The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Mirabelli still talking about great things he did during his time in Milan :lol:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
G. Donnarumma / Tatarusanu
Romagnoli / Gabbia
Kabak / Kjaer
Hernandez / Mykolenko
Calabria / Dalot
Bennacer / Tonali
Kessie / Sucic
Rebic / Hauge
Thauvin / Saelemaekers
Calhanoglu / Diaz
Ibrahimovic / Leao

wouldnt be nice?

Kjaer is a starter over any CB we have including and especially capitano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The alternatives are not our key players, or at least not yet. Without Hakan we're not bound to 4-2-3-1. Zlatan and Rebic can adapt to different formations.

What formations do you have in mind?

Pioli did not switch to 4-2-3-1 because of Hakan.
He switched from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 because of Ibra's arrival and Leao's support striker characteristics.
Then he switched to 4-2-3-1 because the midfield duo weren't linking with the front 4, and the forwards weren't covering enough ground or giving enough support to the midfielders, which lead to even SPAL winning the midfield battle against us.
Hakan solved those issues when he was moved to the center.

Without Hakan, we'll need a new "balancer". Diaz might be less than ideal for that role, but even a suboptimal solution is probably better than a switch back to 3 man midfield and 4-4-2. We do not have the personnel for 3 man midfield.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure he won't renew at 7M but this is the price of success. As the club becomes more successful and gets back into CL, the players will be asking for higher wages. No one should be surprised.

The club is mostly paying the price for Fassobelli's idiotic shorter-contracts-higher-salary policy and also bad luck with timing of this rise in form with expiring contracts.

Hakan and Donna only received 4 year contracts in 2017.
Before leaving in 2018, Fassobelli renewed with Romagnoli by handing him a new 4 year contract, which almost doubled his salary and only extended his stay by 2 years.

The club has been negotiating with Hakan & Kessie for years, and seemingly also tried to sell them, but poor performances killed their market value and probably made the management reluctant to even give them an insignificant raise.
I don't know what their entourages were demanding earlier in the negotiations, but it's probably requests that would seem more than reasonable now.

Fortunately, Kessie's contract still has almost 2 years left. The Hakan & Donna case will depend on how badly they want to stay. I think they'll budge eventually.
4m+bonus for Hakan.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Well with Duarte he has the physical attributes. Big strong and quick.

It remains to be seen if he has the mental/technical.

Things like physical can be seen from his highlights.

But the technical/mental can not because of their nature and the nature of highlight videos being the absolute best. We will see.

For now he is a Milan player who legendary Milan defenders saw something in . How can anybody on this fourm who never played a sport let alone football/soccer say anything for the time being.

If he flops then yes. But for now he only has positive imo.

Duarte is not quick...

He was getting burnt to a crisp by serie c strikers just this pre season. Only acceptable reason could be that he was rusty from all his injuries.

He doesn't look promising at all. I agree that we need to see more of him but his last few appearances were horrendous...

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
People are right about Duarte not having received enough opportunities. However, every Brazilian football fan I've spoken to was baffled at Milan's decision of spending 11m on Duarte.

Hopefully he'll prove us all wrong and cement his place in the squad.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli / Gabbia
Kabak / Kjaer
Hernandez / Mykolenko
Calabria / Dalot
Bennacer / Tonali
Kessie / Sucic
Rebic / Hauge
Thauvin / Saelemaekers
Calhanoglu / Diaz
Ibrahimovic / Leao

wouldnt be nice?

yes v nice in fact spot on

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Romagnoli / Gabbia
Kabak / Kjaer
Hernandez / Mykolenko
Calabria / Dalot
Bennacer / Tonali
Kessie / Sucic
Rebic / Hauge
Thauvin / Saelemaekers
Calhanoglu / Diaz
Ibrahimovic / Leao

wouldnt be nice?
Sucic?

A kid who has barely played first team football as Kessie's backup?

Soumare/Caicedo and Kabak and we golden.

Thauvin on cheap will be a cherry on the top (if Marseille are willing to accept a nominal amount to let him leave early)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Lazio really spanked the Bundesfarmers :proud:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Many posters on this forum must've cried themselves to sleep.

why not, good for the league, overall good for us

if the league becomes more strong and attractive, then we also end up getting more revenue in the end

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How can anybody on this fourm who never played a sport let alone football/soccer say anything for the time being.

???

Are you saying you never played football before? Or do you mean professionally?

Last edited:

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
why not, good for the league, overall good for us

if the league becomes more strong and attractive, then we also end up getting more revenue in the end

never mind how attractive the league is, FIGC should first understand modern marketing and advance from the 90', EPL teams have won fuck all and yet have the highest revenue league wise

ffs, lower tier teams in Premier League can outbid us

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yesterday Mykolenko did not impress me tbh. First time I see him though

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm 100% sure that if there's any truth to the Hakan salary demands that's gross wage and not net. No way he has the balls to demand over 6m.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What formations do you have in mind?

Pioli did not switch to 4-2-3-1 because of Hakan.
He switched from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 because of Ibra's arrival and Leao's support striker characteristics.
Then he switched to 4-2-3-1 because the midfield duo weren't linking with the front 4, and the forwards weren't covering enough ground or giving enough support to the midfielders, which lead to even SPAL winning the midfield battle against us.
Hakan solved those issues when he was moved to the center.

Without Hakan, we'll need a new "balancer". Diaz might be less than ideal for that role, but even a suboptimal solution is probably better than a switch back to 3 man midfield and 4-4-2. We do not have the personnel for 3 man midfield.

4-3-1-2 gonna be lit

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
The club is mostly paying the price for Fassobelli's idiotic shorter-contracts-higher-salary policy and also bad luck with timing of this rise in form with expiring contracts.

That's not coincidence, a lot of players pull the best performance in the last year of contract, they want to get a better one.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol: why even think about changing formation that actually works and we have players for?

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
#Rebic has resumed the personalized work on the field avoiding contacts, next week could be back in the group, will miss Celtic and Roma.
#Calhanoglu this morning less swollen but sore ankle. He will attempt to return in 7-10 days

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
#Rebic has resumed the personalized work on the field avoiding contacts, next week could be back in the group, will miss Celtic and Roma.
#Calhanoglu this morning less swollen but sore ankle. He will attempt to return in 7-10 days

no point in rushing any of them, let them get some proper rest and test out the new blood in their place.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
never mind how attractive the league is, FIGC should first understand modern marketing and advance from the 90', EPL teams have one fuck all and yet have the highest revenue league wise

ffs, lower tier teams in Premier League can outbid us

Italian economic growth stopped in the 90's. English working class is still willing to spend a lot of money for the club they support, italian working class has no money, we have to focus our marketing on foreign supporters.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
People are right about Duarte not having received enough opportunities. However, every Brazilian football fan I've spoken to was baffled at Milan's decision of spending 11m on Duarte.

Hopefully he'll prove us all wrong and cement his place in the squad.

Moncada approved the signing as well. So we'll see

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. I never understood the hate against him, dude's been thrown onto the field at random and people have been screaming for blood at every mistake.

He doesn't strike me as the second coming of Nesta's reading of the game, but he has plenty of tools. Fast, strong.

For me, I don't rate him because we got Gustavo Gomez for around the same price (or less). Gomez lead his team to an Argentinean League title.

During his time here, he struggled to adapt and never saw any consistent playing time, similar to Duarte. But even in their cameos, to me, Gomez showed more than Duarte.

So for all the crap Gomez got, Duarte came with less accolades and has played worse, so I can't help but see him as a bad signing.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
For me, I don't rate him because we got Gustavo Gomez for around the same price (or less). Gomez lead his team to an Argentinean League title.

During his time here, he struggled to adapt and never saw any consistent playing time, similar to Duarte. But even in their cameos, to me, Gomez showed more than Duarte.

So for all the crap Gomez got, Duarte came with less accolades and has played worse, so I can't help but see him as a bad signing.

I think part of it was also the large price-tag for a player that even his club's fans said wasn't a good player. You can say he hasn't had much of a chance and sure he was decent in his cameos but pre-season he looked so poor. No telling how he will be if he makes a start. Would love him to actually come good for us.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Transfermarkt: Five youngest squads in Europe by average age:

1. Milan ? 23.6
2. Nice ? 23.7
3. Saint-Etienne ? 23.8
4. Reims ? 23.9
5. Monaco ? 24.0

Thats why Vulture wants French talents.

Last edited:
Status