Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i just don't se an argument. If you don't like lebron's game, go ahead. Don't like it.

I LOVE his game. Any real basketball purist would. He's basically a coaches dream. Makes great decision.

He's always looking to make his teammates better, and thats evident by fact his teams always have among the best records, no matter who he's playing with.

He effects the game in a wider variety of ways than any player i've ever seen

+1

I don't even like him but its true, he's a perfect player..coaches dream

Hating on him is some silly bullshit like U watch too much espn and u have too weak of a mind so u just buy it all...u base ur opinion of a 30 second PTI clip of talking heads

"Is lebron a choker?" Next talking point after the break folks

Lol :lol: fools

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lebron choked in the 2011 final that was absolutely pathetic from him. In this one, he is not really choking. He is just not playing well by his standards. He is not shooting the ball well. He is too passive.

to be fair.... he's a much better player today than he was in 2011 (w/ respect to his jumper).

Anyway, i'm still WAY more concerned w/ defense. Lebron's been below average offensively (for his standards), you would say so has parker, manu, bosh, wade and duncan. But miami's defense has been the reason they'll lose.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
by the way, it's only a matter of time but KG and Doc rivers to clippers for Deandre jordan and stuff is almost certain.

Celts will go 100% into rebuild mode.

Right now issues stem from celts wanting bledsoe, clippers saying no, and celts trying to stick some contracts like terry or lee to clippers (both overpaid long term ).

It'll eventually get hammered out

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I'm ok with that as long as we got josh smith some how

Deandre Jordan 5
Josh smith 4
Jeff green 3
Avery bradly 2
Rajon Bond 1

I like that

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm ok with that as long as we got josh smith some how

Deandre Jordan 5
Josh smith 4
Jeff green 3
Avery bradly 2
Rajon Bond 1

I like that

holy shit that's AWFUL spacing lol.

josh smith is probably the worst shooter in nba. Rondo is near 2nd worse. Deandre doesn't even bother to shoot. lol

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If I'm the coach of this team I tell them no one is allowed to shoot from outside

Only running..all the time

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
If I'm the coach of this team I tell them no one is allowed to shoot from outside

Only running..all the time

easier said than done.

That team has great defensive potential and potential to run off it though. That's true

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyways..for the clippers, I can't wait to see this happen:

Chris Paul is unimpressed with 38 year old KG and doc rivers as enticement to stay in LA and bolts...KG retires after one season in LA. Doc rivers is stuck on long contract coaching Blake griffin and Jamal Crawford at the bottom of western conference looooollll

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Madridista doing the Skip Bayless :lol:

"I do the eye test." :lol: Biggest bullshit ever.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
I dont even get espn and skip bayless in my country :fp:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't even have a TV :(

berber-tent-marocco.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I don't get why people think Paul peirce is done. Yeah he's declined but he still had a productive second half of season. Actually dare i say a damn good one. Like top 5 SF level

I think he has value. He just needs a more 'controlled' role like duncan and manu have now

I don't even have a TV :(

berber-tent-marocco.jpg

:lol:

well played

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Lebron second half game five. 2 of 11. 1/6 3rd quarter. 1/5 4th quarter.

If Miami wins the series for me WADE should be the MVP of finals.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lebron second half game five. 2 of 11. 1/6 3rd quarter. 1/5 4th quarter.

If Miami wins the series for me WADE should be the MVP of finals.

for doing what? This is exactly type of bullshit which annoys me

how could you even make that judgement. Lebron's been better thru the series, but if miami win, whoever is most key in game 6, 7 would be front runner for MVP.

so lebron shot worse than wade in game 5. You do realize that's out of 21 miami heat games, wade has shot better than lebron 4 times, and he's scored more points than lebron ONCE in playoffs... v. milwaukee in first game when lebron didn't play 4th cause it was a blow out.

Seriously, hating for sake of hating. Posts like wade deserves mvp over lebron r laughable. He's played 2 good games offensively but was downright a liability entire playoffs. Swap lebron for any other player miami prolly doesnt get past chicago in 2nd round cause of how bad wade was

(to be fair ,it was largely injury related)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
guys remember

lebron is afraid to shoot

despite taking most shots on the team.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Screen-Shot-2013-06-16-at-8.09.52-PM.png

By the way. Lebron rocking some of my fav kicks. Air yeezy 2s. Those are kanyes limited edition drops. I've wanted a pair but they are impossible. Shots like $5000 on eBay. Think they only released 1000 and its obviously sold out

Wade continues with his wtf I've lived in Miami too long style. Twitter tells me yes saint Laurent

Bosh is a huge dork.

Bird man looks like a homeless meth head id see in humboldt county

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I would have sex with only super models if I owned those shoes

Since I don't I get stuck with bar fodder

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
lebron is afraid to shoot

...when games are being decided. transition alley oops in the first quarter don't really count as 'shooting'.

He is INVITED to take open shots by San Antonio and he hesitates.

that abnormal physique is being wasted with a mentality like that.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hate it or love it, Lebron is the best player in the world!
If he keeps on going like this, he's gonna be the best of all times!

And fuck everybody who uses "Rings" as a reason to diss him with Kobe steak!
Rings are won by teams, not by players. Lebron played for Cavs and still sent them to the finals.
I understand him why he rejected the Knicks for the Heat. I mean.. you have Wade and Bosh there.. what more you want.
Kobe had Shaq and Fisher at his best...
Jordan had Pippen and Kerr and Rodman

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hate it or love it, Lebron is the best player in the world!
If he keeps on going like this, he's gonna be the best of all times!

And fuck everybody who uses "Rings" as a reason to diss him with Kobe steak!
Rings are won by teams, not by players. Lebron played for Cavs and still sent them to the finals.
I understand him why he rejected the Knicks for the Heat. I mean.. you have Wade and Bosh there.. what more you want.
Kobe had Shaq and Fisher at his best...
Jordan had Pippen and Kerr and Rodman

Most championships has nothing to do with it but in every sport Championship does have a say in your legacy. My thing is the Jordan comparison or how he is better than Jordan. With the way he under-perform so far in this finals, those really should stop.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's not an MJ...he's a lebron. He's more similar to other past players than MJ

The MJ comparison makes sense if u wanna talk about shoes, commercials, Gatorade etc but sporting wise?nah

Kobe is more similar to MJ sporting wise

How many times MJ score 81?

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

The MJ comparison makes sense if u wanna talk about shoes, commercials, Gatorade etc but sporting wise?nah

People elevate him to that status after winning his first one last year. Some went even as far as he better. So, if they elevate him that high, he has to prove it IMO. You can't be poor on the biggest stage of basketball especially in the prime of your career. It not been a one-time occurrence, this is the 3rd time.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
People elevate him to that status after winning his first one last year. Some went even as far as he better. So, if they elevate him that high, he has to prove it IMO. You can't be poor on the biggest stage of basketball especially in the prime of your career. It not been a one-time occurrence, this is the 3rd time.

:thumbsup:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

MJ comparisons annoy the fuck out of me for this simple reason. MJ is a scorer thru and thru. (Not to say he didn't have an all aroundgame, but he was a scorer first)

historically players like MJ were frowned upon was 'non-winners'. That waS MJ's label for 7 years of his career, while 'team guys' like Bird, Magic won all the titles. Russell- team guy. and on and on.

Lebron profiles sos much closer to bird or magic (granted w/ superior athleticism) offensively in his approach. And that's fine. He's a monster PG who happens to be leagues best defender and rebound like a PF/C. I don;t really see any criticism.

He's always gonna look to involve everyone and get 20-25 points, 10 assists, than go for 40 w/ 1 assist. It's just winning basketball. Always has been ALWAYS will be.

Spurs are doing that exact thing, imo, they just move ball better than heat to date.

people elevate him because if you play the game of basketball, you know the guy makes more winning plays on both sides of court, in every facet than anyone.

is it coincidental his teams, most of his career were PURE crap and have consistently best record?

What's his career winning %? I think only Duncan's is higher and duncan has played in MUCH better teams over the yearS (not to discount the fact he makes them great)

this ALL matters.

-

Wilt won 2 titles to russells 11. Wilt was better than Russell.

Kobe won 5 titles, dirk did more to win 1 title than kobe did any of the 5. Same could be said for lebron in his one
-

That said i see zero elevation- i see constant unrivaled criticism.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
66 wins w/ cleveland w/ mo williams as your second best player

62 wins w/ cleveland w/ mo williams as your second best player

taking cleveland to finals when you are 22, and your starting lineup is eric snow, sasha pavlovic, drew gooden and big Z.

-

yes PLEASE use this as an example og him being 'poor' in the clutch. Such niff nuff non-sense by redman

'3rd time'

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
anyway fact we're DISCUSSING this bullshit right now 1000000% proves my point, and shows redmans point he's 'elevated' is false.

you're all acting like the world is ending. They are down 3-2. Could easily come back and win it. And if they don't, they don't. It doesn't change what he's done or does do.

You're saying he's not great cause he had his worst shooting game of playoffs, which happens to be 8-22 (aka type of shit kobe does all the time). And it was on the heels of a 15-25 game, where he dominated.

That's bball dude. Both teams are excellent defensively (well..... i dont know whats up w/ miami's team D but typically they r).

Go look at all finals. Jordan didn't go 15-25 every game. Nah there were bad shooting nights littered into EVERY finals series. That's why you play 7.

Lebron going 60% in game 4 is unsustainable for any player. Obviously the defense changes it's coverage and there's a regression. He's gonna miss some shots.

Schedule