gif

Its one thing to lose while the other team dominates in impressive fashion but this was not the case, we even had a good chance to make this at least a draw.

FUCK

exactly man they were not superior to us at all

it stings so much both this and inter game could have been avoided.

Now let's hope Juve crushes them.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh well, shit happens guys.

Some positives:

Berto was good
Pasalic was decent
We could have emerged with a deserved draw
Bona and Kucka should be back next week
We play Atalanta next at home, while Roma are away to Juve; we can close the gap again

Forza Milan!

Great post.

I am worried about Niang's future at Milan.
He played like shit lately and those two penalty losses will pound his confidence into the ground.

Once Bona is back we should bench him for a few games and hope for the best.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Great post.

I am worried about Niang's future at Milan.
He played like shit lately and those two penalty losses will pound his confidence into the ground.

Once Bona is back we should bench him for a few games and hope for the best.

FUCK NIANG
Montella also responsible for niang downfall. He should've benched niang yesterday and lapadula/suso would've taken that pk successfully.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Listen true that we didn't deserve to win, but neither did roma. This is why i was mostly frustrated about this loss, because roma weren't better than us. We were both meh... but at least we had a penalty that would have changed the match.

Do not get me wrong.
I agree that neither side deserved to win. I just not agree that we were dangerous at all.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We didnt deserve to lose and we wouldn't have done had Niang converted the penalty.

We had key players missing Bacca, Bonaventura and showed we are as good as Roma. Montella is doing a fantastic job and given time and the players he wants the sky is the limit for us.

I'm gutted about the result and for me what it does show is that if we sell Bacca and rely on Niang, Lapadula and Luiz Adriano for goals we may not even make Europa league.

Forza Milan!

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
WHAT?

Besides a chance from Lapadula and the penalty, I do not know how you get that we were dangerous.

Those were two gilt-edged chances, especially the penalty.

If that had gone in, we'd have been 1-0 up at half-time and would have had chances to counter.

It's not like we didn't have a shot.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Good thing s montela knows what hes doing. Just compare our play and positiong to when dorf or pipo coached, night and day.
Give montela new winger, sell bacca, get beloti, 2 quality mids, and we are contenders. With more experienced donna, roma, suso, loca....jack and suso are great...

Sell: mati, berto, baca to get funds ( last chance), niang ( sorry but he wont ever be wc)....

we just need little, some brain nad proper investment. Heck we could get fernandinho and navas for free.

pls. some1 in management use some brain

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Do not get me wrong.

I agree that neither side deserved to win. I just not agree that we were dangerous at all.

Oh then I agree. And they weren't dangerous at all. Match should have ended in draw

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
I hope montella doesn't start niang against atalanta. Right now just the sight of niang makes me wanna punch someone.

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
undeserved loss for us. the team really played better than expected considering the players we missed in this game.
well some said during the first 2 months that our position on the table was out of luck.
think about the last 2 games we lost points. inter and roma.
we shouldn't lose any of those 2. 1 win and 1 draw would be fair. but this is life.
what counts is that the team showed once again that they will not surrender to anybody under any circumstances. and I like this spirit.
we need to become champions again. we need to build this champions mentality where you play every game to win. and I believe that this year we are starting to do this.
it is important to win the next 2 matches. win against atalanta in a very important game. and win the supercoppa for all the reasons mentioned before. to start winning trophies.
FORZA MILAN!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
We missed a chance to get a point due to the missed penalty, however like most people are saying, both teams were meh and we only lost 1-0 due to a nice shot from Radja. Other than that, we held a pretty even game against a team that's built to win the Scudetto, in comparison to Milan, we weren't built to win the Scudetto but are doing some nice things under Montella. We were missing Jack, Kucka and Bacca and we still managed a decent performance with Bertolacci and Pasalic in midfield.

Glad that Berto is back and now let's focus on the next game against Atalanta. FORZA MILAN!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Yes, of course we missed Bona.
Still smarting re the loss, need to move on & look forward to the next game.
Forza Milan!
❤️

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
this loss isnt as salty as the derby last seecond goal for me

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Lapadula was the one who put pressure on him when he missed his first penalty last time, where Lapadula apologized publicly to Niang.

If Lapadula was a little more calm (about penalties) then Niang wouldn't be in this tough spot where he'd have to prove himself every game.

It's a team failure. You have to support players when they make mistakes, otherwise, you're not a team. No one wants to mess up or make mistakes, it's not like Niang is lazy, he tries.

:thumbsup:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Got 3 points from Juve who is not a direct contender. And never manage to get 3 points from direct contenders and rivals, 0-1 to Roma, 2-4 against Napoli, and 1-1 with Merda.

Story of Milan's life.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
You guys have to understand the difference between away and home games. You need to be great to win away to a rival. Genoa, Chievo and all the small sides would have a chance winning at Roma, but not Milan or Inter. This is how it is, you can only win those if you are a top side. That's why I was saying we had no chance, because I know how it works in Serie A. No matter how close you get or better you play, you'll somehow end up losing. Maybe a draw at most, but you almost never beat a rival away if you're at the level of this and last few years Milan's. We beat Juve at home, but this same side would never do it in Turin. We had no chance away to Roma, but we'll beat them at home. Same with Napoli, we lost expectedly away, but we'll probably win at San Siro.

I expect you guys to understand this shit.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You guys have to understand the difference between away and home games. You need to be great to win away to a rival. Genoa, Chievo and all the small sides would have a chance winning at Roma, but not Milan or Inter. This is how it is, you can only win those if you are a top side. That's why I was saying we had no chance, because I know how it works in Serie A. No matter how close you get or better you play, you'll somehow end up losing. Maybe a draw at most, but you almost never beat a rival away if you're at the level of this and last few years Milan's. We beat Juve at home, but this same side would never do it in Turin. We had no chance away to Roma, but we'll beat them at home. Same with Napoli, we lost expectedly away, but we'll probably win at San Siro.

I'm not a fan of this thinking about football. I like more the way most coaches see it and try to explain it when they talk in press conferences or interviews: every match has his unique story. Like a story there are periods, let's say plot twists who decide how a match will end. Sometimes, as you say, you are the better team overall but because of such a plot twist (like a non-given regular goal or a player who misses open goal etc. - there are hundreds of plot twists) the game ends in this way and not in the other.

Let's take the Milan-Roma game. You say we had never a chance to win this game and were destined to loose it no matter what. Now I say there is a period, a plot-twist, who probably has decided the game: Niang's missed penalty.

What if he didn't miss the penalty? We can't say for sure that we'd have won but we know that until know we have won, bar the Inter game, every match when we took the lead. So it's not far stretched to say if Niang had transformed the pen into a goal our chances to win this game would have risen expotentially.

It's a small period, some seconds of this whole 90 minutes, who probably have influenced the result. And now that's when coaches say that they don't like to rate a game based on the result, because results are influenced by periods one can't controll no matter how much you train. Coaches instead rate a match based on the overall performance - and our performance against Roma was a Top 5 performance from us of this season.

We have won games where we played way worse, but in the way you are describing it only thing that matters is the result. No it isn't, through good performances you'll see good results, not the other way around. Don't forget this team is a work in progress, it's the youngest team of the entire league and with the right coach - and I think Montella is the right coach - this team can't do other than improve with every minute, gane and season played.

We are at the beginning of a cycle while Roma is kind of stagnating since 3 years IMO. Always somewhere between Top 3 but never near Juve. Maybe I'll be proven wrong by Roma but right now that's the way I see it.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score

You are deluded.

Schedule