Virginia Tech Massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This morning, there was a shooting at Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. The gunman is unidentified right now and the death toll is currently at 32 or so.

CNN reports that it's the deadliest shooting in U.S. history.

You can read more about it here.

I'm really quite speechless, even more surprised that I didn't hear about this until I got home from school today even though the first shooting occurred at around 7:00 a.m.

I just don't understand.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
censorthiis said:
This morning, there was a shooting at Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. The gunman is unidentified right now and the death toll is currently at 32 or so.

CNN reports that it's the deadliest shooting in U.S. history.

You can read more about it here.

I'm really quite speechless, even more surprised that I didn't hear about this until I got home from school today even though the first shooting occurred at around 7:00 a.m.

I just don't understand.
Infinite stupidity, a by-product of modern society, *sigh* May the dead R.I.P.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Bush is too busy worrying about foreign affairs that he doesnt take notice of the turmoil his own country is in. It's just pathetic really and it makes me physically ill to hear about this kind of disaster.

You go to buy a newspaper and pack of cigs at the local corner shop and you can bring back a free gun?

What kind of shit is that?

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
This tragedy is a consequence of the american gun culture...major changes must be planned to stop people from buying guns in the first place....like in England very soon if caught in possession of illegal firearm you get 5 years.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Where there is a villain, there's a hero.

apparently an engineering professor held the classroom door shut allowing his twenty students to escape through the windows.

he did not make it.

i would post the article, but i use my cellphone for web surfing and copying and pasting is impossible.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
this is a huge problem in many countries... not just America... Australia definitely is one of those affected as well...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Australia don't even compare to the USA in that sense at all... we don't give gun licenses away like $2 scratchies.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
but you don't need a license to have a gun with just the purpose to kill... do you?

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the U.S., we average over 10,000 shooting deaths a year. No other country even comes close. I mean, Wal-Mart won't sell stickered albums yet they have no problem selling guns.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution ("the right to keep and bear arms") doesn't mean jack in this day and age. When it was first established, definitely. Today, no.

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
you don't need many shootin' related deaths to create an alarm... one such incident should be more than enough to get the required procedures to stamp it out altogether...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
There just was a very, very raw movie about school violence produced with the sickest scenario for people to think about how they act. There's little to say. Fingers start to shake thinking of it. Bowling for Columbine only made it to the likes of BMWTaylor and people who aknowledge the problem anyway...

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
but stuff like this is a problem everywhere not just USA
i was in the dentists office when i heard it and i didnt believe it to be honest..i thought it was the amish stuff or sum old news :eek: but OMG i got family in virginia :eek: hopefully they are safe....

may the dead rest in peace

Last edited by a moderator:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Jasper said:
There just was a very, very raw movie about school violence produced with the sickest scenario for people to think about how they act. There's little to say. Fingers start to shake thinking of it. Bowling for Columbine only made it to the likes of BMWTaylor and people who aknowledge the problem anyway...
Wasn't Kiss Kiss Bang Bang also about school shootings?

So, any news on the shooter or is he/she still at large?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
madtherchot said:
Wasn't Kiss Kiss Bang Bang also about school shootings?

So, any news on the shooter or is he/she still at large?
Way off. Kiss kiss bang bang was a QT-style humour flick!

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
My condolences to the families of the deceased

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
If the thread is turned into politics it will soon be closed...

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
The Second Amendment of the Constitution ("the right to keep and bear arms") doesn't mean jack in this day and age. When it was first established, definitely. Today, no.

can't go around saying the bill of rights aren't applicable in this day and age. If we didn't have the second ammendment, the king of england could just come in here at any time and start shoving you around.

i say just restrict where you can have the gun. If not at your house or a licensed shooting range, then it must remain in a locked box. Anyone found to be violating this would be imprisoned.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How can you prevent this type of shit you can't?
How are they going to stop some random going into a shopping mall with a bomb strapped to him/her?
Answer... they can't.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Why say a stupid comment like that for?
Anyone's life regardless of their nationality is equal. Nobody likes to witness this type of shit going on.

i made that stupid comment because it is absolutely true. And people only realise it when confronted by such shocking statements.

in the world we live in, prove to me that the life of an orphan from rwanda is equal to the life of a white billionaire politician from america who is connected to the right people.

i don't want to detract from the tragedy at va tech, but we need to realise it in a global context.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
How are they going to stop some random going into a shopping mall with a bomb strapped to him/her?
Answer... they can't.
God give me the serenity to accept things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to always know the difference.
-Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Answer... they can't.
oh yes you can... tight security is a start... strict laws & enforcement of them can surely help... like makin' all materials/substances that could make a home-made bomb illegal... make possession of all firearms (bullets & guns inclusive) illegal... proper education to the mass...

not that difficult really... if the government actually made an effort...

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
censorthiis said:
(Political massacres like that are not the same as a fucking nineteen year old college student taking away lives because of something like a domestic issue with his girlfriend, however.)

a massacre is a massacre. Some asshole decided to murder a bunch of people who didn't deserve it.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
We really dont need this thread. As expected, its become more of a politically driven argument than anything else.
I hope a mod closes this.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
SouthClaw said:
can't go around saying the bill of rights aren't applicable in this day and age. If we didn't have the second ammendment, the king of england could just come in here at any time and start shoving you around.
It works for Canada and the Aussies doesn't it?

Red&Black--Lion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kirsten kreuk & Angelina Jolie,
If it says You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums then why can't we discuss politic?

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
SouthClaw said:
Obviously you have no grasp of irony or sarcasm.

First, we need to acknowledge that in today's society, some lives are more valuable than others. And as soon as we can acknowledge that, then we can fix the problem..
No first you need to acknowledge that all the lives are the same and then when we all realize that we can fix the problem.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
OK, this is starting to get hairy. I'm gonna delete the post not-relating to the thread which is the Virginia Tech Massacre.

I understand that the death in Iraq is as much as a tragedy. It's all the same loss of human being, regardless of the location or how. But let's focus on the original thread, which is expressing condolence for the Virginia Tech shooting OK?

Last edited:

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
Bush is too busy worrying about foreign affairs that he doesnt take notice of the turmoil his own country is in. It's just pathetic really and it makes me physically ill to hear about this kind of disaster.

You go to buy a newspaper and pack of cigs at the local corner shop and you can bring back a free gun?

What kind of shit is that?
#1, If you are blaming Bush for the culture, you are mistaken to think that he, or any President, has enough power/influence that he can fix deep personal social issues

#2, It was a native South Korean, not an American, that is responsible

#3, While gun control may be one of the major issues, don't exaggerate about buying a pack of cigarettes and a newspaper. That is the kind of shit Michael Moore does and people believe it when it just isn't true.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule