The Final: Italy vs France

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
VAD said:
You must be racist, I think. So for you I want to add some more:
Ribery, Viera, Zidane and Henry are muslam.
For you, it's definitly not the French team, no :conf: :head:

Gosh man ... I was just saying they're not, ok what's the correct word, indigenous French. I'm from Zambia, Africa. I remember there was a huge fuss about Viera (being from Senegal) playing in last world cup's opener. I'm just really dissapointed why we (Africans) tend to end up playing for other countries. And then there's that whole talk of how bad African football is ... Oh well, thats why I respect George Weah cause he stood by Liberia even though the whole team sucked. But he kinda lost the idea when he ran for president :rolleyes:

Can anyone guess who's this?
"how good and how pleasant it would be, before God and man ...
to see the unification of all, Africans ..."

PS. Im not an indigenous Zambian, so I kinda fall in the same boat. No matter how much I love Zambia or how many close Zambian freinds/family I have, the fact still remains I'm not indigenous. There's always going to be a certain situation where someone would look at me differently. Dont know if anyone who's in the same position as I am can relate to this. Even worse, when I go to my parents' homeland I'm an even bigger stranger :( It does have some good sides to it though :D You know its there in the back of everyone's mind, but we're all just trying to have a good time.

I dont even want to go into religous talk. Dont put words where there was nothing ...

I mean, apart from Camoranesi, I would think that the Italian squad is pretty indigenous. I'm not against it, but Italy looks and plays differently. And their national anthem's probably the best out there (also like Brazil's). And they have more Milan players :D

So I'm all for Italy making it number four! And sorry for going off topic.
Italy 1 - 0 France

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Azzurri dominate FIFA squad Friday 7 July, 2006

Seven members of Italy’s World Cup party have made it into FIFA’s official squad of the tournament.

Goalkeepers: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy), Jens Lehmann (Germany), Ricardo (Portugal).

Defenders: Roberto Ayala (Argentina), John Terry (England), Lilian Thuram (France), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy), Gianluca Zambrotta (Italy), Ricardo Carvalho (Portugal).

Midfielders: Ze' Roberto (Brazil), Patrick Vieira (France), Zinedine Zidane (France), Michael Ballack (Germany), Andrea Pirlo (Italy), Gennaro Gattuso (Italy), Luis Figo (Portugal), Maniche (Portugal).

Forwards: Hernan Crespo (Argentina), Thierry Henry (France), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Francesco Totti (Italy), Luca Toni (Italy).

channel4.com

Forza Azzuri :star: Would be 8 azzuri if Nesta would play in all games :(

Reaction score
1778347_2160372.gif

Maldini

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
VAD said:
We're you from?
When you watch an BasketBall game with the Dream Team, you
say the same bullshit or not :conf:
So for you Zidane's not french? Henry too?
I don't know if you're stupid or just racist :head:
Just Viera and Makelele arn't born in France, but they're naturalized :head:
After that, ALL are born in the French territory,(Guayanne, Guadeloupe,
Martinique, Nouvelle-Calédonie...).

You must be racist, I think. So for you I want to add some more:
Ribery, Viera, Zidane and Henry are muslam.
For you, it's definitly not the French team, no :conf: :head:

how do you know that ribery,viera,zidane and henry are muslim?? just curious mate.

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
ORez said:
Andy Gray's Thoughts on WorldCup 2006

DONT READ WHAT THE BIGGEST A**HO*E ON THE PLANET HAS TO SAY !!!

All he can think of is england and england !!!!

1)In the game Milan V Barca ...Mr.Gray found a similarity between some Carling Cup game.. :D
2)"Gerraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(.....)aaaaard ...oh what a goaa(...)aal from one of the BEST on the planet " - Mr.Gray (Olympiakos V Liverpool CL 2004-05)
3)At least one player on the payroll of an English club will list the CL (when Milan went up 3-0 against Liverpool CL 2005)

^^^ Only 3 of Mr.Gray's famous statements !!! There loads !!!

**** Lets not talk abt stuff like this when Italian football is on a high ...finally after a long time ****

VAD

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Juninho, Ronaldinho, robinho and of course Thierry Henrinho
Maldini said:
how do you know that ribery,viera,zidane and henry are muslim?? just curious mate.

For Zidane and Viera it's not an secret, everybody know that.
Ribery's married with an muslam and now is converted.
For Henry, it's not official but many people've see Thierry in a
few mosqué at London, and he'll going with his friend Anelka to
La Mecque. +he never drink alcool, smoke...
Normally he's catholic, but now he must be converted too.

I just supposed, but maybe that's can explain this new understanding
betwen the France offence, and why Zidane and Henry was so happy
when Ribery's arrived in French team :conf:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
VAD said:
For Zidane and Viera it's not an secret, everybody know that.
Ribery's married with an muslam and now is converted.
For Henry, it's not official but many people've see Thierry in a
few mosqué at London, and he'll going with his friend Anelka to
La Mecque. +he never drink alcool, smoke...
Normally he's catholic, but now he must be converted too.

I just supposed, but maybe that's can explain this new understanding
betwen the France offence, and why Zidane and Henry was so happy
when Ribery's arrived in French team :conf:
They were happy coz he is muslims ? :D

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
Juventus

Juventus will have 8 players playing in the 2006 WC Final!

Zambrotta
Canavarro
Camoranesi
Buffoun
Del Piero
Trezeguet
Viera
Thuram

It is amazing to think a team with this much talent had to cheat to win.

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
So come on, Berlusconi,
bring us Buffon and Cannavaro.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milanista said:
do you guys remember how gattuso celebrated to lippi ? i cant remember which match that was. i thought they were fighting. loool . what a funny way to celebrate. imagine if gattuso scored...wonder what he do! lool :D forza gattuso!

I think that was against the Chek republic, after the first goal.

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
and maybe zambrota,if not someone better

Reaction score
I remember 1982. Brasilia- Italy. That amazing play... Forza ITALY... it possible... Forza Inzaghi...

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Gatorbasu said:
I think that was against the Chek republic, after the first goal.

It was actually after Inzaghi scored the 2nd goal . Gattuso ran towards Lippi , took him by the face n shook it lol . He was saying sth like if Inzaghi plays , he will always score or sth . :D

liko99

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Kaladze, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Jankulovski
i would like to see buffon and zambrotta in our squad :)

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
WILL2K said:
It was actually after Inzaghi scored the 2nd goal . Gattuso ran towards Lippi , took him by the face n shook it lol . He was saying sth like if Inzaghi plays , he will always score or sth . :D
When Rino scores, somebody quickly gives him a gun and he will shoot Lippi down for celebrating :) .

@madtherchot: Sorry, I don't have :D .

ilgenio@serbia

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Savicevic, Inzaghi, Weah, Nesta, Henry
Rosanna03 said:
So come on, Berlusconi,
bring us Buffon and Cannavaro.

Very good idea but i think we should also get Trezeguet because we desperately need that type of striker.He is great goal-player.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not necessary to open a new thread. Should be in the WC Final section, to where I am moving this.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Tardelli: France have always caused us problems
8 July 2006
by FIFAworldcup.com

FIFAworldcup.com took the opportunity to discuss Sunday evening’s game in Berlin with Italy veteran Marco Tardelli.

FIFAworldcup.com: What do you remember about the Italy-France game at Argentina 1978?
Marco Tardelli: It was a difficult game for us. France were a tough side with some excellent players like (Michel) Platini and (Didier) Six. We won 2-1 because we were more experienced. We knew how to withstand the pressure of a major international tournament. Their squad was very good however and they played very nice football. They showed what they could do four years later in Spain.

What are your thoughts ahead to Sunday’s Final?
I think Italy have been very good, especially in their last couple of games. I had my doubts at the start of the tournament, partly because our group opponents were not the strongest. The semi-final performance against Germany showed that the squad is in very good shape both physically and mentally.

How much does a losing streak count when you play against a big rival?
Italy have a very good record against Germany and we managed to keep it up. Let’s hope the trend is reversed in the game against France. I have to admit though that France have always caused us problems. Even before the bad run began at Mexico 1986, I can remember a couple of friendlies in Naples and Paris which were very tough for us (Italy drew 2-2 with France in Naples in February 1978 and then lost 2-0 in Paris in February 1982).

Do you think those French players with Serie A experience will approach Sunday’s game any differently?
No, I don’t think so. Maybe (Zinedine) Zidane will be keener than most to leave his mark, given that it’s his last ever game. The World Cup Final is big enough motivation itself. There’s no need for anything else, everyone will give their all because the Final is the Final.

Is there anyone in the current Italy squad that reminds you of yourself when you were playing?
I think football has changed so much in terms of tactics, speed and training methods that comparisons between footballers of yesterday and today are worthless. I remember I always used to man-mark Platini whenever we played France and I always used to kick him as well (smiles). That would never happen today. (Gennaro) Gattuso isn’t going to man-mark Zidane because that type of marking, and indeed player, are no longer around today.

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
Who is the fairest , Italy or France?
8 July 2006
by FIFAworldcup.com

The 2006 FIFA World Cup™ Final in Berlin on Sunday brings together France and Italy, two genuine heavyweights of the European game. FIFAworldcup.com takes a closer look at the contenders for the football’s ultimate prize.

1. Best ever moment
ITALY: The Final of the 1982 FIFA World Cup Spain. Italy beat West Germany 3-1 to become world champions for the third time. Marco Tardelli’s manic celebration after the second goal is as memorable today as it was at the time.

FRANCE:
The Final of the 1998 FIFA World Cup France. Didier Deschamps led the hosts to victory against favourites Brazil on an unforgettable night in Paris.

2. Nightmare match
ITALY: De Kuip Stadium Rotterdam, 2 July 2000. Having reached the Final of UEFA EURO 2000 under coach Dino Zoff, the Azzurri were in the mood for revenge. Back in 1998, hosts France had put paid to Italy’s FIFA World Cup hopes at the quarter-final stage after a dramatic penalty shoot-out. In Rotterdam, Marco Delvecchio put Italy into the lead on 55 minutes only for Sylvain Wiltord to grab an equaliser deep into injury-time. In extra time, up stepped France substitute David Trezeguet to break Italian hearts with a golden goal winner.

FRANCE: Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan, Seville, 8 July 1982. France faced West Germany in the semi-final at Spain 82. The French took a deserved 3-1 lead in extra time only to be pegged back to 3-3 before succumbing in the inevitable penalty shoot-out, Maxime Bossis missing the all-important kick. The real villain of the piece however was Germany goalkeeper Harald Schumacher, responsible for poleaxing Patrick Battiston when clean through on goal. The Frenchman was carried unconscious from the pitch while Schumacher remained, indifferent to his crime.

3. Key players
ITALY: Most people would have picked forwards Francesco Totti or Luca Toni before the tournament kicked off, but here at Germany 2006 the team spirit in the Italian camp has emerged as the overriding factor. Fabio Cannavaro, Gianluca Zambrotta, Gennaro Gattuso and Andrea Pirlo have materialised as unsung heroes from a squad bristling with talent.

FRANCE: Zinedine Zidane is the playmaker and soul of France, able to inspire the whole team with his brilliance. Patrick Vieira plays a vital role in the midfield engine room and Lilian Thuram is still one of the best defenders in the world. These three give a solid backbone to the team, a key ingredient for success on the football field.

4. The coach’s hand at work
ITALY: Marcello Lippi is the real architect of the Italian miracle. He has successfully built morale and united a squad still haunted by the debacles at Korea/Japan 2002 and UEFA EURO 2004. For the fist time in years the Nazionale bear a remarkable resemblance to their helmsman. Concentration, self-belief and tactical acumen are the winning cards favoured by Tuscan-born tactician Lippi.

FRANCE: Raymond Domenech was heavily criticised when he announced his squad but has been true to his stated objective of reaching the Final in Berlin. He has successfully created a solid team sprit in a squad left disillusioned by events at Korea/Japan 2002. The former France U-21 coach also has an uncanny ability to take pressure off his players by placing it on himself.

5. Style of play
ITALY: Italy have stumbled upon their best formation which involves a lone striker supported by Francesco Totti and two players down the flanks. Midfielders Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso have also demonstrated the understanding honed at club side AC Milan. The former acts as a deep-lying playmaker shielded by Gattuso’s ferocious ball-winning skills. There are a plethora of wide players in the squad, all equally effective in defence as in attack. Central defenders Fabio Cannavaro and Marco Materazzi have provided the sure-footed platform needed at the back to prosper at this level.

FRANCE: France are a solid unit based on a powerful defence and combative midfield. The use of solitary target man Thierry Henry means the team have been functional rather than spectacular, but the creative genius of Zinedine Zidane can prove decisive at any moment. Zidane’s free role is made possible by the defensive contributions of the indefatigable Patrick Vieira and Claude Makelele.

6. Secret weapon
ITALY: Italy’s trump card is Filippo Inzaghi. The AC Milan hitman may have played a bit-part role up to now, but his strike against the Czech Republic showed that few players share his understanding of the goal-poacher’s art. He should not be underestimated.

FRANCE: David Trezeguet is one of the most prolific strikers in Italy’s Serie A. He therefore knows the Italian defence well and will take great encouragement from the winning goal he scored against the Azzurri in the Final of UEFA EURO 2000. He has yet to score at Germany 2006.

7. Club sides
ITALY: All 23 members of the Nazionale squad play in Italy. Juventus and AC Milan are the largest contributors with five players each, followed by Palermo with four.

FRANCE: Only four members of the usual starting line-up play in France: Fabien Barthez, Eric Abidal, Florent Malouda and Frank Ribery. The other players ply their trade abroad in various European leagues. A total of five either play or have played for Juventus: Zinedine Zidane, Lilian Thuram, Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry and David Trezeguet. The team supplying most squad members is Lyon with five: Abidal, Malouda, Sylvain Wiltord, Gregory Coupet and Sidney Govou. Coach Raymond Domenech also has playing and managerial experience with Lyon.

8. Television viewing figures
ITALY: The total television audience for the semi-final against Germany was 26,026,854, the second highest figure ever for an Italian broadcast after the 27,537,000 viewers who tuned in to follow the Italy-Argentina semi-final at Italy 1990. Both records look set to tumble during Sunday’s match against Les Bleus.

FRANCE: In France a total of 22,199,760 viewers watched the semi-final with Portugal. This is a record for 2006 and exceeds the number who watched the Final of UEFA EURO 2000 (21.4 million) and the 1998 FIFA World Cup Final (20.6 million).