Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Can’t blame him? At their first goal he decided just to stand and stare instead of getting back into the danger area in front of goal where Vecino was unmarked. He alone is to blame for their second goal.
Awful game. Let it please be a one-off.

:star:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Great game today. That pass for Borini was something he/they should try more often. Unlocked the play instantly...

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
I really hope he’s alright!

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
His tackles are beautiful.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
That pass as well, gorgeous

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Which pass? Everyone is speaking of it and I completely missed it.

He made a long pass from the back to Borini, bypassing all of Lazio and ending in a good chance for us. All within 30 seconds or so... we need more of this, not this slow build up, where no one wants to take the risk and initiative.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But Bon-bon’s long passes never connected with anybody...

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Not going to fully blame him, but it's obvious his complaining to the refs is becoming a problem. I don't buy that it's a case that every single ref hates Milan or Romagnoli in particular, given that so many different ones have booked him. You can blame the ref as much for the harsh red (it should have been a 2nd yellow), but I saw clear issues with Romagnoli today.

When Suso was booked in the first 10 minutes for a clear tactical found from behind on Belotti, Romagnoli runs over to the ref and starts complaining. What exactly is he complaining about? It's the most clear cut yellow you will ever see, and every referee in every league will give that as a yellow. I'm all for the captain standing up and even pressuring the referee, but you can't be an idiot about it. Why would a ref take you seriously if you're complaining about the clearest yellow card? I'm starting to think it has to do with Romagnoli's constant complaining that he is receiving so many yellow cards, and I thought that was on display this game.

He needs to pick and choose when to complain. Starting to do that for the most obvious yellow card is not a good idea. He was asking for the red card by the end of the game.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not going to fully blame him, but it's obvious his complaining to the refs is becoming a problem. I don't buy that it's a case that every single ref hates Milan or Romagnoli in particular, given that so many different ones have booked him. You can blame the ref as much for the harsh red (it should have been a 2nd yellow), but I saw clear issues with Romagnoli today.

When Suso was booked in the first 10 minutes for a clear tactical found from behind on Belotti, Romagnoli runs over to the ref and starts complaining. What exactly is he complaining about? It's the most clear cut yellow you will ever see, and every referee in every league will give that as a yellow. I'm all for the captain standing up and even pressuring the referee, but you can't be an idiot about it. Why would a ref take you seriously if you're complaining about the clearest yellow card? I'm starting to think it has to do with Romagnoli's constant complaining that he is receiving so many yellow cards, and I thought that was on display this game.

He needs to pick and choose when to complain. Starting to do that for the most obvious yellow card is not a good idea. He was asking for the red card by the end of the game.

:thumbsup:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not smart enough for being Milan captain, but I guess he perfectly reflects current Milan status...

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

can imagine all players/captains say same thing 'player first foul during the game', 'he is not brutal player', 'there were still players behind so it was not clear chance' - this days you may see 5-6 players from each team bitching about refs decisions after every call ... harder opponent or more important results - more emotions.
i guess idea is to make ref feels like he did something unfair so next calls will be better for us (every team do it so...).

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pressing the ref is important and in general Romagnoli seems ok at that and also not disrespectful.

Schedule