Denmark
Senegal

May 31 France v Senegal
June 1 Uruguay v Denmark
June 6 Senegal v Denmark
June 6 France v Uruguay
June 11 France v Denmark
June 11 Senegal v Uruguay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group B:
Spain
Paraguay
South Africa
Slovenia

June 2 Paraguay v South Africa
June 2 Spain v Slovenia
June 7 Spain v Paraguay
June 8 Slovenia v South Africa
June 12 Spain v South Africa
June 12 Slovenia v Paraguay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Schatarz - Is this for predictions. I hope so he are mine with only 3 days to go. These are my final predicions: ;) :)
----------------------------------------------
Group A:
1. France - 9
2. Denmark - 4
3. Uruguay - 3
4. Senegal - 1

May 31 France 3-1 Senegal-------Wrong: France 0-1 Senegal(good call SR)
June 1 Uruguay 0-2 Denmark-------Correct Winner: Uruguay 1-2 Denmark(go Tomasson)
June 6 Senegal 2-2 Denmark-------Corect Result: Senegal 1-1 Denmark
June 6 France 2-0 Uruguay-------Wrong: France 0-0 Uruguay
June 11 France 3-2 Denmark
June 11 Senegal 1-2 Uruguay

------------------------------------------------

Group B:
1. Spain - 7
2. Paraguay - 7
3. Slovenia - 3
4. South Africa - 0

June 2 Paraguay 2-0 South Africa-------Wrong: Paraguay 2-2 South Africa
June 2 Spain 3-1 Slovenia-------Perfect: Spain 3-1 Slovenia
June 7 Spain 1-1 Paraguay-------Wrong: Spain 3-1 Paraguay
June 8 Slovenia 2-1 South Africa
June 12 Spain 4-0 South Africa
June 12 Slovenia 1-2 Paraguay

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
seamus, these threads are for everything regarding the groups in the title. from personal views and comments of the games and players, events (players getting drunk in a pub :eek: ) to the usa heading home from the WC in the first round... ha ha ha :D

everything ;)

scharatz

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hey that was a cheap shot - you owe me a beer :beer: :D But you are so right - People here are so upbeat here and think that we have a shot at the group of 8. Now I try to be as patriotic as the next guy and I am rooting for them, but that is crazy. It will be a miricel if we get out of the groups. :D I am telling you Italy are the team to bet this year!!!

Serbian Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Group A:
France 7
Uruguay 5
Senegal 4
Denmark 0 :D

May 31 France v Senegal 1
June 1 Uruguay v Denmark 1
June 6 Senegal v Denmark 1
June 6 France v Uruguay X
June 11 France v Denmark 1
June 11 Senegal v Uruguay X
Group B:
Spain 7
Slovenia 5
Paraguay 2
South Africa 1

June 2 Paraguay v South Africa X
June 2 Spain v Slovenia X
June 7 Spain v Paraguay 1
June 8 Slovenia v South Africa 1
June 12 Spain v South Africa 1
June 12 Slovenia v Paraguay X

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Serbian Rossoneri said:
ha ha ha! :D
what planet are you from man!? only thing you are missing is "senegal on top of the world"

do you really think senegal will beat denmark!? ha ha ha :D
and why do you underestimate denmark so much? they aren't the best but there is no chance that they finish their group stages with 0 points after games with uruguay and senegal!

what kind of things you can hear here!!! :head:

ha ha ha :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
just for you SR!!! :D

soccerage.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senegal Star Fadiga Involved In Alleged Shoplifting Incident

Star Senegal winger Khalilou Fadiga was booked by police for stealing a gold necklace late Sunday night, according to Korean security chief Koh Young Sung.

He was not arrested but police questioned him and he admitted stealing the 300,000 won piece of jewelry (that's 263 euros) when a shop-keeper wasn't looking.

The spokesman for the Senegal World Cup team denied those allegations and pointed out he had no knowledge of such an incident involving one of his players.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ha ha haaaaa :D

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not much to say about these groups. I'd go for France & Uruguay plus Spain & Paraguay/Slovenia.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW... Guess what... SENEGAL WON!!!

Oh man, it was delirious when they have scored after the biggest chain of errors ever made in the WC. :D

Diouf is really something... a great player... the French looked very stressed.

Three matches coming up tomorrow... I can't wait!

GO... err... no one... :tongue: ;)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
ha ha ha :D

ok, SR you have a :beer: on me ;)

well... the fact is approved that fabian barthez IS a rich man... i wonder how much the oppenents pay him to make such... i'll say 'things' :conf: :D

if the WC goes on like this... who knows seamus. usa can actually win it! :D

scharatz

ps. player ratings from soccerage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FRANCE: Barthez 6, Lizarazu 7, Desailly 5.5, Thuram 7, Leboeuf 5.5, Vieira 8, Petit 6, Wiltord 5.5 (Cisse 6), Djorkaeff 6 (Dugarry 5), Henry 7, Trezeguet 5.5

THE BEST

Patrick Vieira was a dominant force in the middle of the park as he drove his team on. He was often overcrowded, though, by Senegal's hardworking midfield featuring the magnificent Fadiga.

THE WORST

Frank Leboeuf was often given the run around by the excellent Diouf and forced into some clumsy fouls in the first-half. Desailly also endured a tough evening.

SENEGAL: Tony Sylva 7.5, Omar Daf 6, Pape Malick Diop 6, Aliou Cisse 6, Lamine Diatta 6.5, Ferdinand Coly 6, Khalilou Fadiga 7, Moussa Ndiaye 6, Salif Diao 6, Pape Bouba Diop 6.5, El Hadji Diouf 6.5

THE BEST

Silva-Fantastic performance by the Senegal goalkeeper who managed to keep every single attack by the World Champions at bay, especially in the last minutes when Lebeouf missed a blinder.

THE WORST

The worst? These guys beat the World Champions.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This day is unbeliveably sports crazy for me. I got up at 4:00 am to watch France vs. Senegal and then went to work. I am getting off early to go to a baseball game this afternoon. The guy I am going to the game with has a portable television, so during the ballgame we are going to watch the 2 NBA basketball playoff finals (go Sacramento Kings!). We should be done with that around 10:00pm then have to race to the bar to see Ireland/Cameroon at 11:30pm then there are 2 more WC games on at 1:30 and 3:30am Sat morning which we will stay at the bar for. What a great day.

I get to watch 7 different sporting events. What a great world we live in that things like this are possible. :D

-----------------------------
scharatz-Posted: Fri May 31, 2002 7:40 am

if the WC goes on like this... who knows seamus. usa can actually win it!

Don't hold you breath :tongue: :D, but I am trying to be more positive about their chances. Problem is if US goes through they will play Italy. Then I might have to fight some of my friends here. ;) They already give me shit for being and Italy fan over a US fan. But I must stay true to my Azzurri. :D

mrs sheva

Primavera
Reaction score
Wow. wadda fantastic matcch betwen France & Senegal :D . I was da only 1 who supports Senegal, everybody said that i`m crazy 2 support such an average team while they play against da WORLD CHAMPIONS, but look at what happened :eek: . they won :naughty: . I`m sooooooooo happy. I hate da French team since Euro 2000. I hope the French continue with these results.
ITALY IS THE WORLD CHAMPION

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You weren't the only one cheering for Senegal, mrs sheva. Most of the rest of the world cheered for them, not because we hate France, but because Senegal are the underdogs. I still think France will get out of the groups and make it to the final. But a guy like Deschamps is finished. He's career is over. Same for Leboeuf.

That's great stuff Seamus. It's summer here already - 01 a.m. - and I'll wake up at 09:20, watch the three WC games, then watch the decisive matches for the Romanian league and then go to the stadium for a capital match for Farul, vs. Petrolul. That's about 6 matches. Not bad, eh? And oh... soccer only. ;)

Regards & Forza MILAN!,
David

Rex

Reaction score
It's a great stuff Senegal with 'their Vodoo' crushed the Frenchmen by 1 goal victory. If they keep playing like in first match, I think they could advance to 2nd round accompany France or Uruguay. About the Frenchmen, It would have not been their year again. ;) :D

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
JON DAHL TOMASSOOOOON!!! :eek:

what a great performance from tomasson and laursen!

denmark 1:0 uruguay at the halftime

what's up SR!? :)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
tomasson again :eek:

what a performance!

have you seen laursen's jump (sometime around 65th minute). he actually put his knee on a guy's head! :conf:
great game for laursen and tomasson!

helveg didn't show much in the 1st half but he was quite good in the 2nd half! i liked how he pushed rodrigez and looked at him like "what the fuck do you want!?" :D

SR, you know that beer i promised you for the senegal game? you can forget it! :D

scharatz

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Danemark 2-1 Uruguay

2x Tomasson
1x Rodriguez

If Jon Dahl play for Danemark like he plays for his clubs, we will win Scudetto.

Serbian Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i am VERY, glad to hear this!

two goal!!!!!

He is very good player!
I want to see him in regular 11 in next season!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
France 0-1 Senegal: France didn't look very good in the midfield and looked horrible in the middle of the defence. Leboeuf should be bench for his performance and with out Zidane, France has a lot of problems creating anything. Senegal looked great in defence.

Denmark 2-1 Uruguay: Uruguray had a great goal from Rodrigurez. I have 3 words about this match JON DAHL TOMASSON. If he keeps playing like this Milan might have to go with 3 fowards, he has been outstanding in his last couple of games.

Paraguay 2-2 South Africa: Paraguary looked good, but gave the game away with bad decision making and stupid fouls.

Spain 3-1 Slovenia: Spain looked like they were off to another ruff start, but Raul came through for them and by the 60th minute they had put it all together and were playing up to their potential.

Serbian Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
scharatz said:
Serbian Rossoneri said:
ha ha ha! :D
what planet are you from man!? only thing you are missing is "senegal on top of the world"

What is now man?????????????????? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Rex

Reaction score
Djorkaeff wasn't the right player instead of Zidane's role to play as a playmaker. He is old and comparing with Zidane, he's under Zizou on the capability matter. I heard Micoud will replace Zizou's spot while he's still not fit 100% on the field in the next match.

Let's see how the result end.

Rex

Reaction score
After a dissapointed 0-0 draw France over Uruguay, it's probably hard to go advance to next round for defended champion. Either Senegal or Denmark will move on. ;)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
slovenia are OUT :cool:

they lost 1:0 to s africa :D

i expected more from slovania...

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
scharatz - Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:47 am  

slovenia are OUT
they lost 1:0 to s africa
i expected more from slovania...

So did I, but it doesn't help when your coach is not allowed to sit on the sidelines. The fourth official came over and made slovania's coach leave, but didn't give a him a yellow??? He just made him that he had to go sit in the stands.
What the hell is that? I know... another stupid as official in the world cup. These guys aree a joke. How is it possible that the refs are so bad? I mean they really suck. there was one point where Slovania had the ball next to the sideline and a South African player came in with a hard tackle and the ball went out. The official called a foul on the south african player and gave him a yellow card. The he gave the ball to south africa on a throw in. Does that make any sence at all??? Something need to be done.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
soccerage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World Cup Preview: France V Denmark

The World and European champions are in trouble, real trouble! France came into this World Cup as favourites, but could be leaving as early as tomorrow and become the first reigning champions to be knocked out in the first round since Brazil in 1966.

I am sure there were not many people who would have predicted that Denmark would be in the driving seat going into their showdown with France, but that is very much the case. Roger Lemerre's supremely talented squad by their own admission are on the brink of failure and don't only need to beat Denmark, but must do so by two goals.

Denmark should rightly be fancying their chances of denying France their requirement of a two-goal victory as Les Bleus are yet to find the net at this World Cup and are without Thierry Henry.

Morten Olsen's side would have taken four points from their opening two games prior to the World Cup, and certainly during the matches themselves, as it took a late winner to beat Uruguay and they were hanging on to a point in the second half against Senegal.

The Danes suffered in the second half of their previous match against Senegal as a result of the heat and humidity that comes with an early kick off and they can expect the same conditions against France, although the French are unlikely to find the conditions much easier to deal with.

TEAM NEWS

The big question for France is whether Zinedine Zidane will put on his boots for the first time at this World Cup. His loss has been France's biggest blow and in an ideal World they would dearly have loved to have sealed their qualification by now so that the Real Madrid superstar could rest for another game. However, his team-mates failures look set to force him back in action, possibly prematurely, and at what cost remains to be seen.

The need for Zidane is increased by Emmanuel Petit's absence through suspension having been booked in both of their group matches. Henry is also suspended following his rash lunge against Uruguay that earned him a straight red card. Christoph Dugarry and Claude Makelele should come in for Henry and Petit, while Johan Micoud is likely to be the man who makes way for Zidane.

Barcelona's Philippe Christanval is tipped to be the man to replace Frank Leboeuf after the Marseille defended limped off with a hamstring injury against Uruguay, even though Vincent Candela was the man who replaced him in that match.

Denmark are in the fortunate position of having a full strength squad at their disposal. Olsen is unlikely to change his starting line-up, although Marin Jorgensen will be hoping for a place in the starting line-up, possibly at the expense of Dennis Rommedahl.

PROBABLE LINE UPS

France: 4-3-3 - Barthez; Lizarazu, Desailly, Christanval Thuram; Makelele, Vieira, Zidane; Wiltord, Trezeguet, Dugarry.

Denmark: 4-3-3 - Sorensen; Heintze, Henriksen, Laursen, Helveg; Tofting, Gravesen, Tomasson; Rommedahl, Sand, Gronkjaer.

WHO IS HOT

France's problem has been that nobody has been hot at this World Cup so far. Defensively they have been worryingly easy to breach, the midfield has lacked the creative inspiration of Zidane and Robert Pires, while the strike force hasn't had any conviction.

John Dahl Tomasson is living up to his nickname in Denmark of 'Jonaldo' with three goals in his two matches and the Milan bound player has been a constant threat. His future team-mates at the San Siro Thomas Helveg and especially Martin Laursen have been brilliant in defence and they will have to be on top form against France.

WHO IS NOT

David Trezeguet was many people's tip for the Golden Boot award during the build-up for the World Cup yet he hasn't hit the net and has rarely looked like doing so, especially against Uruguay.

As a whole Denmark have performed as well as could be expected of them and I wouldn't single out any player in particular as having had a poor World Cup. Schalke striker Ebbe Sand has been quiet in both of Denmark's matches, but that has had more to do with the service he has received. Dennis Rommendahl has also been a tad disappointing, as has Martin Jorgensen in both of his substitute appearances.

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

History suggests the winner of Tuesday's match will go on to win the World Cup. In 1984 France beat Denmark 1-0 and went on to win the European Championships, as did Denmark in 1992 after they had beaten France 2-1 on route to success. France also beat Denmark on route to success in the 1998 World Cup and 2000 European Championships.

In five friendlies between the teams both teams have won twice and there has been one draw between them. France won the last meeting 1-0 in 2001.

I am sure there will be no repeat of the first two meetings between these two nations in the 1908 Olympic games. Denmark won 9-0 and 17-0, although this World Cup has sprung a few major surprises, so who knows?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a tear came to my eye!
proud.gif

scharatz :D

Rex

Reaction score
If France only can get a draw result, it's hard to advance to next round or say goodbye to WC in Korea-Japan. :eek:

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
FINISHED! FRANCE IS OUT, DENMARK ON TOP :cool:

www.acmilan-online.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
World Cup: France 0-2 Denmark
11.6 || unknown

France have been humiliatingly eliminated from the World Cup at the first round stage after suffering a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Denmark, who qualify from Group A as winners with Senegal joining them in the second round after drawing with Uruguay 3-3.

Not only have France become the first reigning champions to fail to get past the opening round since Brazil in 1966, but they have also finished bottom of their group with just one point and no goals scored for their troubles.

Denmark were happy to allow France to dominate the possession in the early stages, as they were confident in their own ability to keep out Roger Lemerre's side, who were without Thierry Henry and had yet to score at this World Cup.

Disaster struck for France when Dennis Rommedahl capitalised on a rare chance for the Danes after being left alone at the back post to fire past Fabian Barthez after 22 minutes, leaving France facing an absolute miracle to progress if they didn't already.

David Trezeguet could be left to roe an act of selfishness after 17 minutes that saw him elect to shoot when a simple pass to Sylvain Wiltord would have surely give France the lead. Thomas Sorensen denied the Juventus striker and he did so again on the half hour mark to keep out and hold onto a low header by Trezeguet.

The expected onslaught on Denmark's goal simply didn't materialise and a shell-shocked France looked like a beaten side. An obviously far from fully fit Zinedine Zidane did show glimpses of his capabilities, but it was apparent that he conscious of aggravating his injury and that affected his influence on the game. The Real Madrid star did come close to giving Les Bleus a major lift prior to half time, but his fabulous attempt to curl the ball around Sorensen missed by no more than a yard.

Five minutes into the second half Marcel Desailly saw his header rebound off the face of the bar and that was perhaps a sign that this just wasn't going to be France's World Cup.

The expected onslaught on Denmark's goal simply didn't materialise and Morten Olsen's side sealed victory and France's fate after 64-minutes. Jesper Gronkjaer's low cross was clinically met by John Dahl Tomasson for his fourth goal of the World Cup.

France continued to chase a goal if for nothing else other than to restore some of their shattered pride. However, they were continued to be without any luck whatsoever. Second half substitute Djilbril Cisse was denied by Sorensen and Trezeguet saw his header rebound of the underside of the ball and for him land the wrong side of the post.

Denmark: Thomas Sorensen; Thomas Helveg, Rene Henriksen, Martin Laursen, Niclas Jensen; Dennis Rommedahl, Thomas Gravesen, Stig Tofting, Martin Jorgensen; Christian Poulsen, Jon Dahl Tomasson.

France : Fabien Barthez; Vincent Candela, Lilian Thuram, Marcel Desailly, Bixente Lizarazu; Patrick Vieira, Claude Makelele; Sylvain Wiltord, Zinedine Zidane, Christophe Dugarry; David Trezeguet .

Referee: Vitor Melo Pereira (Portugal).

Schedule