The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2019, 09:23   #1
fray
Casciavit
 
fray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default Week 4: Milan - Inter 21/09/19 20:45 CET

Another week, another torch to carry.



Let's go.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:12   #2
CDarius
Senior Team Member
 
CDarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romānia
Default

I feel we gonna win this. Last time we were the "favourites" but we ended up losing 3-2 ..i am confident that we can make a big game and win this.
Piatek and Suso to score
CDarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:21   #3
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

For me it depends on the lineup.

If we gonna start rr, biglia, borini, samu it could turn real ugly.


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:26   #4
CDarius
Senior Team Member
 
CDarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Romānia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenebra View Post
For me it depends on the lineup.

If we gonna start rr, biglia, borini, samu it could turn real ugly.

RR will definetly start..i dont think they will start Theo from the 1st minute in the derby after he didnt got any minutes in the first 3 games
CDarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:33   #5
fray
Casciavit
 
fray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

The probabline line up:

Donnarumma

Conti - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Kessie - Biglia - Calhanoglu

Suso - Rebic

Piatek


Watch out for:

GP reverting back to 4-3-3, a formation the team have experience with.

Paqueta starting, although the chances are slim to none.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:44   #6
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon
 
Thenebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
The probabline line up:

Donnarumma

Conti - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Kessie - Biglia - Calhanoglu

Suso - Rebic

Piatek


Watch out for:

GP reverting back to 4-3-3, a formation the team have experience with.

Paqueta starting, although the chances are slim to none.
This is not good enough.

Loosing patience with gp fast.


Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:50   #7
Hitchens
Associazione Circus Milan
 
Hitchens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Norway
Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kakį, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho
Default

Please:

Gigio
Conti - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Hernandez
Kessie - Bennacer - Calhanoglu
Suso - Rebic
Piatek

Worried about Conti, that scandal of a red card should've been overturned. I would have started Musacchio at RB but we can't unleash Duarte in the derby. Also afraid that starting Conti will mean Rodriguez, which effectively paralyzes our left side.

Hope to see Leao and Krunic for Piatek and Kessie in the second half.


Signature
Hitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:52   #8
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

This gonna be gud.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 10:58   #9
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Borini at right back?


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 11:05   #10
VooDooDoll
))<>((
 
VooDooDoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Moon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
The probabline line up:

Donnarumma

Conti - Musacchio - Romagnoli - Rodriguez

Kessie - Biglia - Calhanoglu

Suso - Rebic

Piatek


Watch out for:

GP reverting back to 4-3-3, a formation the team have experience with.

Paqueta starting, although the chances are slim to none.
probably starting 11 yeah
but it is already 433 so..


Signature

atalanta vs milan (players)

g: suso, bona, donna, roma, calabria
f&m: conti, kessie, hakan, musa, rr
l: samuel, piatek
m&b: leao, benna
VooDooDoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 11:10   #11
fray
Casciavit
 
fray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Borini at right back?
That's an option, yes.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 11:51   #12
Noyon9s
Super Pippo <3
 
Noyon9s's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Fav. Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, Pirlo, Super Pippo
Default

I woke up today so hyped for this game. Forza Milan, Forza Capitano, Forza IL PISTOLERO, Can't wait to sing that PUM PUM PUM PUM !


Signature
Noyon9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 12:19   #13
brk
AC Milan Legend
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

I think it will almost certainly be a 433 like the second half at Verona, with Rebic on the left. No way we play ultra-narrow against this Inter. This would actually be a great game to play Leao, maybe at the hour mark while asking Piatek to press their central CB intensely all game and making sure there's no easy pass to their central midfield. Leao on the break with Rebic is a lot more threatening than Piatek, especially late in the game.

We'll have to defend in a 4141 block with Rebic on the left and Suso on the right, Gattuso style. Anything else is suicide. Maybe the return fixture we can try to play our game and try to dominate the midfield and press high, but now is not the time. Play it safe Giampaolo and build on Gattuso for now.

Conti needs to grab this chance. Huge opportunity for him. With Kessie and hopefully Suso close by as an outball he should have some help.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 12:23   #14
joyrider
Il Moderati
 
joyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Default

Conti is an attacking wingback, he’ll do well if Kessie and Bennacer can cover for him.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 12:49   #15
brk
AC Milan Legend
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default



It's going to be a very interesting game tactically. The key battle I think will be between Rebic and Candreva. Rebic can persistently find space behind Candreva and I don't think Godin is well suited to defend this. If Candreva over commits and tries to press Rodriguez, then Rebic will find a lot of space on the left side. Rodriguez is pretty press resistance, for all his faults. So his job would be to resist Candreva and somehow find the ball, probably through Bennacer to Rebic who would then be free. On the other side I think the strategy would be to let Suso and their fear of him to force Asamoah to be dragged inside, which would give space for Conti to attack on the outside. So Rodriguez will mostly stay very very deep all the time, also to be the spare man so Lukaku and Lautaro don't find themsleves 2v2. Conti will only attack when there's space outside Suso, and then it becomes a race between him and Asamoah. So we attack wide with Rebic and Conti, not Rodriguez. Candreva needs to keep an eye on Rebic while also press Rodriguez, so his job is very difficult. Hope he tires himself




When we're defending it should be a Gattuso style 4141. Extremely narrow, pushing them wide where we can double up on their wingbacks. Bennacer needs to make sure Lautaro doesn't find space between the lines. The idea is to cede possession to their CB's and make sure Piatek is always tracking Brozovic and making sure he doesn't have a way through the middle.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 13:07   #16
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I think it will almost certainly be a 433 like the second half at Verona, with Rebic on the left. No way we play ultra-narrow against this Inter. This would actually be a great game to play Leao, maybe at the hour mark while asking Piatek to press their central CB intensely all game and making sure there's no easy pass to their central midfield. Leao on the break with Rebic is a lot more threatening than Piatek, especially late in the game.

We'll have to defend in a 4141 block with Rebic on the left and Suso on the right, Gattuso style. Anything else is suicide. Maybe the return fixture we can try to play our game and try to dominate the midfield and press high, but now is not the time. Play it safe Giampaolo and build on Gattuso for now.

Conti needs to grab this chance. Huge opportunity for him. With Kessie and hopefully Suso close by as an outball he should have some help.
Pressing, blocking, defending are all fine when we don't have possession, but we need solutions when we do get possession. This is the home derby after all.

Piatek dropping deep for the ball is something I still hope to see. If they continue to play 3-4-2-1, I consider the 2 guys who'd sit back in the midfield Inter's weakest link, whether that's Broz-Barella or Broz-Gagliardini. If Piatek can move cleverly in that annoying position between the CBs and these two midfielders (almost like Vecino did against Milan last year), we will get openings for Hakan, Rebic and Suso to move forward.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 13:09   #17
brk
AC Milan Legend
 
brk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Pressing, blocking, defending are all fine when we don't have possession, but we need solutions when we do get possession. This is the home derby after all.

Piatek dropping deep for the ball is something I still hope to see. If they continue to play 3-4-2-1, I consider the 2 guys who'd sit back in the midfield Inter's weakest link, whether that's Broz-Barella or Broz-Gagliardini. If Piatek can move cleverly in that annoying position between the CBs and these two midfielders (almost like Vecino did against Milan last year), we will get openings for Hakan, Rebic and Suso to move forward.
Vecino still giving me nightmares from that day. Insane how much space he had behind Bakayoko...

Well, when we attack it will be all Suso, no? No other way. Cut inside and hope to find Rebic or Piatek.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 13:11   #18
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
It's going to be a very interesting game tactically. The key battle I think will be between Rebic and Candreva. Rebic can persistently find space behind Candreva and I don't think Godin is well suited to defend this. If Candreva over commits and tries to press Rodriguez, then Rebic will find a lot of space on the left side. Rodriguez is pretty press resistance, for all his faults. So his job would be to resist Candreva and somehow find the ball, probably through Bennacer to Rebic who would then be free. On the other side I think the strategy would be to let Suso and their fear of him to force Asamoah to be dragged inside, which would give space for Conti to attack on the outside. So Rodriguez will mostly stay very very deep all the time, also to be the spare man so Lukaku and Lautaro don't find themsleves 2v2. Conti will only attack when there's space outside Suso, and then it becomes a race between him and Asamoah. So we attack wide with Rebic and Conti, not Rodriguez. Candreva needs to keep an eye on Rebic while also press Rodriguez, so his job is very difficult. Hope he tires himself
Moving the attack wide early on will not work well for us, we would be playing Inter in their own game and we are much worse at it. We need to build the attack through narrow channels, crowd their midfield and then utilize the wide positions that our attackers could hopefully take up.

Also, Inter I think is more likely to stick to the 3-4-2-1 they used against Udine, with Sensi and Politano playing behind Lukaku. Midfield will be Brozovic and Barella or Gagliardini.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 13:16   #19
necromancer
Lo Stile di Pioli
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Well, when we attack it will be all Suso, no? No other way. Cut inside and hope to find Rebic or Piatek.
That would be disastrous and we can sign off on a defeat already. I don't think we signed Giampaolo to stick to that give the ball to Suso and hope mode.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 13:52   #20
Tobinho
Decisive Hours
 
Tobinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Default

I don't see GP starting both Conti and Theo, RR has been solid so he'll surely start. Conti or Borini is probably a toss-up at the moment.

Definitely need Bennacer for the additional work rate and to move the ball forward fast and Rebic's speed, power and directness will be invaluable.

Hopefully the extra few days to prepare pay off.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:20.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.