The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 15-01-2008, 15:29   #181
Centre
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirlo Fan
We overpaid for him
Thats an understatement.

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
AC MILAN. we big dick. deal with it.
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 16:28   #182
c.maldini
ROMÂNIA

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Kaka Pirlo Gattuso Pato Inzaghi Hagi Flamini Chivu Borriello

does anyone know why contra left? he played some good games and was even scoring . was it because of his ego , or something like that? I know that he said the next season that leaving milan was the greatest mistake of his career.
c.maldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2008, 17:20   #183
albion tifo
ACM

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.maldini
does anyone know why contra left? he played some good games and was even scoring . was it because of his ego , or something like that? I know that he said the next season that leaving milan was the greatest mistake of his career.
He was good and I liked him , If I remember well he has an fight with Inter or Juve player if my memory serves well , it was friendly game , after that incident Milan terminated his contract and he went in Spain Celta Vigo if im not wrong, from that I never heart from him, for sure he never shined there.

Signature
albion tifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 17:29   #184
c.maldini
ROMÂNIA

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Kaka Pirlo Gattuso Pato Inzaghi Hagi Flamini Chivu Borriello

he went to atletico madrid , and stayed there for a season or two..but he never showed what he can do , and was loaned & later sold. he could have been really good , but he has anger management problems.I know that in Romania he assaulted a cop & got a year with suspenssion or somthing like that.good legs foolish attitude.
c.maldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 00:30   #185
Cassius
¤ King Kaka ¤

Fav. Players: Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
Default intresting thread

here is just what one of our ex favorite player .. is doing and what he has to say about milan http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/jan19l.html
and i say ex cause PATO is going to take his place

Signature
ALE' ALE' ALE' MILAN ALE'
FORZA LOTTA VINCERAI
NON TI LASCEREMO MAI!

in Italia, in Europa e nel Mondo Ovunque tu sarai io ti seguiria
Cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 14:24   #186
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

Part of Ruud Gullit interview in soccernet.

Q. One of your former team-mates has the top job in Holland, tell me what you think about Marco Van Basten's tenure with the national team.
A. He did quite well, the Dutch are very particular about their football. They want to play for the beauty of it and that is not always the case. If we do not play in a beautiful way we get criticised. It is hard to play just for the points, on the other hand there is a question mark about whether we have as much talent as we think we have.

I think the good thing is that he does not care too much about the press and what they say. He has his results and of course he wants to play beautiful football but it is not possible all the time.

Q. Can you pay tribute to Marco Van Basten as a player?
A. Oh yeah, I think he is one of the best players I have ever played with. The funny thing is that when you play with him you don't realise it, you just notice that he does the things he has to do.

But after your career you realise how good he really was. I think he was excellent. He was quite complete as a striker. I think his own way of playing haunted him for a long time because he was so complete. He was technically very good, very quick, very good in the air, he could create his own goals and that is something that we look for all the time.

Link to complete interview : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature...b4pos1&cc=4716

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 20:56   #187
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Forza Milan...

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 24-06-2008 at 01:50.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 23:28   #188
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

ruud guillet(sp?) often is a pundit for the big matches in the premiership. i get the feeling that he really likes manutd because hes always sticking up for us when the biased pundits make us out to be bad.

ray wilkins is the same.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 23:31   #189
Centre
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
ruud guillet(sp?) often is a pundit for the big matches in the premiership. i get the feeling that he really likes manutd because hes always sticking up for us when the biased pundits make us out to be bad.

ray wilkins is the same.
Ruud Gullit just accepted the head coaching position at the LA Galaxy.

Signature

Quote:
Old 27-01-2008, 23:48   #190
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

yer i no, but he still comes here to watch the matches, he watched manutd vs liverpool december 16 and im sure hes wachtd since then aswell.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 23:52   #191
Centre
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
yer i no, but he still comes here to watch the matches, he watched manutd vs liverpool december 16 and im sure hes wachtd since then aswell.
If thats true then i stand corrected. I assumed he would be in the US.

Signature

Quote:
Old 28-01-2008, 18:14   #192
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One

Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri

Whatever happened to Luther Blissett? Ahahaha!

Signature

MILAN
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:44   #193
Italian Tsar
Face

Fav. Players: Maldini, Joe Cole, Owen, Cannavaro, Riquelme, Iniesta

Today is Vogel's b'day, but he is a free agent, I can't believe this. He was good at PSV.

Hughes tells Vogel to prove his worth

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes will give Swiss midfielder Johann Vogel two weeks to stake his claim for a contract.

The 30-year-old is on trial at Rovers after being released by Real Betis following a bust-up with the Spanish club.

Hughes said: 'Johann Vogel has the right pedigree, but his career came to a stop because he had a dispute with his previous club that took six months to untangle.

'I've seen him play many, many times - and he is the right quality. But the situation is we have to see if he would be fit enough to make an impact over the rest of this season or whether we should consider it for next season.'

Quinton Fortune is also training with Rovers in the hope of getting a contract, but a decision on the former Manchester United winger will also be delayed because the South African has picked up a minor hamstring injury.

'Nothing will be decided in the next couple of weeks on either player,' said Hughes.

Signature

KINGS ALL
Italian Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:57   #194
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Don't know if this is on/off topic, but should a team (say italian one) sign a player who is a free agent at this moment be registered and play for the team, or he would only be able to play Coppa or nothing until next season?

Maybe a bit dumb, but with the serious lack of depth in our team we do need to consider everything.

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:20   #195
Italian Tsar
Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Don't know if this is on/off topic, but should a team (say italian one) sign a player who is a free agent at this moment be registered and play for the team, or he would only be able to play Coppa or nothing until next season?

Maybe a bit dumb, but with the serious lack of depth in our team we do need to consider everything.
I think if he isn't cup-tied, he can play for us in any competition. I am not sure if I understand your question, but you might recall Ronaldo not being able to play in the CL, but helping us reach 4th place last year.

Signature

KINGS ALL
Old 08-03-2008, 07:36   #196
inomilan
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Tsar
I think if he isn't cup-tied, he can play for us in any competition. I am not sure if I understand your question, but you might recall Ronaldo not being able to play in the CL, but helping us reach 4th place last year.
I think he's asking if we sign a free agent outside the transfer window, does that mean he can't play for us this season, but can next season. As for the answer, i believe you can sign and play free agents anytime of the season.

Signature
inomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:12   #197
Italian Tsar
Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomilan
I think he's asking if we sign a free agent outside the transfer window, does that mean he can't play for us this season, but can next season. As for the answer, i believe you can sign and play free agents anytime of the season.
If that's the case, I think a free agent can play for his new team in the same season. Laurent Robert, if I am not mistaken, signed for Derby County when he was a free agent, after his time at Levante, and is now playing for them. Newcastle have just signed Lamine Diatta, a free agent who had been playing for Besiktas, and signs are, he'll figure in the upcoming Premier League games.

Signature

KINGS ALL
Old 09-03-2008, 19:52   #198
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Thanks, I thought so, but wasn't sure.

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2008, 22:49   #199
paijo17
BAyond Godlike

Fav. Players: Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..

Vogel relishing chance with Rovers
Wed 19 Mar, 11:30 AM

Switzerland international Johann Vogel is determined to make an impact in the Premier League after signing a permanent deal with Blackburn.Vogel has played at the highest level in Europe with Real Betis, AC Milan, and PSV Eindhoven among his previous clubs.

The 31-year-old defensive midfielder, who captained Switzerland at the 2006 World Cup, was a free agent after being released from Betis after a legal dispute with the club.

Subject to international clearance, Vogel has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal with the option of a further year.

Vogel told the club's official website: "I'm very happy the deal is done. I've had two weeks training with the squad and they have made a good impression. I was very impressed with the quality of the squad.

"It has always been an objective of mine to play in England, I can't wait to get started. If I am given my chance to play then I will do my best. If the manager thinks I'm ready then I will grab my chance."

----------------------------------------------------------------
Good luck Vogel!!!
paijo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 00:05   #200
Madridista
Disco

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Cassano, Drogba, Pandev, Balotelli, Benzema, Kaka, Isco

Can anyone tell me whats Milan's fans' opinion on Gullit before, but especially after his latest comments on Milan and Maldini; the Dutch trio of the late 80ties early 90ties holds a lot of respect but it seems Ruud is the least popular of them as far as I see, can someone explain why?

Signature

#ForeverMario
Madridista is offline   Reply With Quote