Gianmarco Zigoni Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
he was fine, he likely would have scored is Abate didnt stupid kick the ball. For how shit Borriello and Pippo have been I wanna see more Zigoni

Double_Face_Palm_by_RIOTmon.jpg

He was unbelieveably slow. I don't know if he's slow or not, but the GAME was too fast for him, which is a sign he is nowhere NEAR ready. Even when young Paloschi came in he was not like this.

BTW that ball abate had, he WON with his athletic play, a play i doubt half Milan's squad could make, he did a poor job with it but remember his body was going complete opposite direction. If he settled it and tried to give it to zigoni, he wouldn't have got a shot cause defender was RIGHT on him. Re-watch the replay, zigoni re-acted so slow, Abate did not... he made a poor decision, but he also got himself in position to make it...

Dru is 100% right. He's not ready yet.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
maybe it takes more than 15 minutes to adjust from the Primavera to the Seniors? to look at the shit we have put out at striker the last few weeks and to say that he is for sure not ready doesnt make sense. If we looked at Pippo and Borri this game the same way they arent ready yet either.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Don't want to see this guy again for a loooong time in our shirt again. Yeah he's young and blah blah but I want to see a whole lot of Verdi, Beretta and Adiyah before I see Zigoni again. Very unimpressive/uninspiring. Not saying that he's shit...but he's gotten a few chances thus far and has shown NOTHING. I want to see Beretta and Adiyah now :mad:

Of course there must have been some nerves involved, but this games are good for our youngsters. Leo probably played him instead for verdi or beretta because he must have shown better form/ability in training lately. It's hard for us to evens speculate about which one of our youngsters should play.

I'm not saying zigoni are great or something, first time i've seen him play.I'm happy leo tried something, remember his bench today. When this unknown players come in, the defenders don't know them, anything can happen.

Dru is 100% right. He's not ready yet.

And you saw that in 15 minutes?

How has for example huntelaar or inzaghi looked like when they jump in with 15 minutes left? You can't tell if he's "ready" or not in 15 minutes.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
maybe it takes more than 15 minutes to adjust from the Primavera to the Seniors? to look at the shit we have put out at striker the last few weeks and to say that he is for sure not ready doesnt make sense. If we looked at Pippo and Borri this game the same way they arent ready yet either.
:rolleyes: The point is not the amount of time he's had (something Hunt fans don't get either). But it's what he's done with it....and that's 0. I want to see Beretta get a crack. Heard that he's the next Vieri. If so that would be awesome since i think few people know that Vieri was not only very clinical but also very fast (forget for a guy his size). We could potentially have cm exciting addition to our attack

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
:rolleyes: The point is not the amount of time he's had (something Hunt fans don't get either). But it's what he's done with it....and that's 0. I want to see Beretta get a crack. Heard that he's the next Vieri. If so that would be awesome since i think few people know that Vieri was not only very clinical but also very fast (forget for a guy his size). We could potentially have cm exciting addition to our attack

dru you're missing the point. when you don't touch the ball, make runs or get involved at all like huntelaar (or young zigoni today) you r intrinsically better than someone who tries and fails.

It's that mysterious factor that lets some claim they r amazing, they just didn't have chance to 'show it' cause selfish seedorf, abate, ronaldinho whoever took the ball (um by making an actual move usually).

We can call it the batman factor. You don't even see zigoni, he's so good

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dru you're missing the point. when you don't touch the ball, make runs or get involved at all like huntelaar (or young zigoni today) you r intrinsically better than someone who tries and fails.

It's that mysterious factor that lets some claim they r amazing, they just didn't have chance to 'show it' cause selfish seedorf, abate, ronaldinho whoever took the ball (um by making an actual move usually).

We can call it the batman factor. You don't even see zigoni, he's so good
bwhahahahahaaaayz :D :D :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he was bad, one sec milano you persist for some one young like abate who has been shit day in and day out and you take out a young striker who was put in pressure cooker situation fr 15 minutes

champion

is that anything to do with your pippo bias

as i see today zigoni was as good as pippo ---> that means nothing, anyway zigoni didnt waste any time on offside shits.

2 goals in one season and legend continues :eek:

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Of course there must have been some nerves involved, but this games are good for our youngsters. Leo probably played him instead for verdi or beretta because he must have shown better form/ability in training lately. It's hard for us to evens speculate about which one of our youngsters should play.

I'm not saying zigoni are great or something, first time i've seen him play.I'm happy leo tried something, remember his bench today. When this unknown players come in, the defenders don't know them, anything can happen.

The First Time I Saw The Lad Was In Dallas Texas vs Club America (Mexico) During The Tournament Wich Was played with several other teams. G.Zigoni Had Several chances in the game got involved in plays, made runs was'nt very fast but yet was aggressive and had plenty headers his way (he's very tall). Being So Tall He Reminds me Of A Luca Toni. In Today's Game 15 minutes in this pivitol game i'm sure was nerve racking for a 17 year old. I do remember a Play when Seedorf Danced thru the box but kept the ball. Instinctively Zigo Made A Run And Was OnSide ! Seedorf Lost The Ball When Zigo Was Open.

I Give Zigo A 6 For His Performance & Hopefully Can See Him Again Next Week.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I wasn't expecting a Paloschi (tried to be reasonable). But dammit when that first cross came in towards him I was 5 feet in the air. A bit disappointed that he disappeared after that but its his first (of hopefully many) appearance. Forza Zigoni! :star:

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting a Paloschi (tried to be reasonable). But dammit when that first cross came in towards him I was 5 feet in the air. A bit disappointed that he disappeared after that but its his first (of hopefully many) appearance. Forza Zigoni! :star:

U And Me Both ! Lol Forza Zigoni ! His Height Gives Us Another Dimension To Our Game. He Cant Be Any Worse Than Pippo,Borri,Huntelaar !

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
The First Time I Saw The Lad Was In Dallas Texas vs Club America (Mexico) During The Tournament Wich Was played with several other teams. G.Zigoni Had Several chances in the game got involved in plays, made runs was'nt very fast but yet was aggressive and had plenty headers his way (he's very tall). Being So Tall He Reminds me Of A Luca Toni. In Today's Game 15 minutes in this pivitol game i'm sure was nerve racking for a 17 year old. I do remember a Play when Seedorf Danced thru the box but kept the ball. Instinctively Zigo Made A Run And Was OnSide ! Seedorf Lost The Ball When Zigo Was Open.

I Give Zigo A 6 For His Performance & Hopefully Can See Him Again Next Week.

yeah, I wanna see more of him, I would like him to get a chance

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:rolleyes: Sigh....What Milano84 is trying to explain here is that he looks not ready to play @ the highest level. NOTHING about his game says that he is. Someone on the forum once said that where speed is concerned the first couple of yards is in your brain. And despite Pirlo, dorf and dinho not having good pace they can get by because their mind is prepared and they at least have some idea about what they intend to do. The kid looks clueless. I don't care about the mistakes, bad touches missed sitters etc. These are natural and normal esp for young players. But can he cut it at this level? That's the million dollar question. Personally I'd like to see one of our kids come on and shoot up the place....whether that's Beretta or Adiyah. Show some intent ffs! Zigoni to too nondescript. And that type of striker (gila is the epitome of it imho) will not survive here.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
He looks nervous and a bit clueless yes, maybe it's bit normal considering it's his first appearance in the first team. about Paloschi, well he did had a game in the copa before playing in serie A. The kid was thrown out to do something in a tight game, maybe his not ready for such a task... though I kinda see that Verdi (he was caught by the camera on the bench) look more eager to play than Zigoni..maybe it's the confidence

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
he was bad, one sec milano you persist for some one young like abate who has been shit day in and day out and you take out a young striker who was put in pressure cooker situation fr 15 minutes

Ok, i might have been too sarcastic. My only point is he didn't seem AT ALL ready. Pippo knows what he's doing. His skills ma be fading but i have more faith in him. Zigoni, it's detrimental to play him... we're not talking about pato benched or even paloschi. He's faar behind where paloschi was. Paloschi was aggressive, and got involved and ran and thats REALLY what impressed me about Alberto, his skills were unrefined but he had a very high understanding of what to do for a 17 year old. Zigoni looked literally LOST

Abate, again, may be mediocre, but he runs his ass off and has an idea of what to do.... honestly, zigoni looked like a random guy picked off street he was soo lost

All i'm saying is Zigoni is better suited playing in primavera and getting loaned to Serie B now. He's 18 ffs. I don't think he's physically slow but he looked so slow cause he was completely lost. Iunno, give him time.

edit: EXACTLY 100% what Dru said.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Still 15 minutes guys... 15 minutes against a team that were defending.

How any of you think you can judge a player you never have seen before in 15 minutes is beyond me. You should be appointed as scouts. Leo's former job might be available :D

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Still 15 minutes guys... 15 minutes against a team that were defending.

How any of you think you can judge a player you never have seen before in 15 minutes is beyond me.
You should be appointed as scouts. Leo's former job might be available :D
we HAVE seen him before. And no one's saying he's shit. For all we know he might develop into a world class striker and the fact that I even doubted him might make me look foolish.

All I'm saying is that he doesn't look ready to me and one option should be to try a kid who might feel more comfortable running with the big fish.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
alright, I understand mate...

I not looking for an argument about this guy since I know very little about him. All I'm saying is maybe verdi or adiyah could have done a better job yesterday. But I think leo knew which one of them was most ready for the job. We don't see these guys on a regular basis. It's almost impossible for us to even speculate about which one of them are most ready.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Don't want to see this guy again for a loooong time in our shirt again. Yeah he's young and blah blah but I want to see a whole lot of Verdi, Beretta and Adiyah before I see Zigoni again. Very unimpressive/uninspiring. Not saying that he's shit...but he's gotten a few chances thus far and has shown NOTHING. I want to see Beretta and Adiyah now :mad:

I agree he was utter garbage but wasn't this his debut?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I agree he was utter garbage but wasn't this his debut?

It was and its a really good reason not to give him any playing time soon in the near future.Even if he does have some hidden potential in him ,that he didn't show on his debut he lacks the main attribute that is required to be successful in a top club : dealing with the pressure.

M

MassterMark

i think too that zigoni is bad version of borriello, even for his young age. just like aquafresca.
for now he is NOT our future.

better to have quick and maybe small attacker, but with speed and brilliant techniq on the ball. otherwise you are mediocrace attacker like borriello is.:head:

NOT GOOD FOR NOW!!

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
I think the kid needs a break. Our senior strikers failed to make any impact for 75 mins and we expected a kid to make something in 15 mins...

He didn't do a great job but he deserves some slack...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
It was and its a really good reason not to give him any playing time soon in the near future.Even if he does have some hidden potential in him ,that he didn't show on his debut he lacks the main attribute that is required to be successful in a top club : dealing with the pressure.

lol what a load of shite.

a young kid from primavera is thrown to lions den and people are bashing him cause he couldnt part the red sea :o

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable

a young kid from primavera is thrown to lions den and people are bashing him cause he couldnt part the red sea :o

Well isn't that how players are supposed to be judged? We did the same for Gourcuff, didn't we? ;)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The funny thing if the ball had hit borries head, seedorfs dick, the post and via zigoni ass into the goal. He would be labelled as the new van basten. ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG he must play all the remaining games!!

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well isn't that how players are supposed to be judged? We did the same for Gourcuff, didn't we? ;)
oh he has confidence issue:o
The funny thing if the ball had hit borries head, seedorfs dick, the post and via zigoni ass into the goal. He would be labelled as the new van basten. ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG he must play all the remaining games!!

paloschi is going to win golden boot this year

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Yes he is expected to make a instant impact.Cause Milan is a world class club not Atalanta or some shit.Take a history lesson and see that great players ,made great impact from the primavera to the first team.Actually the guy ur jizzing over Super Cunt made a good impact in merda`s first team.

So go troll Pirlo`s thread or what ever is you do.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes he is expected to make a instant impact.Cause Milan is a world class club not Atalanta or some shit.Take a history lesson and see that great players ,made great impact from the primavera to the first team.Actually the guy ur jizzing over Super Cunt made a good impact in merda`s first team.

So go troll Pirlo`s thread or what ever is you do.
loooooooool
nice reasoning :star:

maradonna scored a hattrick on his debut so did zidane :o what a piece of crap post that was :D