AC Milan - Champions League 2011/2012

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Im actually with him.. we can win or we can lose :)

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Picking Bayern to make the final if they sort our their defensive issues

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
30% Barca
20% Real Madrid
10% Milan(if we get Monto+Kaka and not too many injuries)
8% Man Utd
8% Chelsea
5% Bayern
3% Inter
3% Man City
3% Porto
2% Arsenal
2% Dortmund
2% Lyon
4% Other team

I'd rather not explain where I got these numbers from.

Last edited:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
30% Barca
20% Real Madrid
10% Milan(if we get Monto+Kaka and not too many injuries)
8% Man Utd
8% Chelsea
5% Bayern
3% Inter
3% Man City
3% Porto
2% Arsenal
2% Dortmund
2% Lyon
4% Other team

I'd rather not explain where I got these numbers from.

I disagree, I think more realistic would be

93.2678% Milan
.8422% Inter
3% Barca
3%Other

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It seems like B. Munich will be getting in, that means we won't getting seed # 1 in the group.

Actually, this is good for us because we will be facing heavy competition right from the beginning.

Also, I saw the Udinese versus Arsenal match highlight, Udinese should have won or at lease tied the match.

I am rooting for Udinese to move through at the expense of Arsenal.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It seems like B. Munich will be getting in, that means we won't getting seed # 1 in the group.

Actually, this is good for us because we will be facing heavy competition right from the beginning.

Also, I saw the Udinese versus Arsenal match highlight, Udinese should have won or at lease tied the match.

I am rooting for Udinese to move through at the expense of Arsenal.

I dont get how that works, why wont we get number one seed if we won the league??

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We certainly have a better chance than last season even if we dont sign any other players.

What killed us last year were the injuries in midfield in the first leg against Spurs. When we had to play our best defender Silva in midfield that killed us.

To have a realistic chance we need some real quality/creativity in midfield.

Then again we are Milan we have a fantastic defence and attack and a very good coach. With a little luck we could go all the way, its unlikely but my red and black heart will always believe!

Forza Milan!!!!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, van Basten, Weah, Pippo, Kaka', Pato
Hey, I thought this would be great for this discussion. I just recently wrote an article about the Champion's League distributions compared to Europa League distributions and the impact of that on the market -- special emphasis on Milan of course. You all may enjoy it!

http://themilanguy.com/2011/08/18/uefa-champions-league-money/

Fits perfectly with what we're discussing here.
Forza Milan!

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I dont get how that works, why wont we get number one seed if we won the league??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_co...fficient.22.29

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calc.html

You should get it now. B. Munich has a better record for past years in CL than us even though they have messed up their qualification for this year by doing poorly in their domestic league. That is why they are playing qualifying rounds but if they qualify, when the seedings will happen (I guess that is August 26th, the afternoon of the European Supercopa), they have more performance point than MILAN and hence we will be the 9th team in the draw as far as performance point is concerned and B. Munich will be higher than us, and hence we won't be the one of the 8 #1 seeded teams.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We certainly have a better chance than last season even if we dont sign any other players.

What killed us last year were the injuries in midfield in the first leg against Spurs. When we had to play our best defender Silva in midfield that killed us.

To have a realistic chance we need some real quality/creativity in midfield.

Then again we are Milan we have a fantastic defence and attack and a very good coach. With a little luck we could go all the way, its unlikely but my red and black heart will always believe!

Forza Milan!!!!

Don't forget that Allegri scewed up too because it was his first CL KO match. The strategy we took in the first half of the first leg was horrendous.

Then in the second half throwing everything by leaving our defense open was another stupid and novice mistake. That will not happen anymore, at least I think so.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Paraguay almost did.. why we cant do this :)

BTW:
"Alania Vladikavkaz qualified for Europe last season through the Russian Cup despite not winning a single game or even scoring a goal," writes Graham. "They qualified for the final through three 0-0 draws (all won on penalties) plus a quarter-final walkover against Saturn, who went out of business just before the tie was due to take place. They met CSKA Moscow in the final, where they did finally score a goal, but lost 2-1. With CSKA already in a Champions League place, this stunningly tedious cup run means they started their barely-deserved Europa League campaign by beating Aktobe of Kazakhstan ... but only on penalties after two 1-1 draws."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/10/the-knowledge-opening-day-unbeaten?CMP=twt_gu

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Definitely we gonna win then hehe
BTW:
"Alania Vladikavkaz qualified for Europe last season through the Russian Cup despite not winning a single game or even scoring a goal," writes Graham. "They qualified for the final through three 0-0 draws (all won on penalties) plus a quarter-final walkover against Saturn, who went out of business just before the tie was due to take place. They met CSKA Moscow in the final, where they did finally score a goal, but lost 2-1. With CSKA already in a Champions League place, this stunningly tedious cup run means they started their barely-deserved Europa League campaign by beating Aktobe of Kazakhstan ... but only on penalties after two 1-1 draws."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/10/the-knowledge-opening-day-unbeaten?CMP=twt_gu

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Just get us back in to the top seed.

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
I'm hoping we finally make it past the Round of 16 for the first time in 4 years.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_co...fficient.22.29

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/calc.html

You should get it now. B. Munich has a better record for past years in CL than us even though they have messed up their qualification for this year by doing poorly in their domestic league. That is why they are playing qualifying rounds but if they qualify, when the seedings will happen (I guess that is August 26th, the afternoon of the European Supercopa), they have more performance point than MILAN and hence we will be the 9th team in the draw as far as performance point is concerned and B. Munich will be higher than us, and hence we won't be the one of the 8 #1 seeded teams.

Oooo ok i get it now, I thought that if you win the league in one of the top leagues like italy, germany, spain and england you are automatically number 1

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we get a good group draw and some luck with the later rounds.

I fear for ourselves if we draw Madrid or Barca though.

I want Barcelona in our group!!! because then even if we dont beat them we can be 2nd in the group and already test ourselves with the best team, it can definitely make us a lot stronger!!!

but it can also be a risk lol

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
I think we could make it to the quarter-finals at least, Allegri will get us farther! :proud:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
after this week we will definitelyt if we can go far or not, all depends on the signings

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
the fact that the champion of Italy actually may end up in urn 2 is just... crazy

Well, that is the price you pay for not having enough consistency. Not participating in 2008-2009 didn't help us at all. Plus we haven't past the round 16, that is another blow to our performance point which accounts for last 5 years.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Just to be clear, this is how the pots will be tomorrow at the drawing:

Pot1: Man United, Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern, Arsenal, Real Madrid, FC Porto and Internazionale.

Pot2: AC Milan, Lyon, Shakhtar Donetsk, Valencia, Benfica, Villarreal, CSKA Moskou and Marseille.

Pot3: Zenit St-Petersburg, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Olympiakos, Manchester City, Lille, FC Basel and BATE Borisov

Pot4: Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Dinamo Zagreb, APOEL Nicosia, Trabzonspor, RC Genk, Viktoria Plzen and Otelul Galati.

Imo, worst draw would be: Barca, Manchester City and Borussia.
Best would be: Porto, FC Basel and Otelul Galati.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just to be clear, this is how the pots will be tomorrow at the drawing:

Pot1: Man United, Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern, Arsenal, Real Madrid, FC Porto and Internazionale.

Pot2: AC Milan, Lyon, Shakhtar Donetsk, Valencia, Benfica, Villarreal, CSKA Moskou and Marseille.

Pot3: Zenit St-Petersburg, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Olympiakos, Manchester City, Lille, FC Basel and BATE Borisov

Pot4: Borussia Dortmund, Napoli, Dinamo Zagreb, APOEL Nicosia, Trabzonspor, RC Genk, Viktoria Plzen and Otelul Galati.

Imo, worst draw would be: Barca, Manchester City and Borussia.
Best would be: Porto, FC Basel and Otelul Galati.

We got Aqua and Van Bommel in the midfield. I'd prefer Barca over Real.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I want arsenal Basel and Trabzonspor :D