The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 26-08-2018, 15:21   #1321
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
Napoli didn't pay start playing well until after they conceded the second goal. They looked slow, lethargic compared to last year, which is what is now becoming a typical Ancelotti team. Mertens coming on obviously gave them an extra edge but the Milan collapse was pathetic and have no one to blame but the players and coach.

I definitely don't agree with the posts saying we should abandon trying to play out from the back, thats exactly how we managed to score the beautiful second goal, but the players completely lacked what they call game awareness and just shit the bed honestly.

I don't think Carlo has much of a future with the Napoli players who brought into Sarri's ultra intense approach. He's going to be disliked by the players just like at Bayern.
Nor do I... but if that is the gameplan START REINA ffs

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo'82 View Post
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 16:27   #1322
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Suso, Kessie, Hakan.

Yes, starting Reina is a no-brainer if the plan is to play out from the back.

Signature

Ellyse Perry
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 17:23   #1323
SHEVA-7
Banned

Fav. Players: Kaka' Maldini&Nesta Shevchenko Seedorf

Season already over for us. Abandon this team sell everyone and take what u can. I hate milan i hate everyone who does their jobs terribly. We wont be big anymore. Wish we can stay at serie a. There is no hope. There is no soul. Milan is not always Milan. Milan is random european team anymore. Damn i fcking hate this club cos every fkin time they made me feel like am near suicide. Why i feel this way this is club even not from my country and still i feel dead inside after these matches. Someone pls rescue me from my pain i dont wanna read this forum i dont want follow milan. I dont earn lose anything with this matches and i feel like a shit. DAMN U NESTA MALDINI 2002 world cup. I started to follow milan with these two fcking greatest defenders.

SM-G935F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
SHEVA-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 17:41   #1324
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEVA-7 View Post
Season already over for us. Abandon this team sell everyone and take what u can. I hate milan i hate everyone who does their jobs terribly. We wont be big anymore. Wish we can stay at serie a. There is no hope. There is no soul. Milan is not always Milan. Milan is random european team anymore. Damn i fcking hate this club cos every fkin time they made me feel like am near suicide. Why i feel this way this is club even not from my country and still i feel dead inside after these matches. Someone pls rescue me from my pain i dont wanna read this forum i dont want follow milan. I dont earn lose anything with this matches and i feel like a shit. DAMN U NESTA MALDINI 2002 world cup. I started to follow milan with these two fcking greatest defenders.

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 19:10   #1325
Quan
Primavera Player

Quote:

I mean what is the point of posting in this thread after this?
Quan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 19:55   #1326
Fusiproe12
dreaming with Sca

Quote:

Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 20:27   #1327
papaberlu
AC Milan Legend

side did not play well and was lucky to be up 2-0 imo

but it is the first game of the season against a tough opponent (and Milan was missing 3-4 starters), not the end of everything

Gattuso's inability to adapt concerns me more than the performance
papaberlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 20:48   #1328
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

We deserved to be winning after 55 minutes, we were clinical, defended well (donna didnt make any blinding saves, just simple ones) and it was a good away performance up to then
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 21:00   #1329
papaberlu
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfcfan1 View Post
We deserved to be winning after 55 minutes, we were clinical, defended well (donna didnt make any blinding saves, just simple ones) and it was a good away performance up to then
disagree

Milan was more efficient but Napoli a lot more chances and arguably just as good, just whiffed on the final technique many times
papaberlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 21:38   #1330
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaberlu View Post
disagree

Milan was more efficient but Napoli a lot more chances and arguably just as good, just whiffed on the final technique many times
They always were gonna have more than us, they are at home and a better team/squad
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 02:16   #1331
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaberlu View Post

side did not play well and was lucky to be up 2-0 imo

but it is the first game of the season against a tough opponent (and Milan was missing 3-4 starters), not the end of everything

Gattuso's inability to adapt concerns me more than the performance
Which 3-4 starters we were missing exactly?

The only one we were missing was Hakan

Cutrone is Higuain's sub

Laxalt, Samu, Bakayoko and Caldara hadnt even played a game yet for us.

Conti has been out injured for more than a year and barely played for us.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 02:34   #1332
Hoplite
National Team Player

We were shit. I hope they get their act together or gtfo
Hoplite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 04:44   #1333
Saeed
Primavera Player

Quote:
Absolutely true.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Saeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 04:51   #1334
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Napoli were much better than us, we were super clinical and brilliant in scoring the goals. I would be very happy if we got 3 points especially with 2-0 win but still not convinced with our play.

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 08:01   #1335
Thenebra
AC Milan Legend

Meltdown has reched its peak levels, its about to slow down now.

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2018, 10:02   #1336
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

English match highlights

https://yadi.sk/i/d_DfLAkn3aZKoo

Signature
When I go to bed each night, I thank the Matrix for bringing me Paul Singer, Paolo Scaroni, Paolo Maldini, and Daddy Leonardo.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 14:31   #1337
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
Napoli didn't pay start playing well until after they conceded the second goal. They looked slow, lethargic compared to last year, which is what is now becoming a typical Ancelotti team. Mertens coming on obviously gave them an extra edge but the Milan collapse was pathetic and have no one to blame but the players and coach.

I definitely don't agree with the posts saying we should abandon trying to play out from the back, thats exactly how we managed to score the beautiful second goal, but the players completely lacked what they call game awareness and just shit the bed honestly.

I don't think Carlo has much of a future with the Napoli players who brought into Sarri's ultra intense approach. He's going to be disliked by the players just like at Bayern.
I think we need to distinguish some statements made in this post. I have nothing against trying to play out from the back. But when playing superior sides like Napoli, who with ease close our pass-lines and make us suffer in our own third, there really is no point in trying to outplay 20 times per game and only succeeding once or twice.

Agreed, on of our goals came by that. Thanks god we were so untypically cinical with our chances. That said, us leadin 2-nill IMO didn't reflect the game at all. Napoli during 90 minutes conceeded only two chances to us – one of that resulting in a goal because Jack worked some lucky Kung-Fu-magic –, while wasting many good goalscoring opportunities with sloppy executed final shots. That's not what I call "essere padroni del campo", like Gattuso wrongly stated IMO.

If I was a Napoli fan, I'd say we were badly awarded for a very dominant display.

Well, it went like it went. Our team has not (yet?) the class to outsmart all of our opponents. Playing it out from the back is not per se the wrong choice against teams like Napoli or Real or Barca. But it shouldn't be the majority of our tacticall efforts if it's painfully obvious how often we passed ourself into trouble with that.

Actually, Donnarumma trying to stop a ball under pressure gives me shivers every goddamn time. I don't know how much more of that I can handle.
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 13:20   #1338
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

napoli too had 1 shot on target before their goal. sure they had some half chances but so did we. we had some space after 2-2 but couldn't capitalize as we panicked under pressure. higuian got a little selfish too can't blame him though that's his job.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote