W*NKERS! (Spain vs. England)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Did anyone watch Spain vs. England? Forget about football, the behaviour of the Spanish crowd was absolutely disgraceful! Every time Cole or Phillips came anywhere near the ball there were monkey chants. And the same thing happened yesterday too, apparently, in the U21 game. I have honestly never seen anything like that. I would have walked off the pitch if that were me.
You'd think Spain would be a civilised country but I guess this proves otherwise. I now hope that FIFA would come down hard on them and impose a ban instead of a fine.

Really sad.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
I saw the game live mate (BBC1) and those chants could be heard like you say at every instance when Cole or Wright-Phillips touched the ball. Absolute disgrace to footbal.

If this was England making racial chants against other country, they would get kicked out of the World Cup. But now that it's Spain they would probably get away with a pitiful fine that does not reflect the damage done.

Disgraceful.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody would get kicked out of a competition. A football federation can't control the crowd. I actually can't believe you have never seen or heard idiots make 'monkey noises' before + am tempted to say what's the big deal, better open than closeted racists as the latter are more dangerous... I'm pretty sure the same shit happened in England too, until not sooo recently. It takes time to educate the uneducated + prejudiced + narrow-minded, just as it takes time to make people realize that discussing politics + whatnot doesn't pose a threat to forum 'peace' :o

Last edited:

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
hehehe :D i like the way spain taunted them,they have always treated teams in similar manner now let them taste the same thing.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
pixiraver said:
hehehe :D i like the way spain taunted them,they have always treated teams in similar manner now let them taste the same thing.

u like racism?

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
pixiraver said:
As far as I recall, you happen to be black too, pixiraver. How would you feel if a large section of the crowd made monkey noises at you every time you tried to do your job (play football in this case)? But, yeah, since they're English then it's fine... :rolleyes:

Passion for *9* said:
I actually can't believe you have never seen or heard idiots make 'monkey noises' before
I have heard them, but it was never from such a large section of the crowd. Sad.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
scharatz said:
Did anyone watch Spain vs. England? Forget about football, the behaviour of the Spanish crowd was absolutely disgraceful! Every time Cole or Phillips came anywhere near the ball there were monkey chants. And the same thing happened yesterday too, apparently, in the U21 game. I have honestly never seen anything like that. I would have walked off the pitch if that were me.
You'd think Spain would be a civilised country but I guess this proves otherwise. I now hope that FIFA would come down hard on them and impose a ban instead of a fine.

Really sad.

I totally agree those racist C**ts cant believe fans of a country could do such a thing... racism is a major problem in sport and FIFA need to react quickly and IMO need to impose some band playing at neutral grounds for eg.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Definitely not one of our finer moments (even in victory over an elite footballing nation). After Seedorf left Real for Inter, he too complained about this from the Madrid faithful. I believe he said whenever his form dipped, the Real fans would do something very similar, if not the same. Although, I never heard about him complaining while he was actually in Spain. I know I have never heard of such a travesty happening in Valencia before. Perhaps, this was fueled by the intensity of two world class sides facing eachother in one's capital, I don't know, I am merely speculating. However, I can say that this rarely happens in La Liga matches, and although I know it has happened, I honestly can't recall any incidents right now. The fact is, this exists everywhere, and that is a shame. Disgraceful? Indeed. :head:

As for the match and the actual football, that was very gratifying. The fervor of the side was exciting to say the least. I would think if one saw the match, they would instantly recognize that Spain outclassed the opposition in every facet for the entirety of the 90 minutes.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Nobody would get kicked out of a competition. A football federation can't control the crowd.

I am not sure about that. When the problem was English hooliganism, the football federation was threatening to kick England out of Euro's. Racism is a very dirty offence like hooliganism, afterall isn't racism considered to be hooliganism when it occurs in a football game? :cry:

I don't know. :conf:

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
juninho-paulista said:
didn't seem like Rooney did anything to enhance his reputation :rolleyes:

At the back of most tabloids and well read papers in England, It is Rooney that's on back pages throwing his black armband away. He dissapointed everyone, and could have been sent off 3 times.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
Passion for *9* said:
Nobody would get kicked out of a competition. A football federation can't control the crowd. :o

I agree. It is a social problem, not a problem of the soccer game. It is a fact that people get sturred up when in group.
It is easy to critisize about it by the federations but nobody doesnt do anything to solve the problem.
It is a pitty that these things happen, but lets concentrate on the game.
A change starts with your selve.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to mention: Rooney has to take his fucking CHILL PILLS as prescribed by his shrink.

All the outcry now in the English media is just as embarrassing as the "We wuz robbed" BS. I'd rather they concentrate on their ridiculous performance instead of playing the ancient ancient racial abuse card over + over again :o

Did you know that even Ollie Kahn gets his share of monkey noises ?? :D

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Did you know that even Ollie Kahn gets his share of monkey noises ?? :D

Hahahaha (I know I shouldn't laugh at this) but which factor do people take into consideration when making those noises is it because:
-He's a quarter/eight Latvian​
-Or because he is a shite keeper​
-Or both mixed​

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't you think he looks like one ? That's what people think who make the noise towards him + those who are better behaved do agree :D

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Passion for *9* said:
Nobody would get kicked out of a competition. A football federation can't control the crowd. I actually can't believe you have never seen or heard idiots make 'monkey noises' before + am tempted to say what's the big deal, better open than closeted racists as the latter are more dangerous... I'm pretty sure the same shit happened in England too, until not sooo recently. It takes time to educate the uneducated + prejudiced + narrow-minded, just as it takes time to make people realize that discussing politics + whatnot doesn't pose a threat to forum 'peace' :o

That still doesnt change the fact that if it were England fans making those chants then they would be under investigation within a blink of an eye....or a large fine of some sort.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And then Madrid wants to host the olympics. Pfft. Hope London gets it. :)

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo-11 said:
That still doesnt change the fact that if it were England fans making those chants then they would be under investigation within a blink of an eye....or a large fine of some sort.

Yeah, exactly, thats what a few of the English players (Garry Neville) have said.
Breaking news: Spainish FA apologises about the racism issue.

''I want to apologise in the name of the Spanish government to anyone who may have felt offended by these expressions.''- Spanish foreign minister Miguel Angel Moratinos

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
~Biski Biskit~ said:
And then Madrid wants to host the olympics. Pfft. Hope London gets it. :)
Hope Melbourne gets it :)

Oh... wait :(

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rivaldo-11 said:

That's bullshit. Blatter has announced an investigation, so there is no difference in how the Spanish + English football associations are or would be dealt with.

Also, the prob with the English lunatics is that their misbehaviour is not restricted to some regrettable chants, but they have a thing for violent out-of-contol riots + rampages, + IMO England/English FA therefore deserve to be a tad more scrutinized by the governing bodies of football.

This incident has been sooo blown out of proportion already + I can't help thinking it comes as a god-sent or sth to the English FA to divert attention from their very own domestic problems. The Spanish FA has apologized btw, I hope the English will do same for the team's on-the-pitch provocative attitude that was the trigger for the chants.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Passion for *9* said:
... I hope the English will do same for the team's on-the-pitch provocative attitude that was the trigger for the chants.

what did ashley cole and swp(were there any other black players playing?) do to provoke racist chanting? i've only seen replays, haven't seen the whole match..seems odd to me that their on-pitch behavior would provoke such a response from the crowd.

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tirelessly hacking the Spaniards off their feet, maybe ? :o They came on the pitch with an attitude, behaving like bullies + not like professional football players, the tension was very palpable all the time, I didn't need to see the whole match to notice...

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Passion for *9* said:
the team's on-the-pitch provocative attitude that was the trigger for the chants.
So it was the the english players fault they were abused.

Load of crap.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Passion for *9* said:
Tirelessly hacking the Spaniards off their feet, maybe ? :o They came on the pitch with an attitude, behaving like bullies + not like professional football players, the tension was very palpable all the time, I didn't need to see the whole match to notice...

maybe...but don't you think its strange that the exact same thing, the racist calls and chanting, happened at the U-21 game?

i can't see how you could blame the english players for this...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe they.. the crowd.. just lived up to the image they were given by the English media which spent weeks moaning + crying over some 'racist remarks' attributed to Spanish coach Aragones. The hostile atmosphere was created weeks before the match + the English do have their share in it. I do not condone the chants of course, but the typical fingerpointing is a too simple way of dealing with the problem.. as it usually is.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
scharatz said:
As far as I recall, you happen to be black too, pixiraver. How would you feel if a large section of the crowd made monkey noises at you every time you tried to do your job (play football in this case)? But, yeah, since they're English then it's fine... :rolleyes:

I have heard them, but it was never from such a large section of the crowd. Sad.

first of all scharatz i dont like racism and i never will,u dont have the right using me for an example u r only acting like the same spainards,anyway i am sorry they were shouting abuses at the black players,wright phillips and cole,that is not good for soccer,once again i am sorry for saying the deserved that but it also happens in England.

Last edited:

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
pixiraver said:
u r only acting like the same spainards
I'm acting like them? If I recall correctly, I'm the one who called them wankers and defended the players, whereas you and missy here said it was deserved. "It's their own fault". Sure...

And no, it doesn't happen in England. It used to happen in 70s and 80s but not anymore. Shame the rest of the world can't follow the example.