AC Milan - Champions League 2011/2012

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Do we have a chance to go on and win?

After tonight, it would seem we are through to the last 8. Could it be ibras year?

I think we do. We need good draws and a bit of luck.

We drew and barely lost against Barca. Had we, and Ibra especially, played like yesterday, we could have won.

I'm more scared of Madrid though. They are favorites.
A tiny step behind them are Barca, a tiny step behind them Milan and Bayern.

I think we'll have a better chance next year even if we wouldn't get any reinforcements this summer (which we hopefully do).

williamp

FODDERabt_H8r
Reaction score
Its a long shot but this team is tenacious, we proved we can beat anyone, even with this current team.

All Milan proved last night is that they could beat a team in an even shittier situation :lol:

Sometimes you guys are delusional.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
wont mind bayern without schweni and napoli before spanish ones in the final... we can do something good here ... please take boa away from melissa we want him here

what the heck is happening ... men getting pwned by women in milanello :fp:

Last edited:

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
The difference between league and CL is that in CL all you need is a good defense and an opportunist attack if you want to win it. We have those things if the main players aren't injured.

For league it's much more complicated.

Reaction score
I think that this year we have a chance to be champions in Champions League. We had a fantastic game against Arsenal and i hope to continue in that way....

I am only afraid of Barcelona...If we can reach the final, I am sure that we will win the cup...

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
AC Milan News @Milanello twitter

Bayern-chairman, Rummenigge: "Milan, Real Madrid and Barça are fantastic clubs. We've closed the gap a bit, but they're still ahead of us."

Bayern-chairman, Rummenigge: "In my opinion, the favorites to win the Champions League this season are Milan, Real Madrid and Barça.

Ham3t1899

Il negretto di famiglia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Van Basten, C.Valderrama, Z.Ibra, T.Silva, Kessie, Rodriguez, Locatelli, Belotti
The situation of one of the big four of the English Premier League, Arsenal Football Club is currently hitting the rock bottom. With the club facing defeat in the FA cup from Sunderland (2-0) and even a more humiliating defeat from LA LIGA'S giant AC Milan (4-0) at the Champions League. source:http://www.faniq.com/blog/So-whats-wrong-Arsenal-Blog-44926/ ( please excuse my language) I had no fucking idea that AC Milan were in La Liga?? i always thought that they were from Italy. silly me

Reaction score
hoping that we will face someone other than napoli, just for the sake of variance. even with the draw, madrid are nearly sure to go through. think inter can go past marseille? throughout this year, even though they suck it in the league they've been doing well in europe. im giving the advance to marseille though.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we would have to get a pretty lucky draw in the next round to at least reach the Semis. If we at least reach the final then anything can happen there.

But hopefully Real end up losing to either Bayern or Barca in the next round cz i fear them the most at the moment.

Then if its Milan, Barca, Bayern and 1 other team in semi finals we have a pretty good chance in going throught.

Its a very long shot but it can happen, and i think we have pretty bad luck with the draw its probably rigged anyway so well end up with the worse draw for no reason

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Bayern in the Quarter Final, Barca in the Semi, then Madrid in the Final.

If we manage to get through, it will be a fantastic season :lol:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
in latest training video . pippo works really hard

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
We've only played 3 good games this year..
Barcax2, Arsenal.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
Granted those 3 games were our most important CL games as of now, I would say that it is acceptable.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We've only played 3 good games this year..
Barcax2, Arsenal.

We played GREAT against Arsenal and Barca at San Siro. The performance in Camp Nou was great only if you took the circumstances into consideration.(Ibra, Binho, KPB out, no Aqua from start..MVB + injured Ambro playing) We were absolute shit with the ball for most of the game(Barca being the opponents isn't a good excuse) and while we did great defensively, defending with 9-10 men in your half is a lot easier than the usual task TS and Nesta have. I refused to say it back then, but now that we've proved we can give them tough competition without parking the bus like a Ranieri-coached team, I think we were lucky to get 1 point at Camp Nou.

Roma 2-3 Milan was a pretty good performance too. A bit shaky in the defense the last 10-15 mins, but the score line is misleading. We would've been up with 3 goals if Noce hadn't missed an open goal. Roma were in possession for most part, but we let them do their tikitaka since we benefited from it.

We've destroyed the small teams like no other(except RM).

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As long as we dont lose points to small teams at ALL, and manage to get a win against Juve in Serie A Scudetto should be ours, and if our best games are in the CL thats fine by me, hopefully they keep being our best games so we can actually go far this year, and hopefully use that money to buy some good players!

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Im really feeling like this is our year......... I would absolutely love to watch another CL final with us there.

Actually had a dream, we got to the final, against madrid. Ronaldo scores to make it 1-0, but its a really tight game with the best players doing reasonably well.
Enters pato, does a barca where straight after kickoff he runs through and scores. Then Ibra gets going, things start to click and now pato and ibra are killing it.
85th minute, pato bursts down the left on the counter, crosses to ibra and the chests before over head kicking it to the goal. Best dream Ive had in a long time lol.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I'd love that but I think we are some distance from Barcelona and Madrid, they have better individual players than us. We can play them and we can beat them but we'd start as the underdogs.

We're not favorites for CL this year. I'm just glad we're getting in the last 8 and hope for the best.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Im really feeling like this is our year......... I would absolutely love to watch another CL final with us there.

Actually had a dream, we got to the final, against madrid. Ronaldo scores to make it 1-0, but its a really tight game with the best players doing reasonably well.
Enters pato, does a barca where straight after kickoff he runs through and scores. Then Ibra gets going, things start to click and now pato and ibra are killing it.
85th minute, pato bursts down the left on the counter, crosses to ibra and the chests before over head kicking it to the goal. Best dream Ive had in a long time lol.

Longest dream I've ever heard. Your dream lasted 90 minutes. Nice dream though

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Damn it i bought a jersey with 7 cl patch :mad: will they change it to 8? or i have to buy another one :o

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
If we don't meet madrid or barca, I'm sure we can go on quite far. But I prefer meeting barca more than madrid, i hope they clash into each other in the next round or something. Madrid's speed is what would kill us, it works better against us than barca's tiki taka.

deadnoob

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If we don't meet madrid or barca, I'm sure we can go on quite far. But I prefer meeting barca more than madrid, i hope they clash into each other in the next round or something. Madrid's speed is what would kill us, it works better against us than barca's tiki taka.

I really hope Barca-Madrid meet next round as well (or even CSKA win :lol:) so that Madrid can be eliminated.

I think Madrid is the only team we wouldn't be able to beat in the final or over two legs. Barca we'd have trouble with over two legs - but in a single game, we would have a decent shot at it.

It is hard to say what the outcome of many of the fixtures are right now, outside of Milan, Napoli and Barca, but all those other teams we are better than besides Real.

Of course this is all on paper, if we do meet RM we could very well crush them, but I really do fear their counter attack.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
CL is alot about luck as well and given the way things are going, shit might actually get real :tongue: BUT you can just imagine how much more smug B&G will get. As it is their ego has caused us to fall this far since our last CL victory, which is what will happen if at all we may go on to win this. We would definitely have to prove our steal against either Barca or Real.

Last edited:

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is definitely going to be hard to win the CL, especially this year where all the smaller teams are performing. Even Apoel is in round of 16 and can be in round of 8. I dont know shit about them but their here.

Basel beating Bayern, who the hell expected that? even though they still have to play in Germany

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
If we get to the QF we can do very good business on the European coefficient.
Liverpool, Porto & Lyon are just ahead of us and the first 2 are out of Europe. Besiee that there is a good chance that a few teams out of pot 1 don't get into the CL next year. Lyon ( currently 6th), Chelsea, Arsenal & Inter are in trouble.

This could mean we get a lot nicer draw next year.

Special One

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, Gattuso, Abate, Kaka, Inzaghi, Boateng
i'd be happy if we can get to semis, it would help the club a lot financially, and help us attract more good players. I actually think we can beat barca and madrid, they're not unbeatable.

on a side note, was watching marseille beat printer last night, that ayew is some player, so is valbuena and their RB. I wouldnt be too thrilled if we get marseille in QF

Reaction score
im loving how napoli is performing in europe. them beating some major teams from england and germany is very entertaining to watch. id love to watch them win at the bridge. hope we dont meet them later, just for diversity.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I say bring on Real, Barca, or Bayern I sincerely think we can beat real and bayern people overate them on these boards, the only team that would probably beat us is Barca.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I swear epl fans are a bunch of pathetic demented turds. So fickle headed, first they say arsenal will beat the crapout of an aging, languid milan side who have the worst midfield in UCL. Now, once they lost the first leg by a lopsided score, epl fans blame their riduculous display on a shitty arsenal side who lost players like cesc, nasri n clichy earlier this season and also on the pitch that is apparently too thick for their liking. Fucking poltroons, suck a knob. We are milan, the greatest side of all, we usually step up our game in ucl, even though that hasnt been the case for the past few seasons. Right now, i feel madrid n barca to an extent are a level above us, but if we manage to avoid them in the next round there is none to stop us from clinching our 8th ucl crown, because once we reach semi's i believe we will be transformed into a completely different milan side especially when momentum is with us.

Last edited:

rosso_nero

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I say bring on Real, Barca, or Bayern I sincerely think we can beat real and bayern people overate them on these boards, the only team that would probably beat us is Barca.

Beating a depressing team seriously got your hopes up.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Beating a depressing team seriously got your hopes up.

Besides Barca and Real every team seems to be an depressing team in the moment.

Schedule