• nain

Votes: 36 42.4%

• Total voters

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
It's official!!

FIFA announced former Dutch football international Marco van Basten has been appointed as Chief Officer for Technical Development.
In his new capacity, van Basten will be heading up all technical areas ranging from football technology innovation to refereeing. The Ajax and AC Milan icon and former coach of Ajax, AZ Alkmaar and the Dutch national team will officially start his new assignment next week.
Today he paid a first visit to the Home of FIFA in Zurich where he was welcomed by FIFA President Gianni Infantino and by the Deputy Secretary General (Football) Zvonimir Boban.

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
Happy Birth day swan of utrecht :star: :star: :star:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Happy Birthday Marco

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Marcolino :proud:

uff389_1989.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Yes, I do.

Weah
Baggio
Sheva
Savicevic
R9

All 5 were better forwards.

I meant at Milan..Weah yeah maybe..Baggio and r9 didn't play their best football for Milan...

Sheva is my favourite player of all time..But no Ibrahimovic is a better player...Although Sheva performed better in cl

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if you constantly losing in CL you cant be even considered to be one of the best milan players that won 7 CLs.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Ibra is still preforming at 35, Sheva bombed after going to Chelsea. IMO ibra is a more complete player than sheva. Still I like sheva more.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
A good excuse to bump this legend's thread:

Goal.com
Netherlands great Van Basten to leave FIFA technical director role

Stephen Creek

The Netherlands and AC Milan great has announced he is to step down from his role at FIFA after two years.

Marco van Basten has announced he will step down from his role as FIFA's head of technical development at the end of October in a decision made by mutual consent.

The Netherlands great said his decision to leave the position after two years was driven in part by a desire to spend more time with his family.

Van Basten described the introduction of VAR at the 2018 World Cup in Russia as a beautiful milestone as he reflected on his work with member states to promote technology, coaching and improvements in refereeing.

In a statement, the 53-year-old said: "After two good and interesting years, I decided to put down my task, especially because [it will mean] I can spend more time with my family in Amsterdam.

"I learned a lot in this position, where I was able to influence football from the other side. The World Cup in Russia with the introduction of VAR was a nice milestone."

During his time at FIFA, Van Basten was involved in the creation of the International Football Association Board's 'Play Fair' document, which aimed to improve fairness, attractiveness, respect and player behaviour.

The document had little impact but FIFA's deputy secretary general Zvonimir Boban thanked Van Basten for his work, saying: "He has been instrumental in the growth and development of FIFA's technical division.

"He has also contributed to the successful introduction of new technology into football."

I thought he was an assistant manager or technical director somewhere in Holland these days. Nice to know our legends are still out there making a difference in football.

Last edited:

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
How can such a tall man be that graceful in 1980s.

Height: 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)

Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Last edited:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Best ever striker along with phenmeno Ronaldo. Career cut short otherwise be would have won 2 more champions leagues and 2 or 3 more league titles.