Schalke Vs Milan UEFA Champions League

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
cuore said:
Sorry guys...What did Poulsen do? I know I'm a bit late.
Imagine a Gattuso who didn't miss a single dirty challenge and attacked players off the ball when the ref wasn't watching, and you've got Poulsen. He even went for Sheva's dodgy cheek, it was funny to see Rino's reaction when he did it to him.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
percik said:
Hi princess!

So as a rule I appreciate your comments. But this ones and a couple of last I can't just pass me by.

And here you not only one who are wrong or at least not pretty much correct. I don't want to explain all with the big details I think you are clever enough to understand the matter from the general sentences.

1. Schalke vice champion of GERMANY (whose NT is the most titled European team)
2. Schalke plays at home in front of their devil fans
3. The team is very balanced and has a strong squad.
4. Schalke is not Treviso so there is no REASON for Milan to win the game against it with 5-0
5. Schalke did very well from tactical point of view, especially Poulsan, who has just eaten Kaka, Cafu was absolute overplayed by Kobiashvilli, Gilardino the same as Kaka and as the life shows Gila don't score still if he doesn’t have enough chances (maybe time will help). Absolute right tactical desisions from their Coach
6. Dida – absolute poor performance, second one was absolute his fault as I understood he just lost concentration and wasn’t ready for such shot, though the ball netted the corner he defended.
7. Sheva - just the class, was tight marked but as he got the chance he has scored.
8. Seedorf - here I want to say to all members of the forum that I consider everyone here as human with the big need of knowledge in football, if somebody says such shit about Seedorf (especially after his last performance). And it is not whether I like this player or not. The reason is what Seedorf does for the midfield. Have you even watched the game? He was during all game perhaps the ONE who contributed to the balance of the midfield, holding the ball in Milan's feet, helping to defense and to attack. With Kaka switched off by Poulsen and Kobiashvilly, with Pirlo marked by Kurany and Gattuso played only with hisself. Seedorf was the one perhaps with Sheva who kept the midfield in the order and functioning. Or do you all think - that the good football player has to run as a crazy during all game, ye?? Ok then take your football shoes and try to run 90 minutes as a crazy. If your name is not Gattuso then I am sure you will NOT get it even during 20 minutes (I even don’t speak about the clever use of the ball) There is a word in football as a balanced play of the player during 90 minutes and balanced performance of the team and every good team has to have such player who will keep the balance. As Veron in Inter, Emerson in Juve, Lampard in Chelsey, Seedorf in Milan. Or do you think that Emerson, Lampard, Veron run more or faster then Seedorf, ye??? Then I say that you don't watch football or don't have any fucking idea about it!!!!
9. Yesterday Milan has played perhaps not absolute without mistakes. Perhaps Ancelotti had to change Kaka earlier, and put Vieri instead again disappointed Gila and maybe Serginho against Pirlo
10. But in generall it was pretty good game and all Germans experts has praised Shalke for fighting till the end against such great Milan!!!!
11. Don't blame Ancelotti, yet, for last 3 years he deserved to be respected (as for me I changed my opinion about him as it was at first)
11. Milan got a point and now is the first in its Group!!!
12. Sorry If I insulted you - I just want to say the truth and not to cry without any reasons like losers.

And by the way Jankulovsky - is not such tape of midfielder you expected of, who has to change the midfield. The time will show!!!
As much as I wanna answer u but m just 2late.
Also Kyara + Shevy almost said what I wanna say.
Only 1 thing I cant tolerate its talking about Dida.
Not even Sueperman can stop the second goal.
The ball was way 2 far from him.
+ Dida was about 2 meters from his goal so this mean he narrowed the goal 4 the Shalke player.
But the shot was lucky + great.

Rua

Beginner
Reaction score
Regarding comment #6 about the second goal:

Very late into the discussion, but hell, I'll go as far as blaming the second goal on Seedorf. Had he shown more insistence in challenging Altintop, the guy wouldn't have any space or time to execute that wonderful shot. Instead, our lazy Seedorf just put in a laughable "touching" and then let the guy running full speed into the gap between midfield and defence. And damn, it was hell of a shot :)

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Rua said:

Very late into the discussion, but hell, I'll go as far as blaming the second goal on Seedorf. Had he shown more insistence in challenging Altintop, the guy wouldn't have any space or time to execute that wonderful shot. Instead, our lazy Seedorf just put in a laughable "touching" and then let the guy running full speed into the gap between midfield and defence. And damn, it was hell of a shot :)

I don't like Seedorf either, but he hasn't to tackle everybody who is within 20 meters! It wasn't his fault.
Rost (gk of Schalke 04) said, that this new adidas ball flies unpredictable on long range shoots and he means that Dida thought for sure that the ball goes wide.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Did you forget 2004 , Milan 3:2 Inter , Seedorf shoot a long distance ?
I think althoug Seedorf is not a very good player , I also like it because he doesn't have serious disadvantage :star:
TheGrinch said:
I don't like Seedorf either, but he hasn't to tackle everybody who is within 20 meters! It wasn't his fault.
Rost (gk of Schalke 04) said, that this new adidas ball flies unpredictable on long range shoots and he means that Dida thought for sure that the ball goes wide.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Rua said:

True & i did said that in my game review. :star:

julia22

Life is now xD
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan's, Totti, Aquilani, Fabregas, Rosicky, Luca Toni, Vargas, De Rossi, Agüero, Bojan
THE MALDINESTA said:
This's the most hilarious comment so far...:head:, so You're happy with the result as well as the way we played? :conf:
I don't like to talk about a previous match...but I make an exception for this one.

Except for Capitano,(and Sheva maybe?)...Milan played like crap

i know it wasn't the best game, i'm just trying to be positive... :cry:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
The 2nd goal is one of those shots that can either go out or if go into the net will be a thunderous goal. If you see the replay and slo-mo of the goal, you can see that the ball was not spinning on its course, it was released from the kicker's feet purely out of strength. This is very hard for goalie to anticipate, because the ball is 'loose' and can drift anywhere. Draft of wind will usually determine where the ball will go.

Remember 2 seasons ago when Pirlo launched that long distance shot vs Chievo (2-2 home draw) that went to the upper corner? That's the same like Schalke's 2nd goal.

But still, for me Dida should at least position himself better.

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
6. Dida – absolute poor performance
Oh, come on. Even though he saved our skins late in the game and (probably) kept Schalke from taking all three points in the process? I don't want to turn every thread into The McLaughlin Group every time someone criticizes my fave player, because everyone is entitled to their opinion, but methinks this is a bit of an overreaction.

Wild said:
Only 1 thing I cant tolerate its talking about Dida. Not even Sueperman can stop the second goal. The ball was way 2 far from him. + Dida was about 2 meters from his goal so this mean he narrowed the goal 4 the Schalke player. But the shot was lucky + great.
Amen. I saw The Shot during highlights on Fox Sports World Report last night and, from my perspective, it looked as if he'd have needed a pogo stick to catch it. (I didn't see any other defenders near the goal, either, though I'd probably have to watch it again.) As if that wasn't enough, FSC couldn't even be bothered to show the crucial save from the Larsen strike. :head:

Last edited:

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
cuore said:
Sorry guys...What did Poulsen do? I know I'm a bit late.

He marked Kaka out of the game, not much else. He is a hard player but I don´t really see what he did to be so upset about. He is very effective at what he does i guess.

The focus has probably just been put on him to escape the fact that Milan did´nt play very well AGAIN.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Vernetti said:
He marked Kaka out of the game, not much else. He is a hard player but I don´t really see what he did to be so upset about. He is very effective at what he does i guess.

The focus has probably just been put on him to escape the fact that Milan did´nt play very well AGAIN.

You defend him just becouse you are a dane. He is idiot player and the critics are right for him , its not the 1st time he do this unsport things.. he deserve to be banned from football pitch.. all in all IDIOT.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ambrosini, Gilardino
who was the idiot that compared Poulsen to Gattuso?!?!Gattuso has determination! Poulson is witty in hitting the opponent behind the referee.
In fact, I've never seen anyone spitting in Gattuso's face

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
Owen said:
who was the idiot<:conf:> that compared Poulsen to Gattuso?!?!Gattuso has determination! Poulson is witty in hitting the opponent behind the referee.
hey dude, watch it! no need for that... c'mon :o

Wild said:
I think i know what ur talking about. ;) :D
i'm pretty sure u do..lol ;)

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Owen said:
who was the idiot that compared Poulsen to Gattuso?!?!Gattuso has determination! Poulson is witty in hitting the opponent behind the referee.
That would be me ;)
And what you said is basically what I said anyway. So in a way you just called yourself an idiot :D

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
gaizka22 said:
The 2nd goal is one of those shots that can either go out or if go into the net will be a thunderous goal. If you see the replay and slo-mo of the goal, you can see that the ball was not spinning on its course, it was released from the kicker's feet purely out of strength. This is very hard for goalie to anticipate, because the ball is 'loose' and can drift anywhere. Draft of wind will usually determine where the ball will go.

Remember 2 seasons ago when Pirlo launched that long distance shot vs Chievo (2-2 home draw) that went to the upper corner? That's the same like Schalke's 2nd goal.

But still, for me Dida should at least position himself better.

Fun Fact:

Thats what we would call a "Knuckle Ball" in baseball. The ball has no spin on it, and is just carried iratically by the wind. The batter has no clue where its going.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
If only Tim Wakefield had pitched it.

IMO we looked OK until we got a lead then we looked tenative and like we were just worried about loosing it. Then when they tied it we looked OK again.

All in all I think for playing on the road in a stadium full of loud fans we did OK. I'd have prefered not to have tied, but those are the breaks.

They got a lucky deflection on the 1st goal to have it fall right to Larsen. Even though Kaladze kinda fell asleep. And their second goal befuddled Dida completely. That's fine if he just couldn't get to it, but it would have been nice if he even moved from a shot from 30 yards+.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thats what we would call a "Knuckle Ball" in baseball. The ball has no spin on it, and is just carried iratically by the wind. The batter has no clue where its going.
*does Arte Johnson impersonation* Very interesting... :)

If only Tim Wakefield had pitched it.
Heh. :cool:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whatever you guys say, I say Poulsen never provoked more than our angelic devillish Ricky did ;) He just frustrated the hell out of him, well, we didn't really expect him to stand in awe + watch Ricky run circles around him, or did we ?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Pardon my askin but who the deuce is this 'Ricky' chap?