Jeremy Menez Thread

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
imagine if Miha can make him to be less selfish, i think he can be more useful on Miha's system

xDxMxSx

Banned
Reaction score
It's not a coincidence that PSG let him go easily, it's best to sell him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
imagine if Miha can make him to be less selfish, i think he can be more useful on Miha's system

he will
#m4m taskforce :cool: (menez 4 miha)

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
is he injured or just not in the plans?

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
He's recovering from back surgery he had at the beginning of the summer holidays. He's training with the squad now iinw so hopefully we'll see him play in pre season soon.

Forza Jeremy!

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score

This is not about being selfish. The player is not used to looking around and playing for the other players, realistically even if he wanted it would be very hard for him to play as a playmaker.

I see Menez only as a SS if he can improve his selfishness (and coordinate his movements with the other striker) to the point where it's bearable.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^ agreed. I don't think trying to make him a trequartista is a good idea. He belongs in the frontline.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
just pick the ball from de jong and drible or pass it to Berry and he will repeat last season wonder.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
just pick the ball from de jong and drible or pass it to Berry and he will repeat last season wonder.

You do know that last season we finished 10th right :lol:? None of the players last season (excluding maybe Diego Lopez) had a great season by any stretch of imagination. Leave aside the penalties and he scored only two goals more than Honda even though he was the main point of attack and Honda played in the Asian cup. If Ibra comes, Menez is definitely not shooting any more penalties.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
You do know that last season we finished 10th right :lol:? None of the players last season (excluding maybe Diego Lopez) had a great season by any stretch of imagination. Leave aside the penalties and he scored only two goals more than Honda even though he was the main point of attack and Honda played in the Asian cup. If Ibra comes, Menez is definitely not shooting any more penalties.

no clubs interested and if we dont make mf signing beside witsel...i am sure he will have same minutes like before.

Ibra--Bacca
----Menez---

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He had back surgery righT?

Anyone know the time table. If it's a typical back surgery we don't see much of him this year, and certainly not at top form which would be a shame. He's better than Cerci in cerci's role

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
^ agreed. I don't think trying to make him a trequartista is a good idea. He belongs in the frontline.

He's been a nightmare at trequartista majority of his career. Best play had always been as far advanced as possible. Could work nicely w/ Bacca or Adriano.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Ibra--Bacca
----Menez---

Nah, he's better as part of a front 2, or playing wide in a 3 man front line. Too selfish to be a trequarista

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Well, it seems like with Niang injured and Ibrahimovic not coming, all strikers are blocked until January (that includes Cerci, Matri and Menez). The problem is that when it comes to strikers there is a vast difference between our starters and our backups in terms of quality. Menez could be an important card to have but I frankly hold little hope and I'll have to see to believe it.

The worry is that if Bacca gets injured *knocks on wood*, the drop in the quality of our attack would be very big.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I heard this guy is a lazy fodder, that never passes and can only score from penalties :head:

Must sell!
tumblr_nj5fqwHb6w1qhdv2qo1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_nj5fqwHb6w1qhdv2qo2_r2_500.gif

tumblr_niqboeokh71qhdv2qo1_400.gif

tumblr_ni08tlQIXS1qhdv2qo1_500.gif

tumblr_ngxkioXr4t1qaorn7o1_500.gif

tumblr_ngmpmhmDRn1qhdv2qo2_500.gif

tumblr_nfv16rqwDQ1qhdv2qo1_400.gif

tumblr_nfijg5gdpX1qhdv2qo2_500.gif

Source: Jasper's tumblr

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So selfish, never passes :head:

tumblr_nbxtad1J8U1qhdv2qo2_500.gif

tumblr_nbxtad1J8U1qhdv2qo4_500.gif

How many assists would he have if they were counted as in hockey?

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
This guy was class last season.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, it seems like with Niang injured and Ibrahimovic not coming, all strikers are blocked until January (that includes Cerci, Matri and Menez). The problem is that when it comes to strikers there is a vast difference between our starters and our backups in terms of quality. Menez could be an important card to have but I frankly hold little hope and I'll have to see to believe it.

The worry is that if Bacca gets injured *knocks on wood*, the drop in the quality of our attack would be very big.

I mean, I'm sorry but Menez is a much better player than Bacca and Adriano. Menez was world class on an absolutely dreadful Milan side last year.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I mean, I'm sorry but Menez is a much better player than Bacca and Adriano. Menez was world class on an absolutely dreadful Milan side last year.

I don't know how good Bacca and Adriano are, but Menez is not that great ... the same way that Balotelli is not that great.

What I do know, is that there were teams offering 20+ million for Bacca, but no team was even dreaming of offering 20 million for Menez in the past 2-3 seasons.

There is a reason why teams like Roma and PSG discarded him, if Menez was awesome he'd be playing now for Real Madrid or Manchester United.

Making a couple assists in an entire season is not good by any stretch of imagination, heck I remember even a backheel assist from Inzaghi to Shevchenko in a 5-2 against Fiorentina, and we can all agree that Inzaghi is not the most technically gifted player.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he is not lazy at all. selfish sure, but not lazy. he is also no doubt the most gifted player in the team. hope miha can discipline him. he can be very useful to us.

TheKid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonera, Iaquinta

I've seen a ton of stupid posts on this website, but this one, definitely takes the cake.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Adriano maybe, I don't rate him highly, but not Bacca.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
there are average players, top players and world class players

Menez is below "top". He does play like a top player sometimes but he has some flaws that hold him back

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
there are average players, top players and world class players

Menez is below "top". He does play like a top player sometimes but he has some flaws that hold him back

Agree. He can become WC though, if he continues to grow like last year and does not fuck up + has a good support from the teammates and coach.

Judging by potential, he has all the talent you need to do that... speed, dribbling, ambidexterity, vision, shooting, etc.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Agree. He can become WC though, if he continues to grow like last year and does not fuck up + has a good support from the teammates and coach.

Judging by potential, he has all the talent you need to do that... speed, dribbling, ambidexterity, vision, shooting, etc.

Not sure about that one...unless you mean the guy has functioning eyes

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not sure about that one...unless you mean the guy has functioning eyes

I believe he can spot a good chance and make a great cutting pass. The problem is he must lift his head up and look around first :)

TeKappa

Primavera
Reaction score
menez is a quality individual player. key word. individual. hes got the speed, the dribbling, the finesse, the spectacular. now if he learns how to pass he can become WC. hes had these problems since the roma days, hes in love with the dribble

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menez is a quality individual player. key word. individual. hes got the speed, the dribbling, the finesse, the spectacular. now if he learns how to pass he can become WC. hes had these problems since the roma days, hes in love with the dribble

16 goals
4 assists

On a terrible Milan side... He's an incredibly underrated player on this message board. Disrespected really.

Schedule